Sara Wilford

Fix/Change Vehicle Cleaning Prices (visual-repair)

Current Situation:

It seems the current system works like this:
The vehicle's import price will determine the cost for the visual-repair.

Example: Jugular = 15k for a visualrepair

Neon = 8k for a visualrepair

Aka, the more expensive the vehicle, the more expensive the visual repair.

Why should this be changed?

1) Realistically, this makes no sense. We can have a Mule, cheap vehicle, huge in size. To clean this vehicle, it would take a long time, and lots of materials (water, soap, etc.) would be used. However, it would be very 'cheap' to clean this vehicle (probably like 2k). Now take the Jugular, small in size, will take a shorter time, a lot less materials will be used, however it will cost you 15k.

This makes no sense.

2) The way the feature works now, almost no-one is using it. I myself am a mechanic, and I have done around 20 hours this week of Mechanic-RP. In all these hours, I have had a handful of people interested in the 'carwash' (visualrepair), however when sending the price, they quickly decline and laugh/complain about the feature's pricing.

I have not seen a single person use the feature, and that says something, and it's a shame because 1) time and effort was put into developing the feature, and 2) if people would use it, it would make for more interesting & fun Mechanic RP and Player RP.

Kindly,

Sara Valentine

PS; If you read this and agree, show some love in the comments, the Community can only make a difference if we work together ^^

• Like 17
  • YAY 1
  • Upvote 3

+1 It does not make sense for a vehicle cleaning to be more expensive than repairing an entire vehicle. People do not want to drive dirty cars, I certainly don't.

There should be an option for people to clear vehicles at a cheap pricepoint without having to wait for a long time which strongly ties into this wonderful suggestion 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Huge +1

Also a mechanic, I agree completely and receiving the same responses as well. Customers come in and as soon as they find out the price it is an instant "No way, I will pass on that" followed by a facepalm, laugh, disbelief conversation.

Then you also have customers that come and want to do mods, paint, new wheels, rims etc. And some passing on those services as well because they can't properly visualize the vehicles appearance with the dirt not on the vehicle. The response I personally have received from every customer has been that is makes no sense at all that the car wash "visual repair" costs more than an engine repair.

I personally think it would perhaps be better to have either a flat rate price for car washes and/or 2 options for rates one price for normal sized vehicles(Cars/SUVs) and another price for larger vehicles such as Mules or Phantoms.

• Like 2

As LSC Faction co-leader, I brought this up with other members of staff and it really seems there was a gap in logic when it came to the pricing of this service.
An engine repair costs 500 in parts and then whatever labour is charged on top of that. Washing/visual repairs cost 500 but go all the way up to 16,000 for Jugulars, for example.
The base price for washing/visual repair should just be 500 or at most anywhere between 500 and 1000 depending on the size/mass of the vehicle or something along those lines.
Right now it seems to be based on the import value of the vehicle, which doesn't really make any sense.

The only use for the /mechoffer 2 "visual repair" is cleaning the vehicle, as visual repairs are also completed with the regular /mechoffer 1, which has a base value of 500.
Cleaning a vehicle should not cost 16,000 dollars, it's really as simple as that. Make the comparison to an engine repair that's not totalled, which costs 1000 dollars at most at the shop and the price of 16k for cleaning your Jugular just seems absolutely outrageous.

I imagine the formula can't be too difficult either serverside.
In fact, just make it a flat fee of 500 and let the factions themselves decide on labour, taking into account the size of the vehicle and the materials used in it, like carbon fibre or vinyl wraps.

The pricing definitely needs to be looked at, because right now, nobody is going to use /mechoffer 2 on expensive vehicles, it's such a waste.

• Like 4

As a mechanic in eclipse i 100% agree on this, I don’t understand why it’s cheaper to fix your vehicle than “clean it”. Especially when that “clean” only lasts less than a day, it’s honestly ridiculous. 
You gave us this option to promote more RP but then are stopping the RP by charging insane prices, so at the end of the day it’s a wasted add on for the people who put time into creating it. 

• Like 1

Fat +3 

I'm glad a suggestion for this has already been made, as I was about to create a suggestion based on this myself. My opinions come from all sides, as a crim and a mechanic.

