KCAJ

Criminal Update

1 hour ago, aXoL said:

there is a HUGE disadvantage between cops and criminals in the fights in my opinion

Do you think that gangs should have insurgents and maybe a swat uniform to even it out?

Try to compare it to the real life just to get some realism. In real life, the police is and is meant to be overpowered. They are meant to have advantages in order to serve justice. It would be very unrealistic to have everyone walk around with a kevlar strapped to them at all times.

Also, according to my knowledge official factions can already import armor.

3 hours ago, aXoL said:

let the official gangs to import Armor.

there is a HUGE disadvantage between cops and criminals in the fights in my opinion.Letting them import armor with a reasonable price will help the rp in my opinion and its actually realistic too.

Official gangs can import armor that is half as effective as LSPD armor. (50 armor vs 100)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aXoL said:

let the official gangs to import Armor.

there is a HUGE disadvantage between cops and criminals in the fights in my opinion.Letting them import armor with a reasonable price will help the rp in my opinion and its actually realistic too.

They can

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

4. The impound lot is a secondary responsibility for the Police Department. We're on the server to catch criminals, not to act as parking lot attendants. We get there as and when we can. I'm not sure punishing everyone in the police department that's on duty is in any way reasonable.

I think perhaps a better solution is by allowing people to release their own vehicle if it is secure impounded (free) and also, allowing police to release vehicles from a point in the LSPD and LSSD stations, provided they do a /me informing the imaginery impound staff of the unimpound. That's something that reasonably any cop could do, even one heading off shift. Takes like 30 seconds and also means that LSPD would be a one stop shop for people needing police, rather than having to split people between locations.

5. The reason why there is a exception for cops is that there is a clear distinction in objectives. If a cop is aiming at you, it's a preventive measure. Your life is threatened based on your own actions and what YOU do next. Where as if it's non-law enforcement then all bets are off, welcome to the jungle. 

I tell you what, I'd support changing that the day that criminals in the city take having a gun aimed at them by a cop seriously, how about that? The day we don't have to taze someone six times before they give up. The day they don't run in their vehicles because Fear RP rules say they can. If that changes then we'll talk.

4. The issue is that it's not being treated as a responsibility but more of an optional inconvenience like paperwork. This needs remedied because it's not NPCs waiting for you for two hours, but real players. I've been in the PD before, and you are in the PD. Can you really tell me that when someone waits for 30 minutes at impound lot, there is not a single cop doing nothing just patrolling but can't be asked to go to impound?

If you say yes to that, then you are grossly mismanaging your resources. The fact of the matter is that during prime time EU there's about 40 cops. There's maybe one or two traffic stops/chases every hour. Do you need all 20 non busy cops there? No. But you regularly see 10 cruisers chase one money courier truck.

5. That would work well in an ideal world, but this is not an ideal world. There are different types of players both in criminal and legal factions. I will sometimes see cops that surrender and only use their gun to defend themselves yes, but sometimes I see, and I'm sure you see as well cops that carelessly aim their guns at large groups of people, without any care of retaliation, because they are aware that the rules protect them.

How often do you see a police barricade with a gang presence nearby, that's all very passive, and cops start aiming carbines and pistols. Do you think that's defensive? Do you think it's right the gangs can not retaliate, for fear of being punished for DM?

Edited by alexalex303
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

4. The issue is that it's not being treated as a responsibility but more of an optional inconvenience like paperwork. This needs remedied because it's not NPCs waiting for you for two hours, but real players. I've been in the PD before, and you are in the PD. Can you really tell me that when someone waits for 30 minutes at impound lot, there is not a single cop doing nothing just patrolling but can't be asked to go to impound?

If you say yes to that, then you are grossly mismanaging your resources. The fact of the matter is that during prime time EU there's about 40 cops. There's maybe one or two traffic stops chases every hour. Do you need all 20 non busy cops there? No. But you regularly see 10 cruisers chase one money courier truck.

5. That would work well in an ideal world, but this is not an ideal world. There are different types of players both in criminal and legal factions. I will sometimes see cops that surrender and only use their gun to defend themselves yes, but sometimes I see, and I'm sure you see as well cops that carelessly aim their guns at large groups of people, without any care of retaliation, because they are aware that the rules protect them.

