Salvador Rivera

Tickets & Jail Time

download.png.839491e269514cf7f86c205d68a97733.png

I'm going to talk here about what happen in server . Like I'm really mad and not happy about what we have right now..

About the Tickets and how you need to pay them and if you pay them what happen to you after you do that . 

If we will not do something after 1-2 month's this server will be empty , feels like .

Okey everyone is speeding in server , thats normal its fun I know .

But when you get your ticket you also will go to the jail for every single one  and its wrongs . I don't know in witch county it is but not in mine .

Last Summer I had 6 tickets because of speeding I pay almost 300 Eiro because of my speeding and didn't get arrested for that also didn't lose my car ! 

So why we making some wrong system here ? People leaving this server because of this .

4 of my friends just say '' ******** this server and left **** I would love to see them back here but they are not coming because all of they cars are impounded and need to pay 20.000-40.000$ of tickets because want to get them back and they don't want pay that much . They already sit in jail for 40 min . 

One of my friend had 180.000$ of ticket you will say who cares but someone care . 

So what we should do is . !!!!

1. You get Ticket - You pay them and you are free to go - 

2. If you don't pay them you go into the -  Jail - 

3. If you go in Jail - after than your ticket's get deleted 

4. If you have :  

10.000$ Jail time 5-10 min 

20.000$ Jail time 20 min 

40.000$ Jail time 30-40min depend how fast you been 

50.000-100.000$ Jail time 40-60min 

A lot of people will say I'm cry here , if you want say it but I'm not I care about people who left because of this .

And I would love to see them back here by next to me and get some fun by playing '' ROLEPLAY '' 

REMEMBER GUYS THIS IS ROLEPLAY SERVER NOT RPG 

Edited by Chris Bluestone
  • Like 2

There are only speeding cameras at NCZs, you only get an automatic warrant for your arrest if you're going 80 km/h over the speed limit as far as I know. Every other ticket has to be paid off within 3 days, otherwise you'll then receive a charge for failure to pay a ticket. Just avoid NCZs if you want to speed and you should be fine. I do think that the jail time for the automatic camera charges is extremely excessive, 45 minutes is ridiculous in my opinion. 

Edited by Borrelli
Grammar

+1. If you get a ticket you don't even get a chance to dodge the jail unless you pay. I'm never going to pay for my tickets just because it is too hard to get the money and this cruiser sometimes turns off on its own. Like I turn it on and I get a ticket... BUT MY CRUISE MODE WAS ON.

The system needs to change. 

1 minute ago, Borrelli said:

There are only speeding cameras at NCZs, you only get an automatic warrant for your arrest if you're going 80 km/h over the speed limit as far as I know. Every other ticket has to be paid off within 3 days, otherwise you'll then receive a charge for failure to pay a ticket. Just avoid NCZ if you want to speed and you should be fine. I do think that the jail time for the automatic camera charges is extremely excessive, 45 minutes is ridiculous in my opinion. 

I yesterday pay 7k of my tickets just forget about these NCZ Camers and speeded

After I pay them I was going to un-impound my car and got arrested for 45-50min - VIP it was like 40min 

I was what the ? I already pay them and still need to sit in jail 40-50 min ? 

So yea its to creazy 

Well the system is not as simple as you put it here. You do not go to jail every time you speed. You go to jail only if you exceed some specific speed over the normal which makes sense I think. If Im not mistaking, then you go to jail only if you go over 150km/h in the zones of 70km/h, so if you got a speeding ticket for 140km/h you just pay the fine and are free to go. The issue is that your friends allowed to gather the tickets without paying them right away and when you have specific amount of unpaid tickets, you get a warrant on you. It all makse sense, what does not make sense is people not understanding the system and saying that it is wrong and should be changed.

Literally 1hr ago I did speed up to 201km/ph near Tequila and I knew it's a jail time. Right away I went to PD and accidentaly got another speeding ticket near PD. Still, went in, payed the fines, turned myself in and served the time. I do have another ticket now and I will pay for it soon and in the end of the day I dont have no unpaid tickets, I do not have no reason to arrest me and Im good.

What I can stand for is the fact that you spend time in jail and lose some amount of the fines, but the times you showed is not alot considering the amount you owe. To grind up 50-100k of tickets, you have to make at least 20 speedings and that just till 50k, and you think 1hr jail time is enough? 

Edited by OBESE

+1

Admins need to trash this system or overhaul it - if they care about the server's health.

Doesn't promote RP and only annoys people. Also makes the cops waste time on "wanted" people when having some speeding tickets shouldn't make you "wanted". Speeding tickets in the USA are not nearly as serious as Eclipse RP speeding tickets lol. 

