hrxvey

PD/SD Shooting out of helicopters.

Today I was involved in a high speed police chase where I had killed an officer and had multiple swat vehicles chasing me along with two helicopters, (one being the standard police maverick and one SWAT helicopter with two people hanging off of the sides). During this chase, the SWAT buzzard began opening fire on me and the driver of my car with fully automatic rifles on both a highway, public beach and what would be classed as a main road. I pm'd one of the officers and he had said that it had been practiced multiple times with head staff/admins present. I personally believe that this should be deemed non rp as shooting fully automatic rifles on a highway and beach (from a moving helicopter at high speeds) would be very dangerous and unrealistic as in real life not only would it be inaccurate due to the rifles not being mounted to the helicopter and due to the amount of lead required to be able to hit the target in question (would rp'ly put the civilians on the beach and highway in great danger).  I would also like to bring up that me and my friend were charged with felony public endangerment but were still getting shot at in these locations/areas. You can see the officers shooting at us from the helicopter(s) in this clip from my friend (the driver). (In the second clip, the two people on bikes were civilians and not our friends).

https://streamable.com/v7v859

https://streamable.com/mipxws 

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

If people can shoot a wild hog accurately from a helicopter with an AR-15, they can certainly hit your truck which is ten times the size especially when they are trained to do so.

even though the helicopter is going 150+? the ammount of lead that would take is insane

• Like 1

Shooting from a Heli from Law Enforcement, Coast Guard, Military and private sector is common. Shooting from Heli at high speed is apart of national and international sniper tournaments. 

Here is a video of shooting activist and Air Force Survival Instructor shooting from heli at wild hogs which is very small target to engage compared to a vehicle. Its more controllable and manageable than you would think. Food for thought...

Edited by MrChurchy25
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrChurchy25 said:

Shooting from a Heli from Law Enforcement, Coast Guard, Military and private sector is common. Shooting from Heli at high speed is apart of national and international sniper tournaments. 

Here is a video of shooting activist and Air Force Survival Instructor shooting from heli at wild hogs. Its more controllable and manageable than you would think. Food for thought...

i understand your point, but in this clip, the helicopter is flying very low and slow, in the POV seen in the links above, the helicopter is flying fairly high and erratically, they are also shooting fully automatic, rather than the tapping that can be seen in this clip. in the clip that you linked, the people in the helicopter are also at a very close range.

Edited by Dimitri Misha
adding a point

2 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

If you're really that concerned, I can tell my guys to burst fire. But the argument that this is unrealistic is not correct.

so you're saying that shooting fully automatic rifles on public roads when there rp'ly would be other cars there is reallistic? i just feel like it needs to be looked at more thoroughly as it seems as if there

Just now, MrChurchy25 said:

IF it was LSPD it would not have been full auto. There is only one fire arm permitted for use from heli and its single tap only. 

yea, was SD i think, they were going at it with no hesitation haha. fully auto for multiple mags, one after another. 

4 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

If you're really that concerned, I can tell my guys to burst fire. But the argument that this is unrealistic is not correct.

i just dont see how fully automatic fire from a moving helicopter on a public road is realistic at all, especially in the second clip where you can see that there are people not involved in the situation nearby.

1 hour ago, IAmTurtle said:

If you think it broke rules you can make reports on the forums.

Also ecrp =/= real life. Plus people  irl can shoot out a heli really accurately.  

Friendly Community, be respectful you representing ECRP with that Support badge, the guy doesn't say it is rule break he basically says he thinks it is unrealistic, you don't have to have attitude and tell him to report when we all trying to avoid reporting each other people like you makes the community be so toxic to each other, try to make him understand in a proficient way please next time.  

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • dead 1

Looking at the footage and comparing it to the ID of the bike next to you in the second clip, he was well fully aware of the situation at hand and continued to bike at your side. So trying to play off how he was just another civvie is a bit of a long reach.

Edited by Actualbears

Hello, I hope you having a good day. I'll reply to this as I have been in PD for along time and went through multiple similar situation. 

With all respect, I believe your post is contradictory. We don't open fire on every single pursuit we get on shift. Opening fire on a moving vehicle is something not all people can do. You mentioned

"one SWAT helicopter with two people hanging off of the sides)"

If you think about it, SWAT officers are trained for situations like this and other situations as well. You mentioned that you killed an officer so I don't think shooting you back from Airship is unrealistic. It is a little bit hard to shoot from a moving helicopter of course, but that doesn't mean they can't land bullets on you. I would like to mention that I am pretty sure you got shot by trained SWAT members as we don't let any pilot shoot even if you killed 100000 officers, you need to be certified/trained enough in order to shoot from the Airship for a specific reason of course. If we let all pilots allowed to shoot from the helicopter, there will be no role-play in the pursuits so for example (respond to a pursuit > arrive overhead and spray the vehicle > end the pursuit in 4 seconds ). We are here to RP brother so I don't think there was any rule break in the situation. Even if you feel opposite, feel free to speak with a high command or whoever was handling the situation or report it on the forums. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Can't speak on SDs protocols, but will just explain PDs to give some context for requirements to shoot from a heli.

