Aaron Martin

Felony Evading Jail Time Decreased

I will start off by saying if you class this as IC then just lock it and archive it please, thanks.

I will begin by explaining who my characters are and what I do on both characters. 
So my main character is a Police Officer 2 and from that perspective I see that we get very little amount of pursuits nowadays. If we do get a pursuit it is either a new player or a gang member because he knows he can ambush us because they all have heavy weapons on them. Now my second character is just for a bit of fun and cooking every so often. I get into chases and mayhem when PD has nothing to do to actually give the officers something entertaining to do. So when I had my first chase it lasted nearly 30 minutes and because of this I got nearly 5 hours in prison, simply because I ran away. I had no weapons on me and I did not assault anyone. They decided to smack me on the head with the book. Now after this I was actually persuaded not to evade or even commit crimes on that account and just cook instead, as it is really not worth it. From a cops perspective I now understand why no one evades as it is much easier to just accept whatever is about to happen there and then. As it is very rare for you to evade solo in the first place. Now I had my second chase today that lasted a maximum 10 minute (again these chases are on purpose and just for some fun) this chase I did obviously run an officer over but still without that charge I would still be going away for 2 hours! It is ridiculous and gives criminals no reason to evade at all. Simply strictly make it so all you get is felony evading and whatever you have on you (weapons etc) or just simply decrease the time. I am evading for fun which is giving everyone some RP to do and some fun to do on the server, but when we get smacked on the head with the book no one is going to want to evade. There's just no point in it.

Maybe even lower some other sentences like unlicensed firearm lowered to 30 minutes and some others just lowered a tad bit, like 10-20 minutes off each big sentence.

This is not a rant it is simply a request. This will give PD/SD more chases as criminals may actually evade, and it will mean more RP and fun for everyone. At the end of the day this is a game and I shouldn't be going to jail for 2-6 hours just because I decided to evade. Some people may only get a couple hours every day as they have real life shit to do, so it could take someone days to finish there sentence with also might tempt them to leave the server.

That's everything, thank you for reading this if you did and have a good day!

Edited by Aaron Martin
  • Like 4

I will start off by saying if you class this as IC then just lock it and archive it please, thanks.

I will begin by explaining who my characters are and what I do on both characters. 
So my main character is a Police Officer 2 and from that perspective I see that we get very little amount of pursuits nowadays. If we do get a pursuit it is either a new player or a gang member because he knows he can ambush us because they all have heavy weapons on them. Now my second character is just for a bit of fun and cooking every so often. I get into chases and mayhem when PD has nothing to do to actually give the officers something entertaining to do. So when I had my first chase it lasted nearly 30 minutes and because of this I got nearly 5 hours in prison, simply because I ran away. I had no weapons on me and I did not assault anyone. They decided to smack me on the head with the book. Now after this I was actually persuaded not to evade or even commit crimes on that account and just cook instead, as it is really not worth it. From a cops perspective I now understand why no one evades as it is much easier to just accept whatever is about to happen there and then. As it is very rare for you to evade solo in the first place. Now I had my second chase today that lasted a maximum 10 minute (again these chases are on purpose and just for some fun) this chase I did obviously run an officer over but still without that charge I would still be going away for 2 hours! It is ridiculous and gives criminals no reason to evade at all. Simply strictly make it so all you get is felony evading and whatever you have on you (weapons etc) or just simply decrease the time. I am evading for fun which is giving everyone some RP to do and some fun to do on the server, but when we get smacked on the head with the book no one is going to want to evade. There's just no point in it.

Maybe even lower some other sentences like unlicensed firearm lowered to 30 minutes and some others just lowered a tad bit, like 10-20 minutes off each big sentence.

This is not a rant it is simply a request. This will give PD/SD more chases as criminals may actually evade, and it will mean more RP and fun for everyone. At the end of the day this is a game and I shouldn't be going to jail for 2-6 hours just because I decided to evade. Some people may only get a couple hours every day as they have real life shit to do, so it could take someone days to finish there sentence with also might tempt them to leave the server.

That's everything, thank you for reading this if you did and have a good day!

+1. I agree to the fact that from a crime rp point of view there is a lot of risk and absolutely nothing to take away from that. I mean even if the player do evade for a reason, whatever it may be, in the end you have a person sitting in jail doing absolutely nothing for 5 hours of real life. It's a game! And yeah the last point where you say there are people with day jobs that barely get some time to chill. The system does not allow them to have any 'fun' because of this heavy jailtime. But guessing from the -1 reply, there is a serious lack of empathy going on in the server.

+1, i'm a PO2 as well in game. In general i feel like all jail/prison times should be reduced (or make prison RP fun) because as it is now, a person will flee, get caught, and then not be able to play the rest of the night (60 mins for felony evasion + extra charges once caught, such as felony public endangerment, any weapons they may have, etc. etc.). It's pretty brutal if you want to be a criminal. I understand that they're not forced to do that RP and they must accept some consequence for RPing a criminal, but should the consequence really be AFKing for 4 hours in a prison? 100% agree to nerfing felony evasion sentence to like 45 minutes or something. 

+1

I don't have a true Crim or legal char as of right now, Just a civilian that manages LSC but looking at the current state of affairs, it feels like eclipse has kind of lost the idea of RPing for the fun of RPing and instead morphed into a Win/Lose game. Crims seem to largely just want to cook and make as much money as possible with little real gang interaction going on anymore and PD lately seems to be throwing the book at people every time charging them with as much as possible; Making RPing anything that could require interaction with them less and less fun. 

I truly hope things change as I've loved playing on eclipse for all this time. 

