Jesterr

Drivers license suspension time should be decreased.

Hello,

So before you read this, I understand this is can be an IC thing, but the reason I am making this on an OOC topic is because the reasons I bring up are on an OOC level.

So as it stands, PD/SD can suspend your driver's license for a multitude of reasons, including specific charges or reckless driving. The length of the suspension is 48 hours, To me, this is way too much. If I run a stop sign and go over the speed limit, I can get reckless operation, and PD can and will suspend my license for 48 hours, and impound my car. If I have no more cars, I can not drive or use my car for 2 days. ICly, this seems fine and not a big deal. But OOCly, this is way too much. It almost makes people not want to play because they can't transport themselves anywhere, and a normal civilian uses their car every day. Yes, I can get a ride from a friend, but what about people that are new to the server? They can not drive for 2 days and have to walk everywhere. I understand actions have consequences, but I am proposing the license suspension time gets decreased to 12 hours, or 1 day maximum.

Let me know your thoughts and opinions on this.

Edited by Jesterr
  • Like 17
  • NAY 1
  • hand 1

Hugeeee +1 

When your license gets suspended you cannot do anything in the server (unless you have a friend to transport you). You arent even aloud to do scripted jobs that include vehicles (which is essentially all of them.).

This would be a huge positive change to make the server more fun :).

• Like 1
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheCactus said:

I agree too. It should be reduced to either 24 or 12 hours. Maybe leave the 2 days suspension for charges that include violent dangerous usage of the vehicles such as drive-by, felony hit and run, felony public endangerment, etc

Agreed leave longer suspensions for violent felonies and reduced suspensions for non violent felonies and misdemeanors. 

1 hour ago, TheCactus said:

I agree too. It should be reduced to either 24 or 12 hours. Maybe leave the 2 days suspension for charges that include violent dangerous usage of the vehicles such as drive-by, felony hit and run, felony public endangerment, etc

agree with this +1

8 hours ago, IAmTurtle said:

If they can make it so it’s 2-8 hours of game time after prison will be much better

This would be the best option in my opinion. The apparent problem with the current setup is that the 2 days suspension forms a - what looks like - OOC issue with making it disproportional hard for players to move about.

Following the general rule of thumb "IC actions should have IC consequences", it would make no sense to simply lower the suspension to twelve or so hours: I'm afraid the general consensus would simply turn out into people logging off, going to sleep and coming back the morning / day after and simply do the same thing over again.

Making the license suspension so that it depends on time spent playing after prison rather than simply OOC time does not only have the effect that this issue is solved by just not playing for a small bit, which should never be a solution, but also that actions - and in this case risks taken - will affect your character more thoroughly.

For example:
Vehicular misdemeanors - 2 hours gametime after prison
Vehicular felonies - 6 hours gametime after prison

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Roderick said:

Making the license suspension so that it depends on time spent playing after prison rather than simply OOC time does not only have the effect that this issue is solved by just not playing for a small bit, which should never be a solution, but also that actions - and in this case risks taken - will affect your character more thoroughly.

For example:

Very good idea! 

+1

2 hours ago, Roderick said:

This would be the best option in my opinion. The apparent problem with the current setup is that the 2 days suspension forms a - what looks like - OOC issue with making it disproportional hard for players to move about.

Following the general rule of thumb "IC actions should have IC consequences", it would make no sense to simply lower the suspension to twelve or so hours: I'm afraid the general consensus would simply turn out into people logging off, going to sleep and coming back the morning / day after and simply do the same thing over again.

For example:

Agreed