Shooting from a helicopter is allowed when 2 conditions are met:

• The pilot is specifically certified, the certification is extremely difficult and most pilots fail due.
  • Only SWAT who are certified with marksman/sniper can shoot from a helicopter and they can only shoot with those weapons.

I think that this kind of situation would fall more on an IA side, due to a misuse of force or you can make a forum report about it.

• Like 1

Why are you mad about this, whoever it was speaking on the radio denied that cops could hit you from a helicopter anyway!

We could go the realism route on the server for a lot of things, but it doesn't necessarily make it especially interesting or fun. Imagine how enjoyable being a criminal would be if we had a three strike life imprisonment system, applying RICO to gangs or if you couldn't legally have a driving license after certain vehicle offences.

There needs to be a balance between realism and the game environment.

From a realism point of view, I'm not a gun or law enforcement expert but I would imagine that the plausibility of shooting from a helicopter would depend on the distance and speed of both the helicopter and vehicle. That being said, it's been done I assume within faction rules for PD and within the rules of the server.

15 hours ago, MrChurchy25 said:

Here is a video of shooting activist and Air Force Survival Instructor shooting from heli at wild hogs which is very small target to engage compared to a vehicle. Its more controllable and manageable than you would think. Food for thought...

First of all I was the driver in the video just so you're aware that im not just a random popping in to throw a comment.

Personally I think this example really is terrible I mean in the given video they're shooting at a hog going probably 10 miles an hour and in the video that we sent we're in a truck going 180-200 mph. In the video you have shown the helicopter is also fairly low to the ground aswell as he's shooting single fire rather than fully automatic. I really with all my heart think this is a terrible comparison aswell as it still simply doesn't make logical sense, and as mentioned we were on the highway up to multiple occasions where sadly I wasn't the driver for that so I have no clips but we were on the highway multiple times where we were getting lasered by the helicopter from a mile away.

• Like 2

Let's be honest, if you had won this situation, there would be a video ''Dumb cops loses us even with heli XD'', now you are just angry and trying to prove something, and yeah I am not random commenter if you are going to state this. 

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Frezas said:

Let's be honest, if you had won this situation, there would be a video ''Dumb cops loses us even with heli XD'', now you are just angry and trying to prove something, and yeah I am not random commenter if you are going to state this. 

Not really lad, there's 0 chance of winning any scenario with PD/SD. Wasn't really any need for this comment as it brings nothing to the discussion.

5 hours ago, Bala said:

Why are you mad about this, whoever it was speaking on the radio denied that cops could hit you from a helicopter anyway!

We could go the realism route on the server for a lot of things, but it doesn't necessarily make it especially interesting or fun. Imagine how enjoyable being a criminal would be if we had a three strike life imprisonment system, applying RICO to gangs or if you couldn't legally have a driving license after certain vehicle offences.

There needs to be a balance between realism and the game environment.

From a realism point of view, I'm not a gun or law enforcement expert but I would imagine that the plausibility of shooting from a helicopter would depend on the distance and speed of both the helicopter and vehicle. That being said, it's been done I assume within faction rules for PD and within the rules of the server.

this is my point, they were going at 180-210 in that helicopter and still shooting fully automatic which makes no sense

14 hours ago, Actualbears said:

Looking at the footage and comparing it to the ID of the bike next to you in the second clip, he was well fully aware of the situation at hand and continued to bike at your side. So trying to play off how he was just another civvie is a bit of a long reach.

I honestly have no idea who the guy is and he wasn't anything to do with the initial situation which is why i said that he was a civilian. 

Yo Dimitri, IA report them!

Jokes aside I think it would depend on the speed and the firearm used. A high caliber rifle would be just as accurate at any speed. Also from my experience, the Los Santos Police Department hasn't been firing automatic weapons such as carbines from helicopters for a while now.

From the videos you linked, I see nothing wrong really. I just hope they didn't do it for simple felony evasion together with a pistol charge. I would keep firing from a heli for extreme situations when the suspects are particularly violent towards law enforcement and endangering the public or high risk contraband is involved.

Hello,

As stated in other topics of discussion, we do not limit where shooting can happen, this goes for a largescale gang shootout or a situation with the LSPD, LSSD, etc. If you believe that the standards at which something is being portrayed by a legal faction is poor, you can file an OOC IA report for the respective faction(s), or speak to a member of LFM where they can work with the faction command internally to resolve any issues (inb4 "they aren't effective", they are).

Archived.