Flucifial

University of San Andreas

ULSA%20main.jpg

Open the University of San Andreas

Today, I'll be suggesting that we open the University of San Andreas as a school that citizens of San Andreas can go to to learn basics of each government faction and more! This could open up additional education requirements at the government factions as well, so that not just anyone can become cops, but people who have educations. There could be different tuition based on each type of class:

• Academic Classes (to get Associates Degree): $25,000
  • Advanced Classes (to get Bachelors Degree): $50,000
  • Heavily Advanced Classes (to get Masters Degree): $100,000

This could open up additional responsibility on Finance Companies, as people would begin to seek student loans (unless they could pay it on their own). When people first start in the server, they should get the opportunity to receive scholarships of $25,000 or more, maybe depending on how they do in the roleplay quiz? There could be an option to deny the scholarship, if they OOCly wish to RP a criminal and ICly wish to not go to school. 

This could be a brand new government faction which could employ teachers and administrators within the school. 20% of student tuition should go into the tax vault, and the other 80% should go to funding the school (teachers, etc.) 

Possible Courses:

Law Enforcement:

The Law Enforcement Major could teach individuals the basics of being a law officer, taking pressure off of the LSPD, LSSD, & SADOC when it comes to the Field Training Program and/or the Academy, and reducing the amount of failed Cadets that get accepted to these law enforcement factions. 

Academic Class Curriculum:

• Learn radio codes.
  • Receive basic weapon training.
  • Learn the penal code.
  • Learn how to deal with criminals appropriately.
  • Learn how to enforce traffic appropriately.
  • Receive quizzes and tests on the above. 

Advanced Class Curriculum:

• Learn everything the academic class learns.
  • Learn advanced driving skills.
  • Receive advanced drivers training.
  • Take part in IC police roleplay, to practice.

Heavily Advanced Class Curriculum:

• Learn everything the academic and advanced classes learn.
  • Receive advanced weapon training.
  • and more.

Medical:

The Medical Major could teach individuals the basics of being in the medical field, taking pressure off of the LSEMS when it comes to training, and reducing the amount of failed EMR's that get accepted to LSEMS.

• Learn radio codes
  • Learn basic medical terminology.
  • Learn the basics of being a paramedic.
  • Receive free CPR training.

• Receive/learn everything the academic class learns.
  • Learn advanced medical terminology.
  • Learn about being a paramedic and/or doctor (optional).

• Learn everything the academic and advanced classes learn.
  • Learn heavily advanced medical terminology.
  • Learn how to be a psychiatric doctor, surgeon, or more (would be optional).

Vehicle Mechanic:

The Vehicle Major could teach individuals the basics of being a mechanic, taking pressure off of the LSMS when it comes to training which would help with roleplay too. 

• Learn the basics of vehicles. 
  • Learn how to find issues with vehicles.
  • Learn how to properly paint vehicles (all RP).

• Receive/learn everything the academic class learns.
  • Learn most about vehicles. 
  • and more. 

• Should not be available due to the limited abilities of mechanics IG. 

English Journalism (for Weazel):

The English Journalism Major could teach individuals the basics of being in the news field, taking pressure and "laugh-ability" off of Weazel News when it comes to training.

• Learn how to properly write articles.
  • Learn about journalism.
  • Learn better grammar if needed. 

• Learn how to record videos properly (IC + OOC)
  • And more.

• Should not be available due to limited abilities of mechanics IG. 

I may add more to this suggestion later, let me know what you think! 

• Like 5
  • PogU 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Liam Crawford said:

-1, I don't feel like the way it's being suggested is right. I feel like it's dictating LSEMS, LSCSD and LSPD's academies.

I dont know, I have to disagree with you. If a person is willing to put in some extra money and do preparation for any of these organisation by studying before applying, it is only applauseable. Remember that not everyone will go to university to do a law enforcement course. So there is still gonna be cadets with no knowledge. All it's gonna do is make it easier for the cadet to pass the actual FTP's and easier job for the officers conducting the FTP's. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OBESE said:

I dont know, I have to disagree with you. If a person is willing to put in some extra money and do preparation for any of these organisation by studying before applying, it is only applauseable. Remember that not everyone will go to university to do a law enforcement course. So there is still gonna be cadets with no knowledge. All it's gonna do is make it easier for the cadet to pass the actual FTP's and easier job for the officers conducting the FTP's. 

How could it make it easier if they're not working directly with LSPD/LSEMS/etc? They could be teaching wrong or outdated ways compared to active curriculum. 

Good suggestion for opening the University, however, I would rather see it not geared towards legal government factions for a few reasons. The first reason is that while time consuming, people do enjoy training when new people join these factions and it's one of the best ways to get to know and prepare the newbies to the department. Second, some of the stuff listed has to do with specific divisions within these legal factions (EMS has Psych, Advanced Medicine, and BLS divisions all of which have their own training and duties). Third, teachers would have to be members of these legal factions to be able to properly teach these students and know about updated protocols. 

I would much rather see this suggestion geared towards the average citizen and giving them the tools and education to start their own businesses. As an example, John Doe wants to open up a restaurant in Los Santos. He then puts in an application with City Hall who then gives him a checklist of certificates/degrees he has to obtain from the University prior to them giving him the license. These can range from a Business Management degree to a Certification in Food Handling. Legal factions can work with City Hall if they want to offer specific classes through the University as well. Criminals can have even more solid legal fronts for their illegal activities by having a formally educated member owning and operating a business. Somebody can get a Finance or Accounting degree and work under the table for criminal organizations.

Those are just a few ideas I can come up with off the top of my head. As stated previously, opening the University is an excellent idea but I advocate for shifting the focus and intent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alexalex303 said:

How could it make it easier if they're not working directly with LSPD/LSEMS/etc? They could be teaching wrong or outdated ways compared to active curriculum. 

I would guess the courses would be up to date to the training that they would receive at each of the organisations.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As much as I love the general idea of having an official University with education, I do not believe interfering with current departmental training methods is the way to go.

As @Aldarine stated above it should rather strive for new players to understand the RP climate in a more immersive way. Giving them the proper RP tools and teaching them different subjects would then make it easier for them to get started and prepared -prior- to applying to a different government faction.

I think directly taking EMS/PD/SD/DOC training protocols is crossing the line.

Issuing free CPR/BLS courses is also another way to kill one of the few incomes EMS has today. We do multiple classes every week and it is one of the best activities giving EMS great marketing as well as a steady financial ground.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

There is things that can be taught in a Law Enforcement Course that do not need to be taught in the academy itself, just like LSEMS as well... medical is mostly for medical terminology etc., of course all of the LSPD stuff needed in LSPD would be taught in LSPD but there is also certain law enforcement things that can be taught anywhere. 

No reason they couldn't work together either.

1 hour ago, Liam Crawford said:

-1, I don't feel like the way it's being suggested is right. I feel like it's dictating LSEMS, LSCSD and LSPD's academies.

How is it dictating anything? There is so much stuff taught in an academy that SHOULD be taught in academy, but just like IRL, most police officers need a criminal justice degree, which teaches them things that the academy either goes over or doesn't cover. 

I like the idea. It will definitely add a lot more depth into RP on the server; this could be a requirement for certain factions and to make it possible to get into a faction without a degree, add a limit to the rank someone can obtain without one. It could even be another faction entirely. +1 

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.