E4GLE

Tazer system

I don't want to make this long...

Overall, i would suggest kind of buff for tazer on server. Currently, when you taze someone, he will get stunned for 10 seconds and that's all, when it pass, he can run freely, it's really annoying since most of players actually don't even Roleplay tazer properly, like, they literary got shoot by high voltage stun bolts, and they would just run away until we catch them / taze them again.

I know, we should report them on forum for Non-RP, that's an option, but as well not valid a long term strategy to prevent this from happening, what i suggest is actually, when you taze someone, he will get stunned for 10 sec, yes, but after that, make tazed player incapable of moving freely, or better said, put him in thirsty / hungry state, you know, when you are thirsty / hungry so you can sprint / run full speed. It would prevent situation like explained above from happening etc.

T.L.D.R. - Lower their thirst / hunger after being tazed so they can't run like they are supposed to.

Edited by Vladimir Gabov

I mean -1 I am a firm believer in the 2-3 tazer rule as at the end of the days this a video game and I think everyone should have the opportunity at least to do their own thing like for me I am tazeing someone 3 times before i go /pm 243 like bruh come on anymore and I will have to report for NONRP.

And with the system you suggest it does not change anything as now I just run slower and will still have to report. If the tazer was not just a aim and click but had some sort of hard to hit but if you do hit its like a 30 second stun instead of the small window I would be down.

As tazer effects effect people in different ways for a variety of factors, Some people just are "immune" to tazers and some people will literally seize up and become stiff as a board while tazed. (Hence why I believe in a 2-3 tazer rule).

Also just taze someone and then pull out your gun and aim it and put them under actual fear rp.

I agree in this as it would increase he realism but if we are increasing the realism you shouldn't have a huge range for the taser like there is at the moment, it is unfair buff one aspect of the taser and not reduce another aspect.

Edit : could also add in a chance for the taser to not affect the suspect like a 1/4 which I think would be pretty cool as in real life tasers dont always work

Edited by Ven0m1201

I have a neutral biased to this suggestion.

I feel it's a great idea, however like mentioned above. A taser isn't always 100% reliable.

For example: Someone wearing baggy clothes or thick clothes the taser would struggle to penetrate the skin to cause incapacitation to the muscles.  

Due to this example... I feel this suggestion could be edited slightly to make up a random system which implements the Taser being effective or not effective.

Chance to Taser not being effective. (The person does not get tased and is able to continue) - Will have to wait for the taser to reenergise before shooting again.

Chance of Taser being effective. (The player becomes incapacitated and has slowing effects of recovery)

I feel this would add more realism to the Taser as a whole and would give players on both sides opportunities to Roleplay equally. Deposing the chance of Non-RP / Fear RP.

Edited by ATV

40 minutes ago, ATV said:

The player becomes decapitated

The player..WHAT.

But I think this suggestion overall is more of a pitfall of rp standards. If someone is still running after day 2 or 3 tazes then they're just poorly roleplaying the situation. 

A 10 second stun is very strong and usually more than enough to do rp of attempt grabbing them whilst tazed since that's pretty much the irl procedure when you taze someone.

If they continue running, or worse, ignore RP you try and do whilst they're tazed then that's a solid report for nonrp.

I agree that there are issues with player's interaction with tasers for sure many times, but to Ash's point, this is a problem with RP standards and not the script. Adjustments needs to be made to the RP on both sides if this is a problem. The player tasing the other player should utilize RP to grab them while they are tased as would be done realistically. The player being tased should roleplay the effects of a taser correctly and properly respond if they are being grabbed or restrained. 

