gyrhnr

Can Delete

If or when DOC gets a fully functioning system we can use to log inmates belognings along with a storage system, the PD should leave all valuables on them that are not illegal or gained through illegal activity. That way we can return these items and stop PD from "losing them" or just taking them for the sake of it.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, gyrhnr said:

That's off topic. I want to know why does my empty bag always gets taken away or notes with drawings when I am being taken in for speeding.

Not entirely off topic. Im not sure on PD's procedures, but EVERYTHING on a person is taken and then given back after sentence. If you dont recieve it back, complete an IC IA report on the officer over on their government website.

Everything can be used as a weapon. In prison you can't even have shoes with laces sometimes as you can do harm to yourself or others with those. If you speed over 150 its reckless operation. Since you will be in a cell we cant have any items of you in there aswell. They mostly use "evidence" to sort of give it away they can not store it and it will be going somewhere else then in a locker to get it back after.
There is no system to support evidence actually. What I mean by that is that we can not store items bound on names to get it back to the owner after they processed their time. We also have limited space to store, we can't store due to bug exploids, we can barely keep track of every person's stuff as a lot of items are similar and many more things.
We RP putting rifles in the armory, but all the items (yes, also rifles) should be deleted by putting them in our cruiser and /delcruiser them to make them dissapear. This is mainly for the bug exploid reason and to keep enough space clear to carry other stuff.

I actually think it would be a good server suggestion to add a command to a certain room in PD to DOC where you can bound a locker to a players name/ID and you can put the stuff in there the person will get back after the jail time is up automatically.

I hope this answers your question!

Edited by Yputi
  • Like 2

I hate having to delete stuff because we dont have an actual evidence locker (I am full of bags so I never take the suspect's bags). It's such a waste. People get imprisoned because they forgot to pay a 1000$ ticket and lose 10k worth of stuff.

Edited by TheCactus

This is what RP tools are for. RP taking the stuff, use /do and screenshot things. You don't have to ACTUALLY take a person's inventory in an RP scenario you just have to RP that you did so, and RP that you give it back when they leave. If a player agrees in /do they no longer have a bag then they no longer have a bag. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 3:51 PM, gyrhnr said:

That's off topic. I want to know why does my empty bag always gets taken away or notes with drawings when I am being taken in for speeding.

Because if you go to prison with an empty bag you can RP use it to suffocate somone to death, we've seen clothes used to hang themselves, and all sorts of craziness... but PD definitely should only be taking active evidence, the rest should be stored at DOC for return after release, unfortunately we dont have any manner of storing things... I hate having to tell inmates that get out that we "lost" their stuff.. its unprofessional feeling IC, and OOC I have to explain that it despawned.... it definitely needs work, we put in for a system ages ago. At least a house stash would be acceptable o.o so stuff doesnt disappear.

On 5/25/2019 at 5:28 PM, cheatonus said:

This is what RP tools are for. RP taking the stuff, use /do and screenshot things. You don't have to ACTUALLY take a person's inventory in an RP scenario you just have to RP that you did so, and RP that you give it back when they leave. If a player agrees in /do they no longer have a bag then they no longer have a bag. 

You take from many people items, where do you store it? We have no storing system + if you're behaving most of the time you will get your stuff back if you ask them and they will keep it for you and give it back when you end your sentence and contact them. Most of the times although if you're reckless driving, felony evading, public endagerment, I don't see a point not taking everything away from you since you're danger to a public irl you would serve max sentence for such things since you put everyone life at risk and you wouldn't. As I see it if you clearly ain't scared (remember irl people are afraid to go to jail, they even snitch and so on to evade jail time not like here) to go to jail for such things why should we give you priveledge to get your stuff back?

5 hours ago, Scott Cleverley said:

You take from many people items, where do you store it? We have no storing system + if you're behaving most of the time you will get your stuff back if you ask them and they will keep it for you and give it back when you end your sentence and contact them. Most of the times although if you're reckless driving, felony evading, public endagerment, I don't see a point not taking everything away from you since you're danger to a public irl you would serve max sentence for such things since you put everyone life at risk and you wouldn't. As I see it if you clearly ain't scared (remember irl people are afraid to go to jail, they even snitch and so on to evade jail time not like here) to go to jail for such things why should we give you priveledge to get your stuff back?

There are a lot of people who are not afraid to go to jail... also we give their stuff back the best we can because we are rping law enforcement, PD and DOC have a duty to return non evidence belongings upon release... We dont get to make up the rules... and as of right now stuff is stored in bags in lockup, but a system or stash would be nice..

