JayGamble

Los Zetas

Guarding the batch and the family. 

Stranger-3593-8825-1542473053760.png

Don't remember having more fun with these guys than I had in my whole experience on Eclipse. Been here for a month on Eclipse, just now with the Zeta's after the leadership of Vagos, but I already feel at home with these people. 

Edited by Ashbringer
Caption
  • Like 1

Hello,

I have few questions towards your faction/faction thread.

1. Do you acknowledge the fact Los Zetas is an IRL existing gang? Are you roleplaying them and by what signs and association you are representing them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Zetas

2. You mentioned Osiel Guillen in your faction lore. Do you acknowledge this is an existing real life person and what he it has to do something to the lore itself/ or the actual RP'ed gang ICly?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiel_Cárdenas_Guillén

3. Are you actually roleplaying Los Zetas criminal syndicate? Do your gang core has hispanic/mexican/south American nationality members and how do you represent the gang in the fact that the roots of the lore comes from Mexico? 

4. Since you mentioned that you are de jure heavy RP faction, have you seen and acknowledge the rule of the server number 1.3 and its sub points? How does that rule corelates with the fact that your faction states its heavy RP?

Example  : 1.3 Character creation and property
1.3.1 Character names must be realistic and resemble real world names, players may use national names.
1.3.2 Character names cannot be names of famous people (ex.: celebrities, politicians, historical personalities).

5. What has the youtube link does have something related to the thread? (the youtube link with the song is in fact associated with Italian gangs and Italian gangs has barely nothing similar to the schemes how South American cartels were working).

Thank you for answers in advance!

Best regards.

Edited by DISCO

Hello,

I have few questions towards your faction/faction thread.

1. Do you acknowledge the fact Los Zetas is an IRL existing gang? Are you roleplaying them and by what signs and association you are representing them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Zetas

Yes, we're aware that Los Zetas is an IRL existing Cartel. We're specifically roleplaying a branch off of the actual gang that originated in Mexico and spread to the boarder crossing and reaching the US. Los Zetas operated within the US, sending Sicarios and specifically targeting people who have the ability to go back and forth from Mexico to to the US, thus having a passport to do so.

2. You mentioned Osiel Guillen in your faction lore. Do you acknowledge this is an existing real life person and what he it has to do something to the lore itself/ or the actual RP'ed gang ICly?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiel_Cárdenas_Guillén

Correct, Osiel Guillen is one of the founders of Los Zetas as a whole, branching off from the Military and working for the gulf cartel for some time, eventually swallowing part of the drug trade. He's widely responsible for the expansion of Zetas into the united states as well as the bloodshed around the boarder crossings, he's also responsible for some of the multiple tunnels gangs use to smuggle drugs from Mexico to the US. He's part of our lore because he's the founder of the overall cartel and since our group is somewhat based on realism, we chose not to leave that out.

3. Are you actually roleplaying Los Zetas criminal syndicate? Do your gang core has hispanic/mexican/south American nationality members and how do you represent the gang in the fact that the roots of the lore comes from Mexico? 

Yes, our gang is extremely diverse currently though, we have some Hispanic and South American members along with a ton of other nationalities. We chose not to leave certain people out because we're specifically a Los Santos branch. 

4. Since you mentioned that you are de jure heavy RP faction, have you seen and acknowledge the rule of the server number 1.3 and its sub points? How does that rule corelates with the fact that your faction states its heavy RP?

1.3.1 Character names must be realistic and resemble real world names, players may use national names.
1.3.2 Character names cannot be names of famous people (ex.: celebrities, politicians, historical personalities).

Yes, that's been looked over and our members have realistic names and we have no names of famous people within our members. Everyone's name may be unique to some degrees but nothing symbolizing Celebs, Politicians, Historical figures, etc. We are a heavy RP gang, which means our entire Lore is based off of the actual Z's Cartel and we act accordingly. Bold in our approach from the murders, to RP beheadings, kidnapping, Assassination, etc.

5. What has the youtube link does have something related to the thread? (the youtube link with the song is in fact associated with Italian gangs and Italian gangs has barely nothing similar to the schemes how South American cartels were working).

The YouTube link is a song from God Father which is associated with Italian gangs but it's words are specifically not in Italian, the lyrics are more of the concern and the overall feel of it. Italian gangs have a lot of things similar to how South American cartels run their business. Yes, Italian gangs tend to blend into the shadows a bit more until John Gotti took the helm at some point and made the Mafia a widely known thing. Cartels are more open and bold in their approach. You also have to keep in mind that a wide majority of the drugs that gangs like that sell on the streets are a direct link to Mexican and Cuban Cartels, which is responsible for a majority of the cocaine and heroin usage in the US. Besides our branch of Sicario's, most of our gangs ranks are in English in order to not confuse our American and Russian members. We want people to be able to look at our ranks and know exactly what it means; as well as the fact that even if we used Spanish wording, it would directly translate to what we have now.