How often do you see a police barricade with a gang presence nearby, that's all very passive, and cops start aiming carbines and pistols. Do you think that's defensive? Do you think it's right the gangs can not retaliate, for fear of being punished for DM?

Straight fax alex if you call the impound not a main priority when there has to be one cop not busy somewhere is ridiculous, im sick of waiting about 35 minutes to get my car out of the impound preach.

Edited by Vezhi
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GOAT said:

I'm crying because your shitty suggestion infected my tear ducts. Having armour with a reasonable price is unrealistic because outside of law enforcement and school shooters, how many fucking gang bangers do you see going around dressed like they're extras from Rainbow Six Siege? 

Not to mention that if you allow it to be imported, every single person that can use it WILL use it and they will use it all the time like masks.

I might be a cry baby cop, but least I have some common sense, ignoramus.

Why are you so mad? Are you retarded? Importing AK is realistic but importing armor is not? I've seen so many criminal activities which have been done using kevlar and you can Google it easily too. Due to the information that users gave criminals can already import it but the price is not reasonable as we know. You are the type of cop who just wants to shoot and kill every criminal and put them in the jail for over 5 hours without any rp and cries about why criminals shoot us while you don't lose a single Penny. There was another cop who quotes my comment politly and I will reply him polietly too, but I prefer to not to talk to people like you so don't quote my comment if you can't control you shitty emotions SIR. 

I guess some people just were born disrespectful , they can't do anything about it. 

9 hours ago, nixu211 said:

Do you think that gangs should have insurgents and maybe a swat uniform to even it out?

Try to compare it to the real life just to get some realism. In real life, the police is and is meant to be overpowered. They are meant to have advantages in order to serve justice. It would be very unrealistic to have everyone walk around with a kevlar strapped to them at all times.

Also, according to my knowledge official factions can already import armor.

i am totally agree with you about that cops should have more advantage than criminals. But i meant that it should be good to have something like armor(even with using drugs which should be discussed too) for some special missions which criminals would participate in them(you can read the triads thread and see some of them). As i said if we want to have armor the price has to be reasonable for it too. I hate seeing people walking around always with kevlar on and its non rp too. There can be a rule about using armor too if we want to bring it more effectively in the server.

In general i am agree that criminals should be able to use armor too but disagree with having it all around with a cheap price for any activity.

The issue isn't the fact that armor is expensive. Realistically it would only be used during high stakes operations. As of right now very little opportunities exist that would call for that level of gear commitment. Maybe when criminal RP is expanded it may need another look at but for now it's a lot more realistic for the level of criminal RP the server has for almost noone to use armor as a criminal. (Some official gangs should definitely think about using it more when prison escapes are attempted to add to the RP

I think PD/SD should lose something like criminals do once re-spawning. Their should be some sort of monetary loss implemented if PD/SD re-spawn/inability to continue their PD/SD work for a short while.

When criminals re-spawn, they lose everything on them. Majority of the time, once re-spawned, criminals do absolutely nothing and wait the half-an-hour, in fear of breaching NLR. In the meantime, their stuff is taken and their cars/bikes are chopped and they are left with nothing.

When PD/SD die, they lose absolutely nothing. They run to mission row and spawn a vehicle with all their weapons and stuff inside, free of charge, and resume their 'watch'.

Another point to add is that PD/SD should always be bigger and stronger than criminals, but that does not mean criminals lose every single battle they have with PD/SD, it should always be a uphill battle for criminals and one in which the odds are against them (as they are now).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fuz said:

I think PD/SD should lose something like criminals do once re-spawning. Their should be some sort of monetary loss implemented if PD/SD re-spawn/inability to continue their PD/SD work for a short while.

When criminals re-spawn, they lose everything on them. Majority of the time, once re-spawned, criminals do absolutely nothing and wait the half-an-hour, in fear of breaching NLR. In the meantime, their stuff is taken and their cars/bikes are chopped and they are left with nothing.

When PD/SD die, they lose absolutely nothing. They run to mission row and spawn a vehicle with all their weapons and stuff inside, free of charge, and resume their 'watch'.

