HugoBombay

Speeding Tickets.

It makes no sense that speeding tickets can only be paid for. The fact that you can actually be arrested for refusing to pay and then after a sentence have none of the charges wiped is unrealistic and a bad way of making use of your speed cameras. I feel like 90 percent of people would agree on this. It's unrealistic... It makes no sense and it's not how it works in real life. I could see why the staff implement this and that's so the speed cameras aren't useless. But there need's to be other ways of going about this like bartering a judge. I really think especially for new players like me who just start the server end up starting to rack up 30 tickets at a time and struggle to earn money (especially when your vehicle is impounded and you have these tickets) For someone like me the game becomes almost impossible to play and very frustrating without my vehicle and no money. The ideal situation would be for tickets to be completely paid off with jail time but that's unfair on the developers work and ruins the whole point of speed cameras... And do you really just want to put people through this kind of tedious process? It's really frustrating for most I feel and even still for the rich. Make tickets cheaper for new players or do something to make the game a lot less laborious in areas of grinding for money. At least implement a handicap, Thank you. And remember not everything has to be perfect, make the game a bit more bearable for your community.🙂

Yours truly, 
            Darjeet Bombay.

Edited by HugoBombay
  • Like 3

On 4/10/2019 at 10:13 PM, HugoBombay said:

It makes no sense that speeding tickets can only be paid for. The fact that you can actually be arrested for refusing to pay and then after a sentence have none of the charges wiped is unrealistic and a bad way of making use of your speed cameras. I feel like 90 percent of people would agree on this. It's unrealistic... It makes no sense and it's not how it works in real life. I could see why the staff implement this and that's so the speed cameras aren't useless. But there need's to be other ways of going about this like bartering a judge. I really think especially for new players like me who just start the server end up starting to rack up 30 tickets at a time and struggle to earn money (especially when your vehicle is impounded and you have these tickets) For someone like me the game becomes almost impossible to play and very frustrating without my vehicle and no money. The ideal situation would be for tickets to be completely paid off with jail time but that's unfair on the developers work and ruins the whole point of speed cameras... And do you really just want to put people through this kind of tedious process? It's really frustrating for most I feel and even still for the rich. Make tickets cheaper for new players or do something to make the game a lot less laborious in areas of grinding for money. At least implement a handicap, Thank you. And remember not everything has to be perfect, make the game a bit more bearable for your community.🙂

Yours truly, 
            Darjeet Bombay.

As I do agree tickets could be a bit cheaper...

On 4/10/2019 at 11:27 PM, gblizzard said:

2yad6d.jpg

I'll have to agree with this. Since you said you're new I's guessing you haven't don't a ton of driving in the city, with time, just like everyone else, you'll get used to them. The locations of the cameras. The side roads to take if you're really in a rush. The cameras probably aren't going to change anytime soon. Your best bet is hoping for a fine reduction, and pretty much just getting used to where they are. 

1 hour ago, HugoBombay said:

See I hate people who say this...

massive -1. I hate people who moans about speeding in NCZ, you clearly get a message saying your speed was above speed limit, it's not like it's hidden or something so after few text messages you will clearly notice that. plus the max sentence is 2 hours, it doesn't stack up, that is not realistic, you would get loads of speed tickets, sit afk jail 2 hours and that's it. Jail is already not a punisment, people ain't scared to get in there, so stop whining and rp better.

Edited by Scott Cleverley
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 10:49 AM, Scott Cleverley said:

massive -1. I hate people who moans about speeding in NCZ, you clearly get a message saying your speed was above speed limit, it's not like it's hidden or something so after few text messages you will clearly notice that. plus the max sentence is 2 hours, it doesn't stack up, that is not realistic, you would get loads of speed tickets, sit afk jail 2 hours and that's it. Jail is already not a punisment, people ain't scared to get in there, so stop whining and rp better.

Alright scotty mate will do ^^

+1 reduce ticket fee for new player. We should have a system where ticket fee increases for each ticket given. For new player being slapped 2000$ ticket is not fun at all. We still have to learn about all the NCZ locations and get familiar with those first. 

On 4/14/2019 at 5:26 PM, Trac3rZ said:

+1 reduce ticket fee for new player. We should have a system where ticket fee increases for each ticket given. For new player being slapped 2000$ ticket is not fun at all. We still have to learn about all the NCZ locations and get familiar with those first. 

If you passed your quiz you know all the locations... assuming you did the quiz and read the rules yourself.

