PickleBean17

Eclipse RP: Good or Bad, DEBATE

*I also posted this on the rule suggestion forum as well, but lets have a discussion here! Good quarantine activity, I guess*

Introduction
Before we begin, let me state that yes: this is all my opinion. Throughout the report I do give facts about the server but ultimately me not recommending it is just my opinion. Play it if you really want to. Anyway, it all started a few months back when I decided to join it because I wanted to try something new. RP seemed fun so I joined eclipse. I passed their little quiz and got in. Right away I noticed there were some different menu features and game mechanics, which were extremely difficult to figure out at first as there was no guide and since everybody I saw was "in character" nobody would just tell me how to do it. I eventually figured it out and it was all good. I played peacefully on the server for a few months, learning how to RP in situations. Most of those situations was me getting robbed, which I will rant about later on. I was able to get one of the faction jobs as a Mechanic on the forums. It payed me the best money I have earned on the server however it was a salary based on real hours, so it sucked. I soon quit that because the lowest rank mechanic's job was basically standing around doing nothing (they would never promote even the best of us). I then started my life of crime, I joined the "ballas" gang thinking I would make a fortune. Made 0 money as there were no set rules for group robbing and other projects. Stupid. I eventually got so bored of it so I just started trolling with a work bus which ended up getting me banned. Again, I am going to explain all of this in the next section, this is not a rage post because I got banned. I was bored of the server, and here's why.

Reason 1: Money

The way money works is absolute garbage in eclipse RP. It ruins the whole point of role play. When you first join the server, you start with a small base amount of $7000 and you get a slow income of $5000 from the "government". There are "freelance jobs" which are the basic minimum wage jobs that players can get without applying. Quite frankly, those jobs are more fun than the actual faction jobs. Other than that, without applying for a faction job (which all have very very strict applications, by the way), the only half decent way of making money is by making drugs. Making drugs is also very difficult, which I will explain later. It just seems like the overall goal is to make money. Which interferes with the RP aspect. Here's proof: During my time, myself and many others constantly got robbed by small gangs. Here's the thing: Eclipse's goal is to make the server as realistic as possible (which is why factions go by real hours of pay). In my opinion, the mass amount of robbers there are on the streets is very unrealistic. In the server, one of the rules is called "Fear RP" which basically means you have to fear for your life in situations (ex: You cant run straight into a gun). I honesty think for all of the robbers on the server, they would be too scared to rob somebody in real life, so that already brakes fear RP. That is why there are so many of them, and it just ruins the game for others because in the end, those robbers just want to make money and be rich as well. I mean heck, If you go the bank (A no crime zone that is basically the hub of the server), all people do there is flex their cars and look rich. Did I also mention that there are very few house properties for sale and they are all very inflated because people are so desperate? It destroys the whole point of RP in my opinion. Think of it this way: Eclipse RP is literally just regular GTAV Online with strict rules. Mind blown. It's so true. Regular GTAV online is literally just about making money. In other RP servers, it is not about money. in DOJ RP for example, you get to pick your role and your financial status, which eliminates the money making temptations for many players. This is how it should be for Eclipse.

