QuirkyMayhem

Option to delete characters

There should be an option to be able to delete your characters.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

I know the server would lose out on money a little money, A way around that is maybe cutting down to one free character slot.

On the upside gives us players a chance to delete the characters we no longer use or characters we're just not happy with, this also gives new players more name options, what i mean by this is that certain names are taken up, a lot are because of unused characters.

Just a thought  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Edited by QuirkyMayhem
spellcheck
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

+1 deleting characters should be a thing and no server wouldn't lose since people aren't deleting characters they use so still people would need extra slots.,,or make it a service (250 credits for example to delete a char and free up the slot)

Edited by Amaim
  • Like 1

+1, but it would need some sort of admin/staff assistance, only adding more to their plate.

Here’s a solution I propose:

Character deletions should require staff approval similar to Transfer Requests. There should be a valid, IC or OOC, reason for deletion of the character. The character should have 0 assets, as to prevent properties or vehicles from being lost and unusable.

There’s probably a reason that it’s not implemented, but a good suggestion nonetheless.

44 minutes ago, Jason_Shen said:

+1, but it would need some sort of admin/staff assistance, only adding more to their plate.

Character deletions should require staff approval similar to Transfer Requests. There should be a valid, IC or OOC, reason for deletion of the character. The character should have 0 assets, as to prevent properties or vehicles from being lost and unusable.

There’s probably a reason that it’s not implemented, but a good suggestion nonetheless.

+1 doing it this way makes sense

3 hours ago, Jason_Shen said:

No need, a simple button with a cascade effect where deleting the char will automatically delete all it's assets out of existence and such reason would simple be CK which any player has the right to do.

+1 

Or at least make it so the ability to delete a character lasts until the New Player status ends. 

I know it's more work for the admin but perhaps having an extra subforum for character removal. There you could request character deletion with why and the Admin could approve or deny it to stop the feature being abused. 

10 hours ago, Azphelle said:

+1 

Or at least make it so the ability to delete a character lasts until the New Player status ends. 

I know it's more work for the admin but perhaps having an extra subforum for character removal. There you could request character deletion with why and the Admin could approve or deny it to stop the feature being abused. 

How can it be abused?

7 minutes ago, Amaim said:

How can it be abused?

Abuse was probably a strong word. However all characters appear on the Panel with their stats , cars, etc but also the admin log for each character. If someone deletes a character because they messed up too many times, would the log be deleted too? 

If they're a somewhat established character that decides they RP'd wrong and wants to start again, would they bother going through the trouble of getting permission to transfer assets or would they be tempted to RWT it to their alt or new character? 

There's just a lot of factors to consider. However I still stand by either letting New Players yeet their mistake character or having a character removal subforum. 

Edited by Azphelle
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Azphelle said:

Abuse was probably a strong word. However all characters appear on the Panel with their stats , cars, etc but also the admin log for each character. If someone deletes a character because they messed up too many times, would the log be deleted too? 

If they're a somewhat established character that decides they RP'd wrong and wants to start again, would they bother going through the trouble of getting permission to transfer assets or would they be tempted to RWT it to their alt or new character? 

There's just a lot of factors to consider. However I still stand by either letting New Players yeet their mistake character or having a character removal subforum. 

I think the admin logs should instead be associated with the account not the character, and the RWT part is the same case for abandoned characters so nothing new.

• Like 1

To improve the suggestion admins can create a new form of application in order for you to delete your character where you must state the reason and the future plans.

Admins should have the a way over the user panel to bring back a deleted character in case of a hack or bug or accident.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swattpup1989 said:

@Azphelle So I think you misunderstand RWT. RWT is Real World Trading, such as trading your cash for money via paypal or whatever.

Also most people who decide to start over ask for the transfer due to that stuff is monitored and bannable. 

I understand what RWT is, but I am using it in the context of the server rules.  They class RWT as the trading of in-game items without IC reason or going through the proper protocol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amaim said:

No need, a simple button with a cascade effect where deleting the char will automatically delete all it's assets out of existence and such reason would simple be CK which any player has the right to do.

So what happens when all the properties and vehicles are deleted out of existence? Do we just shut the server down at that point? Do we put up all the assets for sale based off their scripted value?

Deleting their assets out of existence wouldn’t be beneficial to the server.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jason_Shen said:

So what happens when all the properties and vehicles are deleted out of existence? Do we just shut the server down at that point? Do we put up all the assets for sale based off their scripted value?

Deleting their assets out of existence wouldn’t be beneficial to the server.

What do you mean? why would that happen? not all people would delete their characters and for vehicles yes just delete it out of existence for properties like real estate it should be auctioned or smth or set it's market price for anyone to buy it IG.

• Like 1

Just now, Amaim said:

What do you mean? why would that happen? not all people would delete their characters and for vehicles yes just delete it out of existence for properties like real estate it should be auctioned or smth or set it's market price for anyone to buy it IG.

Ok, that makes more sense. Thank you for clarifying.

• Like 2

It would be a good idea, however, like multiple comments above said that it has to be strictly monitored and even maybe approved or done by the Administrators. For example, it would be something like transfer requests, however, if it is approved an Administrator would just remove/kill the character and that would be it. +1.

• Like 1

- A lot of people create characters early on, and end up not liking them, or wanting them to be civilians, but make mistakes early on to get a record.
- Others create male/female characters then later decide they wish to switch sexes but can't.
- Others just abandon 1 character in favor of their second. Then have no option to create a fresh character without buying a new character slot.

I am sure there are plenty of other reasons to delete a character, that do not involve CK to void out a criminal record.
That being said, assets on these charcters should be lost, in my opinion, transferring those assets is just a way to completely CK with no down side.

What I would recommend, is 1 time deletion for all accounts (similar to the 1-time free plastic surgery). 
You get one free character deletion per account, usable anytime. After that, you must pay to create a new character.

To prevent transferring all assets, then deleting, it should be part of the Transfer Request Approval, that transferring assets prevents deleting that character for XX time. (say 3 months)

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.