Dobalina

Beach/Fishing/Ocean Update Suggestion

Introduction:

So, many of us already know about working as a shore angler by picking up a rod from a local shop and heading on over to the shoreline and casting it in the ocean in hopes to make some money from a few hours of fishing. It’s a fairly simple job since you just sort of cast in and wait until a fish bites, reel it in, then repeat, excluding having to move a few times here and there and taking the ride over to the fish drop off. Fishing isn’t amazing money, but during my character, Doug Havers’ first couple of weeks on the server, this is what I used to make myself money being that it was almost an AFK kind of job and knowing I would most likely not be bothered due to the plethora of spots I could pick. So, grindy, but doable and somewhat relaxing.

We’re seeing less and less civilians taking neutral standing jobs, meaning non-gang and non-government jobs. It seems if you want to be successful in the city, you do one of those two, but taking a neutral job, it’s slow and boring. No one wants to deliver money to ATMs all day. No one wants to deliver packages all day. No one wants to dump garbage. All of these need adjustments. I don’t have an answer for all of them, but I do have some ideas for fishing, at least.

Context:

The beach is empty. It’s so awkward to roll up on patrol as a lifeguard and see towels, umbrellas, radios, and campfires everywhere, but no people. So it begs to question: how can we make people want to go to the beach more? It has to be something worth their time.

Below is a suggestion as an effort to make fishing not only a fun job, but something worth working. If this suggestion gets approved, this won’t only do the previous stated, but it will open up a lot of great RP opportunities, give the Lifeguard Division a reason to patrol, as well as the possibility of a coast guard branch, if it’s something PD would be interested in doing. Alongside that, it will open up boat and Seashark rentals and boat storage. If there’s any clarification needed for any of the sections needed in this segment, please reply below and I will make an edit. Any other questions, post a reply and I’ll do my best to give you an answer. If you support this idea, please reply and let it be known.

Idea:

I would like to restrict shore angling to the Vespucci Beach area. Being, right now, that you can shore angle wherever there’s water; it really allows people to fish, spread out, with little chance of having any RP interactions. Doing this would confine people into a specific area for fishing, much like hunting. It would also be a little more realistic to the idea of fishing as a job if we require all fishers to obtain a license in order to fish at the beach. This would obviously be a short application process, requiring basic information from the applicant as well as their intention in fishing; what kind of fish they’re looking to catch (ICly). The license could be distributed by the lifeguard division after review and could have the same mechanic applied as it does with receiving a firearms license after approval over at PD.

With the above idea applied, I would like to provide “hot zones” in the ocean for higher chance at catching fish. Another player suggested three zones, where, the farther out you go: the higher the chance in receiving fish. To piggyback off of that: In order to get to these fishing “hot zones”, you would obviously need a boat. This begs to question whether or not a boat should be provided by a job location that could be placed on the pier and pickup below the pier OR a boat would need to be obtained by the worker(s). A mix of the two could possible work. If you have a boat, you can just use it to go out there, but if you rent a boat, it charges you a flat price (rough idea). To provide some values to these “hot zones”: Zone 1 would have a 10% increase in catch rate, Zone 2 would have a 20% increase, and Zone 3 would be a 30% increase. Basically, the farther out you are, the more dangerous. Obviously, these numbers are for example. This idea the biggest thing I’m presenting being that it may not be doable within RAGE multiplayer. I’m unaware of the work that would go into that, but a lot these things I’m suggesting are reuse of mechanics that are already available on the server.

If a boat rental is introduced, this could also be an opportunity for Seasharks being able to be rented out for a flat price. On top of that, this could open up boat storage, which seems to be missing, but I may be incorrect. This could work just like the garage in center city. You pull your boat up to a "hotspot", /dock, then the boat gets stored for $500.

One thing that should be adjusted is breath length. It takes an insignificant amount of time for someone to die of oxygen loss. The meter that is implemented is inaccurate to actual ability of breath holding and sort of robs people of their lives being that you have little to no time to surface when going under water. With any of my previous stated ideas implemented, this will definitely need to be increased.

Pb4PnHpEINco2UTcilrJpIJXlFmv4e7Ls-l8A-VADiYU-XiufG3YnipzDee9x9U8UaiafiNl3gBG2JHhdqWTjRNwNZLrXFkTk3JKpnsuV25po76h41Qi4nfhLMIZFeospzVtEcJ2

Conclusion:

So, this would open up to a more active shoreline. On the government side of things, MD would then have a reason to have a more active lifeguard force and PD would be able to start a coast guard division on their own terms. On the crime side, this could influence ocean piracy. Criminals could use boats to rob unequipped fishers. Generally, people could have something new to do and have a reason to even own a boat besides driving it around the coastline. This could also influence individual charter businesses that would charge citizens a flat rate to take them out on their boat.  There’s a lot of possibilities out of all of this. The main questions: Is it doable? Would it work? How long would it take? Would people even want this? This isn’t something where I’m the only one who wants it, I hope. If this sounds like something you’d like to have a part of Eclipse, please reply below and let it be known.

Edited by Dobalina
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

This is true Im quite new player as well and you have to be gang like 70 percent of server or go to goverment job, but where is no any other interesting things, for example I dont like gangs and similar sh*t , PD as well, I want to roleplay simple guy, work in simple place, have different simple life action, but because of jobs are boring , payrate is sh*t , even I think very is not enough jobs to choose we could have much more interesting jobs and first of all we need to improve curent jobs.

Coming back to payrate, gangs, goverment jobs get amazing money and simple jobs even a truck driver in real life get fcking good money, but here sometimes where is no orders for 2-3 hours in real life, and then you get they suggest you 1000 for 20-30 minutes your real life, when you can go to postal and do that 1000 in 5-10 minutes easy, so imagine truck driver sometimes have like few orders and food , water everything costs insane money, of course you can forgot about house, good car and similar things just by working in truckers, so when you have to go cook, or go mine, but if you mine 70 percent of server is gang and almost everytime they will steal everything from you.. so where is a lot of things to fix for simple rp not gang rp or pd rp , not everybody want to be gun/drug dealers, or officers or medics, open your eyes please. Truckers could have just sometimes default destinations like postal, just over all map not in the city, whats it.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.