At the current point of ECRP, almost every official gang (I assume the same for unofficial) is frequently at the 30 cap of faction members and end up having waitlists etc. Generally curious of factions input on if the current 30 cap is good, or if returning to 40 would revive crim more. Back during the 40 cap it allowed gangs to have day/night members and there was overall more presence, now there's only a select few gangs at each time. I know one of the original reasons for this was for more gangs to be made, however in my opinion member cap doesn’t affect much in ways of gang creation. The creation of gangs more or less just comes down to people willing to run them. Any input on this would be great! 

Edited by Undyingheart112
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

+1 with the limited amount of official factions at the moment its already hard enough to join them.

As well with many gangs that are unofficial there are still so many at capacity. 

A capacity of 40-45 would be much better to spread members throughout timezones etc as well as just giving more people the chance to be part of criminal RP because at the moment if youre a solo gang going against a gang with max capacity, result is already determined ha

30 is a good number, anything above this is just unnecessary as it's mostly just wanting more people to roll labs with. As Checkyy said, there is one group that comes to mind and this benefits them only, so it's a no from me.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Astrx said:

30 is a good number, anything above this is just unnecessary as it's mostly just wanting more people to roll labs with. As Checkyy said, there is one group that comes to mind and this benefits them only, so it's a no from me.

I feel like a majority of groups would benefit from this, im unsure who the one group who would be the only to supposedly benefit it, however I believe gangs have recently just disbadned which means them people will need to go somewhere and im sure the current factions dont have enough space scriptly as well as unofficial ones will quickly fill up 

8 minutes ago, Payn said:

however I believe gangs have recently just disbadned which means them people will need to go somewhere and im sure the current factions dont have enough space scriptly as well as unofficial ones will quickly fill up 

Seems like an amazing time for them to maybe make something new and unique that will benefit the roleplay side of the server instead of just filling up more clap crews 😄

Lets be honest, I'm not turning this into another argument thread, but wanting to up the faction member count is silly imo and just promotes wanting to have more friends in a group that they can roll around labs with. 30 is already a high amount of people, and if it were up to me I would lower it. I really don't think factions should be allowed 40 people, because that's a lot of people and just unnecessary.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for having fun with friends and wanting to play with friends, but this suggestion is not the right way to go about it.

• Upvote 1

honestly less would be better. 15-20 even. More diversity in gangs, more active groups at different times, more RP options for interaction, alliances, war, etc. making them bigger than 30 would be going in the wrong direction.

obviously this would have to come with increasing the frequency new official gangs are added, as officials are what quite a few people want to join or create, and it seems like its been quite a while since the last official gang was introduced, while several have quit or are not doing anything anymore.

Edited by Demonmit1

I can see where you're coming from. A lot of people just want to roll with their friends and also not worry about the OOC side of things, like running a faction, OOC meetings, managing faction threads/posts, etc. I personally don't see the issue with having a 40-man faction cap. Some might say "It's too much" but like.. and? What's wrong with that?

If the argument here is "More people for the clap" - then that's a completely different subject. We have FS to deal with factions RP standards. I think the faction cap rule should only be applied to factions with questionable RP standards, instead of making it a blanket rule for all factions; it should come as a form of punishment. 

29 minutes ago, Harveyyy said:

I can see where you're coming from. A lot of people just want to roll with their friends and also not worry about the OOC side of things, like running a faction, OOC meetings, managing faction threads/posts, etc. I personally don't see the issue with having a 40-man faction cap. Some might say "It's too much" but like.. and? What's wrong with that?

If the argument here is "More people for the clap" - then that's a completely different subject. We have FS to deal with factions RP standards. I think the faction cap rule should only be applied to factions with questionable RP standards, instead of making it a blanket rule for all factions; it should come as a form of punishment. 

^^^^^^

If someone is quite obviously a clap crew this can be dealt with seperately, rather than just assuming that since cap is higher everyone is a clap crew haha.

40 wouldnt be a game breaking number of people to have in a gang and to keep in mind more often than not, they wont all be on at the same time so its not like youre going to have 40 people running in a lab and just overpowering everyone.

Its less of a timezone issue but more like gives more people an opportunity. Whilst yeah you can make your own faction, the vast majority of people may not want to, or have the time to do that so its much better to join a gang, but if they are all full, what choice do they have

My group are also at the 30 limit (even though not official) and I think this is a good spot. Allowing higher caps will just steam-roll over smaller groups and bring back the council mentality of 2019/20 which killed criminal RP outside of the council.

If criminal RP focussed more on roleplay over rolling labs to clap, there could be an argument for an increase but in the current environment I do not think it would be healthy to the community.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, MrSilky said:

If criminal RP focussed more on roleplay over rolling labs to clap, there could be an argument for an increase but in the current environment I do not think it would be healthy to the community.

To be honest, this is fair. Perhaps the rule could be changed at some point in the future!

-1 But only for the simple reason that I think we should be encouraging new groups to form and grow and create RP not just swell the ranks of already existing groups.  I will say I do agree with the fact it could be something that could be looked at in the future tho.