KCAJ

Criminal Update

On 10/8/2019 at 1:54 PM, alexalex303 said:

5. In an ideal world, heavily armed and heavily organized criminal groups would cower in fear as two officers, one african-american bald officer, and one red headed caucasian officers get out of their car, and start pointing guns at a group of twenty of those heavily armed individuals. They all should run away from the officers and avoid them?

@ me next time fiend 

@Phil McGee

• Like 1

Maybe there could be some sort of new drug lab with new drugs or the counterfeiting money idea that someone else suggested  because for the average criminal player they only get to experience chop shop and drug labs on the illegal side. Then the big Factions get to experience imports which is a really cool feature but maybe something a little bit more for the average criminal player. 

Said it before, but more unique ways to dispose of bodies. It's fine when there is a body or two on a scene but sometimes you rock up and it looks like a war crime. Use some of the drug lab chemicals, use a pickaxe or something to dig a grave. use the jerry can to burn the body.

Also think adding the ability to parole someone with up to 25% of their sentence left for good behaviour or add on 10% of their original sentence for bad behaviour would help out DOC and also make it worthwhile for criminals to act half way reasonable in prison. Right now, you are already in there and unless you breakout, you aren't going anywhere so why not fuck around?

If we ain't getting gang run drug labs, then take some of the lab locations from Blaine County and put some in the city. Same goes with the chop shop locations. I don't know why the scrapyard isn't used for this to be honest.

Impound NPC, so if your vehicle is secure impounded, you can get it no matter what. If you have to pay the impound fee from a general impound and you don't have a misdemeanour/felony pending then you can get your car yourself. 

Add in some other weapons to the mix if possible. Call me selfish but I want a Thompson machine gun.

Cigarettes/Vaping. I know we have drugs but not everyone wants to smoke the magical herb and cigarettes or vaping are a casual way of smoking, not just for criminals but everyone.

Vehicle locks being damaged the more times they are bobby pinned so they are more likely to open. The better the car, the more bobby pins it takes but eventually you'll get in.

Add a Burglar/Thief job to the server that allows people to rob houses. If someone was breaking into your house, you'd get an alert similar to your car being broken into. They take "items" from your house and sell them at a pawn shop for $$$. It also means you'd have to be careful with your house inventory. To combat this, you could buy various different kinds of house security like CCTV, a guard dog, stronger locks etc..

Add in a lockpick for cops and official criminal faction to be able to get into cars easier than bobby pins. Cops have to open vehicles to search them all the time and official criminal factions are supposed to be full of master criminals.

Give new factions a couple weeks grace period on paying non-aggression tax, to allow them to get situated. The big factions aren't going nowhere, killing something before it starts seems bad for faction business.

Secret vehicle storage. You'd be able to have a location within your vehicle, that you could set where you could hide items from prying eyes, at least temporary. You could specify like /vehstorage glovebox or /vehstorage sparetyre or /vehstorage driverdoor - Then when someone searched your vehicle, they'd have to go through all the locations inside the vehicle to try and see if you had items stored somewhere. It's not a fool proof system, if someone has time with your vehicle then they can search everywhere but it's at least better than being in a car and pressing I.

Use the Vinewood Self Storage to rent out storage space for a few precious items. These would have a pass-code that you could share with other people and the size of the storage would depend on how much you paid to rent it. This would be more secure than a house/car in theory, but if someone knows your pass-code or IB/PD Command get a warrant to search your residence and vehicles, they can look inside too. Its in a shady part of town behind Mors on Alta Street.

Add a tip-off chance to your phone if you are being traced, so you'd be able to tell if you were being traced.

Perhaps look at making the darkest window tint illegal but this would act as a "mask" for every single person in the vehicle, whether they are wearing a mask or not. Cops could use a tint meter on a traffic stop to determine the amount of light that can pass through and it's a citation.

Add bleeding to being shot/stabbed. Bleeding would cause a gradual decrease in the person's health bar (like no food/drink) until they got some kind of medical attention. This could either be by going to MD, someone with BLS, bandage themselves or being bandaged by someone else (depending on the wound severity), taking drugs/drinking to temporary stem the effects. This lends more weight to shootouts/stabbings, both for cops and criminals. The bleeding wouldn't effect the injured, because they are already hurt but if you aren't injured. You could buy bandages from the 24/7 or use clothing items for example. Hell if you want to go further, black market morphine production maybe?

Remove all the speed cameras but the bank speed camera. Speed checks should be done by actual players. I can accept the camera at the bank because we get so many people there but everywhere else, not needed and the cameras are there for OOC reasons with IC consequences. Not a fan, even as a cop.

A buff for the store robberies. Believe it or not, cops really like attending these and I wish there were more of them. It's a race against time to get there before you guys flee and I think people don't do them because they aren't financially rewarding.

When chopping a vehicle, allow the chopper in the vehicle to bribe the chop shop with a percentage of the money to go faster. Say like 10% of the money they'll get to go like 90 seconds faster.

• Like 3

Long time player of this genre, SAMP, now This, SARP, NGRP, WTFMAN veteran whose done everything from Admining, to LEO factions to Gangs and Motorcycle MC's, I think the Idea for TURFS is a great idea.  WTFman had a great turf system, I wont leave a long drawn out post that will just get a TLDR on it, Turfs where you sell something on it that you do not belong to you give a cut in your sell, Drugs, guns, etc will be taxed and given to the Leader of that faction.  It does not sound realistic at all I agree but it gives reasons for gangs to hold turf and to take it.  Also it will get Cops vs Gangs to stop always butting heads now that the gangs have something they can do,  Alliances can form and break.  Ego's are the biggest thing for gangs Do you want that Downtown turf? or the Bank turf? Maybe we can work something out and we help you take so and so's turf and you help us with regaining this turf.  Anyway Being on the server for half a year now I love it, I love the suggestions from everyone, means the community wants to see the server grow, and the Admins want to do their part in keeping a good thing going.   David Castlebeck Out.  -Bastards MC

On 10/7/2019 at 9:10 AM, alexalex303 said:

Trying to get the thread back onto the right track:

• A change to the DM rules that would allow players to engage people in vehicles;
  • Allow official factions to build their own drug labs over time;
  • Create a fake ID system where criminals can create a fake ID that would pass an MDC check but not a special check at Mission Row;
  • Create incentive for LSPD/SASD to man the impound lot (ex. If a person has to wait for more than 15 minutes at the impound lot, all cops do not get paid for that on-duty hour);
  • Remove the exception in the DM rules for cops aiming firearms, at the end of the day it's a lethal weapon that's being pointed at you or an ally, it should carry weight and not be waved haphazardly because of OOC protections;
  • Add secondary positive effects to drugs so that we may perhaps see them being sold to players for the effects rather than just NPCs.

These are perhaps not new ideas, but there are some things that I'd like to see implemented in a criminal themed patch.

+1 to this. Good suggestions, Official Factions should have the option to get their own drug labs instead of the public ones and should be in a Warehouse or something.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 10:43 AM, GOAT said:

Said it before, but more unique ways to dispose of bodies. It's fine when there is a body or two on a scene but sometimes you rock up and it looks like a war crime. Use some of the drug lab chemicals, use a pickaxe or something to dig a grave. use the jerry can to burn the body.

This is one of the most creative suggestions I think I've seen and I love it. I think it would benefit both criminals and PD (mostly Detectives). Maybe if the dissembler leaves the body before it's completely discarded and the detective can come in and take in clues on what happened, possibly leading them on to more. Maybe a /analyzebody could support this, showing what might have happened and how close the body is to being completely dissolved? Implying the jerry can/drug lab chemical suggestion would be added as well.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.