Reason 2: The Roles

I have to give Eclipse RP some credit where it is due. They do a good job keeping certain things realistic like hiding drug locations on the real web, and their recipes. They also do a good job with the auction style car markets, where players can make investments and try to climb in money (again though, with the whole money thing). Eclipse has some good features to it, don't get me wrong. However, the roles are super off balanced. As i mentioned earlier, there are so many criminals on the street, which means there are so little police and paramedics. This is a big problem because one of the good things about the server is you can call 911 at any time in an emergency. But the bad thing is that the response time is so bad because they have very little online. Why? The applications and training process! It is garbage! I understand the realistic part, but why??? Here is a great example of this. When I applied to work at Los Santos Customs, the first step was to fill out this long ♥♥♥ application. I passed that. Then, you have to set up a real time interview with a manager. I did that, set my time, got online, the manager wasn't even there. I found him later and he told me to come back in 3 real hours. So I did. I finally got the job after almost a week of waiting. Then, I had to get trained to work on my own which was like an hour and a half. I did that. Huzzah I am now a mechanic. Not really. Remember when I said that they rarely ever promote people, even the ones that deserve it? Yeah. I was ranked "recruit" when I joined, along with possibly one hundred others. I instantly noticed that the complaint from others was that there were tons of recruits and little trainers or managers. There were also no towers. (A tower is a higher ranked mechanic that is allowed to tow). This was a huge problem because the main function of the mechanic was to tow vehicles. There was a crazy high demand. We would get tons of requests for tows and nobody could tow. An admin came multiple times asking us If anybody could tow and we were like "sorry man". I was really hoping I could just get insta-promoted by the admin. Didn't get that though. Basically, you get the point. There isn't enough workforce vs. criminals because everything is way too strict and hard to get into because they try to be too realistic. Just my opinion though.

Reason 3: The 'Realistic' Part'

This drives me nuts. This is some new info with also a lot of review and it also kind of sums up everything. I get it. It is cool that they want to make it realistic but I think it is too much. The fact that the only way to get good money would be making tons of drugs (which was difficult without being in a gang) or working countless real time hours as a faction member is ridiculous. Guys, it is a video game. Some people may have the time but I am not going to sit there as a mechanic or a police officer for tons of real hours a day like it is a real job. It is a video game. There are all of the RP rules to help try and enforce that but it is all kinda bogus. There is a rule called "powergaming" which basically bans anybody from using unrealistic RP actions such as *starts flying away from the robber and *Uses crazy reaction speed to catch bullet. I get that. It is a good rule but people abuse it a bunch. If I was getting robbed, they would basically make sure they would "win" the situation no matter what (also not the point of RP). Its hard, but its very possible to RP your way out of getting robbed without powergaming. But, if something doesn't go their way, they just claim "HES POWERGAMING!!! REPORT!!". Kinda bogus in my opinion. There are tons of other situations where this can happen. It is just all no fun in the end.

The Conclusion

Basically, here is why I got banned: I got bored. (one more time, not a rage post. I got banned a couple months before writing this. Don't get the wrong idea) I was literally driving a work bus around and crashing into gangs for the hell of it. I was so bored of the game. Because of everything I just explained, all you ever do on Eclipse RP is the same thing over and over. You do your way of getting money, maybe you get robbed, maybe you don't. It can be rewarding in the end but the issue is it takes too much real time to do and its all just a big competition for who makes the most money in the game which breaks the RP aspect. I am glad I don't play Eclipse RP anymore. Thanks for reading.

feel free to drop some comments, lets have a discussion! I know this is just for regular GTAV but I think RP on rage multiplayer servers and others are fair game too.

To Mods: Lock this if you want but please do not delete. It is a fair opinion and should be out there for people considering what RP server to play. Thanks.

(I originially posted this for regular GTA forums but I thought maybe there could be some changes for the greater good if Eclipse mods read this)

TO ECLIPSE MODS: please don't remove this right away or you are totally gonna look like the Chinese government. No matter how exposing it is, just let people read it. Maybe you guys can change the way money works some day. Up to you. It is all my opinion after a couple months of legit playing before I started messing around for fun.

Edited by PickleBean17
  • Like 5

I think all of these points are valid, making money is extremely hard, especially for new players, your pretty much running around the map for the first like 10 - 20 hours, wondering what to do, testing things out. You only get 1500$ every hour witch is literally NOTHING in this game.

I understand you have to grind...etc But having to play 1 hour of a video game for 5000 - 10000$ - doing mining, farming or whatever, is bullshit and its not really a roleplay server, more of a money get robbed simulator.

Since ive been playing, I dont have any 5000xp characters yet - but since ive been playing, couple weeks now, ive NEVER been approached by a gang, or had ANY gang rp whatsoever.

Ive went to grove street, drug labs, hung around tequialla, I ALWAYS get robbed, and no real RP / conversation EVER takes place.

