Phil McGee

Rules Breaches By Reporting Party's Punishable

I have seen a magnitude of examples when reports are made and the evidence supplied portrays the accuser breaching server rules only to not be reprimanded within that report.

I feel if the accusers rule breaches are laid out quite clearly for the admin to view ,then they should be punished within the same report. And they should not say" if you feel a rule was broken make a separate report". 

Some admins punish , some don't. I'd personally like to see this be a bit more consistent across the board 

The main reason for this is to deter the petty reports that are flooding the report section. As they may think twice about reporting if there is  the possibility they  will also be punished. But as it stands now it's the  same mentality as a gorilla slinging shit  against the zoo wall, eventually some will stick but he won't be punished so why wouldn't he.

• Upvote 3

Totally agree wit that because often the rule-break that is reported has happened due to the fact that the reporter was breaching some sort or rule in the first place and made the whole situation and rp experience annoying. Like not showing fear rp and ignoring the situation and then getting shot at which leads to a DM report although the reporter ignored everything happening in the first place.

+1, but the staff doesn't need to make an official mention that they are doing it.

I understand the concern that reports will just become fights, but personally: if I make a report and it turns out I'm the one in the wrong, I want to be called out on it and corrected by the staff. I don't think someone should feel like they need to make a completely new report just to ensure I get told that I was in the wrong.

On 2/25/2019 at 6:22 PM, Darnell said:

This turns the reports into a fight, where each side tries to get the other into trouble as much as possible. The report should have an accuser, and a defender. If the reporters broke a rule, a separate report should be made.

separate reports would just lead to more admin time being wasted. If what you said happens, this is usually when the admins come in and @ everyone involved asking them to make 1 post clearly describing their side and to stop with the petty BS replies. Big +1 OP. good suggestion.

On 2/25/2019 at 11:22 PM, Darnell said:

This turns the reports into a fight, where each side tries to get the other into trouble as much as possible. The report should have an accuser, and a defender. If the reporters broke a rule, a separate report should be made.

That is a waste of resources in my opinion and its just plain lazy. For example I selected a report at random just to see its contents which already had an admin response. In the accusers footage his driver ramps off an upper story stunt jump on his bike. Now obviously whomever the driver is, is committing a rule breach AKA stunt jumps but will he punished, probably not.  Sure it happens in some cases, but its not consistent across the board and therefore unfair on the community.  

https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/topic/15335-id-52-78-combat-and-roleplay-logging/

Edited by Phil McGee