If the server is going to stick to these speed cameras that least that could be done is fix the cruise control. Jumping from 70-90 in a sports car is done instantly and half of the time the cruise doesn't seem to work at all. I personally don't mind the speed cameras but the fact is the cruise control does not work flawlessly which is causing a LOT of tickets amongst me and friends that I know of.

And no, responding to the types of threads like ''Don't speed then'' has no point whatsoever. As for my thing, keeping in mind throttle control on a Keyboard is either 100% or 0% the tresh-holds for tickets need to be looked at again.

Edited by Levi208

15 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

The max prison time is 2 hours, if you got your tickets wiped every time you went to prison, people would voluntarily go to prison. 

I don't see what's so unreasonable about having to pay the money you owe to the government.

I don't owe that money to the government when the reason I got those speeding tickets to begin with was because the system you guys put in place, aka the cruise does not work perfectly. Or let's talk about the fact my elegy has no plates on it. Half of the features of these speed cameras are simply missing. The fact there is no  way to dodge these fines either is ridiculous. I vote after an X amount of time, fines go old. Police should've caught you in that X amount of time.

7 hours ago, Levi208 said:

I don't owe that money to the government when the reason I got those speeding tickets to begin with was because the system you guys put in place, aka the cruise does not work perfectly. Or let's talk about the fact my elegy has no plates on it. Half of the features of these speed cameras are simply missing. The fact there is no  way to dodge these fines either is ridiculous. I vote after an X amount of time, fines go old. Police should've caught you in that X amount of time.

There is a way to dodge them, don't speed. 

• PogU 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/17/2019 at 4:44 AM, Buggiman said:

It can be something like this. 

1st ticket: $500

2nd ticket: $1000

3rd ticket: $1500

4th ticket: Jail time! And reset ticket price to 1st one.

It's just an idea don't bash me with bats please.

That would be nice for the people who don't speed and care about tickets. You accidentally get one and you can go pay it immediately. 

If you cant afford the tickets then you should do your time in jail instead, not both thats just dumb

also the tickets are way too expensive, i mean i get it for a high end player whos got loads of cash but for new players and people living off there government cheques 2000 is way too much per ticket

and the jail system being shite atm is really not our fault is it? i mean if i cant pay then i go to jail and thats payment enough surely? not spend ages in jail not earning money then having to come out and still have the tickets so get arrested again, cant earn money, get out, still got the same tickets...arrested again...just a bad cycle

On 4/17/2019 at 3:52 PM, alexalex303 said:

The max prison time is 2 hours, if you got your tickets wiped every time you went to prison, people would voluntarily go to prison. 

I don't see what's so unreasonable about having to pay the money you owe to the government.

This ^^.. We shouldn't need to keep coming back to this topic imo.

15 hours ago, Sauer Stein said:

Why own a fast car if you can't go... fast?

You can go fast... just don't do it in the 4 places the cameras are. The speed cameras are to keep the NCZ safe since people like to blow past them at 200+ desyncing into people and ramming cars. I was originally against them and then realized how much nicer it is not getting hit and losing everything every other time I go to the bank. The other 90% of the map go ahead and go as fast as you want.

It's completely aids. Not the cameras themselves, but the way tickets are handled. Since cops can know who you are even with a mask on just by having your phone turned on, they basically always have a reason to arrest now. And 2 hours in jail for speeding tickets? I got less time robbing gas stations and getting at cops than that. Rediculous honestly and it's not the cameras that need working, it's the way we get charged and arrested that needs to be revamped. Or maybe setup a wage garnishing plugin or something so if you owe for tickets, depending on how many, have it deduct from your government cheques instead. Or something along those lines. 2 hours for speeding is insane

Also, SEAWEED

Edited by DGanja

2 minutes ago, DGanja said:

It's completely aids. Not the cameras themselves, but the way tickets are handled. Since cops can know who you are even with a mask on just by having your phone turned on, they basically always have a reason to arrest now. And 2 hours in jail for speeding tickets? I got less time robbing gas stations and getting at cops than that. Rediculous honestly and it's not the cameras that need working, it's the way we get charged and arrested that needs to be revamped. Or maybe setup a wage garnishing plugin or something so if you owe for tickets, depending on how many, have it deduct from your government cheques instead. Or something along those lines. 2 hours for speeding is insane

the time in prison isnt the issue its the fact that after serving that time the tickets are still there

however you idea makes sense because its like an Attachment of earnings demand on a debt so when you collect your wages you get a deduction for tickets untill they are paid

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.