PD doesn't have to give items back if you get arrested and sent to jail. Why do you think they should do that. If you do a crime and have stuff on you that is worth taking away from you then that's gonna happen, Only thing you should keep is water and food. When you get released you also shouldn't think that you should be able to get your items back. Go to the store and re buy them, Don't do the crime if you cant do the time.

28 minutes ago, DDevastatedTV said:

PD doesn't have to give items back if you get arrested and sent to jail. Why do you think they should do that. If you do a crime and have stuff on you that is worth taking away from you then that's gonna happen, Only thing you should keep is water and food. When you get released you also shouldn't think that you should be able to get your items back. Go to the store and re buy them, Don't do the crime if you cant do the time.

Well a couple of things, PD doesnt take your fishing rod out into evidence... and you are given the opportunity call a friend or family, also they dont arrest for reckless driving on the spot, they give you a summons and you go there from court... so A: some exceptions have to be made B: ANYTHING on you when you get to jail is returned upon release... so PD would never take anything not directly related to the crime.

3 hours ago, Wizzidy said:

Well a couple of things, PD doesnt take your fishing rod out into evidence... and you are given the opportunity call a friend or family, also they dont arrest for reckless driving on the spot, they give you a summons and you go there from court... so A: some exceptions have to be made B: ANYTHING on you when you get to jail is returned upon release... so PD would never take anything not directly related to the crime.

And if people were summoned here, how many would show up? If if they don't show up, how harsh is the punishment in real life compared to here? Do you think people that kill cops would ever be out of prison? More yet, 120 months after their arrest? 

If you bring real life into this, you will find out that criminals have it so so sweet than what it would realistically be.

1 hour ago, alexalex303 said:

And if people were summoned here, how many would show up? If if they don't show up, how harsh is the punishment in real life compared to here? Do you think people that kill cops would ever be out of prison? More yet, 120 months after their arrest? 

If you bring real life into this, you will find out that criminals have it so so sweet than what it would realistically be.

This isnt about who has the sweeter deal or who gets the "advantage" in a role playing game... its about what we strive to achieve in RP at the PD and DOC, professionalism and integrity, we shouldnt be taking their things and we should be following proper IRL protocols as closely as we can.... not because we HAVE to, but because we WANT to... sure you can steal that mans fishing rod for 1000 in game currency, or you can RP an officer who knows stealing will consistently land him without a badge or job, or one that just doesnt want to be scum,  or wants to be better than the criminals.... 

@Wizzidy

Issue is that you expect an officer to hold on to your belongings for 2hours, whilst rping with other players, getting killed on every other call, and when they don't have your donut which would rot after 10 years in prison, you get upset and come here complaining.

Items taken during an arrest are respawned as is the policies and procedures as we have no means of storing items, should a system be implemented at PD and DOC where assests seized can be stored, then that is something that will be added to our policies.

Personal weapons, guns, knives, bats etc... you completed a felony, I don't care if you used it or not, you had it on your person when you commited the crime thus had it as a means to an end.

Most criminals when I say most I don't mean all but most, are not afraid of prison as its 2hours of Netflix, or a movie... if people feared prison then 100% less people would go around shooting cops because "I was bored" and yes that was the reason I was given a couple days ago after a huge shoot out at a bloody traffic stop where the guy was going to get a verbal warning for an illegal U-turn...  (yes I got killed, and so did 2 other cops)

Everything taken is disposed of via in game script as it is the only means to disposing items, assets seized are not used by cops... you know we can go to the general store and buy food, radios, burgers, bags, and we can Legally buy guns to right... why do I need yours?

Whilst I agree most people when they get a speeding ticket pay it with in the allotted time, but here in our Eclipse world of amazing rp, you have people running around with 200+ speeding tickets, hell some have so many warrants for their arrest that it breaks our system and we cant even look up other peoples records. We have had recently, people with over 224 warrants out for their arrest, and every time an effort is made to bring them in we get shot because somehow his pals know exactly where he is, without a single radio transmission.

Now you want to talk RP Quality, great... show me any other faction that has internal rules that are used and punish members for that EXCEED the level of the server rules.
Show me another non government faction that will spend 2 hours rping with you because you come up to them and what to talk... or troll in most cases.

