shiroq

Chop Shop needs fixing

As we all know chop shops have been nerfed, the nerf came after the impound lot was introduced which also nerfed the chop shop itself as there was less cars in the streets to steal. Decreasing the prices of chop shop just made no sense and it completely killed the content related to it. There is never anyone at the chop shops and there is actually cars just laying around because no one wants to chop them.

I think the chop should be returned to how it was as it would again bring back something to do with the lack of criminal content especially with the official factions not being decided yet which also removed a piece of content in weapon shipments. There is only drug labs to do for money for criminals because robbing stores is also pretty dead content and barely anyone does it

• Like 13
  • Upvote 4

i agree with both people above. chopping cars is usually a team effort especially with bigger gangs in the city they always come to take your stuff so you have to have back up. Having the old prices or maybe even a little increased would make chop shops group content and allow for people to do more stuff together

• Upvote 1

+1, this former activity I feel has been nerfed into the ground. Majority of cars are not worth the effort any longer, and we're already lacking criminal activities. Would be nice to have  a monetary revamp so chop shop could go back into play for many until a better system has been figured out.

• Upvote 1

I believe the main thing I read a while back was that vehicles shouldn't be able to be chopped for more than their insurance worth.  So we would need to make, for example, a warrener cost 4.5k to pull out of Mors for 3x to be a thing.

I think this is probably to combat things like a person chopping their expensive car with a friend, riding back to mors with them, rinse and repeat.  I'm not sure though.  I do agree there's not enough for crims to do right now though.  I mean I can see that as PD because the amount of stupid things we see is mainly from boredom, which I get.

Edited by Taedolf

4 minutes ago, Taedolf said:

I believe the main thing I read a while back was that vehicles shouldn't be able to be chopped for more than their insurance worth.  So we would need to make, for example, a warrener cost 4.5k to pull out of Mors for 3x to be a thing.

I think this is probably to combat things like a person chopping their expensive car with a friend, riding back to mors with them, rinse and repeat.  I'm not sure though.  I do agree there's not enough for crims to do right now though.  I mean I can see that as PD because the amount of stupid things we see is mainly from boredom, which I get.

A chopped car is destroyed for several hours; there has been an explicit system to combat the 'rinse, repeat' tactic for a long time.

Edited by JayGamble

1 minute ago, JayGamble said:

A chopped car is destroyed for several hours; there has been explicit system to combat the 'rinse, repeat' tactic for a long time.

Whoops, thanks for the correction.  I may just be tripping and remembering something wrong, then.

In that case, I don't really see a reason not to +1 this.  Gives criminals more to fight over and restores a viable way of making money.

Edited by Taedolf

This is a massive +1 for me. The chops shop  used to be a place where you would come with stolen vehicles to make more profit easily. I personally remember how I used to come there every time I found an unlocked vehicle on the side of the road, and how everytime I saw a guy behind me asking on the radio if someone owns this car. 

Right now, I can't even remember what was the last time I chopped a car or even came to the chop shop on purpose. Because of how low the chop shop prices are for most vehicles it's better to work in non-gov jobs in order to make more profit. Personally I think that the chop shop should be rewarding and should give people around 5-7% of the vehicle's value. Chopping cars should be a high-risk high-reward feature. Not one that makes u waste time for minimal profit.

At the current state of the server, most people would rather drive around with stolen vehicles then to chop them. I think this needs to be changed asap.

Edited by HaminLord
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.