Kazjii

Eclipse Mega Update Thread

Also if i may add, the rules should get a bit loosened since for example if somebody chooses in bright daylight at the pier, it should be his/her own decision if they wanna take that amount of risk.

Also seen alot of reports about people using ramps and stuff, well we all know we have some interesting people that would do that in real life aswell.

Choices people make that impact a situation should be fluent and not a "save POV" thing.

[Tweak] Tasers should scriptly only shoot once or twice before “running out of ammo”. Many times, there have been issues where members of LEO factions use their taser nearly a dozen times while trying to neutralize their inmate. I believe that adding a feature where you would need to replace the taser in the /fl menu or adding a longer “recharge” time would allow criminals to have a larger chance to escape. Realistically, a taser is shot once and then needs time to recharge to shoot again. 

A hard no for me on this one because even you as a moderator should know a majority of the playerbase, be it veteran players with 1mil exp or newbies with 3k cannot be trusted to play nice as a majority of people manage to fight through five taserings in a row. 

9 hours ago, Actualbears said:

A hard no for me on this one because even you as a moderator should know a majority of the playerbase, be it veteran players with 1mil exp or newbies with 3k cannot be trusted to play nice as a majority of people manage to fight through five taserings in a row. 

this would imply that you rather have someone stop because of the rules than stop because of RP, a tazer in real life makes people run away in real life too, i never seen a taser with unlimited ammo 

On 8/20/2021 at 11:07 AM, SmushyTaco said:

19. [Rework] Rename the Car Speaker to the Vehicle Speaker. It makes more sense because it isn't only bound to work in cars. It works in all vehicles.
prison idea
20. [Rework] Hunger and thirst shouldn't go down in the prison as RPly you're fed there.
21. [Addition] There should be ways to make a shiv in prison (With a high chance of destroying the item instead) off of items buyable from the prison store
22. [Addition] There should be ways to make makeshift lockpicks in the prison (With a high chance of destroying the item instead) off of items buyable from the prison store.
23. [Rework] Lockpicking prison doors for a prison escape should be allowed if enough officers and DOC guards are on duty and should also have a 50% chance of setting off an alarm for each successful or failed lockpick. This could get rid of the Senior Moderator+ approval requirement for prison breaks and make them similar to a high risk high reward type of thing like a bank heist. This would also be good because it would mean DOC guards would really need to keep an eye on the cellblock and be careful when in cellblock, because generally it isn't super high risk to enter cellblock.

19 - They don't work in boats, bicycles, or motorcycles (or at least faggios, i havent checked others)
20 - You can buy food and drink with stamps so I disagree with this.
21 & 22 & 23 - This is a dangerous way to go down because it would have people attempting prison breaks without the perms. and/or increasing DM by having easy weapon access. Honestly making guards scared to enter the cellblock is not the right direction. That's why old prison was so boring, guards never entered because of this until the IC and OOC things we changed when new prison came about.

On 8/20/2021 at 12:48 PM, DrPathetic said:

I'm limited in how much I can comment about this without knowing PD/SD OOC protocol, but for DOC I don't allow people to just magic anything from a vehicle with /fl. They need to RP putting specific weapons, clothes etc inside vehicles if they're to be used from the vehicle. There's a chance they already limit this in PD/SD so there's not a full Armory in the vehicle but I expect they're held to the OOC standards already of not being able to pull things out of thin air with /fl.

Specifically only taking 1 from the station however, that's an IC restriction if that was ever to be thought about. But  from the vehicles themselves, they're already expected to RPly have the weapon in there moved from the armoury. 

There are already things that cover this directly in both PD/SD.

On 8/21/2021 at 7:58 AM, Roderick said:

While I get where you are coming from, realistically it makes no sense for a government employee to have to pay for their own equipment. While as a criminal you're more like an enterpreneur so to say (i.e. you decide what you do to gain the money for your living), your suggestion is that you're asking from someone who - from a roleplay perspective - puts his own life on the line for his government job to also pay for his own equipment. I do not think that makes any sense at all.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely agree there should be some changes made, but I don't think this one is one as well thought out of as some of the others in this thread.

