Chebbidy

Drug Lab Suggestions / Potential Future Improvements

HI there,

Thank you for reading my post. I wanted to put this forward to the community to get your input on the brand new drug lab system. Obviously the system has some teething issues that are now beginning to settle in. During my time creating this post I will be compiling a list of improvements you've put forward, hopefully that will be taken into consideration by developers.

For anyone thinking that these suggestions carry no weight, please take a look at my previous post. I don't think it's any coincidence that the new drug lab system has taken some of these suggestions into account;

So the suggestions;

-The ability to grow weed AWAY from static locations & possibly at home (or on already owned properties/properties with building access.) This obviously has its own risk completely.

-Deduction of risk of explosion (whether this be skill based or down to an artificial element.) During the first day of these labs being heavily used, there were multiple explosions in which FD responded to. (One instance in which SED turned up. It makes you consider why SWAT would turn up to what looks like an ordinary house fire?) Keep in mind that when the labs explode, there are no traces of the labs left behind scriptly.

-Some kind of ruleset applied to Law Enforcement Officers to stop random house raids/busts for drug labs. There are going to be PLENTY of new players that acquire these labs that don't often have the money to invest in a second property. This would stop them from losing every asset they have in their house. Much like PD officers have an unwritten rule for chopshops and old static drug locations. It's nice to know these are rules  that are generally applied but I can speak for all criminals when I say they're not always listened to.

-Potentially lower the amount of time it takes to cook drugs, or add bonuses to batches etc based on the amount of people present in the room. This would ultimately increase risk but increase benefits from each cook. Naturally, this would make sense due to the cook being supervised/improved based on skill levels etc. 

Altogether I think it'd be more beneficial to have rules surrounding cops for once to give criminals a bit of an advantage when it comes to potentially losing hundreds of thousands worth of dollars for a risk that wasn't really worth it.

Please note this is an unfinished list. This will be added on to as time moves on. PLEASE PLEASE post a suggestion below no matter how minor you think it may be. Remember this is a system that us criminals HAVE ASKED FOR, so please let us maintain the system by putting forward your ideas.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Chebbidy
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 4

I think a good suggestion would be to lower the risk of explosion and / or possibly increase the speed of drug making if the house that the drug tables are placed in is occupied by people. It makes sense because you would RPly be supervising the drug making. If you left the house the chemical reactions are going without supervision and would have a higher chance of explosion.

• Like 3

Law Enforcement officers are already required to submit search warrants reviewed by their Chief and then one of the 4 Commissioners before they can raid a property (property as in business, house etc). The only other time they can raid a property is if they have probable cause, which is heavily enforced In Character. To be honest with you, I've not come across an Internal Affairs report in a very long time regarding an unlawful property search. I don't think we need OOC server rules around it, there's only a select few that can ram down doors out of all the members that the faction has. Deliberately ignoring the regulations put in place would violate the OOC corruption rules in PD/SD and most likely lead to the removal of said member. In the event of a massive loss due to abuse of power/commands, Senior Staff can always intervene and make sure items or monetary value are properly returned.

The 911 call that is submitted is deliberately designed to inform both FD and Law Enforcement of an explosion, which should prompt the response of both departments. It's what we wanted to ensure a % chance of drug making being regulated by Law Enforcement when the new portable system was put into place, as we understood that a larger portion of our playerbase would be cooking drugs and making profit out of it. We wanted a risk factor to it. I understand this is not currently the case (in terms of a larger portion of the playerbase using it), but as I've understood it, faction leaders have been speaking with NBDY to give him ideas on how to improve the system. 

I don't think it's healthy to limit what type of units can respond to a call, if a tactical unit happened to be nearby I don't see why they couldn't go and check the explosion out.

Other than that, I cannot comment on the rest as I'm not too familiar with timers, % chances, or many of the other drug table features. 