Another point to add is that PD/SD should always be bigger and stronger than criminals, but that does not mean criminals lose every single battle they have with PD/SD, it should always be a uphill battle for criminals and one in which the odds are against them (as they are now).

If a cop dies, perhaps they should not be able to go back on duty for 30 mins, in a similair vein to the NLR. Or if they die they should not recieve their salary for that hour.

• Like 2

I see that PD and SD always having problem with criminal factions. Shooting, fighting etc. every day. This could be fixed by bringing back turfs. When there was turfs, everyone was scared to do something to other gangs, because then they would get a reason to try and steal turf from that gang. Now, gangs fighting for nothing, only to keep their name up.

If there would be turfs, PD and SD could RP more with civilians and dont get into gang stuff, maybe only when someone says that theres a big fight going on gang vs gang, then they could come there with SWATS and protect. In old days, when the turfs was, gangs was fighting for turfs and doing everything to protect it. PD never got involed into those fighs, unless someone says about the fight and then they would come in with huuuuuge SWAT force and try to stop the war. 

To put this in short words, there must be turfs back, to be keep the criminal side UP, and let gangs fight for something, that they could gain power, not just the name.

• Like 4

+1

Edited by KCAJ

2 hours ago, domis said:

I see that PD and SD always having problem with criminal factions. Shooting, fighting etc. every day. This could be fixed by bringing back turfs. When there was turfs, everyone was scared to do something to other gangs, because then they would get a reason to try and steal turf from that gang. Now, gangs fighting for nothing, only to keep their name up.

If there would be turfs, PD and SD could RP more with civilians and dont get into gang stuff, maybe only when someone says that theres a big fight going on gang vs gang, then they could come there with SWATS and protect. In old days, when the turfs was, gangs was fighting for turfs and doing everything to protect it. PD never got involed into those fighs, unless someone says about the fight and then they would come in with huuuuuge SWAT force and try to stop the war. 

To put this in short words, there must be turfs back, to be keep the criminal side UP, and let gangs fight for something, that they could gain power, not just the name.

+1

Jimmy Maywhether ECRP.png

16 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

If you say yes to that, then you are grossly mismanaging your resources. The fact of the matter is that during prime time EU there's about 40 cops. There's maybe one or two traffic stops/chases every hour. Do you need all 20 non busy cops there? No. But you regularly see 10 cruisers chase one money courier truck.

4. What I can't understand is that you were a cop for about 9 months and all of a sudden because you leave the faction, you have amnesia of how things are handled. Sometimes cops take it upon themselves to go, sometimes they are told to go, sometimes either through active situations that require attention or through a lack of people on duty at that time, the impound gets ignored.

Is it the High Command's responsibility to manage the impound? Nope. Is it a IB's responsibility to manage the impound? Nope. So why would you punish them for something that isn't their fault?

Let's be real here, people don't want to wait two minutes for their vehicle, let alone two hours. But then also, police officers aren't parking attendants. Your average cop in PD will go to the impound if they have to, but they aren't going to sign up for it.

What I offered in my reply were practical solutions to help the problem, that also made role-play sense.
- If someone is doing desk duty at Mission Row or they're near the desk, they can just hop on the MDC, check the license and release the vehicle from there. The guy goes to the impound and collects his car and goes about his day. We're not cutting out RP because no one role-plays working at the Impound. That is a lot less inconvenient for on-duty cops AND also, you will get those that are lurking around the station either about to log on or off that will jump behind the desk to release a car.
- If your vehicle has been securely impounded, really it's not for a criminal reason. 9/10 times it's just that it's been stolen and used in a crime. There's no reason why someone couldn't just pick up their vehicle and leave in that scenario.

As for 5.

No, because in an ideal world, criminals would want to avoid the police at all costs. In Eclipse, they see the cops as a challenge and the antagonists. Rather than run away from danger, they go directly towards it. As far as I'm still aware, the server is tagged with roleplay when you connect and that rule at least keeps things reasonable in that regard. 

That also goes towards protecting you too. If that rule got changed and the frequency of cops getting shot at increased more, the PD and probably SD would likely have one of two responses. Either, you would get less cops logging in because you know that people would take that as an excuse to shoot at cops for any reason they could think of OR it's quite likely that we'd just start fucking you guys up. Like if we're constantly going to be threatened, you can bet that SWAT and SED are being deployed constantly and those prison sentences would get biblical as a result. 

