sophy16

Make officers pay for their equipment & alternative RP

Hello,

I think the police faction is way too overpowered. They go into fights without any fear since they don't lose any of their valuable items (guns, bodyarmor) & use that OOC knowledge so they just run into unrealistic fights, while criminals think twice before they enter any dangerous situation since they actually lose everything. Or I had a cop 2 days ago, entering a chopshop ALONE which was populated by criminals LOL.

Suggestion: every time a officer  wants to get a gun or bodyarmor, they lose money from their salary.

another problem is alternative RP: so i was told that it's okay to do RP such as "scratching off the serial number off the weapon". apparently it's not, so police got my name even though i scratched it off. could we have a strict rule about what RP situations are valid alternative rp & what not? it's really confusing, getting into police trouble every day because of this. I just had a cop inventing a rp mechanic "searching up fingerprints on a chopped drag". like what? he wanted to find fingerprints on a drag i just chopped hello? from the pieces or what? it's really confusing i don't know what to say. maybe a strict list of valid alternative RP or something idk.

thoughts?^^

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Froosy said:

Personally i think its a good thing that cops have more power. Criminal factions are already controlling like 30% of concurrent pop.

it's ok if they have more power but not fearing for their lives because they can get all the items back for free is still a problem

3 hours ago, pepijn26 said:

Osborn said that this is not gonna happen.

No, what Osborn said is cops will not be made lootable. Which I fully agree with. 

However cops really need to face at least form form of loss when dying or engaging in unrealistic situations. Currently the funds used to pay their salaries and all items/vehicle are spawned in from thin air creating literally zer sense of loss. 

I'm not sure how I feel on individual officers having to pay a fee, however both the officer and the faction as a whole should face a certain loss. 

What I believe may be a good suggestion is a set weapon budget per month that cannot be adjusted, every time a weapon is taken out with /pw this would use X of the budget. Meaning standard pistols and tazer would still be supplied freely. This would assist in preventing running in and losing weapons such as carbines, smg's, shotguns etc. I also believe there should be a cost for deploying SWAT as the armour they use is of a much higher level than the standard vest. 

At the end of the day its all about realism and balance, the average criminal faces a monetary loss of around 20-30k per death, whereas Law Enforcement loses nothing. 

And to address the elephant in the room, PD is not over powered per say, however things have highly fallen out of balance as of late. 

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

No, what Osborn said is cops will not be made lootable. Which I fully agree with. 

However cops really need to face at least form form of loss when dying or engaging in unrealistic situations. Currently the funds used to pay their salaries and all items/vehicle are spawned in from thin air creating literally zer sense of loss. 

I'm not sure how I feel on individual officers having to pay a fee, however both the officer and the faction as a whole should face a certain loss. 

What I believe may be a good suggestion is a set weapon budget per month that cannot be adjusted, every time a weapon is taken out with /pw this would use X of the budget. Meaning standard pistols and tazer would still be supplied freely. This would assist in preventing running in and losing weapons such as carbines, smg's, shotguns etc. I also believe there should be a cost for deploying SWAT as the armour they use is of a much higher level than the standard vest. 

At the end of the day its all about realism and balance, the average criminal faces a monetary loss of around 20-30k per death, whereas Law Enforcement loses nothing. 

And to address the elephant in the room, PD is not over powered per say, however things have highly fallen out of balance as of late. 

That is my post and the whole post about cops never really losing which is true.

+1, the faction treasury should take a hit for item loss.

Criminals can lose a large amount of money per death or arrest:

• Assault Rifle w/ 100x Rounds = 35k (Street Price)
  • Comet Retro Mors Fee = 5k (Roughly)
  • .50 Pistol = 4-10k (Depends on street price, 4k minimum if direct from a gunstore)
  • Radio, Bag, GPS, Food, Knife = 5k

You can easily lose 30k+ in a single death, not to mention the fines for the charges you may pick up if arrested. 
By no means should criminals be equal or have more advantages than the police department but there needs to be some form of balance.

I personally believe ammunition, weapons, armour, vehicles, gps, maps and radios should cost the faction treasury when taken out and the faction treasury can be reimbursed when the items are returned to the locker room. The faction treasury should have a realistic limit rather than an infinite one, this would prevent the overuse of super cars, SWAT deployment and the terminator mindset. Prices should be decided by the developers but should be set realistically to prevent PD from taking fights in which they have a large amount to lose with very little gain. 

Along with this I would also like to see the ability in which you can take weapons/ammunition/kevlar from PD cruisers removed, all items such as these should be taken from the PD lockers at mission row and returned to mission row at the end of the shift. If you require additional equipment the officers should return to mission row to collect it then return to situations. Alternatively you could set a limit as to what/how much items can be taken of PD cruisers during its spawn-time. Seeing officers take out a carbine with 200 rounds, kevlar vest and a pistol to then use it all, run back to their cruiser, stock up and return to the fight in a matter of seconds is ridiculous. Cruisers effectively work as a roaming armoury which is highly unrealistic. 

Edited by JakeInnit_
Spelling corrections
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, JakeInnit_ said:

• .50 Pistol = 4-10k (Depends on street price, 4k minimum if direct from a gunstore)

You can easily lose 30k+ in a single death, not to mention the fines for the charges you may pick up if arrested. 
By no means should criminals be equal or have more advantages than the police department but there needs to be some form of balance.