15 minutes ago, FatherOsborn said:

Law Enforcement officers are already required to submit search warrants reviewed by their Chief and then one of the 4 Commissioners before they can raid a property (property as in business, house etc). The only other time they can raid a property is if they have probable cause, which is heavily enforced In Character. To be honest with you, I've not come across an Internal Affairs report in a very long time regarding an unlawful property search. I don't think we need OOC server rules around it, there's only a select few that can ram down doors out of all the members that the faction has. Deliberately ignoring the regulations put in place would violate the OOC corruption rules in PD/SD and most likely lead to the removal of said member. In the event of a massive loss due to abuse of power/commands, Senior Staff can always intervene and make sure items or monetary value are properly returned.

The 911 call that is submitted is deliberately designed to inform both FD and Law Enforcement of an explosion, which should prompt the response of both departments. It's what we wanted to ensure a % chance of drug making being regulated by Law Enforcement when the new portable system was put into place, as we understood that a larger portion of our playerbase would be cooking drugs and making profit out of it. We wanted a risk factor to it. I understand this is not currently the case (in terms of a larger portion of the playerbase using it), but as I've understood it, faction leaders have been speaking with NBDY to give him ideas on how to improve the system. 

I don't think it's healthy to limit what type of units can respond to a call, if a tactical unit happened to be nearby I don't see why they couldn't go and check the explosion out.

Other than that, I cannot comment on the rest as I'm not too familiar with timers, % chances, or many of the other drug table features. 

@FatherOsborn I understand absolutely however all criminals can interject on your argument to come to the same conclusion that these rules are not always adhered to. To know they are punishable if not followed would make us feel a lot more confident with our roleplay.

There has been times where sheriff's have patrolled chopshops, and maybe rolled by the same drug lab 6-7 times waiting for shots or something along those lines which the majority of the time cannot be avoided. Cops are humans too, and like criminals they may get bored and look for action. We cannot bait cops all the same (not like we want to) so why are they allowed to do the same with us?

For example, there was an instance today in which a full squad of SED members attended a trailer in which an explosion occured. It was quite obvious the commanding SED officer wanted in on the trailer. The FD responding had told the SED that it was a small house fire which was now handled.

The SED member had then stated "Why is there such a large criminal presence?" There was not. We were in an unmarked vehicle (all black Schafter V12) and there was only 3 of us on scene. 

It's times like this that make the criminal community quite nervous with change. To know that officers know what's going on inside the building is uncomfortable to an extent but to see them persevering to access the property just angers me entirely.

Bare in mind this was 5-10 minutes after the initial explosion. They had time to suit up and respond which is more than likely what happened. Feels like there was a lot of metagaming involved which starts us off on a wrong foot with community standing. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Copes said:

+1

In particular, the risk of explosion appears to be very high. While I understand that this feature is needed, the amount of explosions that happened JUST TODAY is alarming. 

And really only people in official illegal factions have them now, and even then only a small percentage of those people are cooking. If they were given to players as we're expected to do there's going to be houses exploding once every 15 minutes and will become a bit burdensome on FD and PD.

Edited by Copperhorse
  • Like 1

UPDATE:

After a day of continuously running the labs, I woke up this morning to discover that my tables had exploded.

Now if you look at the profit mark-up, the drugs I manufactured pre-detonation will only sell for 32k.

The tables alone cost me 7.5k each.

That's 2k profit before detonation with my house left unlocked overnight for anyone to raid.

This isn't even taking into account the cost of the materials purchased from Humane. I am ultimately at a loss.

The chance of detonation is too high. I won't be using labs until a fix is put into place. When they were released NBDY declared that there is a very low chance of explosion, however, it seems like if you use the labs they are almost guaranteed to blow up within 24 hours.

This is not the system we asked for. 

Edited by Chebbidy
  • Like 2

@FatherOsbornFurther to my post above,

unknown.png

Why was my stash emptied as per a normal house fire? When I say the following this is the context surrounding it;

Law Enforcement officers are already required to submit search warrants reviewed by their Chief and then one of the 4 Commissioners before they can raid a property (property as in business, house etc). The only other time they can raid a property is if they have probable cause, which is heavily enforced In Character"

I woke up this morning and my door was rammed down. A floating red stash spot was raided (almost like they knew it would be a house stash.)

This to me seems unreasonable due to all evidence being destroyed in a fire (when the drug tables blow, all the drugs on the vicinity of the floor are burned and destroyed.)

What basis did they have to raid my property?