Neither of those outcomes lead to better interactions between cops and criminals and neither helps the roleplay. 

The only thing I could really offer you in some way of a positive solution is that we've just this week brought on 3-4 new investigators for Internal Affairs and you yourself know from your own experience how seriously IA does take complaints when they are made. So, if you feel that cops are breaching the force continnum and using excessive force, you know exactly what to do and we have the manpower to make sure that those incidents aren't as frequent as perhaps they might be.

I can't really say that they happen a lot or they don't because i'm on the other side of that barricade. I don't see the same things that you might do.

5 hours ago, Fuz said:

You live by the sword, you die by the sword. If you can go out robbing people and killing people, masked up in groups, then you need potential consequences for when bad things happen to you too.

When we respawn, we lose everything on us. We spawn with empty inventories. Anything that we've had prior, be it radios, food, clothes, bobby pins.. whatever gets lost and I'm sure likely stolen. Our cars and bikes aren't chopped because they aren't personal vehicles. We borrow them, we don't own them.

Again, the vehicle isn't mine, it's the governments. The weapon isn't mine, it's the governments.
If I want to use my radio, I have to go and buy one, same as you. If I want to use a GPS, they still cost us, same as you. If I don't want to starve to death, I have to pay for food again, same as you. If I want a fishing rod or to a bag to store my items in, I have to pay for them the same as you.

So, you saying we don't lose nothing is a lie. The only difference between you dying and me dying is that I have less stuff to lose than you. 

You have the freedom however to act exactly how you wish to act in the server. No one is forcing you to get into shootouts with Police, that's a choice you make. Police have to act in accordance with rules and regulations. If we don't, we get into shit for it.

If you honestly think that PD win every single battle then you are again very misinformed. We do not win every shootout, we do not catch every criminal. Most times yes, most times between manpower and resources we 'win'.  But we do not win every single battle at all, in fact I have a punishment appeal pending that will tell you we don't win every situation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

4. What I can't understand is that you were a cop for about 9 months and all of a sudden because you leave the faction, you have amnesia of how things are handled. Sometimes cops take it upon themselves to go, sometimes they are told to go, sometimes either through active situations that require attention or through a lack of people on duty at that time, the impound gets ignored.

Is it the High Command's responsibility to manage the impound? Nope. Is it a IB's responsibility to manage the impound? Nope. So why would you punish them for something that isn't their fault?

Let's be real here, people don't want to wait two minutes for their vehicle, let alone two hours. But then also, police officers aren't parking attendants. Your average cop in PD will go to the impound if they have to, but they aren't going to sign up for it.

What I offered in my reply were practical solutions to help the problem, that also made role-play sense.
- If someone is doing desk duty at Mission Row or they're near the desk, they can just hop on the MDC, check the license and release the vehicle from there. The guy goes to the impound and collects his car and goes about his day. We're not cutting out RP because no one role-plays working at the Impound. That is a lot less inconvenient for on-duty cops AND also, you will get those that are lurking around the station either about to log on or off that will jump behind the desk to release a car.
- If your vehicle has been securely impounded, really it's not for a criminal reason. 9/10 times it's just that it's been stolen and used in a crime. There's no reason why someone couldn't just pick up their vehicle and leave in that scenario.

As for 5.

No, because in an ideal world, criminals would want to avoid the police at all costs. In Eclipse, they see the cops as a challenge and the antagonists. Rather than run away from danger, they go directly towards it. As far as I'm still aware, the server is tagged with roleplay when you connect and that rule at least keeps things reasonable in that regard. 

That also goes towards protecting you too. If that rule got changed and the frequency of cops getting shot at increased more, the PD and probably SD would likely have one of two responses. Either, you would get less cops logging in because you know that people would take that as an excuse to shoot at cops for any reason they could think of OR it's quite likely that we'd just start fucking you guys up. Like if we're constantly going to be threatened, you can bet that SWAT and SED are being deployed constantly and those prison sentences would get biblical as a result. 

Neither of those outcomes lead to better interactions between cops and criminals and neither helps the roleplay. 

