Kazjii

Eclipse Mega Update Thread

LEO changes

• Tasers - unless tasers are made to work realistic in the sense that you can continuously tase people if the prongs are attached, having to swap out after a couple of shots will lead to a lot of frustration when people choose to just continue running.
  • Drops - people have said that there is a small chance, though i haven't seen it myself. I do like the current system though, as it gives LEOs a way to seek out drops while also giving crims a better chance to know if the drop was comped.
  • MDC - Would be cool to have it all in the game, though we do have a pretty good tool for all reports, courtesy of @isBrainDed that i think is easier to use overall, especially since you need images for a lot of the reports.

Crim changes

• Drugs - Addiction itself should decrease wellness by a point every X minutes, to a baseline of Y. This is if the effects are added, as its not hard to counter a clear buff from heroin with a bit of water, so adding an additional thing that people have to manage, will make a bigger difference. Additionally, Heroins health boost should heal people past the 70 mark like you took some painkillers
    • Steroids - positive: increase melee damage/carry weight. negative: if suffering from steroid withdrawal,  you have decreased melee damage/carry weight
  • Gun heists - They do not sell anything outside of handguns, so stealing heavies does not make any sense.
  • Faction size - is honestly a topic in itself as theres a lot of issues with it. For one, unlimited faction size just encourages factions with little to no standards to just mass recruit and deny smaller factions a chance to get big. I think a cap has to exist.
  • shipments - In the current system, i disagree with the ability to pick where it drops as it will lead to gangs picking the safest locations, either due to them being 0 traffic areas or close to their HQ or will encourage people just establishing themselves on top of drop locations to always have an instant pickup.

Freelance changes

• Towing - Change it so the owner, key holder or LEO sends a tow request and the person doing the towing accepts it.

Server changes

• Revive kits - Considering not even MD can revive people on the spot, it should be changed to a BLS item. /CPR requires a license, but the item would allow people without a license to extend the life of people. Price would also be lower.
  • Thrift stores - I don't think it should accept clothes, as it will just encourage people to take the shirt off your back.
  • Like 2
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 4

[Addition]

I've always thought that jump starting a car could be treated similarly to how BLS is treated. It would be a class you need to sign up for with either LSC or Bayview. Pay a small fee and take a class on car maintenance and once done you receive some sort of certification that could be revoked if it was abused. I do agree that you should have to buy jumper cables or a tool kit and keep it in your vehicle, but I think adding a class along with it would be fun RP for not only mechanics, but those taking the class. 

Everything else listed is a massive +1 from me and hope to see some of these changes in the future!

Edited by Kopi_Crozen
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Kazjii said:

[Addition] Adding a feature in the MDC to create arrest reports so that the player creating the report can just upload entirely from in-game so that their focus does not shift and miss out on possible RP events. Example : MDC has a format where the player puts in information, the player clicks submit, the copy/paste BB code is there, the player goes to the in-game government app and copy/pastes easily, done. I believe this will be more immersive where we can move more towards an all in-game experience instead of having 12 tabs open. (Or just have the government website accessible as a webpage from the MDC)

No paperwork should be tied to script as that means that the format cant be changed without development support.

[Nerf] Scriptly adding the function of needing a trunk open to grab the road spikes. As of now, you can /fl and grab a 6 foot long spike strip. As nonrp as it is, it would be more immersive and realistic for this to be scripted into where you need to have an open trunk near you to grab the spikes. The same should apply for doing any /fl thing such as changing clothes or getting weapons

There is no need for script and just needs to be enforced by faction/staff. Cruisers have gunracks in the vehicle, so having to take a gun from the trunk doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

[Addition] Seatbelt script. Adding a command that lessens the chance of being thrown out of a car after a hard crash. For example, “/seatbelt” would be used once entering the car and would be good until leaving the car. If the player gets into a crash, they will have a lower chance of not being flung out of the windshield if wearing a seatbelt and for those players who don't have a seatbelt, their chances will be much higher of being flung after a high impact crash.

I believe this should also affect the character trying to get out of the car with the seatbelt on

• Upvote 2

Huge +1 as someone who has been around for a year solely playing as a crim, I feel that nearly all these addition could be implemented but also another idea.