They keep to themselves and seem like they dont wanna rp with you, I guess its cause you dont have 5k xp, but they rob me, since im in there 'turf'.

Non - Lifers vs Lifers.

You have two set's of people who play,

Non - Lifers, who have the ability to play this all day and night and love to play this because they are top dog. Because 80% of people dont have 10hours a day to grind to get all the cars, houses, business'...etc AND develop there gang. 

Big gangs want Non - Lifers with alot of $$$$$$$$ and wealth. Why? Makes it almost impossible for anyone to contend.

Non - Lifers and Non - Lifer gangs have unlimited supplys compared to the new players who are trying to start new gangs.

YOU NEVER SEE NEW GANGS, WHY? BECAUSE THE NON - LIFER GANGS MAKE SURE THAT THEY GET DESTROYED / ANNOYED SO PEOPLE LEAVE. 

You could count on your fingers the active gangs. Most of the players on the server are just noobs running around trying to figure things out / grind. 

No one is actually RPING, especially not Lifers.

Lifers, people who play a couple hours a day / on weekends / holidays. ARE THE MAJORITY. 

Lifers, have the crazy challenge of trying to start rp situations, gangs, grind money, and avoiding the gangs from getting robbed for no reason other than the guy wants to feel good about himself. Alot of the time people are robbing just for the 'thrill' / bully.

All I see on this server, is one hell of a grind to get nowhere. That's why all my characters are criminals. Because there nothing else to do, unless you wanna drive a postman truck around and gamble it all away at tequilalala.

You'll only ever get approached by a gang if you have wealth to show. 

If you consider starting a gang and nobody knows you, good luck with that, your gonna get bullied until your gang disbands, like the other HUNDRED GANGS BEFORE YOU.

Hot fix ; 

BOOOST ECONOMY SO PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY FUCKING ROLEPLAY AND DONT HAVE TO GRIND FOR FUCKING HOURS AND HOURS BEFORE THEY CAN ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING.

MAYBE PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY WANNA PLAY MORE AND EVERYTHING WILL BECOME MORE ENJOYABLE. PEOPLE WILL PLAY JOBS TO RP, EVER THINK OF THAT ONE? 😛

Another thing, big gangs fear rping your little gangs into doing certain things and if they dont its war. Like, this server is legit just a buntch of non - lifers at the top making sure they control everything and if not, they can go to war. Fix your shit lol. Get a actual economy going, everyone is poor as shit and has nothing.

• Like 6

All the old timers, ei, admins and players that have been around forever, will never want an economy change, why? ;

1. They wanna keep control and dont want other people on there level.

Only reason I see. Boosting economy would only have a good impact. Creating more roleplay. More people would join (Lifers), more gangs would be created, therefore more rp.

Hello! Just wanted to put my two cents in on this post. Roleplay is what you make it, you can't really rely/assume others will be putting in the same effort you want to. When I first joined the server a year ago I grinded out money truck job until I got enough exp to join EMS. From then, I was there for 8 months constantly increasing my rp and creating my own style on things. I worked on my in game connections, tried to be as social as possible, and started working on multiple side gigs to increase both my rp and other rp in the server. 

I noticed not a lot of people were using the furniture store or noticed any businesses for decorating houses so I went ahead and roleplayed making my own business, advertising, and making connections with that! Interior decorating has by far made me more money than any script job in the server, and it was all because I put my mind towards doing that rp. There were some jobs I have 200k plus on the tip alone.  At the end of the day, it does come down to the work you put forth. While yes it may take some time, the rp and situations you have on eclipse are what you make it.

After time doing EMS and interior decorating I decided to try yet another style of rp that was new to starting (wouldn't say it was completely new like no one ever did it before but it was a trend that was starting up again at this point). There were many strip clubs opening up so I figured I'd try putting my character into that kind of roleplay, and again, I made a huge amount of cash. More in one night than a weeks works paycheck from EMS. And I did long hours there. 