Speed cameras and tickets should not be a cornerstone of the server. A large portion of interactions, situations, problems etc. have to do with speeding. It's terrible RP and just a waste of everyone's time and money.

Edited by Vito_Vanucci

12 hours ago, SopranoC said:

+1

Valid points are made, should be taken into consideration in further development.

That's what we are try to do here .

Make this system change because just like that guy say not even in USA have some like this . 

So where did you guys get than about Speeding Tickets you get your profile ''Most Wanted '' 

23 hours ago, Chris Bluestone said:

3. If you go in Jail - after than your ticket's get deleted 

Unfortunately my man, if that was the case people would just accept jail time instead of paying fines, then the system is being f***ed the opposite way, it needs to be a neutral balance otherwise it's not fair for the PD and DMV then.
I do understand your point, my friend was jailed for an hour and a half IRL time due to $60,000 unpaid speeding fines and 2 accounts of reckless driving. It's a very touchy subject but if you don't wanna get the time and fines, don't speed through the NCZ's it's easy to flick your cruise control on.
I believe if it's a small fine (Under 10,000 total) then it should be wiped off the slate or maybe even provide community service that is hosted by Department of Corrections or the LSPD for offenders under this limit.
Either way there's 100's of ways to change this system it just depends how the developers and admins want it to be.

12 minutes ago, Maddog97 said:

Unfortunately my man, if that was the case people would just accept jail time instead of paying fines, then the system is being f***ed the opposite way, it needs to be a neutral balance otherwise it's not fair for the PD and DMV then.
I do understand your point, my friend was jailed for an hour and a half IRL time due to $60,000 unpaid speeding fines and 2 accounts of reckless driving. It's a very touchy subject but if you don't wanna get the time and fines, don't speed through the NCZ's it's easy to flick your cruise control on.
I believe if it's a small fine (Under 10,000 total) then it should be wiped off the slate or maybe even provide community service that is hosted by Department of Corrections or the LSPD for offenders under this limit.
Either way there's 100's of ways to change this system it just depends how the developers and admins want it to be.

Yea I understand the system is kind a  I would say wrong .

But if you don't have this cash to pay your tickets ? And if you don't spend all your day by collecting cash but you enjoy Roleplay and don't care about cash and yea everyone speed

Just like I say last summer IRL I get 6 tickets and I Didn't get jailed I Pay them and ? Everything is fine so if we say this is Roleplay than why should people after they pay his tickets go in Jail for that ? 

So 

That's the point if you don't pay them go in jail if you pay them than don't , is that so hard ? 

Edited by Chris Bluestone

4 minutes ago, Chris Bluestone said:

Yea I understand the system is kind a  I would say wrong .

But if you don't have this cash to pay your tickets ? And if you don't spend all your day by collecting cash but you enjoy Roleplay and don't care about cash and yea everyone speed

Just like I say last summer IRL I get 6 tickets and I Didn't get jailed I Pay them and ? Everything is fine so if we say this is Roleplay than why should people after they pay his tickets go in Jail for that ? 

So 

That's the point if you don't pay them go in jail if you pay them than don't , is that so hard ? 

Because there are people you would call "opportunists" that play RP video games, someone looking to bend the rules as far as a loophole.

In our country if you don't pay your fines you get jailed and then still made to pay them once you're released (United Kingdom). It's quite an applicable law, I mean if you can't pay they take it away from you (tow your vehicle).

I'd do it like I said, anything under $10,000 then you can work community service or serve an amount of jail time and have your fine wiped.
Anything over $10,000 then you'd be forced to serve jail time and still pay the fine. Otherwise like I said it would result in people just accepting an hours jail time over paying $30,000 for example. I know i'd definitely rather serve 1 hour in jail than pay 30k out.

It's hard to discuss this one as it seems there are differential opinions of the situation. Just don't go over 70 in NCZ's and you've no issues.

• Upvote 1

Theres a difference in the charges you are receiving.

A Speeding Ticket which falls under the speeding category (Within 80KM/h of the speed limit) will get you a fine that you need to pay within 3 days. If you don't pay it within three days then a warrant is issued for your arrest.

A Speeding Ticket which falls under the category of Reckless Driving (Over 80KM/h above the speed limit) is a crime. So you will receive your speeding ticket, and youll also receive your sentence for committing a crime.

Getting a standard speeding ticket isn't a crime unless you leave them unpaid. Its a civil matter. I still struggle to understand how people see this system as bad? Or broken? The system works and stops people from speeding, if people are leaving the server because they were racking up thousands of pounds in tickets and then cant afford them, that's IC and up to them to stop driving like idiots.