There are SO MANY rules restricting criminal movements, but are PD now realistically allowed to act above and beyond what most gangs would do regarding the recent changelog?

This is a problem that's going to deter a lot of people from using labs.

Edited by Chebbidy
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Chebbidy said:

@FatherOsbornFurther to my post above,

unknown.png

Why was my stash emptied as per a normal house fire?

It's not a normal house fire though.

People responding to an explosion 911 can RP finding traces of a drug lab. It's not like every trace of it disappears, a drug lab exploding IRL won't just be waved off as a normal fire. If you store drugs in the same house/property that you cook them in, you risk losing them. It creates probable cause to search the property once it's been determined that the cause of the explosion was a drug lab. 

I'll ask NBDY if he can leave some objects behind to make the immersion more realistic, when it blows up. 

Just now, FatherOsborn said:

It's not a normal house fire though.

People responding to an explosion 911 can RP finding traces of a drug lab. It's not like every trace of it disappears, a drug lab exploding IRL won't just be waved off as a normal fire. If you store drugs in the same house/property that you cook them in, you risk losing them. It creates probable cause to search the property once it's been determined that the cause of the explosion was a drug lab. 

I'll ask NBDY if he can leave some objects behind to make the immersion more realistic, when it blows up. 

@FatherOsborn So you're telling me there's no way a house fire can be diverted and that at this point criminals are basically fleeced when their drug labs are guaranteed to detonate within 24 hours?

Be prepared for a house raid every time no matter the scenario.

I highly recommend that the chances of labs detonating is reduced significantly in order to win over the current crim community. Everyone who placed a lab 24~ hours ago would not have them right now.

I Already lose 2 tables in 24 hours, i didnt understand what happen the tables probably blew up but the house is okay and table just desappear.. one of the times i still have the drugs there. Another time i dont have anything.
If after table blew up for the first time that give permissions for SD/PD raid my house every time they feel boring that will be funny.

i wil sell the house for someone and he will got a house raid 😂, or i buy a house from someone who already cook there and i got raided because there faults..

As Osborn previously stated Faction leaders and others are in the works of assisting to refine the new system. However, tweaks and balancing are ongoing, so please don't think it's being released and abandoned. It's currently a daily topic. 

Below are some of the areas brought up by these people in during the discussion:

1. The chance of the tables blowing up could potentially be reduced by 3x or more, explosions happen far too often. 

2. The time taken to cook drugs could also be reduced by 25%

3. More properties could be added to supply the demand for "drug houses"

4. Drug Tables could potentially be placed out with properties so long as its realistic or in a turf? - Pros & Cons discussed.

5. Entice players to sale drugs to other players - give drugs IC benefits.

6. FD/EMS require access to breakdown doors in the event of house fires due to labs.

7. Muriatic Acid is currently not acquirable in game.

8. Make "drug materials" stackable, including marijuana plants. Allow drug materials and drugs to remain on floors after server restarts.

9. Explosion rate varies on attended/unattended tables. Being near the table reduces the risk. 

10. /removetable should return the table to an inventory item, so it can be placed again elsewhere or inventoried as evidence. 

11. Add a "ventilation system" that can be purchased for interiors, to reduce the risk of explosion and hide smoke.

Scored out have been implemented.

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 8

14 hours ago, FatherOsborn said:

Agreed but you dont need to 'ram' or break the doors after a lab explodes because the script is made that way . If the lab explodes in your house the door will be unlocked ' destroyed' so FD and PD can just enter also anybody else of course .

Having tested and cooked drugs for the past 2 days I can say that it is not worth the time and hassle in the slightest bit, with losing tables, ingredients and etc. it is simply not worth at all, if the current profit was increased by 5 times maybe then I would even consider doing it. A table producing coke makes 2.8k profit every hour, with 10 tables it might be profitable and actually worth doing, however there is a large list of problems that come with having 10 tables, the cost of them, the risk of them exploding, risk of ppl seeing that u are cooking, etc, i could keep listing shit, but even looking at the surface it already does not seem appealing in the slightest. Although we all appreciate the work that the staff and development team does, we asked for a crim update not another crim nerf that fucks the crim experience even harder, it was already unappealing to cook in the old labs, this just takes the appeal away completely and until it is changed I do not see many people using this system. A few things that could be changed:

