Goaldan

Criminal Events

Would you want this?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to implement this?

Currently we're unable to import guns which is an "IC Issue." Although we've tried to resolve it ICly, it's completely impossible. Since we cannot import guns and it's genuinely becoming impossible to play as a criminal. I'd like to suggest something similar to the weekly Sunday civilian events.

Criminal Events

> Every x day of the week there would be a new sort of weekly event for all sort of criminals to participate in.  

Examples

Some examples of different events could be payload events, where the task is to stop a cargo truck from reaching x location on the map to another spot on the map. If a gang successfully intercepted the cargo, they would receive some sort of reward. Some examples of rewards would be 

> Cash Prize - The faction would receive a cash prize that could be split up among the gang, or be deposited into the factions treasury.

> Weapon Prize - As it's impossible to get any sort of weapons, the prize could be a big shipment of weaponry and ammo. 

> Property Prize - Another thing that could improve RP would be an additional property that fits the factions RP. 

Different ideas of events

•   Cargo heist -> Intercept a shipment from merry-weather docks to paleto bay and drop the shipment off at your gangs HQ.
  •  Humane Raid -> Invade Humane lab gang by gang, whoever can retrieve x package the fastest  and take out all the guards and retrieve an experimental piece of technology that they sell to a cartel member for a cash prize. 
  •  The Illegal Businessman -> Each gang would have the chance to diplomatically talk to an illegal businessman on why he should invest into a property with their gang and affiliate with them. (He'd only choose one)

Edited by Goaldan
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

+1. This can be done very easily without any events and hard script changes. Just make the blue mafia(The Police) have to get guns like the rest of us. To buy them and transport them, not just spawn them anytime they want. This way factions could hit up the transports and get weaponry....When police have unlimited guns, it's simply non roleplay.

At any point in time you may draft up a well written proposal for alternative roleplay to be reviewed and forwarded on for potential approval of things like this. The events you see held on the server every 2 weeks are for all players regardless of affiliation and be it criminal or legal. These events are put together by the Event Team which I am a part of and a lot of time and dedication goes into this to provide something fun for everybody, with a prize that is available to all which is sponsored (as opposed to this suggestion which will just be weekly spawning of a reward out of thin air). Shall we forbid criminals from attending server wide events for something like this? Along with that, advertising an event like this would be impossible due to legality. Finally, "events" for criminals is something that has been mentioned before - completely different from a system like this - and has not gone by the wayside.

This idea seems to lack details on how it would be implemented. Things like team size limits, scheduling, etc. I would also say that most of the stated events seem better as OOC concepts rather than RP events (illegal business man ones sounds fine, but I am not sure how that is even an event).

Also, would this mean criminals are no longer able to participate in the civilian ones, since civilians clearly cannot be involved in these?  Currently the events are open to all, so it seems a bit awkward to only have events that cater to only criminals and even some to only certain criminal factions.

Idea could work, but as presented it is a -1 from me.

8 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

At any point in time you may draft up a well written proposal for alternative roleplay to be reviewed and forwarded on for potential approval of things like this. The events you see held on the server every 2 weeks are for all players regardless of affiliation and be it criminal or legal. These events are put together by the Event Team which I am a part of and a lot of time and dedication goes into this to provide something fun for everybody, with a prize that is available to all which is sponsored (as opposed to this suggestion which will just be weekly spawning of a reward out of thin air). Shall we forbid criminals from attending server wide events for something like this? Along with that, advertising an event like this would be impossible due to legality. Finally, "events" for criminals is something that has been mentioned before - completely different from a system like this - and has not gone by the wayside.

Hey yeah, so I'm not saying we advertise it the same way. Something like texting the "gang leaders" of an organization about an event work work just as fine. I'm not saying that criminals shouldn't be allowed to attend the civilian events as well.  

I'm also suggesting something that makes RP sense and will benefit a faction RPly for being the ones that complete the so called "criminal" events.  

1 minute ago, Goaldan said:

Hey yeah, so I'm not saying we advertise it the same way. Something like texting the "gang leaders" of an organization about an event work work just as fine. I'm not saying that criminals shouldn't be allowed to attend the civilian events as well.  

I'm also suggesting something that makes RP sense and will benefit a faction RPly for being the ones that complete the so called "criminal" events.  

