Chebbidy

Drug Lab Suggestions / Potential Future Improvements

No one is to be seen at the old labs anymore because of the new timers on cooking. It's not even worth the risk buying materials and cooking at a lab with the low return price.

Increase the return price off drugs. Reduce cooking timers. Criminals have nothing else to do other than rob people.

3 minutes ago, PingasOner said:

No one is to be seen at the old labs anymore because of the new timers on cooking. It's not even worth the risk buying materials and cooking at a lab with the low return price.

Increase the return price off drugs. Reduce cooking timers. Criminals have nothing else to do other than rob people.

With the new drug labs, the new robbing rules, and now that cars disappear after 2 hours of being offline. They've really killed criminal money making this update. I think maybe they should also increase the chop rewards because of how hard it is to get cars with them all being deleted after people log off.

Edited by Copperhorse
  • Upvote 1

Perhaps we can add an additional feature to make free (quickly perishable, within 10mins OOC) food/water in your home on the oven, and this oven also has a chance to explode (much lower than drug lab)

Also nerf drug lab explosions chance

Also properties for sale need to be transparently marked whether or not a lab explosion was here

4 minutes ago, Jleoni said:

Perhaps we can add an additional feature to make free (quickly perishable, within 10mins OOC) food/water in your home on the oven, and this oven also has a chance to explode (much lower than drug lab)

Also nerf drug lab explosions chance

Also properties for sale need to be transparently marked whether or not a lab explosion was here

This discussion is not about making food in a scripted oven, and a oven should not blow up anyways, but if you want to put this idea forward, you should do so on a different thread, as this one is solely about the new drug tables.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

I agree with @Chebbidy and @CallumMontie, the majority if not all their points are good.

Most in real life drug labs catch fire, explode or kill the cooker(s) while the ingredients are being taken care of for compounds that are used to cook. I understand that we can't have it all 100% realistic but the current system is hella weird. @CallumMontieI think the command you are looking for is /dismantlelab but I might be wrong.

- Muriatic Acid should be obtainable without visiting static labs. Maybe not purchasable at Humane either but having another option would be nice

- Growing marijuana at home, being it for cooking or for RP would be amazing but it should also occupy a lot of space if you are not growing outdoors

- There is an explosion every 30min/1 hour and not a lot of people cook. That is not very realistic. I think labs should explode less if people interract with the table every now and then or the odds should be lower

- Buff drug usage or nerf the debuffs/malus/addiction

- Additional furniture as Bruce said, to lower chances of explosions while you are not taking care of the table

Now let's talk about Law Enforcement and IC issues that I am not happy about either. In @Chebbidy's case, a firefighter may have found evidence or illegal items that can incriminate him and provoke a search but I don't like the fact that whoever raided his house, didn't even leave the legal shit behind.

I had the classic fire/explosion and assisted at a house where James Eriksen was present and after the firefighter said that the fire had been extinguished and that there was nothing illegal around or in sight, we left. I hate the fact that some people ruin someone else's experience because they don't know what peobable cause is. The thing is, at the moment, there are no traces of a drug lab (scriptly) so after something explodes, everything gets wiped like it never existed. That should somehow change.

- Currently FD depends on SWAT and SED because scriptly, they are the only ones that can open doors and I feel like that should be changed. Having a firetruck more or less close to the door should allow them to RP breaking in before doing /ram.

Finally I would like to see two things on PD side to justify our searches and this one should rely on luck more than others:

- Nobody can control the dimension or temperature of an explosion. If the risk was high, there should be no evidence left after the explosion. If the risk was low, the should be evidence of dangerous chemicals or even drugs left behind so PD/SD can actually have probable cause and get in for a search. An IC alternative could be the introduction of K9 units, which we currently don't have.

Some of you experienced some unhappy scenarios, mostly during the first explosions and I hope that it will not happen again.

