Chebbidy

The ability to steal / extort from truckers.

Hi there,

Today me and a few boys were out doing criminal stuff and a few of them doing trucking when we realized some people are paying up to 50k per shipment to be delivered to general stores / gas stations. Now, my friend was not able to take the job as it's obviously a first come first serve basis. So we set out on a quest to find this trucker that accepted the 50k delivery fee as we wanted a slice of what he was being paid.

We eventually found the trucker at DamGoodFuels (Mirror Park Gas) and took him out of the truck, only to find out that there is NO legitimate way to steal this mans cargo and offload it.

So what is my suggestion?
I believe that realistically criminals should have a way in which they can steal a truckers cargo, and then offload it to a black market dealer. This can range from things like illegal fuel, illegaly obtained commodities such as water, food etc and possibly give criminals an advantage to gaining all of the stuff you would get from a general store but possibly for cheaper. To add an analogy, that 50k shipment we could've taken this morning could've been sold to a black market for half the cost, meaning that criminals would benefit from doing high profile robberies that are NOT easy to execute. Automatically truckers are equipped with a heavy vehicle meaning that trying to stop a truck mobile or immobile is almost impossible.

How would this be a mutually beneficial suggestion?
I believe this suggestion will bolster roleplay for parties involved such as the truckers themselves, criminals and cops.

This would benefit criminals based on the fact that there is now a new way to make money rather than robbing people out on the streets, or running labs. It could be very high risk as certain things can be fitted such as panic alarms for truckers themselves. This could result in a new faction too (logistics, for postal, money transporter, trucking etc) meaning that salaries could be implemented so that your boring every day jobs such as those above now have a roleplay side, and are not just grind fests.

This would also benefit cops as there would be a new, deeper meaning to criminal roleplay when it comes down to petty theft. That speaks for itself as I do not know the ins and outs of PD roleplay.

Thanks for listening to my suggestion.

Connor Curry

We do not need even more ways to pray on the dying civilian population right now.

Until prison sentences are increased to match the rewards of stealing a 50k shipment, and better RP standard rules are set in place for middle of the day robberies, this is a big no.

We don't want this to turn into hunting truckers, we already have enough people robbing civs buying clothes.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

We do not need even more ways to pray on the dying civilian population right now.

Until prison sentences are increased to match the rewards of stealing a 50k shipment, and better RP standard rules are set in place for middle of the day robberies, this is a big no.

We don't want this to turn into hunting truckers, we already have enough people robbing civs buying clothes.

I'm a criminal, and I'd have to agree with this. I don't want to see truckers get robbed at gunpoint for their cargo.

However, even with the system as it is now, you could technically cut off the stores supply chain by stopping trucks from dropping there, and charge the store owner money to fix the supply chain. This would actually require some RP beyond "Hands up", as well as some time and persistence. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brawnkoh said:

I'm a criminal, and I'd have to agree with this. I don't want to see truckers get robbed at gunpoint for their cargo.

However, even with the system as it is now, you could technically cut off the stores supply chain by stopping trucks from dropping there, and charge the store owner money to fix the supply chain. This would actually require some RP beyond "Hands up", as well as some time and persistence. 

I'd have to agree with this. You can already kinda do it, you can blackmail the store owner by holding his delivery and not letting someone to deliver it, it involves a lot more in depth RP and involves a lot more people, like PD, an owner and so on, rather than you lot and a truck driver.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fa1N said:

I'd have to agree with this. You can already kinda do it, you can blackmail the store owner by holding his delivery and not letting someone to deliver it, it involves a lot more in depth RP and involves a lot more people, like PD, an owner and so on, rather than you lot and a truck driver.

Hopefully truckers themselves don't get in on the blackmail and try to extort the store owner for even more money by "getting held up on purpose"

This all becomes a mixed bag with high dollar amounts getting involved, especially since everyone has money to lose besides the criminals in this situation.

Edited by Wifye

12 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

Thank you!

Could not have said it better if I tried.

/me gets a little teary eyed.

We need to embrace the civilian jobs at this point for infrastructure. As mentioned above, if someone wants to sabotage another shopowners deliveries they can try to rob the truckers or chase them around so deliveries will be delayed or even aborted.
Altough I can agree on that criminals need more activities than to chase civilians for their stuff.

-1. That 50k shipment was prob the first and the last, i checked yesterday around the truckers yard, and all orders were worth 1k, which is why truckers were on strike, this means that it is already hard to earn money as a trucker (harder than before the update) and not you want to make it even harder for new people to do it.
i could agree that criminals need more things to do, than to just make drugs and harass people, but adding more of the later is not the way to go.

Maybe if as a few have mentioned, criminal penalties need to be increased to actually show a high risk of being involved in it. I doubt people would be so willing to break the law if the punishments were multiplied, causing criminals to spend hours of IRL time in jail and spending thousands of $ in fines (potentially even losing assets)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.