When searching a car, cops will only take illegal items or items used while you committed your crime... ie gun, radio.... Food, your going to jail for 10 years... you really think that sandwich is gonna be good when you get out... (rp quality here)

So from this suggestion 2 things can come forward.

1. A stash spot for evidence lockup... /stashevidence (playername) (fee)   this would allow cops and DOC to store items for said player, that can be returned after a jail sentence has been completed, presuming clear record, (no outstanding tickets/fines), after paying and administration fee.

2 Longer jail times, bring back the 8 hour jail times, this will deter people from taking a speeding ticket into a mass shooting... or cop baiting for "I was bored" mentality... this will also increase the quality of RP for everyone, and fear of IC jail, this will also increase RP at the prison. With this comes a bunch of potential options to allow players to decrease j-time... put in a mine at the prison, allow criminals to mine, and each stack of ore they deposit decrease jail time by X.

@cheatonus not many people pay hed to rp… I have rp'd taking guns and bags and radios on scene with /me and /do... and turn my back to go and rp with someone else and I look over and the guy is on his radio with his gun out, and then digs through the bag inventory..... so trusting people to follow along and respect rp…. doesn't work.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jbacon said:

@Wizzidy

Issue is that you expect an officer to hold on to your belongings for 2hours, whilst rping with other players, getting killed on every other call, and when they don't have your donut which would rot after 10 years in prison, you get upset and come here complaining.

Items taken during an arrest are respawned as is the policies and procedures as we have no means of storing items, should a system be implemented at PD and DOC where assests seized can be stored, then that is something that will be added to our policies.

Personal weapons, guns, knives, bats etc... you completed a felony, I don't care if you used it or not, you had it on your person when you commited the crime thus had it as a means to an end.

Most criminals when I say most I don't mean all but most, are not afraid of prison as its 2hours of Netflix, or a movie... if people feared prison then 100% less people would go around shooting cops because "I was bored" and yes that was the reason I was given a couple days ago after a huge shoot out at a bloody traffic stop where the guy was going to get a verbal warning for an illegal U-turn...  (yes I got killed, and so did 2 other cops)

Everything taken is disposed of via in game script as it is the only means to disposing items, assets seized are not used by cops... you know we can go to the general store and buy food, radios, burgers, bags, and we can Legally buy guns to right... why do I need yours?

Whilst I agree most people when they get a speeding ticket pay it with in the allotted time, but here in our Eclipse world of amazing rp, you have people running around with 200+ speeding tickets, hell some have so many warrants for their arrest that it breaks our system and we cant even look up other peoples records. We have had recently, people with over 224 warrants out for their arrest, and every time an effort is made to bring them in we get shot because somehow his pals know exactly where he is, without a single radio transmission.

Now you want to talk RP Quality, great... show me any other faction that has internal rules that are used and punish members for that EXCEED the level of the server rules.
Show me another non government faction that will spend 2 hours rping with you because you come up to them and what to talk... or troll in most cases.

When searching a car, cops will only take illegal items or items used while you committed your crime... ie gun, radio.... Food, your going to jail for 10 years... you really think that sandwich is gonna be good when you get out... (rp quality here)

So from this suggestion 2 things can come forward.

1. A stash spot for evidence lockup... /stashevidence (playername) (fee)   this would allow cops and DOC to store items for said player, that can be returned after a jail sentence has been completed, presuming clear record, (no outstanding tickets/fines), after paying and administration fee.

2 Longer jail times, bring back the 8 hour jail times, this will deter people from taking a speeding ticket into a mass shooting... or cop baiting for "I was bored" mentality... this will also increase the quality of RP for everyone, and fear of IC jail, this will also increase RP at the prison. With this comes a bunch of potential options to allow players to decrease j-time... put in a mine at the prison, allow criminals to mine, and each stack of ore they deposit decrease jail time by X.

@cheatonus not many people pay hed to rp… I have rp'd taking guns and bags and radios on scene with /me and /do... and turn my back to go and rp with someone else and I look over and the guy is on his radio with his gun out, and then digs through the bag inventory..... so trusting people to follow along and respect rp…. doesn't work.

