WobblierDog15

Ability to use drugs, new way to sell them, addiction system

I feel drug running RP is kind of stale. It's simply you go to a drug lab, make the drugs, then sell them at one of the drop off points. I feel a way to improve this is to give the players the ability to use drugs for temporary boosts. Some examples:

LSD: Increases your health by 15 (200 max)

Cocaine: Increases inventory space by 15, (50 max)

Giving drugs a benefit would help introduce drug sale RP. Someone could RP as a drug dealer and sell drugs to other players in secluded areas, alleyways for example. This would also introduce drug sale busts by detectives at the LSPD. They could set up stint operations against drug dealers (Giving drug dealing some sort of risk). I also think a way to keep the drug use system from becoming too overpowered would be to include an addiction system. The more you use a drug, the more addicted you become. If you're addicted to a drug, you would need to use more of that drug to get the same effect. The effect will be reduced the more addicted you are. You would use methadone to get rid of an addiction, which I also think the price of methadone should be slightly raised, so it's not that easy to get it. If anyone has any more ideas on how to make this system more balanced, reply with your idea. I know this idea sounds complicated but I would like to hear your feedback. Thanks for reading

Edit:

I also think all the legal factions should have some kind of command to administer drug tests (Not just EMS). They could RP it however they like, weather it be a blood sample or pee in a cup. The purpose of this would be for applicants attempting to get a job or it can be administered regularly to employees to ensure they’re clean. If a player uses a drug, it’s in their system for 5 IRL days, when I say in their system I don’t mean where it’s giving them the effects. If you get tested and you used any type of drug(s) less then 5 days ago, you’ll come back as positive. Thought I should add another way this addition could introduce more RP.

Edited by WobblierDog15
Had something to add
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@SamuelGunn I totally agree, drugs should be limited in some way so the value of them stays high. Thanks for your addition. One way this could work is if they changed the time it takes for the ingredients to refresh, could be like every 45 min. I believe it’s currently 15 min.

Edited by WobblierDog15

Definitely something that could be looked at. Crim RP on our server is sometimes limited and a true reinvisioning of the drug system could substantially increase the experience of the criminal nature of our server. I think drugs giving super or extra anything is a dangerous game to start playing that could be seriously abused but also a costly game that some may want to play.

On 12/29/2019 at 12:02 AM, WobblierDog15 said:

I feel drug running RP is kind of stale. It's simply you go to a drug lab, make the drugs, then sell them at one of the drop off points. I feel a way to improve this is to give the players the ability to use drugs for temporary boosts. Some examples:

LSD: Increases your health by 15 (200 max)

Cocaine: Increases inventory space by 15, (50 max)

Giving drugs a benefit would help introduce drug sale RP. Someone could RP as a drug dealer and sell drugs to other players in secluded areas, alleyways for example. This would also introduce drug sale busts by detectives at the LSPD. They could set up stint operations against drug dealers (Giving drug dealing some sort of risk). I also think a way to keep the drug use system from becoming too overpowered would be to include an addiction system. The more you use a drug, the more addicted you become. If you're addicted to a drug, you would need to use more of that drug to get the same effect. The effect will be reduced the more addicted you are. You would use methadone to get rid of an addiction, which I also think the price of methadone should be slightly raised, so it's not that easy to get it. If anyone has any more ideas on how to make this system more balanced, reply with your idea. I know this idea sounds complicated but I would like to hear your feedback. Thanks for reading

Edit:

I also think all the legal factions should have some kind of command to administer drug tests (Not just EMS). They could RP it however they like, weather it be a blood sample or pee in a cup. The purpose of this would be for applicants attempting to get a job or it can be administered regularly to employees to ensure they’re clean. If a player uses a drug, it’s in their system for 5 IRL days, when I say in their system I don’t mean where it’s giving them the effects. If you get tested and you used any type of drug(s) less then 5 days ago, you’ll come back as positive. Thought I should add another way this addition could introduce more RP.

+1 

there are no drugs on the street

there are no benefits from taking them - they should have some sort of small perk buff or edge that they give 
to make an increased demand for drugs on the street
( there is little to no demand on the street )

PS i like the drug test idea that's a good one haha. 

+1 

Edited by Jimmy DiPetro

+1 would be interesting to see drugs give boosts and then the following withdrawal giving some negative perks. Would definitely create more interactions and people would actually want to get some drugs rather than all the drugs being dropped at drop off points for cash. Considering drug labs do get taken out once in a while, would really raise the price of them on the streets rather than drop offs.

Additionally, why not allow for people to buy the drugs from a drug drop off point for a higher price than the drop off buys them. That way people could either go buy some drugs from a location OR people could buy them and go around selling them.

I am just all for more options for criminals to do.

I'm absolutely in support of drug use being looked at and revamped with realistic small buffs and drawbacks. I personally don't agree with the ones suggested (extra health/inventory) but if there was a way to promote selling of drugs to players (not in place of drug drop offs, those should stay) then it would open an avenue of criminal roleplay and give players more things to partake in.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.