Poker was another way I made good money in the server. Not a script job, but a fun way to learn how to outsmart others and make some connections through gambling. 

TLDR; Roleplay is what you make of it. If you don't want to do the script or faction jobs, create stuff for yourself! Even if you can't create complete new jobs, spice up the ones you have in script or factions. I gave out special lollipops for my patients, I became know as the lollipop medic. Do stuff that makes you stand out. I met a taxi driver that had a karaoke competition that would pay back riders that won his contest (one of the most memorable and fun times I had even though the ride was like 5 minutes).

• Like 5

I am curious how exactly y'all think boosting economy would create more roleplay. The only thing that needs to happen to create more roleplay are for people to be willing to create and engage in roleplay. If your focused on winning through having money then boosting economy isn't going to change that.

I have been on this server for over a year and I have never ONCE had more than 150k to my name. And I also have never once felt like my lack of money has effected my ability to roleplay. 

I understand the OP original argument of being bored but I think saying it's all due to money is ridiculous. There are those that are here to rob and shoot that's a matter of fact we have all met them. But there are those who are here to roleplay. Just need to step up and offer quality roleplay and you'll find the ones willing to offer it back. 

The only thing limiting people from starting gangs, doing RP, etc is the limits of their patience and creativity. If you want to start a gang, start an interesting rp storyline, go do it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Seas

Exacly, I find alot of people though, no matter how much effort I put in, nobody is trying to RP, I cound mention other servers for example, but I think they ban if you mention a name. 

Anyways, I see where you think I rely / assume on other players, but RP does goes both ways, im not gonna /me to myself. LOL. 

Any RP I think happens only at specific times, meetings, meds, cops, other than that there isn't much actual rp going on, everyones running around grinding. Why? Because they have to, they dont have the means to do anything carefree, like alot of bigger / more developed players. Its just about getting the majority on a level where they own a house and a car and it doesnt take 40+ hours of a grind farming / getting lucky at tequiallala.

@krooks365

Ive been looking for a long time for the rp players that give back, kinda touches to what @seas said, but people arn't, especially if you have 'New player' over your head for 2 weeks. 

No one listens, no one cares, why? You dont have anything to offer. If you dont think wealth has anything to do with how people treat you, rp with you...etc Than you've been playing a

different server. Maybe its because your a woman aswell, def easier to get things done in a game like this. Sorry, but its true..

All im trying to state is that for the average player, the majority, they have to grind 10's of hours, and nobody has that kind of time unless your a non - lifer. 

10's of hours just to get a car and a house to FINALLY be able to play properly. 

You dont see all the new players pretending there bums ... etc Even though they all are icly, right?

Ive tried starting a gang as a new player, doesn't work, no one gives a shit because you have nothing to offer. lmao

On this server people need items and wealth to roleplay properly because other players have items and wealth and will use that to there advantage. 

Imagine if more new players had the tools of wealth, to be able to give there new friends / 'new players', knifes, bats, warreners, you know help each other out, but also being able to roleplay with items. It would make the server more focused on actually roleplaying properly and creating cool events...etc 

Because the focus of majority of players is wealth. Which is part of the roleplay, but everything is about the grind its fkn annoying.

You need money for everything.

• Like 1

I dont get what you mean becose alot of gangs baisicly have strict rules that are applied to geting a new recruit me myself have been in multiple organisastions and it isnt easy to get in to one as it would be realisiticly i have been in the town for a half a year and  i have acumilated a house 1 race car and a bike and a lowrider whilist having many charges and shotouts take place so i dont get what you mean if you wana come in town and be reach in a month it would take all of the fun away of being on top as you already put in the work and efort 

don't agree with boosting the economy at all, although i do think the robbery is incredibly obnoxious, zetas are the main abusers of this, they will take your vehicle every single robbery, leave you stranded without a phone, and hair. there is no way to face the zetas, creating a new gang is possible, and is not reliant on money, although you will face many problems against the zetas/triads, if you want power and money you have to make risks, making drugs is not difficult, at all, i have never ran with a gang for making drugs, i am always solo and i get robbed CONSTANTLY, within my first montish of the server i was able to buy a dominator, elegy retro custom, and a bf400 (all maxed) and multiple guns inbetween, just spend more time in the server and make some connections, and revist this post. 👌

@jefree rp doesn't just have to be with /me and /do it can be with the actions you take, way you present your character, the things that define you or what you do. The only /me and /do commands I did for the furniture business is when I have people sign contracts with me. The rest is simply my interactions with them verbally and the furniture I place.