Many real life officers carry equipment supplemental equipment that isn't paid for by the state in the US. However, there are places where officers mistakes are already penalized monetarily so I personally dont feel that any monetary fine should be paid for by officers themselves. What I think would be a positive change however, would be if the PD treasury was more accurately funded. This would allow for costs to the faction based upon equipment used by officers where fines paid and xyz monthly amount funds the treasury. This would allow for more immersive RP within the Police department where certain officers could be scriptly in charge of monitoring the treasury and allocation funds for operations and divisions. While I think this would be immersive and beneficial, I think other areas are in much more need of script support.

5 hours ago, Zion Willard said:

Many real life officers carry equipment supplemental equipment that isn't paid for by the state in the US

I don't mean to sound flippant here, but San Andreas would be policed by the military if it was a real place. You have multiple armed insurgencies actively fighting against the government and each other at any given time, with high-powered weaponry. There needs to be a de-escalation, because making law enforcement weaker is going to create an even more violent environment. I see people unironically behaving like the Taliban all the time and PD having scary guns doesn't cause that.

This issue isn't something that can be solved by rules, only a culture shift in the minds of people playing on the server. I'm 100% behind giving criminals more activities to take part in and diversify the things they're able to do, because it cuts down on the number of bullshit shootouts just because people are bored and have nothing better to do. If there's activities for people to plug into, the stupid PVP mentality stuff will start to disappear. You're thinking that it needs to be "balanced" like we're playing Call of Duty or League of Legends or something and I don't think that's the right way to approach this.

Edited by Victor Einhart
  • Like 2
  • YAY 1

8 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

I don't mean to sound flippant here, but San Andreas would be policed by the military if it was a real place. You have multiple armed insurgencies actively fighting against the government and each other at any given time, with high-powered weaponry. There needs to be a de-escalation, because making law enforcement weaker is going to create an even more violent environment. I see people unironically behaving like the Taliban all the time and PD having scary guns doesn't cause that.

This issue isn't something that can be solved by rules, only a culture shift in the minds of people playing on the server. I'm 100% behind giving criminals more activities to take part in and diversify the things they're able to do, because it cuts down on the number of bullshit shootouts just because people are bored and have nothing better to do. If there's activities for people to plug into, the stupid PVP mentality stuff will start to disappear. You're thinking that it needs to be "balanced" like we're playing Call of Duty or League of Legends or something and I don't think that's the right way to approach this.

I've always condsidered the RP environment in Los Santos to be closer to Central America. I get your point but I think equating crims methods to the Taliban is a bit of a stretch. I agree that a culture shit would be great for the server, but its a two-sided coin. Things are escalating so quickly because nominal crimes you would expect people to perform in a virtual world (i.e speeding, other traffic violations / non-serious misdemeanors) are getting the book thrown at them. This thread probably isnt the place for the discussion though - but I wasn't advocating a rules change simply a script change to the treasury of PD to be more realistic. I agree 100% that shootouts are too common and players lives' are essentially just a currency right now - but at the end of the day nobody will willingly engage in roleplay if they know they'll lose 95-100% of the time purely do to balancing issues (whether it be shootouts or not).

lets be honest, there needs to be a massive culture shift in the server.
i feel most of the time that people are more ruleplaying than actually roleplaying, because everyone and their dog are ready with the shadowplay button to report you for the stupidest things that could be roleplayed out.

there are even rules that make you limit what your character can and can not do like jumping off a bridge in the water when police are after you...

who knows how your characters head works? maybe if your character is terrified of going to jail, then YES he would definetly jump.

or the whole fear rule i mostly agree with but if my character (ex-maffia leader) would sit in a car and somebody points a gun, he would 1000% rather try to get out of there and would rather take the chances of being shot while driving off than surrendering imediatly. I just realy think that the fear rule is so broad that it limits actual characteristics of certain people.

we've seen plenty of people go in the last weeks because of the strict rules and it's quite sad to see because i love to play on this server but it just needs a good hard love tap. both Scriptly as OOCly and i think that most people would agree with this statement since i've heard people talk about this out of game.

anyway i hope that this thread has sparked some interesting thoughts with anyone higher up so we can make eclipse an amazing ROLEplay experience.