So far we have Dons, Underboss, Captains, Enforcers, Sicarios, Soldiers and prospects, with more ranks coming within the future once things are a bit settled and our growing slows down a bit. Hopefully I answered your questions accordingly and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask in case I missed anything. @DISCO

Edited by MrUntouchable215
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrUntouchable215 said:

Yes, we're aware that Los Zetas is an IRL existing Cartel. We're specifically roleplaying a branch off of the actual gang that originated in Mexico and spread to the boarder crossing and reaching the US. Los Zetas operated within the US, sending Sicarios and specifically targeting people who have the ability to go back and forth from Mexico to to the US, thus having a passport to do so.

You noticed Sicarios - what hitmans has to do with targeting people? Can you explain me more?

12 minutes ago, MrUntouchable215 said:

Correct, Osiel Guillen is one of the founders of Los Zetas as a whole, branching off from the Military and working for the gulf cartel for some time, eventually swallowing part of the drug trade. He's widely responsible for the expansion of Zetas into the united states as well as the bloodshed around the boarder crossings, he's also responsible for some of the multiple tunnels gangs use to smuggle drugs from Mexico to the US. He's part of our lore because he's the founder of the overall cartel and since our group is somewhat based on realism, we chose not to leave that out.

Don't you think copying the lore is very heavy RP while I couldn't find anything in the actual presented RP of your faction?

example: 

quoting Harmdone: "It is important for members to know where a faction was founded upon, to carry on and enforce the ideas of the original founders. This history can include who the founders of the faction were, their stories, when the faction was created, where it was created, etcetera. Feel free to take some inspiration from an existing faction in the GTA universe for this section, but be creative and original for the next two sections."

17 minutes ago, MrUntouchable215 said:

Yes, our gang is extremely diverse currently though, we have some Hispanic and South American members along with a ton of other nationalities. We chose not to leave certain people out because we're specifically a Los Santos branch. 

Does the boss or underboss or any higher up are roleplaying as a hispanic characters?

18 minutes ago, MrUntouchable215 said:

Yes, that's been looked over and our members have realistic names and we have no names of famous people within our members. Everyone's name may be unique to some degrees but nothing symbolizing Celebs, Politicians, Historical figures, etc. We are a heavy RP gang, which means our entire Lore is based off of the actual Z's Cartel and we act accordingly. Bold in our approach from the murders, to RP beheadings, kidnapping, Assassination, etc.

I brought this question upon the lore story and I quoted the rules, which are not exactly breaching your faction, but I have more questions towards it. While probably majority of factions created their own unique gangs or used some of the GTA universe gangs/mafia backstories, looks like you went for an easy way. What made you go for a copy of an existant gang and not creating your own name?

As I understand the roleplay and conception of uniqueness (I am certified actor with diploma and I look towards further and deeper roleplay quality), when you create a mafia in roleplay community, you want to go as unique as possible, so you don't need to be so strict and you can create your own unique style of roleplay. Looks like you chose to copy the whole existing gang role and you should represent it as close as possible. What makes you represent you as mexican drug syndicate? What actions you have done to represent it? 

It might look that I am bashing you for nothing, but as far as I saw the faction acting on the server, you look blue and thats it. Maybe I missed something, didnt saw any sign of you being mexicans in majority, but correct me if I am wrong.

28 minutes ago, MrUntouchable215 said:

The YouTube link is a song from God Father which is associated with Italian gangs but it's words are specifically not in Italian, the lyrics are more of the concern and the overall feel of it. Italian gangs have a lot of things similar to how South American cartels run their business. Yes, Italian gangs tend to blend into the shadows a bit more until John Gotti took the helm at some point and made the Mafia a widely known thing. Cartels are more open and bold in their approach. You also have to keep in mind that a wide majority of the drugs that gangs like that sell on the streets are a direct link to Mexican and Cuban Cartels, which is responsible for a majority of the cocaine and heroin usage in the US. Besides our branch of Sicario's, most of our gangs ranks are in English in order to not confuse our American and Russian members. We want people to be able to look at our ranks and know exactly what it means; as well as the fact that even if we used Spanish wording, it would directly translate to what we have now.

So far we have Dons, Underboss, Captains, Enforcers, Sicarios, Soldiers and prospects, with more ranks coming within the future once things are a bit settled and our growing slows down a bit. Hopefully I answered your questions accordingly and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask in case I missed anything. @DISCO

Let me correct you - in the history of Italian mafias, they never focused mainly on drug trafficking. Some of the low rank Italia mafias focused on drugs, but high level Italian mafias focused on extortion of high ranked politicians, political corruption and military arms traficking. Their story has nothing to do with Cubans and Mexicans based of the living in different continents.

You mentioned John Gotti. He has nothing to do with Cubans/Mexicans and Gambino family haven't runned on drug selling/trafficking. You keep mentioning Sicarios, so you are saying you are the branch of hitmans? I don't understand your whole bunch of sentence, since they have barely no meaning rather than random facts mixed together, which makes no sense.

2 hours ago, DISCO said:

You noticed Sicarios - what hitmans has to do with targeting people? Can you explain me more?