The stripping was a lot of /me and /do from both sides however I put myself in places where people were wanting to rp on both sides.

Just gotta find the place that allows you to have fun 🙂

I have to disagree. 

You don't need money for everything. You don't need to have XP or money to engage in quality rp and you don't need to be a female either. All you need is patience and creativity. I pour most of my rp time into a storyline that makes me 0.00 money. If anything it COSTS me money. 

I am a member of a large gang that I got into by creating ic connections and roleplaying for 6 months before I could get in. Having money or items was never a barrier to me pursuing rp directions I wanted to go in. The only barrier I have ever faced was my own patience and creativity. 

Again I affirm that yes there are lots of people here who are not here to rp and yes that gets frustrating. But I recommend just getting to know people in the city honestly. I knew my character was going to be a Crim character but I didn't get to just hop on the scene create/join a gang and have it be successful. I had MONTHS of building connections and just meeting people in the city. As I met people I was able to figure out who was there to rp and who wasn't and adjust my play to interact with those who were there to rp more and less to those who weren't. 

well this might get me a bit in trouble but ecrpr has a cops and robbers kind of vibe. also ussually voice chat rps are a bit diferent than chat only rps therefore it does become a bit more dificult to engage into rp when u start off, but once you get to know people it becomes easier to engage into rp

• Upvote 1

Ive been actively playing on ECRP since September 2018 and from my experience its way easier to make money now than before, at least for a law abiding citizen. Everybody is a nobody or "random" until you make something of yourself. You cant expect everything to come to you and people to just want to instantly become friends with you out of nowhere. Scripted Factions are one of the best ways to increase your RP, meet new people and network some connections.

Money is not a huge part at all. Personally I waste all my money on cool cars, then just scrap them when I get bored to save time before I can buy a new one. As a police officer I can confidently say 99% of people play only for the RP and fun, not the wealth that comes with it. There have been times where the script that allows us to get payed had broken, but nobody cared, tons  officers still came online for long hours and played like normal.

On this server you can walk up to a random person and start up a long conversation that can lead to various RP situations.

Think of it like this: If you are a random person that just immigrated to a city where you know nobody, walk into the "hood" of people that look like gangmembers and try to speak to them, they will tell you to fuck off. Its not about money, they simply don't know you. There are lots of events where everyone is welcome, which are a great opportunity to meet people.

The excuse that you cant start a gang because people don't join or care is also not very accurate. The most well known gang on the server started off with nothing and nobody (with less than 150 people online on average everyday), there are hundreds of hours put into these gangs by the people involved to get them to the level you see.

• Upvote 2

I disagree with the majority of the original post, might make an effort reply later if I feel like it.

However, I do agree with the notion that this server is mainly cops and robbers based. This isn't to say it's a ''bad'' thing, but it's far from the promised holy land of hardcore RP. From my personal experience, most people just want to shoot each other.

Now this isn't to say that good RP doesn't exist. After I was banned for a few months and came back I couldn't really go back to my past job, so I decided to do some freelance work, selling and buying assets in the city, hanging out with friends, talking about current state of things, etc... I like this type of RP and have no issue with it, in fact. I don't think I've fired my weapon a single time since I've come back into the city. 

Onward to the solution. How do we fix these ''issues'' ?

Well, from the time I've taken to think about this throughout my time playing on this server, the solution would come from the moment you start on the server, the quiz, specifically the way in which we let people on the server. 

