slimmer57

Updating some rules on gun system.

I understand needing to apply for a gun license but, with having a criminal record it’s impossible to get one.

i think every government official should be allowed to get a gun license no matter what. You have problems with gangs and things when people do mechanic calls, news ads, or taxi drivers. You can’t protect your self because you do not have weapons to do it.

Dont dare just say call the cops everyone know the response time to get there or if they have a gun to your head may not be able to use your phone.

If you get a criminal record and still get a government job then yes you should be allowed to get a override and get a gun license. If you get caught miss using it then yes it can be taken.

A lot of cops have also gave out false charges, before you say make a report and get it removed. Not everyone is able to record or has the internet to upload it. So if the cop messes up guess what? No license for anyone

Pleae take this into deep consideration for government jobs.

Edited by slimmer57
  • Upvote 1

My character has a criminal record. I got denied a weapons permit. I won't be able to handle any guns. Weazel News has literally not protection against over people. Everyone can just climb our wall. We have to deal with people stealing stuff from our cars and sometimes even rob us already. Not being able to even have a gun now just makes it so much more horrible. I tried asking the staff team for some kind of protection at Weazel like LSC and Bayview have. But I always just get ignored. So working at Weazel will be a lot of fun from now on. Can't wait to get robbed or just die every single day.

Government Employees need permits no matter what. Link them to their government ID's or something but don't just deny the applications and expect us to still be as active as before.

+1 I agree that we need protection for our jobs. Working at Weazel I’ve had people jump our fence, rob and murder me, try to steal cars not knowing our gate won’t open for them, etc... however I also believe that Weazel needs to be treated like the government office it is and included in the NCZs which is a matter for a different topic.... but out on the road answering calls, a gun is the only safety measure we have, were driving to remote locations to meet citizens we know nothing about and are out in unsafe situations all the time. 

1 minute ago, BellamyJames said:

a gun is the only safety measure we have, were driving to remote locations to meet citizens we know nothing about and are out in unsafe situations all the time. 

People cannot call you to get you to come and then rob you. I see what the government workers are talking about in this thread though. A lot of petty thieves make their living off of robbing taxi drivers, weazel, etc. +1 to this suggestion, but they should still pay the 10k re-register fee IMO.

+1 As a Weazel News worker for around 7 months (OOC) I can say there have been lots of times where we have had to deal with criminals. Whether it's been at our HQ or out on the street doing adverts, having a firearm to protect ourselves is totally necessary. I understand people with criminal records shouldn't be allowed a firearm, however, I feel there should be an exception for government workers, where after a certain amount of time (e.g. 2 months), previous charges shouldn't be accounted for.

12 minutes ago, Swifty said:

Maybe instead of some-sort exception we could setup and offer folks with rather minor records with some sort of chance of pardon / clemency? 

If your good enough to get a government job you should be allowed a gun. Small arms no matter what a one time pardon if you mess up you loose it.

4 hours ago, Aldari_Tagril said:

Make an Internal Affairs report: https://gov.eclipse-rp.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3259

You don't need any evidence, you can just file a complaint and the internal IA detectives will investigate the issue. 

That’s only one example ... either you support the post or not I don’t need comments explaining situations that everyone knows if your able to get a government job your able to get a gun license or no one will work period.

1 minute ago, ImSuspensee said:

Don't have felonies and work for the government? I mean thats a solution.

I don't think that someone's past should define them forever. To work at a gov agency like Weazel anyone is free from criminal activity. Are you saying one mistake (or false accusation) should never be forgiven. 

People did the crime, people suffer the consequences. Felony crimes are very serious, they don't come from speeding tickets. Also I disagree with calling Weazel a true government job. It's just people making advertisements and driving around in a van. If /vnn was around then anyone with a van could be a Weazel News employee, so to say reporters should be treated differently than a civilian just doesn't make sense to me.  Long story short, I don't think serious felonies should be forgiven.

I just say things how they are. I am a very straight forward person. Weazel makes announcements.... what else? Why would they need to be treated differently than someone else? Because they work in a building compared to someone who works maybe at a clothing store? I just don't understand it is all. If you can convince me otherwise I'd love to agree with you, but I just don't.

Edited by ImSuspensee

I don't think I'm parading much, just... stating facts. I actually agree with Eshu when he said they got the government job already, but what I am saying is I don't think government jobs like Weazel should be automatically exempt from the felony rule because they already have the job, it needs to be manually looked into as every person is different.

@slimmer57

You made a claim with no evidence, you were directed to a form you could fill out that could be investigated if your claim is true. Otherwise,

Don't commit felonies and then expect to be employed by a government agency and the perks that come with it. It's not consistent RP to expect to be a criminal and also receive the perks of being a law abiding citizen. Choose one or the other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImSuspensee said:

People did the crime, people suffer the consequences. Felony crimes are very serious, they don't come from speeding tickets. Also I disagree with calling Weazel a true government job. It's just people making advertisements and driving around in a van. If /vnn was around then anyone with a van could be a Weazel News employee, so to say reporters should be treated differently than a civilian just doesn't make sense to me.  Long story short, I don't think serious felonies should be forgiven.

If we are going off of past things like /vnn and bleeting then anyone iwth a gun in the past should be allowed to keep there gun licnese and if its not a true governemtn job you shoul take that up with someone else, But as now it is a government job. 

When you move "into" the city its hard doing shit at first especially from a stand point of a new player and a gang picking you up trying to "help you out" You all have been around the city alot longer then anyone else and you are also cops so yes. It is gonna be a different stand point from a cop but maybe if the rule was implemented before you got introuble and were new to town then, I would completly under stand. But from being in the city and the rules completely changing in the middle there has to be a stand point of we changed the rules in the middle of everyone being intown. Instead of looking at it threw a point of i have been in the city for a long time and dont give a  fuck take some time to acctually think about other people and new people. From a cop youll will have a gun no matter what.

And you better have your ass in town 24/7 answer any call and everycall if you are going to -1 this. No cops are here to ever respond to calls. A call was at lsc about someone stealing a car they couldnt do anything about. 2 fucking hours later a cop finally shows up. so unless your "cops" are gonna step your game up then dont give me the no government jobs need a gun. Dosnt matter if you dont think it should be a government job. It is and that is that. Go voice your opinion in a suggestion and get it changed. not on my suggestion.

1 hour ago, Aldari_Tagril said:

@slimmer57

You made a claim with no evidence, you were directed to a form you could fill out that could be investigated if your claim is true. Otherwise,

Don't commit felonies and then expect to be employed by a government agency and the perks that come with it. It's not consistent RP to expect to be a criminal and also receive the perks of being a law abiding citizen. Choose one or the other. 

If i did a crime along long time ago no one will have the fucking proof anymore. This can be a year or 2 ago. So unless you have proof constantly from when it happened then maybe you should think about your answer? 

Even if you say the cops should have it that did it . Well if hes no longer a cop and dosnt come into town? Im not gonna keep years worth of clips on a hard drive to take up more and more space. If you want to send me more hard drives let me know

The crappy part for myself and many others is that I earned a felony and misdemeanor a week or so ago. Now with this rule change I stand no chance at ever legally purchasing a firearm. The thing is, I was working on trying to legitimize my character but it seems I stand no chance. Now I will constantly just have to hands up people to grab their straps now which is okay but limits my rp. 

If i did a crime along long time ago no one will have the fucking proof anymore.

Just like IRL your criminal record remains and so would the case RP'ly. 

So unless you have proof constantly from when it happened 

RP'ly there would be yes. That's what the Mobile Data Centre that the police use is for. 

In character actions have in character consequences. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.