Paulius

[2.5.0] [2019-07-01] ECLIPSE Roleplay

1 hour ago, Malcolm Carter said:

I really think adding debt is a backwards thing for the server - at the end of the day this is a game and the speeding fines are already a problem, creating more debt for players seems like a really bad way of dealing with this. You're just going to have people stuck in debt permenantly who eventually just leave because they're fed up of it. Speed cameras need some real reform before you even consider implementing debt: what about all those people with huge fines hanging over them that are non-RP? (such as people who got speeding fines when they were driving a stolen vehicle). It shouldn't be this easy for people to have their money taken from them by badly implemented scripts

I also agree with this. I like the concept but at the moment too many things negatively impact the idea.  Maybe this would only be good for Jail related fines (that way people who are broke don't just go around getting fines without repercussions. 

Edited by funkydonuts
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, funkydonuts said:

I also agree with this. I like the concept but at the moment too many things negatively impact the idea.  Maybe this would only be good for Jail related fines (that way people who are broke don't just go around getting fines without repercussions. 

I agree with this also. It is just a game. My 3 best friends that i play with have decided to stop playing as of today and now I'm having no fun.

-Action timers should be only for frisking or looting someone inventory, it only takes a second to unlock a car in reallife while you are actually going towards it , same as if you would rush inside your house or opening your wardrobe to see your stash.

-anyone with a phone nowadays can have a free map and gps.

-make that the bag be outside your inventory as when you carry it in your hand , because it is the same thing if you have it on your shoulder or in your hand. If you get injured bag should drop

- lower guns volume, we carry guns not bricks, same goes with radio. Have to use a whole bag for only 3 pistols or just 2 heavy in order to have room for everything, its a waste

From now one there should be straw polls for any major or even minor change of the game mechanics before releaseing an update or even before starting developing that change of mechanics

Edited by ronyd2k
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

This update is going to ruin the server, we are all here to have fun, how is it fun to potentially have to sit in jail for 10-24 hours irl time? Also.. all phones these days have built in gps and maps, it shouldnt take time to unlock my car as on 90% of cars you have a button to press to unlock it immediately. 

What is the point in having a debt system? To stop people getting sent to jail with no money?

This is going to destroy criminal factions, who are a big percentage of your server, there are surely better ways to reduce the cops and robbers feel without punishing people to however many charges cops can come up with to give you longer jail time.

Disappointing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, ronyd2k said:

-Action timers should be only for frisking or looting someone inventory, it only takes a second to unlock a car in reallife while you are actually going towards it , same as if you would rush inside your house or opening your wardrobe to see your stash.

-make that the bag be outside your inventory as when you carry it in your hand , because it is the same thing if you have it on your shoulder or in your hand. If you get injured bag should drop

- lower guns volume, we carry guns not bricks, same goes with radio. Have to use a whole bag for only 3 pistols or just 2 heavy in order to have room for everything, its a waste

From now one there should be straw polls for any major or even minor change of the game mechanics before releaseing an update or even before starting developing that change of mechanics

It sometimes feels like the people implementing the updates don't even play the game, they take no notice of the day-to-day impact of some of the mechanics they implement 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ronyd2k said:

This is very well said. +1

9 minutes ago, Malcolm Carter said:

It sometimes feels like the people implementing the updates don't even play the game, they take no notice of the day-to-day impact of some of the mechanics they implement 

Also very well said.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, F8LEY said:

This update is going to ruin the server, we are all here to have fun, how is it fun to potentially have to sit in jail for 10-24 hours irl time? Also.. all phones these days have built in gps and maps, it shouldnt take time to unlock my car as on 90% of cars you have a button to press to unlock it immediately. 

What is the point in having a debt system? To stop people getting sent to jail with no money?

This is going to destroy criminal factions, who are a big percentage of your server, there are surely better ways to reduce the cops and robbers feel without punishing people to however many charges cops can come up with to give you longer jail time.

Disappointing.

It is a roleplaying server. If you just wish to rob, shoot and kill without any repercussions then visit a TDM server, or GTA online. Actions have consequences.

If you can't afford to pay a ticket, drive slow and pay attention to cameras, as you would in real life.

If you can't stand the though of prison, don't commit crime, as you would in real life.

This isn't going to destroy smart criminal factions. The LSPD is relatively small 1/20 of the server population at most times, and the areas they can reasonably patrol is even smaller. If you are smart about your crime, you will never get caught. There are several people known for being very involved in criminal activities, and have never been arrested. 

This is only going to destroy criminal factions that like to rob people outside of clothing stores next to the city center. 

4 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

It is a roleplaying server. If you just wish to rob, shoot and kill without any repercussions then visit a TDM server, or GTA online. Actions have consequences.

If you can't afford to pay a ticket, drive slow and pay attention to cameras, as you would in real life.

If you can't stand the though of prison, don't commit crime, as you would in real life.

This isn't going to destroy smart criminal factions. The LSPD is relatively small 1/20 of the server population at most times, and the areas they can reasonably patrol is even smaller. If you are smart about your crime, you will never get caught. There are several people known for being very involved in criminal activities, and have never been arrested. 

This is only going to destroy criminal factions that like to rob people outside of clothing stores next to the city center. 

I dont know why you are assuming i go round robbing shooting and killing people or that i cannot afford to pay a ticket? Don't know where you got that information from, is it possible to have an opinion on something that doesnt relate to me? I understand maybe moving the max sentence up, 4-5 hours, but i.feel unlimited jail time possibilities to be a bit silly.

I agree with what you say about slowing down for tickets, but if this is an rp.server, if im driving a stolen car over the limit i get hit with the charge which isnt realistic at all, also, the cameras are invisible, make them visible at least on the map.