In the UK youll receive a fine and points on your license for a speeding offence. But once it gets above a particular speed it becomes a dangerous driving offence (What is reckless driving here), youll need to go court, fight your battle and hope they don't take your license off you and give you prison time and a fine to go along with it. The systems realistic, and it works.

Edited by KurtLaser
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, KurtLaser said:

Theres a difference in the charges you are receiving.

A Speeding Ticket which falls under the speeding category (Within 80KM/h of the speed limit) will get you a fine that you need to pay within 3 days. If you don't pay it within three days then a warrant is issued for your arrest.

A Speeding Ticket which falls under the category of Reckless Driving (Over 80KM/h above the speed limit) is a crime. So you will receive your speeding ticket, and youll also receive your sentence for committing a crime.

Getting a standard speeding ticket isn't a crime unless you leave them unpaid. Its a civil matter. I still struggle to understand how people see this system as bad? Or broken? The system works and stops people from speeding, if people are leaving the server because they were racking up thousands of pounds in tickets and then cant afford them, that's IC and up to them to stop driving like idiots.

In the UK youll receive a fine and points on your license for a speeding offence. But once it gets above a particular speed it becomes a dangerous driving offence (What is reckless driving here), youll need to go court, fight your battle and hope they don't take your license off you and give you prison time and a fine to go along with it. The systems realistic, and it works.

Not paying a fine full stop is a criminal offence and can be punished by imprisonment in the UK (And still be made to pay it when you're released!). I've seen it happen first hand to friends over here, not paying fines results in incarceration almost all the time. Especially if it's amounting to such a high figure.

Like I said to them, don't drive stupidly around NCZ's and you'll not have a problem, I've paid a fair bit in speeding tickets on my first day or two but after that I am lucky to get one fine a day now in the game.

Maybe even a system where the drivers have licenses revoked after so many fines in the game would be a lot better. As I said to Chris Bluestone, there's 100's of ways to vary this type of subject.

Edited by Maddog97

3 minutes ago, Maddog97 said:

Not paying a fine full stop is a criminal offence and can be punished by imprisonment in the UK (And still be made to pay it when you're released!). I've seen it happen first hand to friends over here, not paying fines results in incarceration almost all the time. Especially if it's amounting to such a high figure.

Like I said to them, don't drive stupidly around NCZ's and you'll not have a problem, I've paid a fair bit in speeding tickets on my first day or two but after that I am lucky to get one fine a day now in the game.

Maybe even a system where the drivers have licenses revoked after so many fines in the game would be a lot better. As I said to Chris Bluestone, there's 100's of ways to vary this type of subject.

Same here, ill get one a day maybe, maybe two if im feeling like Mark Cavendish when I break my BMX out.

But its always my own fault, put my limiter on too late, or don't pay attention to where I am and then fly out the tunnel at MD, braking when you realise its too late. I just see no reason to complain about it, as its always my own fault because im the only person in control of my vehicle.

Yeah idk on what planet you go to jail for speeding tickets and it's the same length as shooting at cops and felony evasions but this definitely needs reworking. Mind you, all of you in debt for tickets remember a simple name change solves things 😉

the issue i have is that serving the jail time doenst wipe the tickets and it really should, otherwise its a horrible cycle of getting arrested..not making money to pay the ticket cos your in jail...getting out...having the same tickets....get arrested 

• Upvote 1

Though I had some good RP when my character was out in jail, 45 minutes for a traffic infraction is too much by at least 3 fold, if not 4. People who have OOC rules infractions seem to serve less time than this on average. We all don't have infinite time to play and taking up nearly an hour of someone s time in a cell for a misdemeanor is too much. My 2 cents.

Edited by cheatonus

11 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

In roleplay, actions have consequences. If you speed, you get ticket. If you get ticket, you need to pay it. If you can't afford to pay it, you should perhaps sell your car, or your house.

You get tickets by being pulled over and issued one. Let me also note that 90% of traffic stops don't involve strip searches on a regular basis like they do throughout LSPD and every precinct in the city xD

12 hours ago, DGanja said:

Yeah idk on what planet you go to jail for speeding tickets and it's the same length as shooting at cops and felony evasions but this definitely needs reworking. Mind you, all of you in debt for tickets remember a simple name change solves things 😉

The problem here isn't that jail is too short for misdemeanours, but that the time you spend for shooting a cop is far too low. Also, name changing solving this stuff seems stupid and gamey.

The only issues with the system is that 70 is too slow for most parts of the city, cruise control only works half the time, and you can't easily change the cruise control speed. Changing L into to cycle through cruise settings rather than just an on-off toggle then fixing the issues with it disabling would be better. Cycle through cruise settings "Off, 70, 130".

Possibly change tickets to suspend your license after 3 days, add a warrant after a week.

Edited by Linden

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.