x Crowdie

There defo needs to be a huge shift in the way the rules are set out and defined for crims. 
there DEFO needs to be a decent crim update of some kind, from guns to script'ly implementations, new crim specific jobs + items, i believe the non rp / fear rp / dm rules need to be relooked into or staff need to take a lighter approach to certain situations - there also defo needs to be a expiry date on existing convictions (even if they are taken into "consideration" during future reports) 

Seems most gangs that are in the city for long periods of time end up getting faction status and eventually get banned for one reason or another and fold/collapse - i feel a lot more could of been done to teach people the right way to go about things rather than lose the majority of the player base at certain timezones for one or two instances of bad behaviour over months or years of interactions... even points on your license eventually get dropped after a certain period of time IRL. The same should be with forum report conclusions imo...

At the moment crims are super imposed upon and restricted in what they do. You'll see certain gangs fishing all day because its the best way to make easy afk money, small groups doing oil until its dried up (which doesnt take long at all when there's a bunch doing it or 2 on one spot), hunting is a pain in the ass most of the time but can be semi profitable or i can drive a slow ass bus in circles for hours. - however all of these are legal jobs and not very criminal like RP'ly....

Now i could go rob random people on the street but i cant do that as i would need a RP'ly reason too that would outweigh the risk/reward and i cant just rob 20 people in a day as i'd no doubt get reported or shot, even if done 100% correctly and RPed out correctly each one. I'd then have to go to the forums and attempt to prove my innocence. Same with picklocking cars - cant do that in public places, NCZ's ect. So, i can go maybe pick some weed - you get there and get robbed 9 x out of 10 and if you dont comply or breath too heavily you get shot in the face and killed. Maybe you get away on occasion you still need to get more plants to make a decent wage and worth your time investment so you go back - inevitably you're gonna get robbed or shot most of the time you're there - lose your vehicle , radio, gloves, maybe a bag, a knife or gun - you're talking 10-25k loss in assets per death for weed 100 each or assuming you manage to get enough to make some coke, lsd, meth, ecstasy ect then you might make some money back - you've then gotta account for lab startup cost's, ingredients, water, keeping your lab safe, no boom booms ect. The only other thing you can do as a crim is rob a store or rob a bank, both require a number of active faction / gang members or willing participants and after the first store there's gonna be patrols to every grocery store on the map as well as banks and you bet your ass someone is camping those CCTV camera's like ann frank in her attic...

If you're someone who likes to take their time progressing through a game and only have a few hours to play each day, it might not feel quite as bad, albeit a lot slower - but they'd eventually get to the same point. People like me who can play for 12+hrs a day the server becomes incredibly stale and repetitive quickly and there's not enough content imo for criminals to have a varied and less repetitive roleplay experiences across the board on a day to day playthrough. Grinding oil for 10 hrs so i can have a few minutes of fun with a heavy SMG / AK / shotgun and maybe some kevlar just doesnt seem like a logical thing to do with my time anymore..... something needs to change otherwise people will slowly peel away from the  server and either quit the game completely or join a different server, which sucks. Or they'll give up and fish on the pier for 12 hrs a day (also being shot at, stabbed, demeaned, dehumanised and treated like an asshole anyway and when you put your fish away after nearly an hour of fishing some douchenozzle jumps in your car when you're in the boot and drives off...)

#Rant over 

- I hope the staff seriously start looking into some of the great ideas that the community is putting forward and if anything creates a development roadmap to provide more inclusion for the playerbase and allow us to see its progression.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, crowdie said:

rules that make you limit what your character can and can not do like jumping off a bridge in the water when police are after you

To clarify... this rule specifically mentions that you need to have a destination in mind. Too often players just jump into the ocean and swim out to sea to drown and avoid jail. Or they'll swim for 30+ minutes, and then SPRINT away from the police as soon as they're on the shore again with zero consideration for how tired they would be. That's the issue, not the water itself.