I am not a person who goes around robbing civs at clothes stores and i am too like most heavily against that as its not very RP,

What do you think to the other points ive made about map and gps? 

I agree IRL you avoid prison at all costs as a criminal, you don't speed in order to avoid tickets, however the amount of tickets ive received due to desync, my speed limiter not working or being in someone elses car needs fixing asap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F8LEY said:

I dont know why you are assuming i go round robbing shooting and killing people or that i cannot afford to pay a ticket? Don't know where you got that information from, is it possible to have an opinion on something that doesnt relate to me? I understand maybe moving the max sentence up, 4-5 hours, but i.feel unlimited jail time possibilities to be a bit silly.

I agree with what you say about slowing down for tickets, but if this is an rp.server, if im driving a stolen car over the limit i get hit with the charge which isnt realistic at all, also, the cameras are invisible, make them visible at least on the map.

I am not a person who goes around robbing civs at clothes stores and i am too like most heavily against that as its not very RP,

What do you think to the other points ive made about map and gps? 

I agree IRL you avoid prison at all costs as a criminal, you don't speed in order to avoid tickets, however the amount of tickets ive received due to desync, my speed limiter not working or being in someone elses car needs fixing asap.

Fully agree with this and your first post.

They should focus purely on the issues they have within the servers script.

That guy who replied to you is genuinely trying to knock your points with the usual comments, “don’t like it go somewhere else” and I can’t agree with him, GRAND THEFT AUTO is a game purely based on criminal activity, the admins seem to be making it more for the everyday working person, I like some parts of the update, activities in prison, gun recoil, wire transferring.

The unlimited jail time and removing AFK in jail isn’t exactly what the server needed because nobody will ever finish their sentences, who’s going to sit for 24 hours at a PC irl to run their sentence down.

That action bar for locking, unlocking, entering etc. Is stupid, I hate it with a passion, takes me 2 seconds IRL to unlock my front door and my car unlocks instantly, the map and GPS is another money sink just like food and drink, although food and drink had a point, smart phones have GPS and Maps, you wouldn’t buy a Map and read it driving 200mph on a highway would you.

I agree with Foley and he makes some very valid points

+1

Edited by Maddog97
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Malcolm Carter said:

I really think adding debt is a backwards thing for the server - at the end of the day this is a game and the speeding fines are already a problem, creating more debt for players seems like a really bad way of dealing with this. You're just going to have people stuck in debt permenantly who eventually just leave because they're fed up of it. Speed cameras need some real reform before you even consider implementing debt: what about all those people with huge fines hanging over them that are non-RP? (such as people who got speeding fines when they were driving a stolen vehicle). It shouldn't be this easy for people to have their money taken from them by badly implemented scripts

+1 to this Gentelmen post .

The update is great indeed , but the thing with the speeding fines is awfull.

I payed 12k only for the system mistake , i had the cruise on and still get a fine .

Admin answer “is buggy sometimes” make a refund ( refund minium 35k) so ? I need to grind 4 to 5 mining runs to pay my fines if not im going to jail and still pay the money + i will be in debt now.

There is no support on the server for new players but thats how the world works.

You put the maps and gps at the 24:7 people buyed them all and then sell it with 2k / piece .

You could put an NPC or something find a way because now you get robbed and need to pay again the maps .

Most of the shops are expensive because people whant to make big money out of nothing , and is gonna be harder now because they have taxes in it ?

Removing the AFK in jail is another awfull thing .

You say this is an Role Play server but the cops are from a different world , they swear people on the street and then you spend 1 hour in jail because they are retarded . Sorry mate but in real life i dont know where you live but is not like this . You go

to jail pay fines + again the criminal activity . Basicaly i lose 30k because of a cop that is frustrated in real life and in game he already has money and everything and dosent give a fuck .

btw dont tell me to report him because is useless .

Thank you

Edited by DimaDan
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

its a dumb concept 

Edited by Kieron Reeves
upload double

9 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

it might be a roleplay server, this is still a GAME though. 

Dont commit crime ok good ideea then explain me this my brother .

I was driving around town , a cop pulls me over sayes to me bitch get down of the car .

I asked sorry officer can you first show me your badge , present yourself before call me a bitch ? The guy was no bitch im gonna arrest you . So ? I run away , i get arrested and send to jail for maximum ammount of time and the criminal record sayes “ assault with a deadly weapon against an officer” The guy did the roleplay VIP had no proof . Now how could i buy a weapon license ? The DCC refused me because of this and more .

So my friend tell me what should i do because you know them all i see , is easy to say drive carefuly ( the system is bugged i still get fines ) dont comite crimes is easy again when the officers maje you a bitch and starts taze

you and shit .

At the end of the day criminality is the only atraction on this game / server .

The shooting system was already bugged now we have recoil much better .

Edited by DimaDan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DimaDan said:

Dont commit crime ok good ideea then explain me this my brother .

I was driving around town , a cop pulls me over sayes to me bitch get down of the car .

I asked sorry officer can you first show me your badge , present yourself before call me a bitch ? The guy was no bitch im gonna arrest you . So ? I run away , i get arrested and send to jail for maximum ammount of time and the criminal record sayes “ assault with a deadly weapon against an officer” The guy did the roleplay VIP had no proof . Now how could i buy a weapon license ? The DCC refused me because of this and more .

So my friend tell me what should i do because you know them all i see , is easy to say drive carefuly ( the system is bugged i still get fines ) dont comite crimes is easy again when the officers maje you a bitch and starts taze

you and shit .

LOL