Luxas

Minimum payment for truckers

There needs to be some kind of minimum payment for truckers, shops are taking advantage of this.

For example - 70000 fuel takes about 50-60 minutes each way, so thats 2 hours IRL time +the driving time of probably 10 minutes, and the shop is allowed to only pay 1k for this?

I know there is the whole WELL DON'T TAKE THE JOB IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PAY people, but it's a in-game job that should be about making money. 

Jobs should have a minimum payment, so if it takes:

5-10 minutes - 1k minimum

10-25 minutes - 2k minimum

25-40 minutes - 4k minimum

1 hour - 5k minimum

1 hour+ - 7k minimum

At least give truckers an incentive to actually work.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

+1

Maybe even have it based on a percentage. If the said products have a worth of 300k maybe have a commission of 5-1% making they payout 15-3k instead of these jobs where you get roped in getting only paid 1k for a job that take 30 minutes or more. Over all it is obvious some store owners are grossly under paying the truckers and as it stands newer player that get their CDL or that aren't super familiar with how long the jobs will take get constantly taken advantage of.

Edited by Sineye

To back this up - this shop below is basically as far north as it gets for a trucker.. so easy 10 minute drive from and to the depot.

Untitled-min.png.ef8c4fdc97c1aa6e1a24e911569f13dd.png

So 20 minutes for driving and then probably 15 minutes filling up and unloading for 1k each time?

A shop that is 5 miles from city shouldn't be allowed to only pay 1k per delivery.

• Like 1

I agree its a good idea, but understand that by forcing stores to pay more for trucking, your going to see increased prices of products as store owners try to recoup costs. 

My advice is use the CB radio and communicate with other truckers, and don't go! I realize its hard, but that's the only way you will ge shop owners to pay more.

21 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

I agree its a good idea, but understand that by forcing stores to pay more for trucking, your going to see increased prices of products as store owners try to recoup costs. 

My advice is use the CB radio and communicate with other truckers, and don't go! I realize its hard, but that's the only way you will ge shop owners to pay more.

That couldn't work though. If the knowledgeable truckers see the jobs are like this they aren't going to sit around in their truck all day long to warn those that don't know any better with the CB. It just isn't doable. I'm not saying it needs to be some ridiculous amount but you should be almost making more in welfare than you do trucking. That is just insane and shouldn't be a thing. 

All this not to say there is not the occasional job that is good but majority of times it is absolute garbage like this.

https://imgur.com/a/nrqADae

Edited by Sineye

well trip from depot to my store is 10mins by truck, shipments are about 5mins to load and unload... i generally pay 2-3k each trip sooo i think im paying fair considering 50% of the time its a criminal that im paying, if i could hire a singular trucker to haul for me when i need him to, i would pay more knowing hes not a crook!

In reality, from the way the system is built I believe that the owner of the general store gets to choose how much to pay the trucker for the goods even if the store is on the other side of the map in paleto bay? To some extent I think it is realistic as the owner sets how much he will pay for those goods to be delivered and it’s your job to decide whether you will take the job yourself and deliver it OR someone else will do it for the sake of it. Like other comments were saying here that they pay more as they understand what a trucker has to go through, however, i do not believe it should be limited to paying low to truckers. The job itself is competitive and it is up to you what you would like to deliver for what prices.

+1 this however, I do feel if we are going for what @dawpi is saying maybe had bidding wars. Truckers can bid on jobs and attempt to win it by offering the best price. Would make trucking overall more enjoyable and provide more RP. It would also open the options of people doing trucking companies within the trucking job. Like contacting business owners and offering them a flat rate for the job and a phone number to call when they need deliveries.

+1

• Minimum pay should be based on store distance from the nearest depot as well as the amount of an item ordered.
  • More depot's should be added.
  • Not sure why they don't, or if they do, but Store owners should translate their shipping costs into their product cost.
    • It's a way to give back to the truckers with minimal impact to the overall cost.
    • Buy 100 food, charge $410 instead of $400, give that trucker an extra 1k. Doubt anyone is going to go elsewhere to save a whole $10.

Just add NPC orders to various stores that give these prices and let player owned stores choose their own pricing still.  PC players would then need to compete with the NPCs for prices.  It doesn't help that the trucking job is basically dead most of the time and people who like the job just take whatever is there (or don't know any better).

$1,000 per delivery is insanely bad, but that is almost what is always offered currently.

I feel that the change to the truckers job was really nice RP wise, as it created an actual demand for truckers to do deliveries.

But on the other hand, it has led to this, deliveries paying out the minimum amount no matter the thing being delivered.

Personally i think the old system was better, but while it would be easy for the devs to change it back, i would like to see the current system improved.

* Add a standard pay - The previous system was based on cargo and distance, so why not force the shops to pay an amount set by the script OR enter their own amount (which would have to be higher)

* Add fake deliveries - Just have the previous system that was basically fake deliveries to locations, just this time it would be visible in the job selection screen. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.