PickleBean17

Eclipse RP: Good or Bad, DEBATE

7 minutes ago, waffels852 said:

I couldn't agree with this more. Also Jay I literally watched a situation happen to where your gang, including you didn't win, you all immediately took to /b claiming forums and reports, as for major events, I don't need to be active in the server to still hear and understand events. It's highly incredulous to believe that you can control an entire gang, let alone be able to understand every roleplay event that happens, I have seen on multiple occasions members of Los Zetas pulling guns and calling radios over the slightest of incidents, such as being called a bitch as that was a event that happened directly to me, where one of your members called for backup for a single person after being called a bitch.

I might as well add on, I feel like gangs will always rely on their trusty /report command because the admins will always be on their side. Why? 

1. They are in a "big faction" which automatically means they are an experienced roleplayer, so why would an admin even listen to the little players getting robbed?

2. They have connections. This is especially true for higher ranked members in their gangs, as they most likely have connections with admins and moderators. Heck, look at jay! He is part of the support staff and hes in a gang! I respect the mods and admins... BUT, I think they should not be allowed in public factions and groups. It is too biased. They should just make their own secret service or something or even better: do their job. Answer questions, provide info, respond to ban appeals, and make eclipse better. 

Saitama C. ////// Los Santos Hero Association
previously: Front Yard Balls + Los Santos Customs

heroassociation.jpg

Edited by PickleBean17

I will avoid the second part of that as I have been a member of staff as well as members of big groups, factions, whatever you may want to call them. But as for the first part I have seen staff members be more one sided, but at the same time it does depend on the situation, and the staff member. I honestly would love to see a sort of restriction system added in place similar to PD, or SD, or any of the other legal factions, except obviously implemented to be more towards criminals,.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PickleBean17 said:

I might as well add on, I feel like gangs will always rely on their trusty /report command because the admins will always be on their side. Why? 

1. They are in a "big faction" which automatically means they are an experienced roleplayer, so why would an admin even listen to the little players getting robbed?

2. They have connections. This is especially true for higher ranked members in their gangs, as they most likely have connections with admins and moderators. Heck, look at jay! He is part of the support staff and hes in a gang! I respect the mods and admins... BUT, I think they should not be allowed in public factions and groups. It is too biased. They should just make their own secret service or something or even better: do their job. Answer questions, provide info, respond to ban appeals, and make eclipse better. 

heroassociation.jpg

My dude, your statements show your ignorance on the subject. 

Firstly, anyone who has ever reported gang members knows that if a staff member is even remotely involved they will automatically call for a senior administrator to deal with the report, this is to avoid bias and because a staff member is held at a higher standard because they represent the community. 

Secondly, we see people recusing themselves from reports all the time, it is common practice that if you are assigned a report and you know one of the parties or are in the same faction as them then you give that report to someone else that isn't involved, all in the spirit of avoiding bias and remaining impartial.

All of these statements have to be backed up by something, I obviously don't want to dismiss your thoughts and feelings outright, they must come from somewhere, but in order for people to work at bettering anything they must first establish what is wrong, this comes in the form of evidence. Making statements with regards to staff favouritism is misguided when all you have to do is take a look at the report archive to disprove your argument.

Edited by Kyle White Raven

8 hours ago, PickleBean17 said:

You have no idea what you're talking about

11 hours ago, PickleBean17 said:

My position in staff gives me no benefits towards me or my faction. I spend my time as staff helping people with issues, not making things better for my faction.

I'm not even really sure what else to say in this thread. It almost feels like it's no longer a discussion, but that's just me.

2 minutes ago, JayGamble said:

My position in staff gives me no benefits towards me or my faction. I spend my time as staff helping people with issues, not making things better for my faction.

I'm not even really sure what else to say in this thread. It almost feels like it's no longer a discussion, but that's just me.

fair enough. I had to change the discussion name a few days ago in order to cool the heat, lol. Everyone on here was raging whether I was so-right or so-wrong with my original post. Anyway, sorry about that but I just have always felt like the higher-ups on the server always had some sort of sinister operation going on. I don't know. Probably just me. 

Saitama C. ////// Los Santos Hero Association
previously: Front Yard Balls + Los Santos Customs

heroassociation.jpg

22 hours ago, PickleBean17 said:

As someone who has been pretty high up in staff and is neither in a gang nor PD, I can tell you that the entire 2nd statement is extremely incorrect. There are staff master policies in place to prevent members of staff from handling reports from their own gangs, factions, etc, to prevent biased action. It's entirely not an issue for staff to be involved in gangs, factions, etc, in fact, it's entirely encouraged. Being in a large group greatly improves your roleplay capabilities and gives you lots of reference to work off of. Let alone the fact that it would be boring as hell to be barred out of 90% of roleplay simply because you're staff. Staff isn't paid to be your personal caterer and supervise an entire server 24/7, they aren't paid at all, but they do it because they enjoy roleplaying on the server, and have been for a long time, and they want to help others get the enjoyable experience that they had.