The only thing I could really offer you in some way of a positive solution is that we've just this week brought on 3-4 new investigators for Internal Affairs and you yourself know from your own experience how seriously IA does take complaints when they are made. So, if you feel that cops are breaching the force continnum and using excessive force, you know exactly what to do and we have the manpower to make sure that those incidents aren't as frequent as perhaps they might be.

I can't really say that they happen a lot or they don't because i'm on the other side of that barricade. I don't see the same things that you might do.

This is such a huge double standard it's not even amusing.

4. Is it the High Command's responsibility to manage the impound? No. Is it the High Command's responsibility to ensure that the LSPD does everything it's supposed to? Yes. I won't even talk about IB cause that's just thrown in there randomly.

Like it or not, the LSPD and SASD are responsible for the impound lot. Yes, responsible. If a vehicle is not released in a timely manner, that means that either police command, or police supervisors, or police officers fucked up. Not the criminals. You.

The issue is that in your ideal world, the criminals would be super afraid of cops at all times and never want to get into a shootout with cops for fun, but cops are alright to only do chases and shootouts, not any less desirable work. How is that alright?

People will sign up for it, if there's enough repercussions for not doing so. The second someone uses /buzzer, until an officer enters the impound lot NCZ, there's a timer. If the timer reaches 10/15 minutes. All on-duty cops do not get paid for that hour. Because they are not doing their job.

I guarantee you more cops will show up.

5. In an ideal world, heavily armed and heavily organized criminal groups would cower in fear as two officers, one african-american bald officer, and one red headed caucasian officers get out of their car, and start pointing guns at a group of twenty of those heavily armed individuals. They all should run away from the officers and avoid them?

And don't tell me that never happened either. Half of the DM reports start with a single cruiser going head first into a pursuit of a contender with four people inside of it. 

How come if a cop aims a gun at a person, it's not a reason to kill the cop, but it's still a reason to FearRP? If the cop can not shoot, but only defend themselves, why are criminals expected to FearRP from the officer? Because it's still a gun, and it can still kill you, so then why is aiming that gun that can still kill me not an egregious threat against myself or my ally?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Malcolm Carter said:

If a cop dies, perhaps they should not be able to go back on duty for 30 mins, in a similair vein to the NLR. Or if they die they should not recieve their salary for that hour.

big -1 if you die as a criminal you can go straight back to resuming your criminal duties. It would be like me saying if you die as a criminal you can't commit crime for half an hour.

4 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

This is such a huge double standard it's not even amusing.

4. Is it the High Command's responsibility to manage the impound? No. Is it the High Command's responsibility to ensure that the LSPD does everything it's supposed to? Yes. I won't even talk about IB cause that's just thrown in there randomly.

Like it or not, the LSPD and SASD are responsible for the impound lot. Yes, responsible. If a vehicle is not released in a timely manner, that means that either police command, or police supervisors, or police officers fucked up. Not the criminals. You.

The issue is that in your ideal world, the criminals would be super afraid of cops at all times and never want to get into a shootout with cops for fun, but cops are alright to only do chases and shootouts, not any less desirable work. How is that alright?

People will sign up for it, if there's enough repercussions for not doing so. The second someone uses /buzzer, until an officer enters the impound lot NCZ, there's a timer. If the timer reaches 10/15 minutes. All on-duty cops do not get paid for that hour. Because they are not doing their job.

I guarantee you more cops will show up.

5. In an ideal world, heavily armed and heavily organized criminal groups would cower in fear as two officers, one african-american bald officer, and one red headed caucasian officers get out of their car, and start pointing guns at a group of twenty of those heavily armed individuals. They all should run away from the officers and avoid them?

And don't tell me that never happened either. Half of the DM reports start with a single cruiser going head first into a pursuit of a contender with four people inside of it. 

How come if a cop aims a gun at a person, it's not a reason to kill the cop, but it's still a reason to FearRP? If the cop can not shoot, but only defend themselves, why are criminals expected to FearRP from the officer? Because it's still a gun, and it can still kill you, so then why is aiming that gun that can still kill me not an egregious threat against myself or my ally?

