MonikerOne

Make scamming against the rules

I for one think that scamming has the ability to ruin people's experience more than anything else. I recently read a report of when a guy got scammed for $3 million! There could be some kind of cap on the dollar amount you could scam for. Imagine being a new player, grinding out farms and mines, and then it's all taken away. Cya 20+ hours of work. I can imagine that many people have quit this game because of that very reason. Maybe there should be a system put in place that would allow you to do these sort of transfers safely. Maybe there could be a rule that a police officer needs to be present for people to transfer vehicles or houses. I understand that people scam in real life, but I personally feel that something as toxic as scamming exorbitant amounts of cash is game breaking.

I agree, the old scam limit was fine. Scamming someone in a weapons deal down a shadey alley is good roleplay and should be allowed, but basically all the scams you hear about since the rule was removed have been people taking advantages of flaws in the server's trade system (or lack thereof). If two parties want to make an exchange they should be able to visit a government office and sit down with some sort of official, and sign documents that make it legal (both ICly and OOCly). The government could take a small cut of the transaction and that would be problem solved.

Trading in illegal goods should have no scam protection, but trading cars/houses etc. should definitely be protected.

As I stated, the max scam amount should be $100K. 

That means you can scam for anything under $100K (As $100K isn't hard to regain).
What the above 100K protects is any vehicle and house over 100K.

I do agree that if you are making a deal to buy guns and ammo illegally, and they scam you, oh well, that is within the RP of being a criminal and you should be careful who you deal with. However getting scammed out of a car or a house shouldn't be possible as in the real world you have deeds and titles that are still in the hands of the owner until the car/house is payed off.

Edited by Nubbsauce
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nubbsauce said:

As I stated, the max scam amount should be $100K. 

That means you can scam for anything under $100K (As $100K isn't hard to regain).
What the above 100K protects is any vehicle and house over 100K.

I do agree that if you are making a deal to buy guns and ammo illegally, and they scam you, oh well, that is within the RP of being a criminal and you should be careful who you deal with. However getting scammed out of a car or a house shouldn't be possible as in the real world you have deeds and titles that are still in the hands of the owner until the car/house is payed off.

for real though +1

42 minutes ago, CarlTTT said:

Usually people getting paid in cash are trying to avoid taxes and fees. That's what comes with buying something under the table...there is a proper way to buy all of these items everyone is being scammed out of.

Yes and to be honest, 5% is nothing.... XD

45 minutes ago, CarlTTT said:

Usually people getting paid in cash are trying to avoid taxes and fees. That's what comes with buying something under the table...there is a proper way to buy all of these items everyone is being scammed out of.

People also trade, and there should be a legal and protected way to do this

-1, there are already avenues to sell assets where you don’t have to worry about being scammed (high end / script selling houses). There is no reason to make this OOC since it simply limits RP for others. Using an OOC means just to avoid tax is non-rp in and of itself, and limits what people can do. 

IRL you would still have to pay taxes for the trade of a vehicle. Still -1 imo, if you’re trading supers work up a contract and go in detail listing items as collateral. There’s no reason to restrict RP just for the sake of people being lazy. 

Edited by Zion Willard

10 hours ago, Zion Willard said:

IRL you would still have to pay taxes for the trade of a vehicle. Still -1 imo, if you’re trading supers work up a contract and go in detail listing items as collateral. There’s no reason to restrict RP just for the sake of people being lazy. 

I sold my vehicle and I was informed that I did not have to report it to taxes because the sale was under 5000. Your blanket tax evasion argument doesn't jive with the fact that there are way more variables at hand. In real life a person pays taxes yes, but in real life a person also can't take your 300k and vanish into thin air by logging out... and scamming the imaginary city treasury out of 5% because they don't know how to do income taxes properly, does not equate to supporting actively the ability to straight up powergame by scamming which is a crime, in a no crime zone. Sorry hard +1.