Edited by TheCactus
  • Like 2

I don't know who thought this update was a good idea but it's really not. The criminal ways of making money have been all but eradicated with the sole exception of store robberies. Drug labs were already an extremely dangerous and high risk compared to reward. Now it's just plain broken. They increase the time to cook by 20-30 times and yet increase the prices by only a little bit? It's honestly baffling and I hope to see it reverted soon. It now takes 64 minutes to roll eight blunts that net you a total of 3200 dollars, roughly. Yet the risk is still high of having someone come and rob or kill you. You can make twice that fishing or farming in the same amount of time with almost zero risk. Hell, you might even make more from your basic income in that time. Does that sound right?

It's bonkers, absolute stark raving mad.

They took a system that functioned pretty well and had a fair risk-reward ratio and then completely broke it.

It desperately needs revision.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheCactus said:

I agree with @Chebbidy and @CallumMontie, the majority if not all their points are good.

Most in real life drug labs catch fire, explode or kill the cooker(s) while the ingredients are being taken care of for compounds that are used to cook. I understand that we can't have it all 100% realistic but the current system is hella weird. @CallumMontieI think the command you are looking for is /dismantlelab but I might be wrong....

Thank you for such a forthwith answer. I appreciate your utmost honesty in your statement above and I appreciate you being able to reinforce my opinion albeit your experience being parallel to mine.

Eclipse RP would benefit greatly with such honest faction members as yourself. Kudos. It's not often you see this reciprocated.

• Like 1

Static labs are not viable anymore i think static labs should take 30 seconds every ingredient so heroin being 5 ingredients should take 150 seconds so people can use them and actually make money from them would also bring people back to the labs because now they are deserted 

• Like 1

Another suggestion:

Add 3 output slots on the drug labs. Instead of dropping them there should be a small inventory in which you can take the drugs out of. This solves 2 problems.

1. When the server restarts, all the drugs that were made and placed on the floor disappear.

2. People grabbing the drugs through other peoples roofs. If this were to be updated, then you wouldn't be able to grab the drugs since they're in an inventory, which doesn't happen with this bug.

Also solves the small quality of life issue of having to spam O many times, but mainly the two above.

Edited by Copperhorse

Hey there after spending 2-4 Days doing drugs in this new lab system all what can I say is that the price what you getting after you sell them is to low .

Before that there was a chance to make like 40 k in one Hour and now its less than 20k with chance what you have now . 

If you are not part of gang your chance to get good cash is gone now .

Mining job is more better than this one but how can it be if you spend so much cash on things what you need to craft all these things to get some drugs and after than you sell and get almost nothing ? 

56 minutes ago, Chris Bluestone said:

Hey there after spending 2-4 Days doing drugs in this new lab system all what can I say is that the price what you getting after you sell them is to low .

Before that there was a chance to make like 40 k in one Hour and now its less than 20k with chance what you have now . 

If you are not part of gang your chance to get good cash is gone now .

Mining job is more better than this one but how can it be if you spend so much cash on things what you need to craft all these things to get some drugs and after than you sell and get almost nothing ? 

There was no possible way to make 40k an hour in the old drug lab system. The best money was solo LSD which was around 26k an hour. The only thing that might need to be reworked right now is how much the price drops when people sell and / or how quickly it goes back up from when it's low.

Edited by Copperhorse

5 minutes ago, Copperhorse said:

There was no possible way to make 40k an hour in the old drug lab system. The best money was solo LSD which was around 26k an hour. The only thing that might need to be reworked right now is how much the price drops when people sell and / or how quickly it goes back up from when it's low.

Ow deam mate than you don't know a lot of things if you find a way how to do it fast you could make 40 in 1h and 10min something around that 

To me, NBDY created this new system to be THE system. The static labs are still in there for the independents/low tier criminals to take a chance cooking. 
Anyone that is organised is going to be using the new system.

If the static labs were better, there might be more of a split which doesn't make sense.

