Malcolm Carter

Incentivize becoming an EMT

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Carter said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who very rarely actually has a medic respond to my 911 call, clearly there are not enough medics in town. So my suggestion is quite a simple one - why not increase their hourly wages to encourage more people to apply to be EMTs?

You can put as much mdc you want, aslong as poeple rp in such manners that they're not afraid to shoot you on sight there's always going to be EMTs shortage since they're always busy. But yes I think that would be a step to that direction. +1

Sometimes people should roleplay other types of injuries rather than the common broken middle legs 

Regardless if you gave more money or another incentive. The role of being a healer in any game is an unpopular choice for most. People just don't like it. Regardless of the games difference, Healer = Medics for GTA. 

42 minutes ago, Squid420 said:

Sometimes people should roleplay other types of injuries rather than the common broken middle legs 

Regardless if you gave more money or another incentive. The role of being a healer in any game is an unpopular choice for most. People just don't like it. Regardless of the games difference, Healer = Medics for GTA. 

I don't see your point - yes it's unpopular, so let's make it more desirable to increase its popularity.

Medics can only get paid so much, I used to be a medic and I was easily getting paid more then most other factions, its not about money, it's just not the funnest faction, because you respond to calls with people who can't be asked to RP injuries or anything like that, it becomes repetitive especially when half the calls end up being broken legs.

5 minutes ago, waffels852 said:

Medics can only get paid so much, I used to be a medic and I was easily getting paid more then most other factions, its not about money, it's just not the funnest faction, because you respond to calls with people who can't be asked to RP injuries or anything like that, it becomes repetitive especially when half the calls end up being broken legs.

broken leg gang, ya know

5 hours ago, Malcolm Carter said:

I'm sure I'm not the only one who very rarely actually has a medic respond to my 911 call, clearly there are not enough medics in town. So my suggestion is quite a simple one - why not increase their hourly wages to encourage more people to apply to be EMTs?

I can tell you that the reason isn't necessarily the number of medics that are on, or off duty. It is more about the calls they receive.

90% of the calls MD receives are usually duplicate calls. Unlike calls that the injured person made themselves which close themselves if he is brought to MD/dies. Duplicate calls remain active until a medic actually closes them. This not only wastes a large amount of time for medics by driving to each call's location. But also adds to the frustration and boredom of being a medic.

Now, to the injured people themselves. most players on this server, usually enjoy earning more. And not roleplaying more, this comes into the form of ridiculous bad RP in most of the medical roleplay that is made every day.

An example can be easily given, this being the "broken leg". As you, and I'm assuming many other players know. The typical roleplayer in ECRP will most of the time avoid giving detailed /do's and /me's. And would rather give one-line answers to any roleplay medics attempt to do with him. This is another factor which adds to the frustration medics experience most of the time.

While you or anyone may think this cuts down the duration of time it takes for each medic to finish a simple roleplay scenario like this. It does not, as usually. The people that do so, take their time with their roleplay. As slow as it may be. This, alongside the previous factors I've mentioned. Really take the fun away from being a medic. Don't you think?

In short, players would rather stand afk at a drug lab to buy that AK of theirs, then roleplay. On a roleplay server.

To your suggestion (increasing their salary). I don't believe it is necessary. From my experience, most medics joined MD in the first place for the roleplay. Not the pay, in the first place. This is a Role-play server. Not a "Money-making server". None the less, you'd be surprised to know. Medics make a nice amount of cash, they receive an extra 200$ for each player they bring to MD.

So, let me sum this up:

1. MD's problem is not within it internally. But mostly due to the players that play on ECRP. From constant stalling to no knowledge in /do's and etc.
  2. Increasing MD's faction treasury so it may increase it's employee's budgets, will not help. They already receive more than most factions. 
  3. If you really believe MD won't come for you when you're injured, why do you risk yourself constantly and end up injured?
  4. If you think MD is doing a bad job, maybe try to join it yourself. Try and change things up, see how it is from their perspective. I'm sure you'd enjoy the duty of responding to 8 calls, attempting to respond to each one as fast as you can.

Kind Regards, HaminLord.

Edited by HaminLord
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Hey there,

I've been part of the MD since September at this point and I've seen lows and highs in the faction.

The issue isn't the pay, the issue is the overall RP people do with the medic. As stated above, broken legs and low effort roleplay is 95% of the calls. People don't like dying, and they'll come up with the blandest stuff to get back on the street as normal.

We get a steady income of applications, but a lot of people get demotivated during their training or leave for a more "fun" experience shortly after finishing their training.

More pay won't do anything, if anything I feel the pay for medics is more than sufficient enough as is.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HaminLord said:

I can tell you that the reason isn't necessarily the number of medics that are on, or off duty. It is more about the calls they receive.

90% of the calls MD receives are usually duplicate calls. Unlike calls that the injured person made themselves which close themselves if he is brought to MD/dies. Duplicate calls remain active until a medic actually closes them. This not only wastes a large amount of time for medics by driving to each call's location. But also adds to the frustration and boredom of being a medic.

Now, to the injured people themselves. most players on this server, usually enjoy earning more. And not roleplaying more, this comes into the form of ridiculous bad RP in most of the medical roleplay that is made every day.

An example can be easily given, this being the "broken leg". As you, and I'm assuming many other players know. The typical roleplayer in ECRP will most of the time avoid giving detailed /do's and /me's. And would rather give one-line answers to any roleplay medics attempt to do with him. This is another factor which adds to the frustration medics experience most of the time.

While you or anyone may think this cuts down the duration of time it takes for each medic to finish a simple roleplay scenario like this. It does not, as usually. The people that do so, take their time with their roleplay. As slow as it may be. This, alongside the previous factors I've mentioned. Really take the fun away from being a medic. Don't you think?

In short, players would rather stand afk at a drug lab to buy that AK of theirs, then roleplay. On a roleplay server.

To your suggestion (increasing their salary). I don't believe it is necessary. From my experience, most medics joined MD in the first place for the roleplay. Not the pay, in the first place. This is a Role-play server. Not a "Money-making server". None the less, you'd be surprised to know. Medics make a nice amount of cash, they receive an extra 200$ for each player they bring to MD.

So, let me sum this up:

1. MD's problem is not within it internally. But mostly due to the players that play on ECRP. From constant stalling to no knowledge in /do's and etc.
  2. Increasing MD's faction treasury so it may increase it's employee's budgets, will not help. They already receive more than most factions. 
  3. If you really believe MD won't come for you when you're injured, why do you risk yourself constantly and end up injured?
  4. If you think MD is doing a bad job, maybe try to join it yourself. Try and change things up, see how it is from their perspective. I'm sure you'd enjoy the duty of responding to 8 calls, attempting to respond to each one as fast as you can.

Kind Regards, HaminLord.

Just this.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.