TheCactus

Thermite for safes & hunting traps

Hello. Currently there's no IC way to open safes without the owner present unless you go through the 10000 combinations that one may have, so I was thinking about something that can change that.

Crafting Workstations

I agree, the name reminds me of minecraft too, but it can be changed. Its purpose would be creating three items (or more). An illegal item and two legal ones.
Examples (it could look more like a massive industrial looking thing): awfNinf.jpg?1

duxYokM.jpg

Thermite: created at the workstation with iron and bauxite. The workstation will allow you to make iron dioxide and alluminium powder to mix together for thermite.
(in real life it's a compound made by 75% red iron dioxide and 25% alluminium powder, which originates from bauxite)

• The quantities should not be too excessive but it would take hours to make 1x iron dioxide & 1x alluminium powder. Less than that to make thermite.
  • Used to open safes. A long timer would come out and it would have a very small percentage of failing, blowing up the cotents of the safe and setting the player on fire without necessarily injuring him, just like the camp fire (maybe add a mini game after the timer to determine it?)
  • Using thermite requires working gloves, which are already available in stores.

This would also add script support to the following charge, used very rarely:
oepI2PO.png

Wooden traps: created at the workstation with branches and 1x food from any store. They are meant to be cheap to manufacture and should place many of them.

• After placing them in the hunting grounds, there's a chance that you may find a dead animal on them 10 to 30 minutes after placing them.
  • They allow you to capture only small animals such as rats, hens and rabbits.
  • There's a chance that they may break.

Advanced traps: created at the workstation with 1x log, 1x tin, 1x lead and 1x food from any store. As the name says, they're more advanced, weigh more and it takes more time to make them.

• After placing them in the hunting grounds, there's a chance that you may find a dead animal on them 30 to 45 minutes after placing them.
  • They allow you to capture any kind of animal.
  • They do not break.

The industry that manufactures these workbenches can be located around this area and they should be quite expensive.
lMcv8PF.jpg
I was also going to suggest to be allowed to place these workbenches anywhere, however, due to the amount of electricity the tools use, timers would be normal inside warehouses and business properties while they're three or four times longer inside houses and apartments. These workbenches should weigh a lot since there would be many heavy machinery/tools included (30-50 vol). Also when removing them, the timer should be quite lenghty so if someone tries to steal them, it can't be done in a few seconds.

How would this change the server?

• Anyone can open safes, not only PD & SD. At the same time, law enforcement agencies have more chances to fail and they don't have to rely on Senior Admins+
  • More usage for ores and more importance to mining ores
  • Add more ways to hunt (people can steal someone else's traps and/or prey too)
  • Many workstations together can turn a place into a factory that sells these items

Please tell me if there's anything I missed or better ideas that you may want to add.

Edited by TheCactus
Vol and timer addition
  • Like 13

you can unlock safes with laptop very simple like real life with hacking the lock but if you fail you will not lose the laptop  and we need some change with bolt cutters because is so  stupid paying 4 k for trying to steal a bike is worth 3 k and is high chance you fail unlocking the gate and lose you boltcutter

Edited by Qiang

A massive +1 if its available to crims as well.  Currently drills are only used to drill into a bank vault, and if it can drill into a bank vault, it can drill into a civilian safe.  I think having thermite as a faster but more expensive solution would be awesome, but its frustrating to open RV's or be involved in some sort of large RP (drug lab explosion, house raid) and be stalled by the safes.  I'd love an IC solution that isn't just stand and punch in 10000 combinations.

Recently, Naomi raided an RV, spent the time bolt cutting a door only to be met by these safes.

MQKaVC2.png

Stubbornly, I put in about 500 combinations before giving up, and feeling frustrated that there's no IC way to continue what should have been a tense RP of attempting to steal vs someone noticing the lockpick & boltcutting notifications.

• Like 2