Increase the price of drugs even further

Add a notification to when the lab blows up for the owner of the table or property and not only PD (dk why this wasn't a feature with the initial release)

Make a system that would allow crims to prevent the tables from exploding

Make PD only receive notifications on some labs, similarly to the chance of import location being leaked to PD

Make the whole process easier overall, since right now, I do not see a reason why any crim would go and cook when instead they can go to mines and make 20k per hour with basically 0 investment

20 hours ago, FatherOsborn said:

I agree with house raids and then being allowed and all. But i just think it's heavily unfair when PD get a 911 call with the exact ping of the house that has had a exploded drug lab, we already have smoke and fire coming off the door, which we can't hide. We are always going to get raided on probable suspicion because there is smoke and fire at the door. PD should have to investigate and find the house in question that has a active lab inside, not just "go to the waypoint and raid the property", this is my opinion. Okay, we can lose drugs and our tables explode, but when a table is exploding every couple hours and PD are rocking up to our house and just raiding because there is a fire script at the door, the RP just gets a bit well, boring. 

So what i'm saying in simpler terms, is that a loud explosion is heard when a table blows up, your door has fire outside. That is enough of a risk factor for the player, and there is no need for PD to get a call with the exact location of the house with the lab.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Reece_1303 said:

I agree with house raids and then being allowed and all. But i just think it's heavily unfair when PD get a 911 call with the exact ping of the house that has had a exploded drug lab, we already have smoke and fire coming off the door, which we can't hide. We are always going to get raided on probable suspicion because there is smoke and fire at the door. PD should have to investigate and find the house in question that has a active lab inside, not just "go to the waypoint and raid the property", this is my opinion. Okay, we can lose drugs and our tables explode, but when a table is exploding every couple hours and PD are rocking up to our house and just raiding because there is a fire script at the door, the RP just gets a bit well, boring. 

So what i'm saying in simpler terms, is that a loud explosion is heard when a table blows up, your door has fire outside. That is enough of a risk factor for the player, and there is no need for PD to get a call with the exact location of the house with the lab.

The fire would need to be much more pronounced if this were to be the case. Right now it's like a camp fire at the door, not very noticeable.

21 hours ago, FatherOsborn said:

I was cooking on an island how would PD and FD even know about a fire on an island that is isolated lost 6 tables which cost me 60k system is screwed 

• Upvote 3

Drug farming should be rewarding this isnt nowhere near rewarding in its current state i like the concept but this comes with way too many flaws, all risk no reward but at least cops are having fun knocking down doors whilst criminal rp takes a huge hit. make farming drugs worth while give us harsher punishments it should be high risk big rewards.

• Like 1

I believe FD should have the rp for fighting the fire and investigating the causes of the fire before PD are EVER involved in any sort of investigation. Metagaming the calls PD get for house fires, KNOWING that they're player placed drug labs is absolutely absurd. I've heard peoples' comments of swat showing up even before FD does on standby to simply raid the house and take all of the items inside and I have to say that's neither fair nor balanced. 

Now, I'm not saying PD shouldn't be involved at all, because at the end of the day for balancing and realism it's more than likely going to be found out that a drug lab was responsible for the kaboom. But I think a huge ton of RP steps are being overwhelmingly skipped because of the current state of the tables and their approach by Legal factions. An explosion shouldn't equate to an immediate squad of 4 swat members rolling up in an insurgent packed with heavies and door breaching gear minutes after the call has shown up on the call board, because how in the absolute world did they know it was A) A criminal household, and B) An explosion due to illegal methods?

How would they know without a Fire Department investigation? Why would they be so eager to enter a burning, smoldering building until it is cleared by FD for safety??? 

