Osborn

Addressing the Culprit of Social RP: Player Robberies

Yeah this is very nice, BIG +1, because this ''robbing thing'' was too much, and the main Role Play for other players was to rob someone, like you couldn't properly enter your house or making parties in your backyards without looking behind your shoulder all time, which is very annoying. This is role play server not robbing server, and usually when you started to do some nice quality role play, somebody came and just robbed you, very gladly this will be gone now. Thank you, this will bring in a good role play. 🙂 

Mostly a good thing, but like others said -  who is to constitute what a populated area is? Rules really shouldn't be ambiguous imo. Like Aldari saying that it's meant to be vague isn't really an acceptable answer for a player who could receive a permanent ban for robbing someone in a place that the player may think isn't populated, but an admin disagrees with them. it's definitely important to use your own judgement during RP as he/she/they said, however, we've seen in the past that players using their own judgement led to mishaps (think before NCZ's were marked on the map for instance; or when the fear RP rule changed; or when the VDM rule was changed; or when the KoS rule was changed. all of those rules have been further clarified after dozens of rule breaks took place which led to players being punished).

Something that should be added to that rule is that the time of day could effect it, for instance, if a player robs you walking down the road in the middle of the day thats non-rp. but if a player robs you when you're walking down the road at 3AM, then that wouldn't be considered non-rp.

Definitely a needed rule, just wish it was worded better/wasn't so ambiguous, even though that was the intent of the rule.

Edited by Dashingly
  • Like 2

Good change, but you said it is the main form of criminal rp for many which is correct because drug labs are now fucked, and chopping cars is fucked due to the 2 hour despawn timer, robbing people is basically the only thing we can actually do efficiently as criminals now, now we can’t even do that rp has been so boring this week bring back the old drug system 

Edited by Vez

37 minutes ago, Dashingly said:

Mostly a good thing, but like others said -  who is to constitute what a populated area is? Rules really shouldn't be ambiguous imo. Like Aldari saying that it's meant to be vague isn't really an acceptable answer for a player who could receive a permanent ban for robbing someone in a place that the player may think isn't populated, but an admin disagrees with them. it's definitely important to use your own judgement during RP as he/she/they said, however, we've seen in the past that players using their own judgement led to mishaps (think before NCZ's were marked on the map for instance; or when the fear RP rule changed; or when the VDM rule was changed; or when the KoS rule was changed. all of those rules have been further clarified after dozens of rule breaks took place which led to players being punished).

Something that should be added to that rule is that the time of day could effect it, for instance, if a player robs you walking down the road in the middle of the day thats non-rp. but if a player robs you when you're walking down the road at 3AM, then that wouldn't be considered non-rp.

Definitely a needed rule, just wish it was worded better/wasn't so ambiguous, even though that was the intent of the rule.

Hey man.

We're definitely aware that this will need some time to adapt and understand, staff will definitely not issue permanent bans around this particular change unless absolutely required for some period. We are here to educate, and we don't always issue punishments - nowadays, we try to teach our staff to handle situations case by case basis. It's very possible for wordings to be changed and clarifications to be made later down the road, but as Aldari said, it was our intention to keep this vague to allow for player imagination, rather than creating another set of rules that players will ruleplay around. 

We understand that this is how robberies have previously been done on Eclipse since its birth. But we believe that our official,unofficial factions, and active community members will adapt to this and be guided in the right direction, so that they later can be ambassadors for newer players who might need guidance and direction. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

I think you need to give us more examples of where people can be robbed. Like, a mine would be realistically populated and have witnesses because a mine has a high amount of workers, but yet I am still seeing robberies there. Also places like the random neighbourhoods (that aren’t gang areas) are they safe now? Can I now enter my house without quickly running as fast as I can? Also what’s a proper role play reason to rob someone? Because I can see some people thinking that robbing a cop would be allowed because they have a badge, but realistically who robs cops? What are they going to obtain from robbing a cop? They can’t get illegal stuff like drugs or stacks of cash and a cop would usually know how to defend themselves. 

My two main questions are. Can I enter my house without any threats? Can I mine peacefully now?

I just basically wish you would elaborate more on this rule. Thank you for your time!

Edited by Aaron Martin

Dude litterally my character development has gone from anxious to absolute out of control paranoia due to the amount of robberies and car thefts that he has been through it is truly insane thank you for answering our prayers now my character just needs therapy for couple years and might be better

21 minutes ago, apologisemeow said:

Wont this just drive more people to robbing at drop off points

Theoreticly where is a drop off point is populated area and most of the time people from outside can't even get it. This is a really big deal for the server I have joined other server few days ago and the roleplay is so different when you don't need to be noxious about meeting people that at any second someone can rob you. I hope this server will get to the point as well.

