HaminLord

Slower thirst and hunger meter decrease

Ever since the latest update (2.4.0) thirst and hunger have been introduced and added into the server. 

While I understand the reason and goal of this feature, and how it's meant to overall increase Roleplay by making it more realistic for players to eat and drink to not simply "heal" themselves, I'm not sure about the exact times until the hunger and thirst meter take to go completely down without eating or drinking anything. But from what I can only assume, it is around 15 minutes (Don't quote me, I'm only assuming from personal experience). Which in my, and many others (from what I have seen) is extremely fast.

An example I can give is this:

Police are chasing a criminal around the map, the pursuit takes around 10 minutes. And eventually becomes a foot pursuit, which later becomes a shootout. Overall, the entire situation takes roughly around 30-40 minutes (And maybe more if you include the actual scene that PD will manage after everything has calm down, treating the suspects, cuffing and etcetera). Due to the fast rate in which the hunger and thirst meters go down, both the criminals who are being pursued and the police officers who are pursuing them will need to stop mid-way through, and stand still. Eating or drinking during the situation as a whole.

Another example I can think about is a simple traffic stop, sometimes. These traffic stops take around 10-15 minutes, and it is very possible in one of these traffic or felony stops. A certain suspect or cop would already be in need of food or water. This means that if both parties don't want to ruin the RP in a very non-realistic way (The death of the officer, or suspect due to them not eating or drinking) they would both have to OOC'ly drink or eat midway through the RP in order to keep it going.

Overall, I believe (So do many people I have spoken about the recent update with) that the speed in which your thirst and hunger meter go down should be much slower than it is now. Not too slow, yet not too fast. I would say that around 1-3 hours, or even 4 hours for your thirst and hunger meter to go down fully would be a fine amount of time. As it would not take priority over some RP situations, nor would it be too slow to completely ignore.

I understand that this is a very recent and new update and that some things will be possibly changed. So I'd thought I'd make this suggestion to bring up the idea of this being changed as well.

Edited by HaminLord
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

+1

on top of this can we get a consumption bar for food, so, for example, it takes 2 seconds or something to eat a burger and when the bar is done your bar is fully replenished, this will give some indication to how long it takes to eat for players and will make it a lot easier and cheaper since no one wants to stand there for 20 seconds for 2 burgers and 3 quarters of the bar full.

Drinking and eating will have higher effect on your thirst and hunger
Being hungry or thirsty will drop your health to low amount, but will not kill you
Hunger and thirst will go down slower
Lowered general stores' drinks and meals import prices by half and more

Hunger and Food system has been reworked.

Locked & Archived