Firstly I totally agree with the fact that you need a car wash every so often, whatever adds realism to the game is a +1 all together. I think vehicle's, or player personal owner cars Is a HUGE aspect on ecrp, I can barley name a few things you can actually do on the server that does not revolve around driving or using cars. I certainly very much enjoy the aspect of personal vehicles and I'm sure 90% of the serve does, people like to cruising around playing music, they love to customize their own car to their own taste making them look great, go to car shows, races what have you. I know for me, I like the look of my cars, I enjoy the clean look they give for pics or what not. And I feel and probably many more can agree, that although the aspect of needing a car wash every now and then Is absolutely a +1, the fact that you need to pay the amount that It requires Is kind of a joke. As well as how fast It becomes dirty again after literally just being cleaned. I know for me, when I do clean my high end cars, I literally NEVER drive them or pull them out again because I don't want them to get dirty and blow even more money on the most pointless thing.  Low end vehicles and most bikes yes sure, Its no problem, cheap as anything. But I do not know anybody who would pay to clean a BF400, or a warrener unless Its your only vehicle. People would pay to clean their nicer, showy vehicles, the ones that cost nearly 10k+ for someone to scrub water and soap onto it. It doesn't really make any sense.  

Pricing system - As a mechanic, and realistically, the whole pricing system Is just wrong. If you wanted to play by the book of realism, would It not make more sense for someone who needs an engine repair, that probably requires brand new car/engine parts, or any exterior vehicle repairs such as brand new wheels, to pay more money for a repair, rather than for someone to get a bucket of hot water, and soap, and scrub a car. If you are trying to get at realism here, the engine repair would depend on the cost/higher value of your vehicle ...

Engine parts for a warrener would be far less expensive than engine parts for a super car, yet to get both repaired It would cost the EXACT SAME, However If you wanted your Super car washed, compared to a warrener getting washed, EVEN THOUGH YOUR RECIEVEING THE EXACT SAME WASH, WITH WATER AND SOAP, there's a huge price difference. There's 0 logic In this. You should only have to pay 1k or less for a quick wash for every vehicle.

I'm NOT now saying repairs should be as expensive as visuals, and visuals should be put down to 1k like engine repairs. I'm saying this as an example of If you were trying to get at being realistic, that's how It actually would go, but this Is a game, a very time consuming game, where I'm sure new players and such would appreciate not having to grind free lance for hours, to literally blow It all on a car wash.

Realism of your car getting dirty - I kind of don't like the fact that after paying for a car wash that is ridiculously over priced, you get a spanking clean, shiny car again, and then colors fade and starts to become dirty again after hardly 10 mins of driving around. It makes total sense for this to happen ...  If you was driving around In sandy, or off roading, or driving In any sort of muddy/dirty areas. But It doesn't feel right that your car literally goes from pristine, shiny black, to the bottom half of your car being almost grey after only driving in the city / or on concrete roads, yes after prolonged driving your car may start to get abit of dirt on the wheels and skirts. But how or why would your vehicle show signs of dirt, muck, as If you've been doing barrel rolls down a cliff, then landed Into a pigs pen, when all you've done is drive on clean, concrete city roads????

After receiving a car wash IRL, It takes absolutely days, If not a week (If you take care of your car) for It to get dirty again. So I don't see how that translates to 30mins of driving, on concrete city roads your car goes from looking A to Z. Just doesn't make sense what so ever. 

• Like 4

bump

please remove the cleaning system until a suitable replacement is added.

Paying more than an engine repair so that my car will get dirty after 20 mins driving on normal roads is not good. 

A new system should perhaps make use of the cleaning booths (opposite Mega Mall) or the automatic cleaning that Weazel Gas Station has or the car wash next to strawberry clothing.

But more importantly, make the effect last a long time and if this isn't possible due to the game limitations then just keep it removed.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Increase the time until your vehicle is considered dirty, and/or, lower the cost to a base cost. I understand it is a "Visual Repair" however even if you are taking out a dent or replacing a few windows, that shouldn't cost that much more than an engine repair. Probably would be best to make it a base cost of like $500 all around.

• Like 3
  • YAY 1

+1, the price is very high and imo shouldn't change depending on the car price.

Repair - fixed price / car wash - varies on the vehicle price... 

It just doesn't make sense, and why would a car wash cost 10k+ ? Spending a fortune on water and soap, and paying only 1k on full engine repair? 

We need fixed low price on car wash.

Edited by Jimmy Trenk
  • Like 1