Brilliant change, well done to the staff team for noticing this and listening to the players. I was hooked on the server until exp 5000 then I didnt play as regular anymore due to the amount of times ive been robbed pretty much everywhere. This in my opinion will garuntee the server to keep alot of players.

I hope you all read this because I am really pissed......
I think its useless trying to stop robbers on this server like for real they will never stop and they will always look to rob you and take your radio and GPS off your ass and leave you in the middle of no where, and you will have to run 20 miles to get back to the city or if they leave the phone call a cap and pay your 1000 dollars that you were working your ass for or trying to save to buy a car....

I just logged off the game 5 minutes ago and I came to make a topic about how many robbers are there in this server but I found this one and all I can say is you are trying but its not enough,, I am quitting this server for real I cant play or RP with anyone I cant do anything I cant even talk to strangers anywhere other than the bank because its the only place where you can talk to people and not be afraid to get robbed and even being at the bank strangers come over at you at random and ask you if you want to buy a gun , or a "50  water gun" and they start talkin to you how good this gun is and how you can rob people and stores with it like fucking hell people!!!??? like in real life you are afraid of cats and here you talk about killing and robbing shit
for real this is literally bullshit no one and I mean no one does shit like this and run around all over the place even in the police station and bank with guns at their back like for real people???? and people buy guns for 6k and sell them for 7k and 8k thats if they are honest and dont just scam your ass that alone is bullshit the server has to stop this and make sure that a player can buy only one gun once in a while and if he wants to buy another he needs an approve of admins or police if you want it IC.... so he cant just buy 10 guns and sell them then keep on going like this he can only have one for him and if he somehow "loses" it he can ask for another but after he goes into fucking hell of troubles and shit from admins or the police to get an approve to buy another gun and if he loses it again for the 3rd time he wont get another one unless he fills a shit load of papers at the police station and talks to a detective and pay taxes for the 3rd gun or he will have to re apply for his guns licenses
these licenses are made to keep you protected not abuse it and sell guns from it
and the use of serial numbers of guns should be used if somehow your gun is found with someone and the serial number belongs to you,,, you will get your licenses revoked and you will be arrested or at least investigated and guns should be given back otherwise this server will be the same 

I really cant take it anymore I cant go anywhere I cant talk to anyone i mean I asked someone to give me a ride he frisked me and found I have money on me he pulled his gun and robbed me... like he was willing to give me a ride but when he found I have money he robbed me... he couldnt trust me so he had to frisk me and this happens all the time no one lets you in their car even if you are dying unless they frisk you first.....

I am really mad and pissed and I left the server just because I got robbed 3 times LITERALLY 3 times in 30 minutes I swear to god the first 2 robbers left me and the 2nd two came in 30 secs after the first group left me and I was killed in the last one because I tried to run away with my car but they shot me dead and when I tell them why you killing me for no reason he was like I pointed a gun at you and you tried to drive away so I shot you dead??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
this rule is bullshit even if you are a robber or a burglar killing people is a far more awful crime that one in a hundred robbers in real life willing to do so
and you dont even know if I have money or not like you can do that if you know I have 200k in my pocket and you want the money no matter what
but you dont know shit about me and you are willing to take the risk of killing people for a radio and a GPS and btw I didnt have any of these stuff on me because the first 2 groups of robbers striped me off I was willing to let the 3rd one rob me like he wont get anything but this is far more that what I can take 
Not to mention your car that you cant leave for 2 minutes in the open without it being robbed and all your stuff taken not to mention random people running at you opening your trunk and taking your shit

I just cant take it anymore you work your ass all the day long and then two people with guns that they got from the police come and rob your ass......
if you want people to have guns make an illegal way of doing so like getting drugs that way it will be harder for people to get guns and even if they do so they will be scared to lose it because it wont be a 6k lose so its fine to get into a gun fight and if you are dead it okay I just lost my gun and i'll get another for 6k no no no it will be far more than that so people will really think twice before jumping random people and even the robber should be afraid for his life

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BaXTuRXIV said:

I think its useless trying to stop robbers on this server like for real they will never stop and they will always look to rob you and take your radio and GPS off your ass and leave you in the middle of no where, and you will have to run 20 miles to get back to the city or if they leave the phone call a cap and pay your 1000 dollars that you were working your ass for or trying to save to buy a car....

