IAmTurtle

Live Dispatch.

I feel like this would make the game more involving. Currently 911 calls you can only get so much information that people type up. A lot of this information is very limited just do to nature of the rp and only having one line to type on. 

This could also lead into having a 10-8 clock were dispatch can dispatch units to calls and give informations on 55s and other situations. 

• Upvote 2
  • yooo 1

I'd be interested to see where this goes, but would this be a standalone faction or something implemented by PD/SD/MD?

Also, this would definitely require a complete overhaul of the MDC, as the information we get off of it currently is barely enough for us to even understand the people we're dealing with half the time, which would only be further complicated by adding a dispatch role into the mix.

If this was included in the factions individually, at least to some extent, it could be cool to see the responsibilities of Dispatch fall on Cadets / Trainees that are currently unable to patrol by themselves? Going on shift as PD as a Cadet back when I graduated from the LSPD Academy was kinda rough, standing behind the front desk at mission row for hours without really doing anything.

Overall - I definitely think it would be cool to see an overhaul of the 911 System (along with the MDC / Government Computers), I just wonder what the best implementation would be.

• Upvote 1

SADOC is structured very differently but this has been discussed before. SADOC doesn't need to send people around on calls and the such but dispatch would merely send people to different areas of the prison when assistance was needed. The concern that we had was making it someone's job to sit in an office tracking people when they themselves could be assisting with cellblock situations and processing.

It would be neato to have a more structured system such as dispatch in PD/SD/MD but my concerns would be needing to have someone always online doing dispatch stuff that would just be sitting in an office for their entire shift. I think for most this wouldn't feel like playing the game.

• Upvote 1

I HIGHLY +1 a standalone dispatch faction, for the following reasons, however it may require extensive scripting.

Would be interesting, to have it so, 

Player calls 911

Player reaches a Dispatch

(live) Player Dispatch speaks with the player and asks the situation

Caller gives description

Dispatch Notifies the proper authorities via CAD/MDC system of the necessary information in a formal structured so that the authorities will have all of the info handy. Dispatch will be able to communicate via Radio in all Gov Freqs, and will have access to everyone’s units, PD,SD, MD, DOC.

Dispatch Can radio the proper nearby units for assistance or information.

So much more can go into a standalone Dispatch Center that it will be mind blowing to be in. Extremely interactive.

Dispatch will be able to track EVERY UNIT on duty.

Yes, there will be a lot of standing around.

Players that enjoy the mere Communication Roleplay such as those interested in PD, SD radio calls, Air Traffic Control will 100% love dispatching.

- Hopefully on duty Dispatchers can be exempt from the AFK script and salary farming can be enforced internally.

San Andreas Emergency Communication Agency

Structure

Chain of Command

- Director: Leads entire department

- Deputy Director: Co-leads

- Manager (3): Manages a Shift of 3 Timezones (NA/EU/OC)

- Supervisory Dispatcher (6) : Each manages a shift x3 (NA/OC/EU)

- Senior Dispatcher: Supports each shift, and conducts training for trainees.

- Dispatcher: Handles majority of the day to day dispatching operations. 

- Dispatcher Trainee: Newly hired dispatcher undergoing training. Must pass dispatch academy to proceed.

LASTLY - Radio call outs to Dispatch would actually mean something...

Example:

Dispatch to 22T22, Store Alarm Sounded at 6969 Mirror Park, Mirror Park Gas.

22-T-22 to Disp, show us code 3

Disp to 22T22, Surveillance identifies multiple suspects with face concealed and armed, proceed with caution.

Heck, we might even be able to start using more ten-codes for Store Robberies, MVA - Motor Vehicle Accidents, etc

@Victor Einhart
I remember that, but unfortunately I feel like it did not work because while it was a great idea, it was essentially obsolete due to the current system of the MDC which is self-reliant. Players found no point in dispatching where its duties were essentially only to assign units to calls, and thats about it.

Edited by Percival

@Percival While the idea does sound cool, can't deny that, I think the hassle of it all would just make it non-functional once the few people who are even remotely interested in this, would feel like its too boring. People play the game to have fun, and I don't think there would be much of fun for people just sitting at 1 spot, answering phone calls and radioing to other people about what is happening. Call centers aren't fun, and dispatch would just be that.

Additionally, one of the biggest issues I see, is that the game is fast. It is much faster than real life. In real life shootouts can last for a long time, here its 2-3minutes and its over. Stolen cars are chopped so fast that even with the current system its a challenge to get them back. Store/bank alarms going off is usually a sign that you already missed it, etc.

Dispatch would add additional time to any response, with increased delay based on how few people are working the phones. I just do not see it working the same way that real life works.

Making it work - The closest i think to making it work, would be the thing you said didn't work, assigning units to calls. Could still be looked at, due to the increase in server population, but it is something that is more IC than OOC, as it requires commitment rather than development. The thing that I think would be a benefit, would be creating an easy way to call back callers. The current system requires you to go through annoying extra steps to call the caller back for more information, so I think a simple command such as /call ID (where ID = call #), would allow for some officers to provide more detail while units are already responding. Which I think is the best thing we could expect, though as mentioned before, game speed might not allow for it to properly work, outside of "my car stolen, post bolo".

This is also something that could have been potentially implemented on a smaller scale to see how it works at DCC. Problem is, whens the last time a person had to call for a taxi rather than just clicking on their phone for one.

To conclude, I think dispatch even in real life is something that will become obsolete with time while on the server, it is obsolete already with our current systems that are just superior and the small benefit of getting extra information on some calls would not match the loss of response time to 90% of the other calls.

On 5/27/2021 at 11:09 AM, Percival said:

Players that enjoy the mere Communication Roleplay such as those interested in PD, SD radio calls, Air Traffic Control will 100% love dispatching.

You're right here. I personally can't wait for an FAA-like faction to come on the server so I can become an ATC xD