Currently, Eclipse is advertised as a hardcore RP server, but the way we let people in seems to be faulty. Now, I have no data or direct knowledge on how this process works. But, I can base the following argument on the appeals and reports I see on the forums. There seems to be a lot of new players who get on the server and for some reason or another have no idea how to RP. The staff usually combats this really really well. They kick them or ban them and ask them to repeat the quiz, etc.. However, what I would suggest is that the punishments for not knowing how to RP at all are a lot more severe. The reason behind this is because we want to be a Hardcore RP server, not a light-medium RP server. We shouldn't be trying to be the first stop for a new person getting into RP and we shouldn't be teaching people basic RP skills like simple /mes and /dos, these should be lessons learned in lighter RP servers on RAGE/FIVEM or even SAMP. We want to cultivate a player base that is already knowledgeable on basic RP skills so we can focus on developing an actual ''hardcore RP server''.

The above point brings me to the next suggestion. Do. Market. Research.

I don't know how else to put this,  one of the most basic steps of any business is market research. This involves competitors too. What are they doing that I like and can use for myself, etc... Simply put, one of the biggest competitors for eclipse (not gonna mention names, cause fuck getting banned) has quite a high RP standard, you can spend hours talking to people or at an event and very little of the focus there is on shooting people, although such scenarios definitely exist. One of the reasons they are able to do this is because they have a very strict entry requirement. They also allow for a lot more flexible script support to create businesses and gangs, and have a self sustaining economy (hopefully the new update will make this aspect similar in eclipse).

My point isn't to say ''Eclipse sucks, just go somewhere else'', but it's an outside perspective from a person that loves this server and wonders why some of these excellent functions and RP enhancing qualities these other servers have aren't getting used here. 

There's a lot I want to say, but these are just my raw thoughts, I would be willing to discuss this with anyone. At the end of the day I want this server to increase it's RP quality, be stricter with the players they let in and use and improve existing ideas from other servers, ultimately making this server better. 

Also a bit of transparency and update on what is being worked on would be nice, we aren't running a secret community here guys, you already operate the largest server on RAGE and you probably have some of the most loyal players around, I'm sure they would love to have bi-weekly or monthly devblogs talking about new functions, rules, changes, etc.. 😛

8 hours ago, jefree said:

I think all of these points are valid, making money is extremely hard, especially for new players, your pretty much running around the map for the first like 10 - 20 hours, wondering what to do, testing things out. You only get 1500$ every hour witch is literally NOTHING in this game.

I understand you have to grind...etc But having to play 1 hour of a video game for 5000 - 10000$ - doing mining, farming or whatever, is bullshit and its not really a roleplay server, more of a money get robbed simulator.

Since ive been playing, I dont have any 5000xp characters yet - but since ive been playing, couple weeks now, ive NEVER been approached by a gang, or had ANY gang rp whatsoever.

Ive went to grove street, drug labs, hung around tequialla, I ALWAYS get robbed, and no real RP / conversation EVER takes place.

They keep to themselves and seem like they dont wanna rp with you, I guess its cause you dont have 5k xp, but they rob me, since im in there 'turf'.

Non - Lifers vs Lifers.

You have two set's of people who play,

Non - Lifers, who have the ability to play this all day and night and love to play this because they are top dog. Because 80% of people dont have 10hours a day to grind to get all the cars, houses, business'...etc AND develop there gang. 

Big gangs want Non - Lifers with alot of $$$$$$$$ and wealth. Why? Makes it almost impossible for anyone to contend.

Non - Lifers and Non - Lifer gangs have unlimited supplys compared to the new players who are trying to start new gangs.

YOU NEVER SEE NEW GANGS, WHY? BECAUSE THE NON - LIFER GANGS MAKE SURE THAT THEY GET DESTROYED / ANNOYED SO PEOPLE LEAVE. 

You could count on your fingers the active gangs. Most of the players on the server are just noobs running around trying to figure things out / grind. 

No one is actually RPING, especially not Lifers.

