MistNinja

Car and Racing improvement

1:

custom script to make custom race tracks with a unique id on each custom race track that the player creates

after the player enters the other players race track ID he/she can see on the GPS the race track.

2:

Nos Bottles which could be used on sport and muscle cars that have maxed turbo. What the NOS will do is not boosting your speed in general but helping you achieve your max speed much faster than usually. you will of course have to continue buy NOS bottles if wanting to continue using nitro. 

UFODuWD.jpg

(now my idea of buying nos is either through other gangs with imports or simply have illegal workshop or npc at a certain location that would be selling illegaly those NOS bottles)

3:

repair kits which would repair your vehicle from 0 to 350 enough to bring your car to the mechanic shop.

FABfZwC.jpg

sports car going off roads would get a flat tire randomly which would require them to replace with the help of a repair kit or get a replacement from lsc/bayview for a tire fix.

kcCjCd9.png

• Like 16
  • Upvote 2

+1

I think the idea of popping tires on cars that shouldn't be going off road is an AMAZING idea as well as the repair kit to be able to get to a mechanic. I think it would alleviate the server or the vast amounts of abandoned cars all over the place. It really ruins immersion seeing them scattered about. The Nos is a good idea especially if it is ONLY to get to top seed faster. You would be required to be able to drive and its not giving you a benefit of going faster, just getting to whatever speed your top speed is quicker. 

• Like 1

+1 110%
These are all fantastic ideas, the only one I don’t fully agree with is the tire popping. Cars should be able to go on flat grass no problem but not up mountains. Everything else stated is a great addition. Repair kits are very much needed as having to wait 2 hours for a mechanic and then leaving your car on the side of the road is not ideal. The NOS is amazing as well, it could also help balance a lot of the cars that don’t have as good acceleration compared to cars that do.  In order to get those NOS bottles, I don’t think it should be a gang import because there are very few gangs around the city that are into racing but only giving it to the gangs that focus on race RP could be interesting. NOS could also either be a mechanic option that they can put on for you that RP’ly is illegal to have or can be introduced with NPC’s. As for creating tracks that would show on your GPS, that needs to be a function in-game. It would make racing RP that much more viable and shift the focus from the normal things most players do in the city which we all know and bring more variety of RP and scenarios for the whole server. People wouldn’t have to spend the time that a person like me has to learn a good number of tracks, they could load up a track by name, that would show on the GPS or possibly it could be a phone app with all the track names and have the ability to host races within the app, there could be a option for buy-in price and how many laps etc. Going back to the NOS this could also add more RP with racers and PD, say you as a racer with NOS gets pulled over, if a cop notices or looks in your car for NOS, if it was considered illegal you would either have to evade or pay the fine. Overall racing needs some love within the city and the ideas from the original post above plus the ideas I have provided could be great additions. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VikiV said:

Overall +1 but the tire randomly poping would be annoying af. 

Don't think he means randomly popping but think about it, a car that RPly wouldn't be able to go off road, wouldn't have off road tires, hence would be messed up after X amount of time or distance.

• Upvote 2

i really hope that at least the custom race track thing will be looked up and NOS. if we get a custom race track script or phone app to create them and such.. it would change the racing scene alot and make people participate much faster and easier at races since currently we have nothing that would help racers interduce tracks or even create custom tracks around the los santos map.

• Like 1

+1 

I was going to create a thread of my own, but I'm glad someone else took the initiative. 

To add, given the recent addition of the police SUV and now the new Kamachos for EMS/PD/SD, It would be really interesting to see some custom cars be brought to the dealerships. Obviously these would need to be tested for balance, but it would be cool to see a couple of custom cars added, especially considering the amount of people who enjoy car content on the server, this combined with the above (especially the race ID thing) would make for an awesome update.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 12:58 AM, MistNinja said:

1:

custom script to make custom race tracks with a unique id on each custom race track that the player creates

after the player enters the other players race track ID he/she can see on the GPS the race track.

2:

Nos Bottles which could be used on sport and muscle cars that have maxed turbo. What the NOS will do is not boosting your speed in general but helping you achieve your max speed much faster than usually. you will of course have to continue buy NOS bottles if wanting to continue using nitro. 

UFODuWD.jpg

(now my idea of buying nos is either through other gangs with imports or simply have illegal workshop or npc at a certain location that would be selling illegaly those NOS bottles)

3:

repair kits which would repair your vehicle from 0 to 350 enough to bring your car to the mechanic shop.

FABfZwC.jpg

sports car going off roads would get a flat tire randomly which would require them to replace with the help of a repair kit or get a replacement from lsc/bayview for a tire fix.

kcCjCd9.png

+1 please add this it would be so awesome to fix your car and not waiting 4 days for mechs and alsow ith the other thingas

• Like 1

Mega +1 for anything that can help make organising street races easier

I have no opinion on the nos bottles really.

As for repair kits I'm all for this, I don't think they should work at 0 but I'd like to see something to bring your car from the Perma Stalled range back to a drivable state. (Such as vehicle on 230 being pushed up slightly so it can limp to LSC).

• Like 1

+1 to the repair kits 

the sports cars going off road I feel like would get very annoying very fast and is unrealistic. Cars don’t handle well off road if they aren’t fitted with off road tires - I feel like it would be cool if we could map in a track like they do for the events, and have like a mapping for a track that can be changed every month or so could be cool to do — I like the ideas 

also is there ANYTHING that can be done about the desync with racing or is that just rage 1.1?

Edited by DoubleA
  • Like 1

1. How does this idea fit into a roleplay server? feels more like a freeroam server thing. You can already map out tracks and share them with friends over lifeinvader or any other ic communication.

2. idk nos is cool i gues, nothing wrong with this idea. could be an illegal item that needs to be imported/cooked.

3. with this idea you're taking away a core element of LSC and Bayview operations, the roadside repair. These toolbox propositions are proposed alot but I dont see it being better for the server, they already introduced car pushing which works fine. I like the idea of having it only repair untill 350 but for me to support it, it would have to be like 2 or 3 times the price of a roadside repair and one time use only. This doesnt even take into account the realism, no realistic untrained person could fix a totaled carr on the side of the road with a toolbox..

about tires of non-offroad vehicle going flat when they go off road, YES, good idea, for all i care people who do this can even loose a wheel or 2.

Look I know it can be easy to just +1 an idea that makes your characters life easyer but that doesnt make the experience better and will eventually end up in an unrealistic non roleplay mess of a server.

• Like 1

I like the idea of the Nos but not sure about it being imported. Probabaly would be a good idea to sell it through the dealers that sell the lugwrenches and stuff like that maybe like 20k a bottle to make it a little limited so not everyone is rolling with nos all the time