Serthon

Banned Players' Supecars

As of right now, I can count up dozens of supercars that are owned by banned players(permanently banned), and what I would like to suggest is having them auctioned up, so that there are more supercars available to purchase, as currently, there is a lack which is good, but at the same time, people who are willing to spend big money on a supercar aren't able to obtain one.

• Like 3

Not unlike what JackD said, there should be a waiting period to see if there is a ban appeal and how that goes.
If it takes longer than, I don't know, a week(?) for them to start the appeal process (or the appeal is altogether denied) then to the auction block their assets go.

Just now, Sopherion said:

Seeing as you're not supposed to re-sell cars bought with credits I imagine those would get "crushed".

In that case people will just start charging back. and once again, im pretty sure they removed them from dealers to prevent players from having those, giving players a new way of getting super cars, brings the question of why removing them in the first place.

14 minutes ago, Sopherion said:

Not unlike what JackD said, there should be a waiting period to see if there is a ban appeal and how that goes.
If it takes longer than, I don't know, a week(?) for them to start the appeal process (or the appeal is altogether denied) then to the auction block their assets go.

Sometimes appeals get denied for months, in that case whats next? cause if you remove someones assets for not being able to appeal, in kinda unfair, and if you just remove them, it will kinda bring bad rep to the community, as sometimes people are getting permed for not much of a reason.

2 minutes ago, Joe Narco said:

In that case people will just start charging back. and once again, im pretty sure they removed them from dealers to prevent players from having those, giving players a new way of getting super cars, brings the question of why removing them in the first place.

Wouldn't the individuals who issued the chargebacks do so irrespective of what happens with their car in-game? It's not like they can use it either way.

Also, you're saying that you feel the supercars were removed from dealerships to encourage player-to-player transaction as opposed to buying from an NPC?
I haven't been on in like 6 weeks and when I last read the rules cars purchased with credits weren't to be re-sold, iirc.

4 minutes ago, Joe Narco said:

Sometimes appeals get denied for months, in that case whats next? cause if you remove someones assets for not being able to appeal, in kinda unfair, and if you just remove them, it will kinda bring bad rep to the community, as sometimes people are getting permed for not much of a reason.

What I am saying is if Player X was banned and does not submit an appeal for, let's say a week, then they clearly aren't that interested in returning.
However, if Player X does submit an appeal their assets are to be frozen pending the outcome of the (potentially months-long) appeal process.

Just now, Sopherion said:

Wouldn't the individuals who issued the chargebacks do so irrespective of what happens with their car in-game? It's not like they can use it either way.

Also, you're saying that you feel the supercars were removed from dealerships to encourage player-to-player transaction as opposed to buying from an NPC?
I haven't been on in like 6 weeks and when I last read the rules cars purchased with credits weren't to be re-sold, iirc.

What I am saying is if Player X was banned and does not submit an appeal for, let's say a week, then they clearly aren't that interested in returning.
However, if Player X does submit an appeal their assets are to be frozen pending the outcome of the (potentially months-long) appeal process.

Okey, so first thing first, no i did not mean, they removed super car just to inforce more player to player transactions, they removed them, cause they were aids to deal with, and you would see them all over the map, second of all some people do end up taking quiet a long break after being permed, as they want to sit back and think about what to do, and the last part, no not all people charging back after they get permed, a good example is Le_Chan with a GP1 he got permed and never charged it back. same as i donated 10$ like a week before being permed.

1 minute ago, Joe Narco said:

Okey, so first thing first, no i did not mean, they removed super car just to inforce more player to player transactions, they removed them, cause they were aids to deal with, and you would see them all over the map, second of all some people do end up taking quiet a long break after being permed, as they want to sit back and think about what to do, and the last part, no not all people charging back after they get permed, a good example is Le_Chan with a GP1 he got permed and never charged it back. same as i donated 10$ like a week before being permed.

I wasn't saying everyone who get perm'd will issue a chargeback. I said, "Wouldn't the individuals who issued the chargebacks...". #NotAllPermBans

If they do take a hiatus then so be it, but do so knowing what's at risk. In this case I'm less concerned with their cars and moreso their houses as there are finite. That being said, I am aware of the ratio of player base to housing especially when you consider each player's economic standing.

3 minutes ago, Sopherion said:

I wasn't saying everyone who get perm'd will issue a chargeback. I said, "Wouldn't the individuals who issued the chargebacks...". #NotAllPermBans

If they do take a hiatus then so be it, but do so knowing what's at risk. In this case I'm less concerned with their cars and moreso their houses as there are finite. That being said, I am aware of the ratio of player base to housing especially when you consider each player's economic standing.

Well in my eyes its a bad idea for a few reasons as i said before

1-They removed super cars for a reason...

2-Some people do take short/long breaks after a perm, or just a normal ban.

3- will just cause drama, with charge backs, and crying on the forums.

so that's a -1 from me, even tho i i got no saying 😄

24 minutes ago, Joe Narco said:

😄

I don't know why they removed them I wasn't playing at the time, but if they removed it because: A) Players were ramming their cars into other x cars- if on purpose remove their supercar, B) If they removed it because cops couldn't catch them that's wrong(1 you don't see a fucking crown victoria beating lambo either in a chase or street race irl and 2 cop cars are now tuned and op against normal civilian cars... so same scenario different actors)

43 minutes ago, Joe Narco said:

2-Some people do take short/long breaks after a perm, or just a normal ban.

3- will just cause drama, with charge backs, and crying on the forums.

so that's a -1 from me, even tho i i got no saying 😄

While I've not really paid much attention to the goings on regarding supercars (buying/selling/adding/removing/nerfing/etc) and I've been away for a time I feel we may be debating on a different set of information. So, I'll leave it to you, but yeah. Neither of us really have any say.

On 8/8/2018 at 9:25 AM, Serthon said:

As of right now, I can count up dozens of supercars that are owned by banned players(permanently banned), and what I would like to suggest is having them auctioned up, so that there are more supercars available to purchase, as currently, there is a lack which is good, but at the same time, people who are willing to spend big money on a supercar aren't able to obtain one.

Big +1 

(I'm not considered a rich player so I'm not one of the players that benefits from this inb4 "you just want a super")

I think with this being 3 years later, and the economy being where it is now, this can heavily improve on removing money from the economy, sure some people will be upset "This only benefits the rich", at the same time it will help with the economy, and also possibly add (I would imagine) a large amount of possibilities for players and the server in general to see a resurgence of these rare cars, and see more of them around. 

I understand the idea and it make sense . Why not "recycle" them as long as those supers are not used and the owners don`t intend to come back ?

But those cars were bought with money and as long as they weren`t banned for RWT for those cars then that means they spent time into this community to get those money. So you can not take their time.

On the same principle, why not to remove assets from players that are logging maybe 2-3 times / 3 months? Anyway they are not around and they are not using them. Basically they are logging in only to not lose the assets.