OBESE

[TAXI] Personal message

Greeting yet again!

This time I come with a suggestion to add to one of the legal factions and more specifically - Downtown Cab Co.

With one of the updates it was introduced that when at least one cab driver is on duty, you're not allowed to take out citybee (hope that has not changed, did not check) so due to that factor the Downtown Cab Co. has gain a lot of new customers and the demand for taxi has gone up quite a lot which leads to a sad reality that sometimes there are not enough cab drivers to take the taxi request right away. It is quite frustrating when you are driving a customer to it's location and it will take just couple of minutes before you can take the next request, but that might be too much for the client that did the request and is blindly awaiting for it to be accepted. It is quite annoying when you call for a taxi and then stand there for 3-4minutes not knowing will your request be taken and when.

Suggestion
The suggestion is simple - add an option for a cab driver to send a private message either directly or via dispatch to update the customer that you will accept and be on the way in few minutes. It could be something like a pm system, but in a rp way where the customer receives a message from the taxi dispatcher. It could have a command like /tru RequestID Message where /tru would stand for something like "taxi request update".

Example: /tru 123 Hello Mr. Unknown, will be accepting your taxi request in 2 minutes. Thank you for your patience!

I do not think that such update would be too hard as all the mechanic is in there either as pm, whisper, radio chat or faction chat, but it would really make it very nice for the players when such things happen.

Thank you for your time!

Kind Regards,
OBESE

Edited by OBESE
  • Like 5

+1

Please do this!

I would love to be able to communicate to customers. There are so many times I would use this, to say I broke down, had to take a priority call, I am up at paleto and will take it soon if someone else doesn't etc. etc. Can also use it when they walk to far and the call is canceled, to see if they still need a ride. I am sure I can think of a ton more reasons this would be great.

Plus it makes sense...we RP that everyone is using an app, and we see their name already....

I have used the OOC PM a few times in extreme cases, but people don't like it, and get mad, so I stopped. 

Edited by Jasmine

+1

Though maybe they should also look at the possibility to change the way it works. Maybe if only 1 DCC is on duty, allow people to take out Citybee (in every location or at least out of town).

During the weekend i had multiple times where i was the only person on duty, and taking a guy far up north really takes time, while in the meantime 3-4 requests in the city go up.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.