So you want:

1. Prizes spawned out of thin air

2. A larger divide between civilian activities and criminal activities

3. Criminals to still be eligible to participate in server wide events where they can win a sponsored prize with absolutely zero cost to them

Sorry I cannot get behind that. I'm all for working with people as a member of the Faction Management Team to write out some really great alternative roleplay proposals and kick butt trying to get that approved, but this, apologies, is a -1 from me in it's current suggested state.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Aldarine said:

So you want:

3. Criminals to still be eligible to participate in server wide events where they can win a sponsored prize with absolutely zero cost to them

Sorry I cannot get behind that. I'm all for working with people as a member of the Faction Management Team to write out some really great alternative roleplay proposals and kick butt trying to get that approved, but this, apologies, is a -1 from me in it's current suggested state.

I never said I wanted them to be spawned out of thin air.  If a cargo truck had a shipment of guns, and it RPly got stopped. Criminals would have taken the guns, that isn't out of thin air.  It really wouldn't divide civilian and criminal activities. Criminals could still go to civilian activities, criminal activities would just be another extra thing to increase RP on the criminal side.  

5 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

So you want:

These are not just prices. We risk our own gear can get hours upon hours of prison time and it makes RPly sense. Just a reminded criminal RP is almost to nothing right now. 

Don't civilian have other activities and pro's they can do? There should be something different if civilian wants in that RP they can go illegal. If crims wanna go into the civilian RP they make go civilian and enjoy the perks of being that or even go PD and enjoy loosing nothing and getting free heavies

These are events which makes no RP sense. They are literally for fun for the server and don't add any roleplay in them ( not saying they are not fun as we all appreciate the work that's you guys are putting in it)

And on point 1. There is no influx of any heavy weaponry and barely any pistols so see that maybe as a replacement for the laptop gone 'ic issue btw' 

• Like 1

So what you saying Aldarine is you want us to create our own RP scenario helped by the staff but no prizes ? 
So im just gonna lose my last 10 pistols that i have as is no other way of buying them , i mean i honestly think you dont get our drift this time .

We are going to do the plan , present it to you etc etc but at the end give us something back , you think this is not fair ? 
Tbh we tried on so many levels to bring back criminal rp from scratch and all we get is no , not realistic , cant do 

Same problems different day

This is where alternative roleplay proposals comes into play, more than I believe you see it right now.

1. Just considering the gun shipment alone. San Andreas is a police state where the criminal to civilian population ratio is quite absurd. There are multiple incredibly well known gangs that have solid footing in the state. Now, realistically speaking, what narrow minded idiotic should be fired from their job person would drive a cargo truck full of guns through such a state without a MASSIVE police force, and I'm talking literally all of our LEOs? This is with the historical and crime rate knowledge of the state as a whole. This just wouldn't make sense and then for something like this to be part of an event - okay how many times would this crazy person drive through the state before they got the idea that hey, maybe after losing thousands of dollars in weaponry we shouldn't do this again?

2. This is a suggestion for something that would provide opportunity SPECIFICALLY to criminals with no normal legal civilian being offered the same opportunity to have an event like this that could give them a massive prize. That is what creates the divide.

3. As mentioned in point 1, consider how many different types of events you can have before it doesn't even make RP sense anymore. How many cargo shipments before people realize the idea is asinine? How many raids of Humane Labs until they RPly put electric fences around the perimeter to keep people out and maintain heavier security? Again, this is where alternative roleplay proposals are your friend because they are uncommon events that take time, effort, consideration, and a good group of people to put together and can be incredibly rewarding.

7 minutes ago, DimaDan said:

So what you saying Aldarine is you want us to create our own RP scenario helped by the staff but no prizes ? 
So im just gonna lose my last 10 pistols that i have as is no other way of buying them , i mean i honestly think you dont get our drift this time .

We are going to do the plan , present it to you etc etc but at the end give us something back , you think this is not fair ? 
Tbh we tried on so many levels to bring back criminal rp from scratch and all we get is no , not realistic , cant do 

Same problems different day

Absolutely not at all. You are able to create proposals that have proper risk / reward ratios and see if they will be approved, modified, etc. For weekly/biweekly events something like this doesn't really make sense. For occasional well written scenarios that promote good roleplay and commitment, different things can be considered but for "Every x day of the week there would be a new sort of weekly event for all sort of criminals to participate in" that's a no go from me

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

2. This is a suggestion for something that would provide opportunity SPECIFICALLY to criminals with no normal legal civilian being offered the same opportunity to have an event like this that could give them a massive prize. That is what creates the divide.

This is the reason criminals have not received an update in over a year. Not everything needs to be all inclusive, certain aspects should have unique areas to each of them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

This is the reason criminals have not received an update in over a year. Not everything needs to be all inclusive, certain aspects should have unique areas to each of them.

I am specifically referring event wise so context is important here. This ties directly into server events for criminals, server events for civilians, and server events for the entire community.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.