-Some kind of ruleset applied to Law Enforcement Officers to stop random house raids/busts for drug labs. There are going to be PLENTY of new players that acquire these labs that don't often have the money to invest in a second property. This would stop them from losing every asset they have in their house. Much like PD officers have an unwritten rule for chopshops and old static drug locations. It's nice to know these are rules  that are generally applied but I can speak for all criminals when I say they're not always listened to.

You now have the benefit of being able to cook drugs on your terms, with that convenience, you lose the risk of getting caught slipping as much at static labs. So in order for there to be some risk, you have to be able to be caught in your own property.

It's like getting robbed at the clothing stores before, if you got caught slipping then that's kind of on you.

• Like 1

Like now from 1 Table you will not get anything 11 min and maybe 400$ 😄 What is that I think the timer should be the same as it was in static labs or put 30 sec not 15 sec  for Ecstasy or Coce .

11 min makes no sence there is not point to make them .  Fishing job giving you almost the same cash per 1h or Money transporter or others legal jobs so .

On 4/28/2020 at 7:46 AM, Felcon said:

+1 Criminal RP has very little to do and its very hard to make money as a criminal right now. to put 

Before the portable drug lab update you had lab runs which was a very big part of the criminal life and you had a high risk high reward level. Now with portable drug labs its a high risk low reward. To put things in numbers before the portable drug lab:

In 1 OOC hour you were able to make this                                                              

image.png.e13bb584fce32e7d137cc4131b810e5f.png

You can say this is an high amount of money you could make an hour but the risk was constantly getting robbed, PD showing up and potentially loosing the gear you had on you.  it was a HIGH risk HIGH reward job and that is how criminal money should be in the city. 

Now that we do have portable labs you will first of all need to ICly find people who sell drug tables or cook at the old community labs which is not worth the risk. The prices are terrible and its a HIGH risk LOW reward scenario.

Currently in 1 OOC hour you are able to make this

image.png.d3b1a25925839a2a360ca4d0f0165dc0.png

Tables are 10k so you would need to invest 10.000 and it would take for the cheapest cocaine 200$ in supplies so you would average 2800 per hour if you would use cocaine. it would take you 4 hours to get a little bit of profit. This is calculated without any risk of getting blown and if you want serious profit you would need to make multiple tables which = to a greater risk. 

In my opinion the portable drug was supposed to be a criminal update but it looks like it indirectly was an update for PD as they are getting more RP out of it. Portable drug lab is an easy way to get house raided.

It will need some huge balancing in prices and how PD/FD RP it. Currently as in posts above PD knows that what is supposed to be a fire its a drug lab and go with swat. For example PD should not respond to any fire calls unless FD request them to be there as they found the source of the fire to be a drug lab, Random fires so PD/FD wont act every fire as a crime and as last instead of increasing the price the time should be drastically lowered. 

I think the time should be the same as it was before .

As you say before if you had full bags of everything you could get more than 17-20k per hour doing drugs but now its only 3k and waste of time .

This thing should bring a lot of cash for Criminals like more than before in . Or a bit less but not like its now 20k-3.000$ 😄

Edited by Chris Bluestone

1 minute ago, JakeInnit_ said:

With the new fixes, I think everything is fine. If you run multiple tables you can make a million in a couple of days.

Play smart not hard.

As jake said, the new drug lab system is far more adventurous, the only problem is one substance is being mostly cooked which is cocaine. Increase in supplies on import (maybe unlimited same as humane) must be adjusted i think and the market value should be fixed. 

21 minutes ago, PhenomenalX said:

As jake said, the new drug lab system is far more adventurous, the only problem is one substance is being mostly cooked which is cocaine. Increase in supplies on import (maybe unlimited same as humane) must be adjusted i think and the market value should be fixed. 

I agree.

The only issue we have is laptop materials. Some factions are electing to spam orders and as a result its hard to get 10+ of any material.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.