+1

Or perhaps have jail sentences not be additive, but some other formula that makes it very unlikely to get 4+ hours in jail. (perhaps x1 for longest duration + x.5 times next longest + .25 etc etc, so 3hours from 1hr/1hr/1hr charges suddenly turns into 1hr45mins instead)

Simple solution, cap prison time at 3 hours, UNLESS murder/attempted murder is one of the the charges, in which case the cap is removed and you serve everything.

It would discourage shooting at PD, which is something PD/staff push for, maybe even increase the time on murder charges.

It anyone sees any flaws to my idea, let me know.

A bit unrelated, but in regards to the way PD seem to have been operating recently. I'm on LOA now, but when I was playing, I never stopped for traffic stops recently, because they always insisted on searching the bike, giving reckless for a dumb reason, so better to just risk it and evade. If I stop, mask off, give my ID, etc, then they attempt the arrest and I have to evade, I get charges. If I just book it when they flip the lights on, I have a shot to get away without charges. Use to be, you'd get a pistol charge, evading, maybe they'd hit you with reckless., Now it seems, they give you the pistol charge, stolen property if it's not licensed to you, evading, reckless, failure to maintain lane, armed while masked, public endangerment, not using a turn signal, and 3 more charges. Yes, those may all be valid charges, but at the end of the day, it's a game, and sitting 4 hours in prison for a pistol and a chase isn't fun, and isn't something I'm interested in doing on the server.

Before anyone hits me with the "don't do the crime" speech, imagine a week of zero criminal activity. None. No chases. No shootouts. No robberies. No bank hits. No weapon drops. No calls for PD or SD of any kind. No speeding, no running red lights, No illegal turns.

Sound fun to you?

Exactly. The bottom part "Before anyone hits me with the "don't do the crime" speech" is a problem on eclipse. For some reason if feels like PD thinks people that RP criminals are actually criminals and so they slap them with everything like you said. At the end of the day, we should all be here to RP and have interesting and fun RP situations continuously, and locking someone up in DOC for 5+ hours just doesn't play into that in my opinion. Its borderline against our Non-RP rule "Actions that... promote poor quality roleplay are considered as non-roleplay." because what part of sitting at DOC for 5+ hours promotes high quality roleplay?

The only thing I'd say to your post is I think even murder/attempted murder should have some sort of cap somewhere in the 5-6 hour mark sounds fair to me. We have rules against cop baiting and deathmatching to ensure random killings aren't a thing, and PD already doesn't lose any of their scripted weapons on death, I don't see the purpose in having people do nothing in prison for any period of time longer than that. PD will always claim that long prison sentences are only an IC punishment, but at some point it becomes an OOC punishment as well when you're forced to not roleplay essentially at all for 9 hours. 

Simple solution, cap prison time at 3 hours, UNLESS murder/attempted murder is one of the the charges, in which case the cap is removed and you serve everything.

It would discourage shooting at PD, which is something PD/staff push for, maybe even increase the time on murder charges.

as a cop I'd be in support of this, 3 hours is still a long time for a punishment. The increased time for a murder charge is a good idea. I've come to recognise over the last few months that PD needs crim RP in order to be interesting

• Upvote 1

I am going to add one more thing, I of course play more PD then anything, and I compare a lot of things to the time I got 4/5 hours for felony evading for 30 minutes. I am seeing people who have aks and have shot at an officer only get 2/3 hours yet I got 5 hours (without VIP) simply because I evaded for a long time and they couldn't catch me? They just stacked charges because they couldn't win and I was always one step ahead. If they get to clap and have fun then you got, illegal weapons, and attempted murder which is only 2 hours! So the biggest issue is felony evading charges, you are 90% certain to get felony evading and felony public endangerment which is already 2 hours, then maybe a reckless, battering, another hour, then anything you may have on you which is another hour! Some of the charges aren't to harsh, but when you felony evade they can stack so many charges on you and they are actually allowed to do that.

Its not even that cops have nothing to lose, what we make in a week you can make in a day, that's the only reason I play crim. It is just the fact criminals get stacked with charges when it is possible, making more people be put off being a criminal and more people joining PD. The more PD grows the less crime there is to solve.

Im not even triggered about 3 hours jail. That's time to edit/delete clips, maybe catch some prison RP if Reina/Vicky or someone of that caliber is around, I've done some minor recruiting, gun sales for once we are released, etc while in prison. 3 hours ain't a lot. The only absurdly long sentence I've had and enjoyed was 10 hours I think, but that was the culmination of months of RP and interrogation with Edward Sharp. Honestly, that's the thing I've missed most. Last fall in the Rooks, I was getting thrown into interviews rooms on every arrest, offered deals, rejected deals, threatened, Ldos every day. I loved that RP from PD.

Does that not happen anymore, or am I just getting bad luck? Now it's just cuff/search/charge/transport/prison/repeat. If cops case me for a month and at the end I get nailed with 10 hours, I'll take that. I am paying for the good RP with prison time.

If I evade with a pistol and a silencer and do 4 hours? I'll prolly just afk it in a cell over the course of a week. Just my feelings.

I mean yeah, it gives you time to finish some things out of the game and more. But I think the cap should be 3 hours, yesterday I've spent 7 hours in prison and I'm still there. I have nothing to do than sit afk in my cell, watch netflix and sometimes someone trying to punch me.

• Like 1

Hello, we have previously addressed several suggestions about prison cap and prison times. Individual jail times were already lowered, we have no intentions currently of lowering them again. (Feel free to scan the archive).

If you are a Police Officer, you could try to argue your point In Character with your department, have it work up the Chain of Command so that it can eventually and potentially be forwarded to City Hall as a proposal.

- Osborn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.