11 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

To clarify... this rule specifically mentions that you need to have a destination in mind. Too often players just jump into the ocean and swim out to sea to drown and avoid jail. Or they'll swim for 30+ minutes, and then SPRINT away from the police as soon as they're on the shore again with zero consideration for how tired they would be. That's the issue, not the water itself.

well actually i saw a report stating "the height of the bridge was too high to jump off of therefor unrealistic and non-RP" 

my character doesn't care if it's high, if theres reasonable amount of water down there it has a chance of survival.

but my point is instead of reporting stuff like that roleplay it out just say as soon as you catch the person jumping "/me would look for injuries" instead of "SaVe pOv" 

Remember as pd we deal with this stuff all the time already. Now if this was not a rule we would be dealing with this even more than we do. 

It comes to a level of fairness that you have to rp. It just seems like you want to win every situation you are in. 

99% of rules are in places in the world bc of >1% of the population. 

2 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

Remember as pd we deal with this stuff all the time already. Now if this was not a rule we would be dealing with this even more than we do. 

It comes to a level of fairness that you have to rp. It just seems like you want to win every situation you are in. 

99% of rules are in places in the world bc of >1% of the population. 

if we are talking about a lvl of fairness then the PD should not call in the whole nations army an a pullover, as a crim i have no cleu what PD goes through but from my own experience PD forced wins numerous of times where their way of winning did not make RP sense at all, the way the rules work and how the economy is right now it's extremely bias towards PD, if we lose a gun we are fucked for a while we have to do another 1 a 2 hours of mining oil to afford that while cops get everything free and from my own experience are not scared to bring out the big guns either.

if the suspect has a pistol, what would a guy fully swatted up do there?

Edited by crowdie
  • Like 1

All the suggestions are cool, some of them are a little bit "too much" for the server but most of the ideas are definitely doable and I have nothing to add except for the "removing the cap from official criminal factions".
The cap was added and reduced years ago for one reason: playability. Go to a gang meeting with many members, let's see how your FPS drop. Go to a scene where many gangs and law enforcement are involved? Your game will crash.

You can have an "empire" and people can be affiliated with you without having them be in your F4 and have them roll with you 24/7. Maybe being in a gang is a thing they want do on the side. You don't have to tie everyone to a script to make them members or affiliates of your gang.

Last but not least, PD and SD dont have 300 members in total and the never did. Try to check out a bank robbery from 00 UTC to 12PM UTC. Criminals will outnumber one of the two factions easily. At that time the cops online go from 1 to 10ish for each faction. When a bank gets robbed or an important drop is picked up, a gang has more than 10 people online at the same time, and I am saying it out of experience. Imagine if two team up to rob a bank. Cops have an entire city/county to take care of and are already outnumbered from 00 to 12pm, just leave it that way so both banks and civilians can have their share of cops to RP with. 

There's however one thing I would add for the criminal side: make it so people can get robbed almost everywhere at night. Change rules so nights become dangerous just like in real life in most big cities. You walk around by yourself at night in a place that is not San Andreas Avenue, Legion Square or High End? You can get robbed.

Edited by TheCactus
  • Like 1

Love all the ideas so far honestly massive +1 from me. 

[Rework]

I believe alot of stuff that simply has a timer/action bar should all be replaced with a mini-game especially if there is profit involved. Examples:

lockpicking.

grabbing cash when robbing a store.

fishing. (lets be honest the AFK fishing is rather boring and requires no attention, people just tab out and watch youtube ect. while they make money, I'd rather it be a small mini game with requires more attention with a slightly higher reward than before)

ect, ect.

[Addition]

As someone who was the leader of a gang that had a focus and lore around being hackers, I'd love to see some scripted hacking being implemented. Yes, it may take away from some detailed RP that I personally love, but adding difficult mini-games that people could master would give people like my char more depth and usefulness to other groups and gangs. 

Let's say, instead of the normal way of doing banks, we have the option of doing a hack beforehand to prevent/delay the bank's alarm to police. Characters like mine would be in high demand for groups whose focus is on bank robberies.

This would bring back a use for the laptops that are currently useless to criminals and maybe introduce new NPC's who sell other equipment used for hacking.

[Tweak]

I think it's been mentioned before, but I believe people should be able to level up stats also and are rewarded for their level at certain skills with either bigger yields or being able to be faster at them, be it fishing, pick locking or hacking ect.

( pls let me be a hackerman :< )

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1