Salvador Rivera

Tickets & Jail Time

3 hours ago, Victor Einhart said:

If you had that many speeding tickets you probably also had a warrant for Reckless Operation of a Motor Vehicle, which is also given out by the cameras.  Even if you pay the monetary fine for that charge you still have jail time.

And thats why we are here to talk about that than if you pay your tickets you should not go to the Jail no metter how fast you go ! 

1 hour ago, Chris Bluestone said:

And thats why we are here to talk about that than if you pay your tickets you should not go to the Jail no metter how fast you go ! 

Its been explained for you already why that wont happen.

If you go 80KM/h over the legal limit, not only are you speeding, you add an actual criminal charge to yourself which is Reckless Driving. A Crime. Something the police will arrest you for.

That is separate from getting the speeding ticket, the speeding ticket is what you got for speeding, which you pay off. If you don't pay them in three days a warrant is issued as you owe money to the government and haven't paid what you owe. Reckless Driving pertains to HOW FAST you were actually going when you got the speeding ticket.

Get 10 Speeding tickets, none of them reckless driving, pay them within 3 days, no warrant will be issued.

Get 10 Speeding tickets, one of them is reckless driving, warrant issued for the crime. Pay your tickets within 3 days and you wont be issued a warrant for NOT PAYING THE TICKETS.

But your completely separate charge of reckless driving isn't going to change, as that's a criminal action, not a civil action which is what speeding tickets are.

Edited by KurtLaser

Everyone seems to think that you need to pay off the tickets and say they are leaving the server etc etc... 

You do not have to pay tickets OVER 3 days old after you come out of jail as they clear when released.

Basically don't get any tickets for 3 days then go to jail. You will then have 0 tickets. 

-1 This suggestion isnt needed. People just dont realise the tickets do clear when you go to prison.

Edited by MikeyyyG

10 hours ago, Chris Bluestone said:

Why not? You've failed to give any good reasons to why you shouldn't be given both jail and a fine for excessive speed, as your "if we talking about real things" is false for the USA as you can serve time for excessive speed

On 5/2/2019 at 1:10 AM, Chris Bluestone said:

One of my friend had 180.000$ of ticket you will say who cares but someone care .

And I don't see why anyone should care, if your friend continued to rack up fines then that is his own fault. And if that has caused / causes him to quit then it's from his own stupidity that it happened.

Edited by Loafism

On 5/3/2019 at 11:40 PM, alexalex303 said:

In roleplay, actions have consequences. If you speed, you get ticket. If you get ticket, you need to pay it. If you can't afford to pay it, you should perhaps sell your car, or your house.

That's stupid, if I am wearing a mask and I am driving a stolen car, the script is STILL going to give me a ticket, how does THAT make sense?

Anyway, I am fully supporting the removal of these things, they've caused many players to be unable to retrieve their cars and they have simply quit, many friends of mine included.

28 minutes ago, DeadlyHamster said:

That's stupid, if I am wearing a mask and I am driving a stolen car, the script is STILL going to give me a ticket, how does THAT make sense?

Anyway, I am fully supporting the removal of these things, they've caused many players to be unable to retrieve their cars and they have simply quit, many friends of mine included.

They're in NCZ which are OOC. You break server rules, you get punished.

On 5/5/2019 at 3:46 AM, MikeyyyG said:

Everyone seems to think that you need to pay off the tickets and say they are leaving the server etc etc... 

You do not have to pay tickets OVER 3 days old after you come out of jail as they clear when released.

Basically don't get any tickets for 3 days then go to jail. You will then have 0 tickets. 

-1 This suggestion isnt needed. People just dont realise the tickets do clear when you go to prison.

Are  they realy clear after Prison and 3 days ? 

I agree, I can only speak for myself but this update caused me to stop playing for about a month because I had racked up so many fines that I couldn't afford to get my cars back from the impound. 

This system needs a lot of work. First of all, if it is to remain, cameras need to be marked clearly on the map, because the zones where you are actually liable to get a ticket in are not clear at all and this surprises a lot of people. 

Second, you should not receive fines for speeding in stolen vehicles. Like seriously, what the fuck, this was such an oversight and has lost people tens of thousands of dollars for essentially bad administrative decisions. 

Third, this is another buff to the already very strong PD by making it very easy to rack up fines whilst you are being chased.

We need to think about why these speeding fines were imposed in the first place: if it was to stop people getting run over in NCZs then the better solution is surely to add more bollards like have been done at the bank. Or to have dedicated police speed enforcement officers with cameras of their own who could monitor busy NCZs like bank/MD - add some roleplay rather than just having a shitty automation that costs people tens of thousands of dollars.

In the meantime, I recommend to any player that has a lot of fines to spend all of your money (on a new car, new house, etc.) then turn yourself in with an empty bank account. The fines will be paid off. It's a shame we have had to resort to using tactics like this to get around it but this has been one of the worst updates I've seen on this server. 

3 hours ago, veryverysadguy said:

these fines are so unfair.. i spent an entire daying making 50 thousand from chopping or 60 and i lost everything when I got arrested.. so now i see why people buy a house then they store the house full of guns and items and keep there bank account at 0 so the cops can't rob us of everything we own.

it's not unfair, you knew the risk you took when you started doing criminal activity. The fines may be harsh but they're there for a reason.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.