My point of overall sugesstion is actuall OOC solution for the problem with players. Yesterday, we literary had suspect, driven from SD to DoC. In moment when SD parked the car, he exited car himself and started running, we literary catched him on the other side of the prison cuz. he was doing bunny hop with handcuffs on him. We can't taze him because of his fast movement. Like, there is now RP aspect, like you would have balls to exit from PD / SD cruiser as suspect while other sheriff / PD is beside you on seat as well another one on driver seat. In fast paced situations like that, we literary can't wait for staff but need to deal our self. That's why this system would be more then useful, to prevent cringe Roleplay overall. Yes, idea with ,,chance" of being tazed would work, but still, if we know like, baggy clothes can help with tazer shot, everyone would wear it to abuse system.  P.S range of tazer is literary small af, it's like range of standard PD cruiser i guess, overall, very minimal just like it should be.

Someone above said, just use batton, well, we can't even do that, when we taze someone, and like start writing /me command for cuffing and stuff, in that time their tazer effect will pass already and they will be gone, while we need to turn off chat then unholster tazer again ( animation is too slow ), and then run after him to catch him. With system like i suggested above it would be kind of prevented since they can't actually run. I gave refference for the devs / staff how it should look like with thirst / hunger example. But after all it's on them.

15 hours ago, Vladimir Gabov said:

My point of overall sugesstion is actuall OOC solution for the problem with players. Yesterday, we literary had suspect, driven from SD to DoC. In moment when SD parked the car, he exited car himself and started running, we literary catched him on the other side of the prison cuz. he was doing bunny hop with handcuffs on him. We can't taze him because of his fast movement. Like, there is now RP aspect, like you would have balls to exit from PD / SD cruiser as suspect while other sheriff / PD is beside you on seat as well another one on driver seat. In fast paced situations like that, we literary can't wait for staff but need to deal our self. That's why this system would be more then useful, to prevent cringe Roleplay overall. Yes, idea with ,,chance" of being tazed would work, but still, if we know like, baggy clothes can help with tazer shot, everyone would wear it to abuse system.  P.S range of tazer is literary small af, it's like range of standard PD cruiser i guess, overall, very minimal just like it should be.

Someone above said, just use batton, well, we can't even do that, when we taze someone, and like start writing /me command for cuffing and stuff, in that time their tazer effect will pass already and they will be gone, while we need to turn off chat then unholster tazer again ( animation is too slow ), and then run after him to catch him. With system like i suggested above it would be kind of prevented since they can't actually run. I gave refference for the devs / staff how it should look like with thirst / hunger example. But after all it's on them.

Everything you are talking about here is an OOC rules problem. If a player is acting like this - ignoring RP, jumping out of a police car, performing unrealistic actions - then its just straight rule breaking and non-rp and it's as simple as /report 4 and let server staff deal with the problem. 4.

I understand where you are coming from regarding putting in fixes to lessen the rule breaks, but if someone is already willing to play unrealistically and isn't willing to RP to begin with, then just changing the taser alone isn't going to help that. They will still likely play out the situation unrealistically in other ways regardless and server staff intervention will still probably be needed anyways.

15 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

I mean speed cameras were a script solution to wide-spread bad roleplay. I feel that making people walk very slow for a few minutes after tased would help avoid reports and OOC tension.

Exacly this, there is no point of forcing every good roleplay situation to stop because of stuff like this, nor staff can always react that fast to make solution for situation. Players should be forced to finish any kind of roleplay situation whenever, then after situation IC is resolved ( being put in the prison for criminals or such ) they can make report here on forum for situation to be properly OOC resolved with all important evidence.

There is plenty of time for you to grab hold of the person during the 10 second tase. 

On 9/12/2022 at 12:15 PM, Ash said:

A 10 second stun is very strong and usually more than enough to do rp of attempt grabbing them whilst tazed since that's pretty much the irl procedure when you taze someone.

Just like Ash said, rp grabbing them when they have been tased. 

I feel buffing then will only make it worse because they will get overused or people will get over tased. 

• Like 1

I think it would be kinda great if the taser radgolled people, and stunned them, like it does in regular GTA. Right now it just freezes them in place and ragdolls them sometimes. This would just be visual and not really a buff.

As I tell people in DOC, RP grabbing when they're tased. They can't do much while they're incapacitated for the 10 seconds. The taser is fine at it is IMO strength wise.