I just logged off the game 5 minutes ago and I came to make a topic about how many robbers are there in this server but I found this one and all I can say is you are trying but its not enough,, I am quitting this server for real I cant play or RP with anyone I cant do anything I cant even talk to strangers anywhere other than the bank because its the only place where you can talk to people and not be afraid to get robbed and even being at the bank strangers come over at you at random and ask you if you want to buy a gun , or a "50  water gun" and they start talkin to you how good this gun is and how you can rob people and stores with it like fucking hell people!!!??? like in real life you are afraid of cats and here you talk about killing and robbing shit
for real this is literally bullshit no one and I mean no one does shit like this and run around all over the place even in the police station and bank with guns at their back like for real people???? and people buy guns for 6k and sell them for 7k and 8k thats if they are honest and dont just scam your ass that alone is bullshit the server has to stop this and make sure that a player can buy only one gun once in a while and if he wants to buy another he needs an approve of admins or police if you want it IC.... so he cant just buy 10 guns and sell them then keep on going like this he can only have one for him and if he somehow "loses" it he can ask for another but after he goes into fucking hell of troubles and shit from admins or the police to get an approve to buy another gun and if he loses it again for the 3rd time he wont get another one unless he fills a shit load of papers at the police station and talks to a detective and pay taxes for the 3rd gun or he will have to re apply for his guns licenses
these licenses are made to keep you protected not abuse it and sell guns from it
and the use of serial numbers of guns should be used if somehow your gun is found with someone and the serial number belongs to you,,, you will get your licenses revoked and you will be arrested or at least investigated and guns should be given back otherwise this server will be the same 

I really cant take it anymore I cant go anywhere I cant talk to anyone i mean I asked someone to give me a ride he frisked me and found I have money on me he pulled his gun and robbed me... like he was willing to give me a ride but when he found I have money he robbed me... he couldnt trust me so he had to frisk me and this happens all the time no one lets you in their car even if you are dying unless they frisk you first.....

I am really mad and pissed and I left the server just because I got robbed 3 times LITERALLY 3 times in 30 minutes I swear to god the first 2 robbers left me and the 2nd two came in 30 secs after the first group left me and I was killed in the last one because I tried to run away with my car but they shot me dead and when I tell them why you killing me for no reason he was like I pointed a gun at you and you tried to drive away so I shot you dead??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
this rule is bullshit even if you are a robber or a burglar killing people is a far more awful crime that one in a hundred robbers in real life willing to do so
and you dont even know if I have money or not like you can do that if you know I have 200k in my pocket and you want the money no matter what
but you dont know shit about me and you are willing to take the risk of killing people for a radio and a GPS and btw I didnt have any of these stuff on me because the first 2 groups of robbers striped me off I was willing to let the 3rd one rob me like he wont get anything but this is far more that what I can take 
Not to mention your car that you cant leave for 2 minutes in the open without it being robbed and all your stuff taken not to mention random people running at you opening your trunk and taking your shit

I just cant take it anymore you work your ass all the day long and then two people with guns that they got from the police come and rob your ass......
if you want people to have guns make an illegal way of doing so like getting drugs that way it will be harder for people to get guns and even if they do so they will be scared to lose it because it wont be a 6k lose so its fine to get into a gun fight and if you are dead it okay I just lost my gun and i'll get another for 6k no no no it will be far more than that so people will really think twice before jumping random people and even the robber should be afraid for his life

If something like that happens in public place or where is big traffic going on, just ask them in OOC if they wish to really continue or not and if they will, then just play they're Role play and just report them later in forums and that's it.

• NAY 1

On 4/28/2020 at 1:50 AM, Opiyum1 said:

Dude litterally my character development has gone from anxious to absolute out of control paranoia due to the amount of robberies and car thefts that he has been through it is truly insane thank you for answering our prayers now my character just needs therapy for couple years and might be better

Same brother, sometimes we want to RP normally but dont because robbing was uncontroled. Even being rescued by emt's, people stoped their car to rob my inv, with the emt's rp'ing by my side. It was ridiculous.

• Like 1

Need to seriously buff crim RP opportunities

Perhaps trafficking of illegal but highly desirable cosmetic items (Ivory statues, famous paintings) that can then be sold icly to other wealthy players?
Doesn't matter what, just need more. Chop shop could use a buff in payout now as well with the car change.

13 hours ago, BaXTuRXIV said:

You are very right and I've been in the same situation. However, I still think this is a good first step by the staff in order to stop this issue. Robbing GPS and maps is just stupid imo and in my opinion should be considered non RP. IRL, robberies happen really quickly, usually only thing that gets robbed are wallets, money phones and jewellery. But in this server they'll take everything even your fishing rod, bobby pins, jacket, shirt socks hats cock rings everything