jerryman

Add a way to heal yourself without medics.

Right now just by waiting over time your health will go to 80-85% relatively quick (within like 10-15 minutes) Add an item such as "Bandage" or "Painkiller" that will fill the rest of your health to 100%.

Having to go to Central MD and wait for a medic over small stuff isn't realistic as you wouldn't drive to the hospital to get a painkiller or a bandaid, you would buy it at the store and apply it yourself. Just make it have like a 1 minute timer so that way it's not used in combat. This also lowers the burden that medics have to bear as they are constantly bombarded with calls.

Edited by jerryman

16 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

You already get a benefit from being full/hydrated and citizens can take a course provided by EMS. This would only take away RP opportunities from the medics.

The course provided by EMT's doesn't provide /heal AFAIK. Only /cpr. If it provided /heal it would be heavily abused. There is no way to heal right now to full HP without going to a medic and asking for a painkiller or bandage.

6 minutes ago, jerryman said:

The course provided by EMT's doesn't provide /heal AFAIK. Only /cpr. If it provided /heal it would be heavily abused. There is no way to heal right now to full HP without going to a medic and asking for a painkiller or bandage.

As it shouldn't. EMS should be the only source of full healing for players as any other system can be so heavily abused. Imagine ramming your motorcycle into a light post to almost dead and just taking store bought bandages to heal up when you should have extensive injuries. As stated before, having full thirst and hunger already provides a health benefit and even that is abused to avoid driving to Central.

Edited by Aldarine

What they should do is have a medic at the hospital RP being a doctor that treats patients or a new rank within MD of doctors and nurses which his job will be to man the hospital and treat walk in patients with injuries and make it so food does not heal you, it just keeps your health from going down.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

As it shouldn't. EMS should be the only source of full healing for players as any other system can be so heavily abused. Imagine ramming your motorcycle into a light post to almost dead and just taking store bought bandages to heal up when you should have extensive injuries. As stated before, having full thirst and hunger already provides a health benefit and even that is abused to avoid driving to Central.

Right, but even if you ram your motorcycle into a light post and then you go to Central MD 95% of players will RP just needing a painkiller or a bandaid. So why waste the medics time? If they want to RP a big injury and go to the hospital there's nothing that would prevent them. It's not like we're taking /heal away from medics.

Edited by jerryman

4 minutes ago, jerryman said:

Right, but even if you ram your motorcycle into a light post and then you go to Central MD 95% of players will RP just needing a painkiller or a bandaid. So why waste the medics time? If they want to RP a big injury and go to the hospital there's nothing that would prevent them. It's not like we're taking /heal away from medics.

Even bandages and painkillers is RP for medics. If it was wasting time as you say, they would have spoken up against it for changes to be implemented. Plus, some drop bys for bandages turns into amazing RP.

1 minute ago, Aldarine said:

Even bandages and painkillers is RP for medics. If it was wasting time as you say, they would have spoken up against it for changes to be implemented. Plus, some drop bys for bandages turns into amazing RP.

Right, but you don't go to the hospital to get a painkiller or to get a bandaid. You go to your local store and buy it. Why add unnecessary and unrealistic RP scenarios just for the sake of giving somebody something to RP. Half of the medics use a keybind to pull out painkillers from their BLS kit and hand them to the person. How is that meaningful RP? And I'm not saying that people shouldn't go to Central MD if they feel like RPing a serious injury. Anyone who seeks out good RP can still go to MD and RP out a good scenario.

3 minutes ago, jerryman said:

Right, but you don't go to the hospital to get a painkiller or to get a bandaid. You go to your local store and buy it. Why add unnecessary and unrealistic RP scenarios just for the sake of giving somebody something to RP. Half of the medics use a keybind to pull out painkillers from their BLS kit and hand them to the person. How is that meaningful RP? And I'm not saying that people shouldn't go to Central MD if they feel like RPing a serious injury. Anyone who seeks out good RP can still go to MD and RP out a good scenario.

To me it's a balancing act. Again, you keep missing the tidbit that food and drinks already assist you in healing, it's just a slower process. Knowing that a way for players to scriptly heal themselves already exists, there is no need for another method in my eyes. If food and drink did not regen then I would probably be a bigger advocate for something limited for players to purchase. Plus as a selfish note - I enjoy handing out my fancy bandaids and lollipops.

Edited by Aldarine

Just now, Aldarine said:

To me it's a balancing act. Again, you keep missing the tidbit that food and drinks already assist you in healing, it's just a slower process. Knowing that a way for players to scriptly heal themselves already exists, there is no need for another method in my eyes. Plus as a selfish note - I enjoy handing out my fancy bandaids and lollipops.

There's no way for us to heal to 100% in a reasonable amount of time without going to MD. Considering a lot of criminals are on this server they will always want to be topped off to 100% health before engaging in any criminal activity to give them the best chance of coming out on top.

1 minute ago, jerryman said:

There's no way for us to heal to 100% in a reasonable amount of time without going to MD. Considering a lot of criminals are on this server they will always want to be topped off to 100% health before engaging in any criminal activity to give them the best chance of coming out on top.

By stating that it just seems like this is moreso an effort to just obtain a buff for dangerous and life threatening activities and not really an advancement to the server. You say "reasonable amount of time" and I would argue that the time it takes for food regen is perfectly reasonable. Full health should not be so quick. You either go through RP with a medic which takes time or you food regen.

2 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

By stating that it just seems like this is moreso an effort to just obtain a buff for dangerous and life threatening activities and not really an advancement to the server. You say "reasonable amount of time" and I would argue that the time it takes for food regen is perfectly reasonable. Full health should not be so quick. You either go through RP with a medic which takes time or you food regen.

You either wait a long time or go to Central MD and get a medic to use a keybind to do repetitive RP and /heal you. I don't like either choice. A realistic choice of providing some sort of item in the grocery store would be better. Clearly we disagree but I would like to hear other peoples stance on this.

You guys disagree. Move on.

You both have valid points. Going back and forth saying the same thing in different ways isn't helping.

Food and water heal, but really shouldn't. If a medic just gives painkillers and Band-Aids, why cant we have first aide kits? they could provide a small HP boost, say 10%. Adds something to the economy, makes it more realistic than food magically healing you, and would limit abuse because you couldn't just heal up in combat, if its 10% and they have a action bar.

As for the "serious injury" debate, serious injury is when you actually get "injured" across your screen. Anything up to that point could be treated with a first aide kit. And, like it is now, if you choose to RP more than that you can. (a different issue exists, if you think hitting poles with a car should injure you, that should be the argument, and has nothing to do with the OPs suggestion)

Edited by Jasmine
  • Upvote 2

If in the current state it should be added you shouldn't be able to bandage until at HP cap. When at HP cap you could bandage and it would take a couple minutes so it wouldn't just get abused mid fight.

If you wanted to add a new system. Maybe if you hit red HP you had to go see a "doctor" but if you was still in the green, maybe a "first-aid kit" could heal you back up in turn for it taking maybe 5 minutes or something and consuming the item.

• Like 1

Having a first aid kit that lets you use it for a 30 second or so action timer could be useful. Then have it regen your health to 100% over a few minutes. Coming from a medics perspective, giving out painkillers suck. Its just me running a macro and the person involved doing /do s. Whenever I try to RP something advanced they want to skip it to just get the /heal. So having something like this could be useful.

• Like 1