4. It's a double standard, if you choose to see it that way. The roles are accurately defined in the police handbook as you well know. The higher up you go in PD, the more broad and general your responsibilities become and less and less so about the in-game stuff. There are going to situations where going to the impound would be operationally unacceptable. Case and point, Callum James was kidnapped today and almost every cop in the LSPD was at that scene. The exception was a Sergeant who was involved in another TAC situation. That kidnap scene lasted for 35 minutes and under your suggestion, if we didn't pull someone off a kidnap scene or from the other TAC scene to go and release vehicle's from the impound we wouldn't of gotten paid for that hour.

Our primary role in the server is to preserve law and order. To prevent loss of life, to actively pursue and detain criminals. Your suggestion was unsustainable and draconian. I can only hope that you felt as passionately about the department's responsibility to un-impound vehicles when you were in the police department as you do now you are not. 

Not to mention, I guarantee there would be people that would go to the impound and do /buzzer just to try and fuck with the police.

5. I'm sure it has most likely happened unfortunately and the simple fact is that unless people are willing to make the reports to stop it, that behaviour will likely still occur. Changing the Rules of Engagement to allow criminals to shoot more freely though isn't going to help anything but the frustration they feel when they deal with cops.

You would like to know how come it's different? Because the aim of a police officer aiming their weapon at you is completely different to the aim of a non-law enforcement officer. We will put you down if we have to, but there is a strict protocol of when we're allowed to do that (or at least supposed to). Non-law enforcement aren't bound by the same code of ethics, so the DM rules aren't as confined to reflect this.

It is a gun and it can still kill you, so yes, you have to respect the fact that it has the ability to end your life and role-play accordingly. But in a roleplay sense, you still have some control over what happens next. If you comply, you won't be harmed. It's only through your resistance or violence that the situation would become dangerous.

If Joe Schmoe is aiming at you, in a roleplay sense, you have absolutely no guarentees that he's not going to end you. The server rules are OOC, so you still have to proceed like it's real, but the objectives are apples and oranges. That's why it's a distinction with a difference.

9 hours ago, Freclan said:

big -1 if you die as a criminal you can go straight back to resuming your criminal duties. It would be like me saying if you die as a criminal you can't commit crime for half an hour.

The biggest lose of criminals are the guns they lose and their most valuable vehicle left in no where which probably got impounded by cops and we won't be able to get it back for atleast a couple hours because cadets kinda love to impound but hate to release it. (My limo got impounded 3 days ago and I couldn't take it out so far which is a good example of my latest vehicle impound) 

When you die you lose your connection with the gang for a while which is always more than 30 minutes. You can't just go on duty like a cop and recieve everything. There is no lose for cops which makes them super brave in the fights too. Cops need a Nerf. I'm planning to join PD soon with my legal character which is in dcc right now. I hope I understand cops more in the future but right now I don't enjoy their rp at all. Not because I lose to them most of the time, because they don't understand you and they mostly don't care about you and the rp. They want to win in my opinion. 

I always give away my paychecks at the bank to random people, personally I'm not looking for money here but when I face cops I don't enjoy it at all because of their win win win rp. 

2 hours ago, aXoL said:

Cops need a Nerf. I'm planning to join PD soon with my legal character which is in dcc right now. I hope I understand cops more in the future but right now I don't enjoy their rp at all. Not because I lose to them most of the time, because they don't understand you and they mostly don't care about you and the rp. They want to win in my opinion.

You should see some of the things criminals attempt to do to get out of an arrest situation, love seeing people take 7 tazers and still be able to run.

• Like 1

When a crim gets killed (by anyone) the only thing you can't do is go back to where you died. Doesn't mean you can't talk to your pals, or go to your hangout, or go get another car from your house or the parking lot. You only have to avoid 1 spot. So saying you can't do anything for 30 minutes just isn't true. 

Also, police also lose everything on them when they die, same as you. We don't get a free radio nor GPS, nor food and drink. 

Seems like your main complaint here is the illegal weapon you lose when you die. That is the only difference and it's because you have to pay for the gun and police don't. Police are also provided a weapon when they join the force IRL. 

If you feels cops need a nerf I would love to hear a rational reason behind that statement. I'm glad you've pointed out that you don't fully understand pd because it's not what you're currently thinking it is. 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.