Lifers, people who play a couple hours a day / on weekends / holidays. ARE THE MAJORITY. 

Lifers, have the crazy challenge of trying to start rp situations, gangs, grind money, and avoiding the gangs from getting robbed for no reason other than the guy wants to feel good about himself. Alot of the time people are robbing just for the 'thrill' / bully.

All I see on this server, is one hell of a grind to get nowhere. That's why all my characters are criminals. Because there nothing else to do, unless you wanna drive a postman truck around and gamble it all away at tequilalala.

You'll only ever get approached by a gang if you have wealth to show. 

If you consider starting a gang and nobody knows you, good luck with that, your gonna get bullied until your gang disbands, like the other HUNDRED GANGS BEFORE YOU.

Hot fix ; 

BOOOST ECONOMY SO PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY FUCKING ROLEPLAY AND DONT HAVE TO GRIND FOR FUCKING HOURS AND HOURS BEFORE THEY CAN ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING.

MAYBE PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY WANNA PLAY MORE AND EVERYTHING WILL BECOME MORE ENJOYABLE. PEOPLE WILL PLAY JOBS TO RP, EVER THINK OF THAT ONE? 😛

Another thing, big gangs fear rping your little gangs into doing certain things and if they dont its war. Like, this server is legit just a buntch of non - lifers at the top making sure they control everything and if not, they can go to war. Fix your shit lol. Get a actual economy going, everyone is poor as shit and has nothing.

I agree! I have seen servers where you actually get to pick your financial situation and have a lot more freedom with it. Maybe someday I will try to get unbanned if they do that or boost the economy. Thanks for replying!

7 hours ago, krooks365 said:

I have to disagree. 

You don't need money for everything. You don't need to have XP or money to engage in quality rp and you don't need to be a female either. All you need is patience and creativity. I pour most of my rp time into a storyline that makes me 0.00 money. If anything it COSTS me money. 

I am a member of a large gang that I got into by creating ic connections and roleplaying for 6 months before I could get in. Having money or items was never a barrier to me pursuing rp directions I wanted to go in. The only barrier I have ever faced was my own patience and creativity. 

Again I affirm that yes there are lots of people here who are not here to rp and yes that gets frustrating. But I recommend just getting to know people in the city honestly. I knew my character was going to be a Crim character but I didn't get to just hop on the scene create/join a gang and have it be successful. I had MONTHS of building connections and just meeting people in the city. As I met people I was able to figure out who was there to rp and who wasn't and adjust my play to interact with those who were there to rp more and less to those who weren't. 

I see where you are coming from with this. The only issue I have is that it is hard to pull that off in my opinion. When I used to log on and play it was just the same old same old. People at the bank, robbers everywhere else. There was no way for me to think up a cool business to run (I also had no guidance as how to properly make a business and there also was not any guidance online so I just didn't get the chance). Maybe that is just me though

5 hours ago, punched said:

Ive been actively playing on ECRP since September 2018 and from my experience its way easier to make money now than before, at least for a law abiding citizen. Everybody is a nobody or "random" until you make something of yourself. You cant expect everything to come to you and people to just want to instantly become friends with you out of nowhere. Scripted Factions are one of the best ways to increase your RP, meet new people and network some connections.

Money is not a huge part at all. Personally I waste all my money on cool cars, then just scrap them when I get bored to save time before I can buy a new one. As a police officer I can confidently say 99% of people play only for the RP and fun, not the wealth that comes with it. There have been times where the script that allows us to get payed had broken, but nobody cared, tons  officers still came online for long hours and played like normal.

On this server you can walk up to a random person and start up a long conversation that can lead to various RP situations.

Think of it like this: If you are a random person that just immigrated to a city where you know nobody, walk into the "hood" of people that look like gangmembers and try to speak to them, they will tell you to fuck off. Its not about money, they simply don't know you. There are lots of events where everyone is welcome, which are a great opportunity to meet people.

