MistNinja

Changes to the local drug labs on the map.

what if the drug making timer would be lowered inside labs such as sea lab and so on.. and that would make them more usefull again while higher risk.. while if someone would want longer cooking time and less risk they could just go and cook in their self made labs with cooking tables places. wouldn't that bring life to crim rp on drug labs?

lets say tables that are self places at homes and rvs timers would remain as they are right now and are a bit safer while if we reduce the table timers on cooking drugs inside the drug labs, that would mean you have 2 options on cooking

Option A: take the risk.. bring a couple of friends to the local drug lab on the map as for example sea lab and cook there but take the risk of encountering other players for the reward of cooking faster the drugs aka having a lower timer on cooking.

Option B: buy equipment from the local big gangs for home or RV cooking and be safer however it takes longer to make a drug than in the local drug labs on the map.

this change would bring more criminal rp and activity to do back onto ECRP and drug labs wouldn't anymore be just marihuana planting sites but would also be usefull for actually making drugs.. Higher risk but also higher reward as you would make the drugs much quicker than at your home (your safe space)

my suggestion: lower by a certain % the timers on local drug labs. make them usefull again. by doing that criminals would have a reason to visit often the local labs instead of just going there to take plants and leave right after.

Edited by MistNinja
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Static labs should have the old timers but placeable labs should use the new timers. 

Static labs are high risk due to other players easily able to rob you and often other players calling cops on you. Whereas placeable labs can be hidden in secluded areas with furniture doors which means players are much less likely to call cops on you or even rob you. 

Due to the static labs being such a high risk against dynamic labs but having the exact same reward makes very little sense. This is the exact reason static labs are highly underused, reducing the timers would balance the risk and hopefully make people use them more often which increases criminal roleplay interactions such as cooking, lab raids, security and material running.

Edited by JakeInnit_
  • Like 7

+1 but i think it should take a little longer then the old times since the prices got doubled. There comes a lot of risk with holding down a lab, one phone call by a guy on a bf400 and the lab is gone for many hours. If the timers are lowered and the shelves replaced with only half of what it used to be since you can buy materials now the risk vs reward is kinda worth it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JakeInnit_ said:

Static labs should have the old timers but placeable labs should use the new timers. 

Static labs are high risk due to other players easily able to rob you and often other players calling cops on you. Whereas placeable labs can be hidden in secluded areas with furniture doors which means players are much less likely to call cops on you or even rob you. 

Due to the static labs being such a high risk against dynamic labs but having the exact same reward makes very little sense. This is the exact reason static labs are highly underused, reducing the timers would balance the risk and hopefully make people use them more often which increases criminal roleplay interactions such as cooking, lab raids, security and material running.

While I wouldn't say the static labs should have the old timers, they should have reduced timers. As of right now the static labs are quite useless and people only use them to grow plants. You are right that static labs are high risk, but the timer should not be reverted completely. In my opinion this would be unfair for your average criminal. Most worthwhile drugs are crafted with laptop materials, and I can assume that most established gangs would hold down these static labs due to a timer change. Perhaps a better change would be reduced timers and bring back shelves with halved supplies.

My suggestions for the static labs are as follows:

• Reduced timers for cooking drugs.
    • Like I stated prior static labs are useless right now when it comes to cooking. I would suggest reducing the amount of time it takes to cook drugs at these static labs to bring a bit more noise to them once again. I personally do not agree with reverting the timers to their initial ones, perhaps we could see a 25% to 50% reduction when cooking at a static lab.
  • Bring back shelves with materials.
    • Either full shelves or halved shelves.
    • I would personally suggest changing the shelves stock since the Humane Labs update. In my opinion tables should be full of very used supplies such as sodium and ammonia. Along with the mass supply of these, shelves at specific labs should have their required acids but only half of what used to be inside of them. This change would not only give your average criminal the chance to cook, but with Humane Labs they could prolong their cook by purchasing more supplies. More established criminals could also benefit from this, only having to bring materials they purchase from Humane Labs or via laptop instead of everything.
  • Increase the halved supplies player count requirement.
    • I do not see this being a complete game changer when it comes to cooking drugs but I believe it should be kept up to speed with the player count. We have not seen player counts below 100 in a very long time. I am writing this at 2 AM and 260 players are online. I would suggest that if shelves are brought back to static labs, change the player count required to halve supplies.

I would love to hear what you guys think about these, please let me know!

Edited by seth
Changing something
  • Upvote 1

+1 the drug labs were a hotspot for criminal RP.

Around the same time that the robbery rule was introduced, making a large number of places ‘public areas’, drug labs were also updated. This has greatly reduced what is available for criminals to do on the server, not only for making an income, whilst actually remaining true to a criminal character, but for interacting with each other in general. If a gang member catches an enemy gang member lacking alone in the streets, but is unable to do anything because he’s protected by imaginary pedestrians or cameras, at least he could think “it’s ok I’ll catch him later at a drug lab”.

Make the labs worth using again, this provides a lot of criminal RP opportunity which is currently missing. Criminals that can no longer rob anyone anywhere they see fit, could now focus on labs, where other criminals would be cooking or new criminals learning the ropes, providing opportunities for all sorts of criminal RPers to interact with each other again.

Not sure if that makes much sense to be honest but what I’m getting at is drug labs were imo one the best things for all players on the server wanting to role play as a criminal. 

Reading this over as well as having discussion with multiple people and my own thoughts, this is what I presently think. Not all of these ideas work in conjunction with one another, they are just thoughts on different areas where change could potentially be made.

Static Lab Supplies - A very reduced/limited drug supply could be reintroduced to static labs. The supplies themselves would not be the normal set of stock as this would in a sense defeat the potential for official factions with laptop access to attempt to control a market. If the shelves were stocked with all the drug making materials you would need then there would be no point in mining for materials or making connections. Along with this the stock would be limited numbers wise. This not only promotes people potentially fighting over supplies and trying to hold down a static lab but also gives the ability to have a "leg up" if they are successful in securing a lab. The same can also be said for differing the supplies available at each lab which would promote people constantly moving around instead of camping one lab to hound supplies. A much more coordinated effort would go into trying to gain limited materials from multiple areas.

Static Lab Supply Restock - The timer on the restock would change from what everybody was used to to something more random. This would also promote people moving about and having to check labs instead of automatically knowing when a restock would happen and go to a lab for that specific reason at a very specific time. With the old static lab restock timer you could camp a lab and knew exactly when restock was going to happen. 

Static Lab Cooking Time - The times in which is takes to cook at a static lab would be reduced from what it is presently but not back to the old timers. Home cooks would of course take longer due to the maintenance of equipment as well as trying to conduct a very delicate process but in the labs that are RPly set up by what you would assume to be an expert, would have better materials, better equipment and therefore run with a little more efficiency.

Static Lab Drug Amount/Drug Availability - Different labs were always used to make different drugs and could potentially see that becoming a thing again. If home labs could only make drugs a, b, c, and d and static labs could make drug e and f then as the drug market shifts prices people may be more inclined to go to a static lab and cook those specific drugs for a higher profit at some point in time. Another idea it to increase the timer at a static lab but you obtain 2 of the same drug or 1 of the drug and a byproduct items or supply material. This gives a small incentive to using a static lab even though the risk is still there due to being in a much more open area.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.