tourelle4u

New Goverment Faction [DMV]

Hello,

I was doing some thinking, and would love to see a new faction DMV instead of the regular in-game bot DMV. The faction would be authorized to suspend licenses, issues licenses, tests, etc and charge a fee to do so. I believe that it would increase more role-play and better fun for doing DMV. Having a real player conduct the test and grade you based on your driving. It would be fun to RP and be a employee of. We could have new commands added just for the faction that allowed the issue of truck licenses, drivers licenses, suspending, etc and even maybe paybe vehicle registration in the future? Just an idea I had that would make it more fun to get a license or even enforce it. I have a lot of ideas for it please ask for more details 🙂

Atticus Smith

Faction Idea's:

1) In-Game Exam Test Issued By Players

2) In-Game DMV Driving Test By Players

3) New Forum Section For DMV for grading the tests and etc

4) New Commands For DMV

5) Vehicle Registration 

6) Registration Suspended if to many tickets

7) ETC

Edited by tourelle4u
  • Like 4

I think this is something any gov employee can do in city hall, so no need for this to be its own faction.

However I'm conflicted with this. The current tutorial is very well done and it's simple to do. Getting a drivers license is usually a new player thing and is something I feel like should be available 24/7, since it's a necessity. Lets not forget that player count drops very low for quite a few hours, especially during work days, so finding someone to do this with could be a big problem for some players. It can already be pretty difficult to get your car out of PD impound during that time, now imagine if mors insurance would also be player ran. 

I think this should wait a bit, until city hall is more developed and also once/if average player count rises during morning hours.

-1 So they can sit there and make lines take hours to just type on a keyboard and print a piece of paper? (Its a US joke)

A reason this should NOT be a Gov Faction, regardless if it enhances RP or not, is because if no one is on....how will new/old players get licenses? How would they Take the Exams if no employee is online to do it? Maybe there are employees, but they are from the EU and the person trying to get their license is from the US and can never catch an employee when they are on Duty. 

I don't deny that it would add more roleplay, but adding player control to something that dictates whether or not you can take a Job, Drive a car, etc, shouldn't be in place. It should remain Automatic and let the server script accept/deny the bad drivers. 

On 2/14/2019 at 8:41 PM, Marca said:

I think this is something any gov employee can do in city hall, so no need for this to be its own faction.

However I'm conflicted with this. The current tutorial is very well done and it's simple to do. Getting a drivers license is usually a new player thing and is something I feel like should be available 24/7, since it's a necessity. Lets not forget that player count drops very low for quite a few hours, especially during work days, so finding someone to do this with could be a big problem for some players. It can already be pretty difficult to get your car out of PD impound during that time, now imagine if mors insurance would also be player ran. 

I think this should wait a bit, until city hall is more developed and also once/if average player count rises during morning hours.

My thoughts exactly.

As good as this sounds in theory getting a drivers license is the first thing that people do on the server and for that reason it should remain a script thing.