The excuse that you cant start a gang because people don't join or care is also not very accurate. The most well known gang on the server started off with nothing and nobody (with less than 150 people online on average everyday), there are hundreds of hours put into these gangs by the people involved to get them to the level you see.

I understand this, but it seems like the people that are giving replies like this are the people that are already rich (who never had to work hard for it because they have been in the server for a long time, before everything was inflated and competitive (ex: houses)). 

7 hours ago, krooks365 said:

I have to disagree. 

This is legit but a lot of people so far are missing one of the biggest points I made, the Realistic part. It seems like the Eclipse Staff tries so hard to make it realistic by using real work hours, realistic prices (for selling stuff like ores), and other things to make the game more grindy like real life. But the problem is that a GTA server cannot achieve a 100% Realistic experience. Therefore it just does not work. Here is what I mean. The robbers are the greatest example. Most people who rob on Eclipse would never rob in real life, so technically they are breaking Fear RP. Imagine the adrenaline you would get robbing somebody in real life. It is still just a GTA server. A video game. The eclipse staff will never achieve the fully realistic hardcore RP server that they want. It is impossible and then mixture of realism and non realism just ruins it and makes the game a giant pit with an economic tug of war inside. 

Edited by PickleBean17

8 hours ago, jefree said:

Imagine if more new players had the tools of wealth, to be able to give there new friends / 'new players', knifes, bats, warreners, you know help each other out, but also being able to roleplay with items. It would make the server more focused on actually roleplaying properly and creating cool events...etc 

Because the focus of majority of players is wealth. Which is part of the roleplay, but everything is about the grind its fkn annoying.

Pretty much. It is fully based on money. There is no way in hell the business people who replied started it for free. Like I said, Eclipse RP is literally just a strict version of GTA online. That is all it is. I am having so much more fun on regular online now. 

The whole "create your own story and make money that way" thing is kinda bogus. Only because from my experience on the server, that wasn't even possible. Eclipse literally does not permit that. It is too cops and robbers based. I like whoever said that by the way. The mods need to step in and rebalance everything and revisit a lot of things. I am currently banned and based on what happened I don't think appealing is possible (yes, my fault). But, here is what they should revist:

1. Inflation (mainly with buildings and cars). Hey, if they want to be realistic about it, maybe they could make a "bill" or an "act" that suspends or promotes something economic in order to fix the inflation of property. Create a new deal or something!

2. Wages (LSC I am looking at you!) MAKE A BILL THAT INCREASES MINIMUM WAGE!!!! 10K AN HOUR MAYBE? Here's the thing. Factions don't have budgets. I am 99% sure that the money they pay workers is auto generated for the purpose of RP. I am pretty sure. If I am wrong, then hey: scratch this off the list. Although, the owners could still raise wage and stop being greedy pigs. 

3. Gangs (Big ones, mainly. I promote small gangs). The massive gangs like the zetas, triads, etc are an extremely unrealistic size. Restrict them or break them up! Also, adding more drug labs, chop shops, or new criminal activities could lower the competition and allow new players to build up easier. 

4. No Crime Zones (This is only on here because there are a ton of loopholes with this) I honestly think most NCZs should be removed. The Bank should be one of the only ones but that would never happen. Like what the hell. Why is the DMV a NCZ??? At least tweak the rules because I could shoot my gun into the sky at a NCZ and technically it isnt a crime. 

I will tell you honest opinion. Then I come here 2-3 months ago I was like you I didint know what to do, freelance jobs looked boring bla bla bla gangs everywhere, robbing and bla bla. This ended then I choosed my RP in Eclipse, then I stoped and started to think. Then I was trying to rp something with somebody and stoped to be just random who work like you say countless hours. The thing in RP is more FUN you have moreFUN you make = RP it's like your imagination if its stops with system and only people you see around = boring. I agree with couple of things that maybe here is too much gang shit not enough PD or something like that. But it should be IC reasons to make it better, server developers cannot make somebody better and somebody not. Another thing where is 400-500 people in evenings this means you will see very different persons in one place, but more people more fun.