Give FD a chance to respond, enjoy their RP of combating the fire, investigating, and with a simple department call to IB or PD, a unit can easily come by to investigate the grounds for suspicious contraband or the like.  The over eagerness to get in on shutting down these labs and completely dumping peoples' houses is being very clearly seen. While I agree with Osborn's suggestion on being smart about the materials or gear you leave in your house with the risks of explosion/losing it, there needs to be some help on both sides of the equation. It's in the mentality of it and the approach in terms of RP and making things fun and interactive rather than what most people describe as "PD vs. CRIM" attitude, and it does exist. I can't tell you how many conversations I've seen on both sides that are just absolutely laced with toxicity for the other side, and with this new feature there needs to be a coming together on how to improve things not just scriptly but in a ROLEPLAY sense. Otherwise, we're just going to continue to fester really toxic relations between legal and illegal factions and nobody wants to see that.

Edited by Wolokai142
  • Like 5

Hey since i've been cooking and testing the limits of the new drug system these past few days, I would like to address some key points and issue regarding the matter. First of all getting an instant notification especially in my case cooking on an island in the middle of the ocean is pure meta-game and unrealistic. Me and my crew spent days building a hangar that contains several rooms and in few seconds our effort and fun role play scenario got ruined in seconds. 

- Notification needs to be adjusted if in a secluded, safe location (outside the city)

- Prices needs to be increased (market value is going way too low with its demand)

- Add muriatic acid, Ecstasy cannot be made so far.

Performing a huge drug operation is a risk, but when it's done within a gang it's taken in a professional and careful way which results in a successful operation and reward is high. (the reason behind why prices should be increased as well).

Edited by PhenomenalX
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Wolokai142 said:

I believe FD should have the rp for fighting the fire and investigating the causes of the fire before PD are EVER involved in any sort of investigation. Metagaming the calls PD get for house fires, KNOWING that they're player placed drug labs is absolutely absurd. I've heard peoples' comments of swat showing up even before FD does on standby to simply raid the house and take all of the items inside and I have to say that's neither fair nor balanced. 

Couldn't agree more with this, when one of my labs blew up yesterday both a detective and swat with an insurgent were first on scene before FD ever were. Not sure in what world it makes sense where swat showing up with carbines in hand to what at first seems like a house fire. This is just straight up skipping any investigation RP FD could be doing and metagaming. The only reason realistically PD should be on scene at first is to assist with scene management until FD make the place safe and do investigations on how the fire started to which then PD would be involved once drug traces are found to conduct a house raid if needed. The best way to fix this is have a rule for PD similar to static drug labs where OOCly PD shouldn't know it's a drug lab that caused the fire until FD have done further RP into investigating the cause of the fire.

• Like 9

+1 Criminal RP has very little to do and its very hard to make money as a criminal right now. to put 

Before the portable drug lab update you had lab runs which was a very big part of the criminal life and you had a high risk high reward level. Now with portable drug labs its a high risk low reward. To put things in numbers before the portable drug lab:

In 1 OOC hour you were able to make this                                                              

image.png.e13bb584fce32e7d137cc4131b810e5f.png

You can say this is an high amount of money you could make an hour but the risk was constantly getting robbed, PD showing up and potentially loosing the gear you had on you.  it was a HIGH risk HIGH reward job and that is how criminal money should be in the city. 

Now that we do have portable labs you will first of all need to ICly find people who sell drug tables or cook at the old community labs which is not worth the risk. The prices are terrible and its a HIGH risk LOW reward scenario.

Currently in 1 OOC hour you are able to make this

image.png.d3b1a25925839a2a360ca4d0f0165dc0.png

Tables are 10k so you would need to invest 10.000 and it would take for the cheapest cocaine 200$ in supplies so you would average 2800 per hour if you would use cocaine. it would take you 4 hours to get a little bit of profit. This is calculated without any risk of getting blown and if you want serious profit you would need to make multiple tables which = to a greater risk. 

In my opinion the portable drug was supposed to be a criminal update but it looks like it indirectly was an update for PD as they are getting more RP out of it. Portable drug lab is an easy way to get house raided.

It will need some huge balancing in prices and how PD/FD RP it. Currently as in posts above PD knows that what is supposed to be a fire its a drug lab and go with swat. For example PD should not respond to any fire calls unless FD request them to be there as they found the source of the fire to be a drug lab, Random fires so PD/FD wont act every fire as a crime and as last instead of increasing the price the time should be drastically lowered. 

Edited by Felcon
  • Like 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.