1: You've obviously never been to Detroit, Or D.C. 
2: Why would you take it? I literally know cops that have BRAGGED about pocketing evidence.. and your IA is shit... Ive made reports of obvious server rule breaches, found as  "Crossfire" when it was an ooc report, we have a video of an OOC corruption policy Osborne told people was in place and then reneged on because Shelby told someone it was fine in an IA report. In fact I've never heard of a single successful IA report on a cop no matter how shitty they are.
3: Cops take more than that... and stealing food isnt a big deal, stealing a knife or a fishing rod or a persons cash (happens frequently wether you believe it or not) is different

4: Yes cops should exceed rp standards... they are given the ability to permanently scar a persons character IC and OOC, Take away hours of play time from people, control the flow of weapons for anyone who isn't a blatant criminal... what is the old phrase "With great power comes great responsibility"

5: All of your counter arguments are for not because you ended up agreeing with me and then trying to push your 8 hour jailtime suggestion that flopped spectacularly.... We need a system in place for handling evidence, cops should not be handling anything but guns and items used specifically IN the crime... and everything else should be given back (obviously food is whatever good point)

Edited by Wizzidy

1. /stashevidence is simple solution for that.
2. I'm completely up for bigger jail times, Bacon is absolutely right, people don't fear jail at all, alt tabing game doing other things. Jail him to 6-8-10-12h, and see how many tickets will be paid before jail, and how many kids will do cop baiting or other "freeroamserver" shit.
Also, as you said, people have over 240 tickets? No problem, after a 5th ticket, start rising the cost's, +1000$ daily for every ticket. He wont always accomplish calling buddy from discord to help him, so will get arrested and then broke since will be paying ALL tickets with BIGGER costs (+1000 per ticket, per day). You dont have enough money? Jail brother, + (   ) hours on already determined jailtime, depending on money you own.

Edited by Ricko
  • Like 1

@Wizzidy no I haven't been Detroit, why would I go there? and what pertinence does it have here?

Cash is taken in instances of store robberies and where the cash has been stolen, that cash is then turned into PD command and used to host public events and give aways… todate the PD has given away roughly 9 million in cars... (I personally take care of the giveaways) 

Pertaining to IA, I can assure you that isn't the case, officers who get ia reported with evidence, and legitimate cases are dealt with, I can assure you of this being on the receiving end of a couple cases where I broke a policy in the department.

As to OOC issues.... like you mention if it is a rule break, then deal with it as a player report as is the way. Pertaining to our Corruption rule, I would like to know how you got it, aswell as see evidence of it. 

Stuff taken from a criminal isn't as you so eloquently put it "stealing" it is taken and destroyed via a script to despawn the items... thus NOT STOLEN. Show me a maximum security prison that would allow you to take a knife into it and ill let you keep it. (in a first world country as Eclipse is based on Los Angeles) 

@RickoI would love to increase fines for tickets, issue is that 90% of criminals just dump their cash into their faction treasury to get it back, or pass it off to a buddy to get it back when they get out.... very rarely do people pay the tickets. I personally think that time would be a good demotivator to 90% of the foolish crimes people commit... and also think there should be a debit system implemented for people who cant pay their tickets where their government "salary" is garnished to pay the fines, and depending on the level owing = amount garnished.
every 1k = 1% garnished... meaning you owe 54k for fines... you lose 54% of your government salary... you owe 200k you lose 100%... but that's my 2cents... and for @WizzidyI also have a criminal who I rp on, and have played on for the last 16 months ive been in this community and been arrested a couple times, but am smart about it, never once have I shot at a cop, and when they try to arrest me I do good RP to make it a fun experience for them and me, and when in prison at DOC, I rp with the guards and inmates rather then AFK...

if/when we get an evidence locker and a way to file the stuff then sure you can have your fishing rod back. but to expect a cop to hang on to it for 2hours while you afk in jail is not realistic or practical. Would you fill your inventory full of other peoples stuff for potentially days to give it back?

26 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

Stuff taken from a criminal isn't as you so eloquently put it "stealing" it is taken and destroyed via a script to despawn the items... thus NOT STOLEN. Show me a maximum security prison that would allow you to take a knife into it and ill let you keep it. (in a first world country as Eclipse is based on Los Angeles) 

No... its not, sometimes the money is pocketed by officers and I know this from word of mouth, officers literally talking about their "bonus" for catching criminals with money... and stuff they steal is not "despawned" they just say it is because you all don't actually confirm anything. The good ones might, but not all of them.

Edited by Wizzidy

Thank you for your concerns whilst you throw insults and allegations at officers without evidence, your oppion is noted. Should you provide Evidence I will gladly investigate your allegations.

I would also like to see proof of this video you claim to have of our OOC corruption policies... considering these are something that only members of the faction had and are privileged to have.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.