Linden

Parking at bank...

XjPyInk.png

This is beyond ridiculous. There is a small area directly behind bank, parking across the road, a parking lot on the other side of the block, AND parking spaces along Vinewood Boulevard on BOTH sides of the road. There is so much parking, yet people resort to parking their cars on the road blocking traffic because they want to save a bit of time. There isn't enough mechanics or cops to deal with it and I often see admins trying to organise the vehicles so the area is actually accessible.

The parking meter is there but there isn't an incentive to use it because the odds of getting towed are so tiny, and they're not going to differentiate between a car that's been parked for hours and somebody who just stopped by to get their salary.

EDIT: Honestly what would be better is forcibly despawning vehicles ~1 hour after the player has logged out IF it is parked in a NCZ. Send it to a garage and require a fee to withdraw it rather than charging to store it.

Edited by Linden

17 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

-1 for beaming cars up to the mothership.  It's an IC issue and should be dealt with IC.

It's a NCZ, which is OOC. People parking in the middle of the road is a crime. It is impossible for mechanics to tow the constant stream of fuckwits. I frequently see server staff reparking vehicles because it's such a mess. Not to mention people just stand around then get into their vehicle if a tow truck shows up and their vehicle magically can't be towed.

26 minutes ago, Hilbert said:

So if car is parked more than 1 minute it would be sent to Mors? Okay, and what if it takes more than 1 minute to just get the salary from bank?

Park literally anywhere but in the middle of the road.

The front of the bank needs to be completely off-limits for loitering.

Edited by Linden

30 minutes ago, Victor Einhart said:

-1 for beaming cars up to the mothership.  It's an IC issue and should be dealt with IC.

I do partly agree, but people logging off and leave their car at the bank involves also some OOC. Not to mention what Linden mentions that a NCZ is something OOC. Knowing people park there becsause it's a NCZ seems like an OOC issue to me.
Personally I don't think a timeer would be a solution. In PD we find stolen cars dumped at the bank and it would be annoying if your car gets stolen someone dumps it at the bank and it gets send to mors. 

What I think would help is to add many more parking lots instead of the only existing one. I personally hate it to park my car at the general parking lot and that is because tehre is only one where everyone goes to, where everyone gets robbed etc. If they would add some more actual scripted parking lots I have the feeling this issue would be resolved partly if not close to fully. 
There are some server suggestions for this.

Edited by Yputi

Just to clarify, when I say send it to Mors I don't mean having to pay to get it out. Just despawning it so it isn't messing up the bank.

Honestly what would be better is forcibly despawning vehicles ~1 hour after the player has logged out IF it is parked in a NCZ. Send it to a garage and require a fee to withdraw it rather than charging to store it.

Edited by Linden

-1 IC issue, there are parking meters at the bank which automatically implies that the area around the bank is to be used, regardless of your opinion on it, therefore the suggestion should be to increase enforcement of parking tickets IC'ly or make parking at the bank a server offense. Magically ''beaming'' vehicles from where they were parked with no valid IC issue is a no go IMO.

10 minutes ago, Kyle White Raven said:

there are parking meters at the bank which automatically implies that the area around the bank is to be used

Yes, the PARKING SPACES at the bank. IRL do you just park wherever the fuck you want because there is a meter nearby? Parking on the same block as the bank should only be allowed in actual designated parking spaces.

-1 IC issue

You're not allowed to commit crime in NCZs which are OOC.

should be to increase enforcement of parking tickets IC'ly or make parking at the bank a server offense

This would require an officer to be sitting at bank permanently. Mechanics often can't tow the cars because the owner will get into it and make it magically untowable.

1 hour ago, Linden said:

You're not allowed to commit crime in NCZs which are OOC.

That was my entire point. Because the server has parking meters and the police currently don't tow any car from the bank regardless if it paid a ticket or not it implies that it ISN'T a crime to park there.

It is a crime to park in the middle of the road, but not around the bank, which is why it ISN'T an NCZ violation. If you want to fix this make it illegal and therefore a crime or ask Police/LSC to clean up the area more often.

30 minutes ago, cheatonus said:

The city should pay mechanic shops to haul cars outta the area and it could be a priority. We'd probably drive trucks by there all the time. $500 to the faction for every impounded car.

We do and we will do. Mechanics always do check vehicle parking tickets BUT people sit behind the wheel and do nothing about it. They park it and stand outside talking to their buds or "waiting for some friends" for hours. 

I do agree that theres a bunch of retarded people who randomly park their car in the middle of the road, bikers that park their thing right at the bank entrance...this happens and will keep happening because that area is considered a NCZ. That's an OOC issue to me, but the issue itself is and will be dealt IC'ly.

Someone suggested some more /park'ing spots and, to be honest, I think it would be the best 'solution' to this mess.

3 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

This is an in-character issue, and I would not like to see cars teleported away, unless there's so many of them it starts causing client crashes. 

I crash half the time I’m at bank and lag out the rest of the time. It’s also impossible for mechanics to get rid of the bikes and motorbikes.

I can tell you, I know who's cars some of those are. This was the aftermath after a server instability issue. These people kept getting DC'd and rolled back which caused them to stop trying to log in. Hence why those cars were parked in the middle of the road for hours.

Those cars weren't parked there just to park there.

Edited by Brawnkoh

15 minutes ago, Brawnkoh said:

I can tell you, I know who's cars some of those are. This was the aftermath after a server instability issue. These people kept getting DC'd and rolled back which caused them to stop trying to log in. Hence why those cars were parked in the middle of the road for hours.

Those cars weren't parked there just to park there.

There's more cars parked stupidly at bank now than when I posted this, and there aren't server issues. Well bikes and motorbikes actually.

Edited by Linden

Just now, Linden said:

There's more cars parked stupidly at bank now than when I posted this, and there aren't server issues. Well bikes and motorbikes actually.

There's definitely a lot of bicycles and motorcycles. I belive (don't quote me) the next server update is adding flatbed trucks which will resolve that issue.

I was just pointing out why the cars were so bad in that pic. The Orange comet is owned by a buddy of mine "Clutch". I tried to move it for him when it got stuck there, but it was locked so I left it.

The time right before that was one of those server kicks every 10 minute days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.