I personally believe ammunition, weapons, armour, vehicles, gps, maps and radios should cost the faction treasury when taken out and the faction treasury can be reimbursed when the items are returned to the locker room. The faction treasury should have a realistic limit rather than an infinite one, this would prevent the overuse of super cars, SWAT deployment and the terminator mindset. Prices should be decided by the developers but should be set realistically to prevent PD from taking fights in which they have a large amount to lose with very little gain. 

Along with this I would also like to see the ability in which you can take weapons/ammunition/kevlar from PD cruisers removed, all items such as these should be taken from the PD lockers at mission row and returned to mission row at the end of the shift. If you require additional equipment the officers should return to mission row to collect it then return to situations. Alternatively you could set a limit as to what/how much items can be taken of PD cruisers during its spawn-time. Seeing officers take out a carbine with 200 rounds, kevlar vest and a pistol to then use it all, run back to their cruiser, stock up and return to the fight in a matter of seconds is ridiculous. Cruisers effectively work as a roaming armoury which is highly unrealistic. 

I 100% agree. No matter what cops win 100% of the time because even if the criminals win the shoot out they still lost ammo and the cops lose nothing.

• Like 2

I think cops need to be overpowered and should stay the way it is. 

Why?

Gangs are currently overpowered to the max. They control everything. Some gangs are untouchable at the moment because in about a minute they can have around 50 - 100 players chasing you. 

1 minute ago, jefree said:

I think cops need to be overpowered and should stay the way it is. 

Why?

Gangs are currently overpowered to the max. They control everything. Some gangs are untouchable at the moment because in about a minute they can have around 50 - 100 players chasing you. 

This is false. IF you know anything rn you would know the gun market is being destroyed because of lack of inports. Cops never lose anything while criminals lose everything.

You dont know the right people icly if you think the gun market is being destroyed. The gangs are legit spawning in millions of dollars and guns. There infinite for them. They just have to grind for it. Cops get them given. 

If you make cops buy guns, the price of salary will also most likely have to go up, therefore, cops will value there life more..etc But it might just make gangs even more powerful.

Taking the guns away guarantees gangs getting even more of a buff. ((Especially the crazy 200 person alliance.)

Just now, jefree said:

You dont know the right people icly if you think the gun market is being destroyed. The gangs are legit spawning in millions of dollars and guns. There infinite for them. They just have to grind for it. Cops get them given. 

If you make cops buy guns, the price of salary will also most likely have to go up, therefore, cops will value there life more..etc But it might just make gangs even more powerful.

Taking the guns away guarantees gangs getting even more of a buff. ((Especially the crazy 200 person alliance.)

First off you're a clown. 

Second off, we have zero way to "spawn" in any weaponry as our only script option was removed. 

Thrid off, the only alliance to exist between "Official" criminal factions is Triads and Zetas that totals 100~ poeple as of which no more than 60 are even online at a joined time from both. 

Please do not make rash comments saying we spawn in millions and the weapons to go with it when you clearly have zero criminal experience. Most criminals live off welfare alone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

First off you're a clown. 

Second off, we have zero way to "spawn" in any weaponry as our only script option was removed. 

Thrid off, the only alliance to exist between "Official" criminal factions is Triads and Zetas that totals 100~ poeple as of which no more than 60 are even online at a joined time from both. 

Please do not make rash comments saying we spawn in millions and the weapons to go with it when you clearly have zero criminal experience. Most criminals live off welfare alone. 

Random civilians just see people with AK's and think they everyone has them.

4 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

You say that only alliance exist between Triads and Zetas, but there was a shootout yesterday at Forum Drive, where both Zetas, Triads, WCA and Ballas were against cops, they all arrived as a backup to Triads.

30 minutes ago, BrainDed said:

You say that only alliance exist between Triads and Zetas, but there was a shootout yesterday at Forum Drive, where both Zetas, Triads, WCA and Ballas were against cops, they all arrived as a backup to Triads.

Backup can exist without an alliance, the phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my is my friend" exists for a reason. 

All criminals are sick and tired of the 40+ unit law enforcement response to every scene no matter the severity + the added backup of pinging all SWAT members in discord to log in for a single scene.

This is why we band together. 

9 minutes ago, CallumMontie said:

Backup can exist without an alliance, the phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my is my friend" exists for a reason. 

All criminals are sick and tired of the 40+ unit law enforcement response to every scene no matter the severity + the added backup of pinging all SWAT members in discord to log in for a single scene.

This is why we band together. 

We all arrived to back up Triads.. from what? We were all there hanging out and having a meet and greet. 😅

1 hour ago, JakeInnit_ said:

You forgot the extra 30K in fines when cops start throwing the book at you, with the fun 4+ hour jailtime.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BrainDed said:

Right, but you cant say there is at max 60 people that are allied against cops on the server, when its clearly not true and other people actively meet up and try and ambush cops, might as well call yourself allied at that point

I said there is never more than 60 people in total between the alliance of zetas and triads, nothing else. 

Alliances are much more than just shooting a common enemy, but most people seem to ignore this and the rp that goes on in the background. 

• Upvote 1

I still believe that Police no matter what should have the upper hand compared to criminals. You have to remember that similar to criminals not all cops have access to heavy weapons. Cops also have strict guidelines they have to follow unlike criminals. It makes sense that cops have an easier time from criminals since thats how it is IRL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.