gyrhnr

Can Delete

1 hour ago, Wizzidy said:

No... its not, sometimes the money is pocketed by officers and I know this from word of mouth, officers literally talking about their "bonus" for catching criminals with money... and stuff they steal is not "despawned" they just say it is because you all don't actually confirm anything. The good ones might, but not all of them.

I just want to add that we do take your pocket money but don't keep it for ourselves. We have paperwork to file mentioning how much money we took from you and then that money gets donated to our Media Relations division, which they then use to organize public events. If a cop is secretly keeping your money, they're breaking policies.

18 hours ago, DDevastatedTV said:

PD doesn't have to give items back if you get arrested and sent to jail. Why do you think they should do that. If you do a crime and have stuff on you that is worth taking away from you then that's gonna happen, Only thing you should keep is water and food. When you get released you also shouldn't think that you should be able to get your items back. Go to the store and re buy them, Don't do the crime if you cant do the time.

? You 100% are allowed to have your items back after time in jail as long as the items aren’t illegal and belong to you... what you’re saying is wrong.

DOC has my Naruto Volume 1 manga though I kinda want that BACK!!!!!

3 hours ago, Wizzidy said:

1: You've obviously never been to Detroit, Or D.C. 
2: Why would you take it? I literally know cops that have BRAGGED about pocketing evidence.. and your IA is shit... Ive made reports of obvious server rule breaches, found as  "Crossfire" when it was an ooc report, we have a video of an OOC corruption policy Osborne told people was in place and then reneged on because Shelby told someone it was fine in an IA report. In fact I've never heard of a single successful IA report on a cop no matter how shitty they are.
3: Cops take more than that... and stealing food isnt a big deal, stealing a knife or a fishing rod or a persons cash (happens frequently wether you believe it or not) is different

4: Yes cops should exceed rp standards... they are given the ability to permanently scar a persons character IC and OOC, Take away hours of play time from people, control the flow of weapons for anyone who isn't a blatant criminal... what is the old phrase "With great power comes great responsibility"

5: All of your counter arguments are for not because you ended up agreeing with me and then trying to push your 8 hour jailtime suggestion that flopped spectacularly.... We need a system in place for handling evidence, cops should not be handling anything but guns and items used specifically IN the crime... and everything else should be given back (obviously food is whatever good point)

You're obviously heavily biased towards the criminal side.

I asked you once to not bring one side of the real life, because it will only prove how ridiculously easy criminals have it on the server.

If a gang attempted to attack a prisoner transport, all of their gang members would be in lockup for 72 hours, without charge, just for questioning. If a gang member was arrested for killing a cop, he would leave prison in 20 years, maybe, assuming he killed him without an illegal weapon.

In the context of the game, you kill 20 cops after you have 200 reckless operation charges, go to prison for 1 and a half hours, because VIP affecting IC prison times, and then you get out of prison, sometimes before the cop is even done with the paperwork/medical RP/the situation, and the biggest issue with that is that you got a fishing rod taken?

I haven't been to Detroit either, that must be why I don't see your side of the argument.

• Like 1

If I had to hold on to every criminal's toys so I could give them back when he got out of the playpen, how frustrated would he be when he learned I lost the items when somebody in his own gang shot me and looted my corpse like it was Fortnite?

If there was a way to organize proper storage I'd agree with this, but as it stands right now it would require a herculean effort to keep such a thing together.

Edited by Victor Einhart

7 hours ago, Jbacon said:

2 Longer jail times, bring back the 8 hour jail times, this will deter people from taking a speeding ticket into a mass shooting... or cop baiting for "I was bored" mentality... this will also increase the quality of RP for everyone, and fear of IC jail, this will also increase RP at the prison. With this comes a bunch of potential options to allow players to decrease j-time... put in a mine at the prison, allow criminals to mine, and each stack of ore they deposit decrease jail time by X.

I’d actually support longer jail time with a restructured system. But not a full 8 hours. In the end it’s a game and not all of us get a lot of time to play, 8 hours for me would be two days away from the game. Also id support it if there was actually RP interactions in prison. I haven’t been in since the new DOC but my RP experiences in jail is the RP being fun all the way until I’m in my cell. Once I’m in my cell everyone’s afk no one to interact with or I’m just getting randomly punched by people. I scream for help attempting to make some sort of scenario and guards are MIA, could be my time zone EST but that’s how it turns out most of the time for me making prison an extremely boring experience. You might say Prison shouldn’t be fun experience wise but I’m here to RP and not afk in my cell cause I’ve got nothing to RP

I agree they need to make a means for incarcerated people to have productivity, something like making license plates that require you to go to an area of the prison get a crate, walk back to a workshop, use a press... for every x plates, that take y time to produce you get Z time credited to your time in jail... these could be tradeable items, but perhaps not be able to be stolen. Allowing people to forge ic relationships in prison to effect their rp outside of prison... I give you 30 license plates, you give me a couple pistols or something. Also these can be traded to DOC workers for commodity items... burgers, soda, blanket, a phone call!
(x,y,z are just variables that can be determined during development …. perhaps 1 crate makes 5 plates, takes 10mins to produce, and you get 20mins reduced on your jtime, or something no idea how the factor should work but its just a concept.) 
Thus creating an avenue to introduce gambling in DOC with dice, or cards. (which would need to be bought via rp with DOC) or phone calls for gang organization etc. I think this would help out the criminals whilst in DOC custody.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jbacon said:

I agree they need to make a means for incarcerated people to have productivity, something like making license plates that require you to go to an area of the prison get a crate, walk back to a workshop, use a press... for every x plates, that take y time to produce you get Z time credited to your time in jail... these could be tradeable items, but perhaps not be able to be stolen. Allowing people to forge ic relationships in prison to effect their rp outside of prison... I give you 30 license plates, you give me a couple pistols or something. Also these can be traded to DOC workers for commodity items... burgers, soda, blanket, a phone call!
(x,y,z are just variables that can be determined during development …. perhaps 1 crate makes 5 plates, takes 10mins to produce, and you get 20mins reduced on your jtime, or something no idea how the factor should work but its just a concept.) 
Thus creating an avenue to introduce gambling in DOC with dice, or cards. (which would need to be bought via rp with DOC) or phone calls for gang organization etc. I think this would help out the criminals whilst in DOC custody.

It would be a really good idea to have work places with certain tasks inside the prison that would shorten your stay if working there

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.