sophy16

Make officers pay for their equipment & alternative RP

Maybe bullets can have another value that will be deducted when you put the weapon back, cause those are spent but the weapons are still there. Otherwise you'd just end up with them running out of funds just for taking the weapons out for those that don't get used.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pegasus_ said:

Maybe bullets can have another value that will be deducted when you put the weapon back, cause those are spent but the weapons are still there. Otherwise you'd just end up with them running out of funds just for taking the weapons out for those that don't get used.

Piecing it all together from the last couple replies:

Each gun could have a stock cost e.g. An SMG could cost 8k to take out from /pw and will refund 8k when returbed to the /pw. 8k is significantly cheaper than the standard import price for criminals to acquire an SMG. 

Each guns ammo would also have a cost, e.g. $50 per smg bullet, (costs $65 for crim import) 

This would allow a cost to be managed per risk taken and ammo usage, ammo obviously being at greater disposal than a gun itself. 

From this it would cost the treasury:

8000 [smg] + 7500 [150 smg ammo] 

£15,500 for taking out an SMG. 

A lot less than the value of what a criminal carries, however still adds to the risk of the Faction taking a loss. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 3/23/2020 at 7:54 PM, CallumMontie said:

Each gun could have a stock cost e.g. An SMG could cost 8k to take out from /pw and will refund 8k when returbed to the /pw. 8k is significantly cheaper than the standard import price for criminals to acquire an SMG. 

Each guns ammo would also have a cost, e.g. $50 per smg bullet, (costs $65 for crim import) 

This would allow a cost to be managed per risk taken and ammo usage, ammo obviously being at greater disposal than a gun itself. 

A lot less than the value of what a criminal carries, however still adds to the risk of the Faction taking a loss. 

^ devs pls read that, it makes perfect sense?

On 3/23/2020 at 7:54 PM, CallumMontie said:

At this time, when your game crashes, you lose your heavy weapons (and kevlar while in plain clothes) so unless they fix it in someway, it is not doable.

8 hours ago, TheCactus said:

At this time, when your game crashes, you lose your heavy weapons (and kevlar while in plain clothes) so unless they fix it in someway, it is not doable.

Would require a simple coding change to retain your on duty status plus any items from /pw upon logout until you end duty. 

Why would a police officer suffer personal loss when on shift when robbed/killed?

This makes no sense whatsoever and comparing an officer's death to a criminal's is obscene.

Police officers in England and Wales to be polled on whether they ...

Look at the above image. Do you see a single item either of those officers would have paid for themselves or is not provided by their government funded workplace?

Talking about faction treasury loss makes sense to a limit. I agree that there should be a cost to withdraw weapons and a refund for returning and I do hope that one day it is implemented. However, I feel that the government should receive all the money from tickets, charges, taxes etc to help with funding this. But with this, another complaint will be made later down the line (if implemented) that criminals are being overcharged for their crimes and similar arguments.

I think we just need to move away from the mentality of losing and focus back on roleplay. RPly it makes sense for PD to have stockpiles of weapons and be "overpowered". However, it is actually the other way round. Large gangs can roam the city displaying public hostility with little to no repercussions and sometimes lose a heavy weapon for engaging in something they misjudged. If we want to focus on PD/SD taking financial losses for weapons/equipment then we also need to focus on the realism of large gangs convoying through the city fearless of cops displaying active public hostility.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MrSilky said:

Talking about faction treasury loss makes sense to a limit. I agree that there should be a cost to withdraw weapons and a refund for returning and I do hope that one day it is implemented. However, I feel that the government should receive all the money from tickets, charges, taxes etc to help with funding this. But with this, another complaint will be made later down the line (if implemented) that criminals are being overcharged for their crimes and similar arguments.

I think we just need to move away from the mentality of losing and focus back on roleplay. RPly it makes sense for PD to have stockpiles of weapons and be "overpowered". However, it is actually the other way round. Large gangs can roam the city displaying public hostility with little to no repercussions and sometimes lose a heavy weapon for engaging in something they misjudged. If we want to focus on PD/SD taking financial losses for weapons/equipment then we also need to focus on the realism of large gangs convoying through the city fearless of cops displaying active public hostility.

If we're moving away from the mentality of losing and focusing on roleplay, why not add /pw for official factions at their HQs. Realistically well established gangs would be able to arm themselves, and this would allow both sides to focus on RP and not worry about crippling losses, not just one side.

• Like 6

@MrSilky
If we would pass further than any financial losses on both the funding side and the personal side of each and every cop. How would you as a cop personally feel about having a limited amount of heavies available. Lets say for example you have 1000 heavies an OOC month ( This is a random selected number, since I have no clue how many get taken out every month ). Every time someone takes it out, it reduces the total amount of available heavies. If they put it back in the armory it increases the availability with 1 again. Would you think this is fair as a cop? So we are moving past the financial loss, since I don't think that any criminal cares about the treasury of PD or the salary that a cadet gets. 

What needs to be scriptly changed would be that someone has to get a heavy from the Armory and Mission Row or Sherrifs Department, and that they are only available to get them from /pw in the car if they did. Once you die as a cop, that number goes down with 1 and criminals can't loot it. I do believe this would benefit the criminals standpoint, and not greatly effect the individuals within PD. Knowing that you have a limited amount of heavies, might impact the times it is used. Like you mentioned before with that picture, realistically PD does have stocked up guns but never unlimited 😉

- Jellay

Edited by Jellay
  • Like 2

The thing is almost all the officers are using heavies and they risk nothing. Have you ever seen a police department using mp5/shotgun/m4? Beside SWAT I never heard about a police department armed with those weapons. Only officers with high training use those weapons. The fact that they are using those weapons give PD so much power and they aren’t afraid of pulling in a gang HQ or going in the middle of a gang shootout because they have nothing to loose. My idea is: PD should have a budget every week to buy heavies or something like that. Free pistols during their services and a limited amount of heavies available for PD. This way, PD and criminals would be involved in better shootout and the RP quality will be better because PD will have to act carefully and set a plan before pulling in the middle of a shootout or before going to a gang HQ/territory.

Edited by Marc Tremblay
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Marc Tremblay said:

The thing is almost all the officers are using heavies and they risk nothing. Have you ever seen a police department using mp5/shotgun/m4? Beside SWAT I never heard about a police department armed with those weapons. Only officers with high training use those weapons. The fact that they are using those weapons give PD so much power and they aren’t afraid of pulling in a gang HQ or going in the middle of a gang shootout because they have nothing to loose. My idea is: PD should have a budget every week to buy heavies or something like that. Free pistols during their services and a limited amount of heavies available for PD. This way, PD and criminals would be involved in better shootout and the RP quality will be better because PD will have to act carefully and set a plan before pulling in the middle of a shootout or before going to a gang HQ/territory.

Many police departments in the US utilize the M4 when officers are certified for those weapons. 

20 hours ago, Marc Tremblay said:

- Many police departments in the US use heavy weaponry. You can see many officers with carbines/MP5 locked into their police bikes and 3/4 have a shotgun in the central rack of their cruiser.

- Let's not compare real life with a Roleplay server or we are going nowhere. You ride motorbikes with AKs on your back and we adapt.

- If someone walks into an HQ without fearing for his character's life, use forum reports. This is not the place.

Please use the section as it is meant to be used. If we all start talking nonsense and comparing a roleplay server to opinions about real life (because you did not state facts yet) the suggestion isn't gonna go far.

Edited by TheCactus

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.