[Addition]

Adding a duoanim to take someone hostage where their gun is right to the hostages temple and you are very close to the hostage meaning that some officers who arrive later and cant catch the /me or /do's will see that the hostage is in direct threat meaning any shots that would be taken would be severe to both parties, the command would work like frisking someone doing the rp of it and then performing the action with the command.

369e22181bc6ce1d41d62a3f750bd3df09d7f693.jpg.32ee24947d7fa9363470caf8469cad47.jpg<------ What I believe it could look like

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Kazjii said:

there have been issues where members of LEO factions use their taser nearly a dozen times while trying to neutralize their inmate.

thats because a person trying to escape simply keeps running and ignoring RP after being tazed. Increase the stun timer to 60 seconds from 10 and I think this is fine. 10sec isnt enough time to type out an in-depth /me

Edited by Victor Einhart
  • Upvote 1

Still need way more work in terms of PD/SD nerfs. I am not sure how something like this could be implemented, but a sort of department "funding". Each police officer that is on duty might take up 1% of that funding, then each officer with armour takes another 1%, each high performance vehicle takes another %, etc. It is unrealistic to have 10+ PD vehicles at a standard traffic stop regardless of the situation. In real life this would be seen as a complete waste of police funding and you just would not see it. There needs to be some consequence or action to PD getting almost any "toy" they want. Obviously this would need to be balanced and worked around to sort out the exact numbers and what amount of funding would be adequate etc. Same with the weapons as well, why is an officer carrying a shotgun for a 1st degree speeding ticket??

Edited by Destuin
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kazjii said:

[Addition / Rework] Group texts. Adding the ability to have group text chats of up to 10 people. This will help gangs and normal friends plan more RP opportunities and allow for general usage for the phone. As of now, the phone is no comparison to the radio, adding group texting options will allow for a greater desire to use the phone and be on it more.

[Rework]

Group texts would be a great addition both in terms of criminal activities and leisure, however, I think we need to take into consideration that these groups would be eventually used to share radio frequencies and such. I’ve eventually found myself checking people’s phones as PD to retrieve information. 
I personally believe there should be a method to scriptly check the other’s personal phone, heavily RPed and with a command such as /checkphone that needs approval from the counterpart (like /frisk.) in order to avoid situations that needs a full transcription of the messages in aforementioned groups in /do or /ldo and ultimately ends up being vague.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Kazjii said:

[Buff] There should be a very small percent chance (ideally probably around 4-6 % depending on how many criminal faction members there are online) that PD/SD is informed about drop shipments.

This is already implemented. I’m not sure about the percentage, but PD/SD get this notification from time to time.

Huge +1. I love mostly all additions, but there are a few changes I would love to see.

I believe that cars stall way too often and it shouldn't be that common because chases often times get ruined due to a simple crash.

Server additions are great, but I highly believe the rules and the ruling-system should also be looked at. I don't think it's a secret that rules are a bit overpowered right now and way too harsh. In my eyes, they shouldn't be as strict and should be changed to something like temporary bans or even deducting money in-game. Nothing is worse than working a lot and gaining a lot of money to then see it taken. It will enforce the rules more and make people listen to them. Obviously that could be punishments for smaller rules, but for harsher rules, there could be a system of temporary bans instead of resulting to permanent bans.

Not sure if this was in here but limit of weapons that PD/SD can take from the cruiser realistically they should only be allowed to take one heavy weapon from the station and that’s it for that shift if they want a different one they should have to go back and get it from the station

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Kento said:

Not sure if this was in here but limit of weapons that PD/SD can take from the cruiser realistically they should only be allowed to take one heavy weapon from the station and that’s it for that shift if they want a different one they should have to go back and get it from the station

I'm limited in how much I can comment about this without knowing PD/SD OOC protocol, but for DOC I don't allow people to just magic anything from a vehicle with /fl. They need to RP putting specific weapons, clothes etc inside vehicles if they're to be used from the vehicle. There's a chance they already limit this in PD/SD so there's not a full Armory in the vehicle but I expect they're held to the OOC standards already of not being able to pull things out of thin air with /fl.

Specifically only taking 1 from the station however, that's an IC restriction if that was ever to be thought about. But  from the vehicles themselves, they're already expected to RPly have the weapon in there moved from the armoury. 

48 minutes ago, Kento said:

Already implemented IC and it's already a breach of server rules to go against the regulation and pull something out that didn't get put in IC.  

Edited by Victor Einhart