Don't you think copying the lore is very heavy RP while I couldn't find anything in the actual presented RP of your faction?

example: 

quoting Harmdone: "It is important for members to know where a faction was founded upon, to carry on and enforce the ideas of the original founders. This history can include who the founders of the faction were, their stories, when the faction was created, where it was created, etcetera. Feel free to take some inspiration from an existing faction in the GTA universe for this section, but be creative and original for the next two sections."

Does the boss or underboss or any higher up are roleplaying as a hispanic characters?

I brought this question upon the lore story and I quoted the rules, which are not exactly breaching your faction, but I have more questions towards it. While probably majority of factions created their own unique gangs or used some of the GTA universe gangs/mafia backstories, looks like you went for an easy way. What made you go for a copy of an existant gang and not creating your own name?

As I understand the roleplay and conception of uniqueness (I am certified actor with diploma and I look towards further and deeper roleplay quality), when you create a mafia in roleplay community, you want to go as unique as possible, so you don't need to be so strict and you can create your own unique style of roleplay. Looks like you chose to copy the whole existing gang role and you should represent it as close as possible. What makes you represent you as mexican drug syndicate? What actions you have done to represent it? 

It might look that I am bashing you for nothing, but as far as I saw the faction acting on the server, you look blue and thats it. Maybe I missed something, didnt saw any sign of you being mexicans in majority, but correct me if I am wrong.

Let me correct you - in the history of Italian mafias, they never focused mainly on drug trafficking. Some of the low rank Italia mafias focused on drugs, but high level Italian mafias focused on extortion of high ranked politicians, political corruption and military arms traficking. Their story has nothing to do with Cubans and Mexicans based of the living in different continents.

You mentioned John Gotti. He has nothing to do with Cubans/Mexicans and Gambino family haven't runned on drug selling/trafficking. You keep mentioning Sicarios, so you are saying you are the branch of hitmans? I don't understand your whole bunch of sentence, since they have barely no meaning rather than random facts mixed together, which makes no sense.

To me everything you are saying is just an attempt to put blame on Los Zetas and its members due to toxicity. If u have a problem with them don't put negative comments on their post. If you have a problem with their roleplay and their backstory PM @JayGamble or one of the other higher ups. tell them how they can improve and adapt. I'm sure they will listen.

Writing negative stuff like this on the detailed and well made forum post they made is for me, just a blatant attempt to annoy and make them angry due to OOC reasons. As someone who isn't even in Los Zetas I ask you to stop blaming them. Keep this civilised and mature. No need for toxicity and writing replies with the intent to annoy them. Because how I see it. That is what your doing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, HaminLord said:

To me everything you are saying is just an attempt to put blame on Los Zetas and its members due to toxicity. If u have a problem with them don't put negative comments on their post. If you have a problem with their roleplay and their backstory PM @JayGamble or one of the other higher ups. tell them how they can improve and adapt. I'm sure they will listen.

Writing negative stuff like this on the detailed and well made forum post they made is for me, just a blatant attempt to annoy and make them angry due to OOC reasons. As someone who isn't even in Los Zetas I ask you to stop blaming them. Keep this civilised and mature. No need for toxicity and writing replies with the intent to annoy them. Because how I see it. That is what your doing.

I am asking normal questions about factions lore, nothing offensive or negative, nor I do blame them. I am asking questions prior to the lore and purely roleplay topics. I am keeping civilised and mature by asking questions in normal, peaceful manner, adding examples and correcting facts. If you can't handle those questions - you shouldn't be blaming me and rather be going to research more on what you are roleplaying, if you don't have response to the questions above.

It is so easy to call everything "harrasment" and "negativity", but I was just asking particular questions. If people can't roleplay what they were written on the thread/can't explain what they want to say, I am more than willing to help those people to improve, but that was only basic questions. Once again - the description "Heavy RP" has to be proven. I asked questions - I got answers, which were not so logical to the facts, then I asked more further - I got complaint from you. 

EDIT: on the harsher note - if you are taking an IRL existing gang, you need rather take a good research on it and roleplay it very DEEP and well or just not do it, because it will turn into parody rather than roleplaying. The whole official faction movement is to improve RP by A LOT and I am asking if they at least know what they are roleplaying, I got responses, which were not clear and facts were mixed up together and I asked them again in other way. If you are picking IRL gang, you rather be good at RPing and representing them in forums/in-game wise.

Edited by DISCO

We're rp'ing a crime family, directly influenced by the Los Zetas Cartel. In their weakened state, we are supplying them with a direct connection within the Los Santos region to continue business throughout the area. We're not a Mexican cartel, just heavily influenced on their methods, and directly associated with their drug and weapons pipelines.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JJgames said:

i am little confused. Are you roleplaying mafia or cartel. Because is saw some post and pics saying mafia and your back story about cartel.....

You mean the picture where the Irish Mafia (Gaius) is communicating with the guy on the ground? K 

Edited by Ashbringer
Gaius
  • Like 1