GR_Seb

GET KNOCKED OUT INSTEAD OF DYING!

Suggestion

Hello my friends from Eclipse Roleplay, today I would like to suggest something given the health system that we have.
If you like it throw up a +1.

GET KNOCKED OUT!

Dead Player Damage System - Discussion - Cfx.re Community

Fist fighting and random BMX deaths is a pain in the ass for everyone. BOXING Roleplay does not even exist as people have to go to the hospital over fist-fights.
What I suggest is a simple script divider from lethal and non lethal injuries. For non lethal injuries you get knocked out, you have an effect at your screen and you can wake up in like 60 seconds, facing the "near-death" penalty so you will need painkillers and checked by a doctor.

-Punched until your health goes 0? Knock out.
-Crashing your BMX in a wall?  Knock out.
Knife/Golfclub/Baseball-bat/Crowbar/Baton Injury? Knock out.
Tased 10 times and still running? Knock out.
More damage against you during knock out phase? Then you may get promped to the death system.

Edited by Papadakis
  • Like 19
  • YAY 1
  • Upvote 2

I like this suggestion apart from having a knife be a knock-out. That should still be lethal. Otherwise, great suggestion, you should be able to have that fun RP of boxing, or have a less-than-lethal method of getting someone down for a bit. It could also be helpful in regards to kidnapping or taking hostage/dealing with people who are resisting arrest.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZanderDoggo said:

I like this suggestion apart from having a knife be a knock-out. That should still be lethal. Otherwise, great suggestion, you should be able to have that fun RP of boxing, or have a less-than-lethal method of getting someone down for a bit. It could also be helpful in regards to kidnapping or taking hostage/dealing with people who are resisting arrest.

Just to clarify on this, if you want to murder someone by stabbing him or beating him with your baseball bat you can continue stabbing / hitting even if he is in the knock-out state so you can kill him.

Although not everyone wants to become a murderer, you can rob him, stab him until he falls down and run for it.

Edited by Papadakis
  • Like 1

Just now, Papadakis said:

Although not everyone wants to become a murderer, you can rob him, stab him until he falls down and run for it.

I suppose so, it just seems more that a knife wound would be lethal in most circumstances. If you get stabbed enough to be downed, you'd still be bleeding out quite a bit. If it was one or two stabs, yeah, I could see being knocked out. Although I could see that easily being abused to KO people in one-hit and not lead to the best of RP with the knifes at least. I dunno, that's just my opinion with the knives. I like everything else about this suggestion though.

• Like 1

+1 from me. On one of my old characters, I was kind of an idiot. I was reckless with the Sanchez I bought and frequently went to the hospital because of it. But many of those times were due to GTA having GTA physics or shitty GTA Logic and having me fall off of my bike and get downed for something that wouldn’t put me in a near death state (Lots of scrapes and bruises would hurt like hell and would cause some damage yes, but you aren’t going to bleed out and die over some bruises and scrapes after falling off your bike). While I did get some pretty interesting interactions with MD personnel, half of those interactions shouldn’t have happened. If I were to get knocked out instead, I wouldn’t need to be transport to the hospital 3 miles away with enough money to get me 0.4 miles closer via taxi to get my bike back. I could wake back up, head over to the hospital and heal up, and be on my way.