Krish Roshan

Realistic Police Vehicles

I just want to say this is from a criminal point of view and I would love to hear what a sd/pd would have to say about this.

I believe that PD cruisers going faster than cars which if you found their real life counter parts would not match what so ever I have seen pd cruisers go 200-210 in areas which just dont give enough time for a car to be able to go that fast if an elegy retro is not able to hit a constant 200 how would a pd cruiser do this if we are saying this is supposed to be rp i do believe they should have fast cars like high speed units but having cruisers beat an elegy retro does not feel right.

If anyone else has other perspectives feel free to let me know

• Like 1
  • NAY 1

The reality is, we lose people in vehicle pursuits every single day. If we're talking about realism, I would say over half of the stuff people do to get away from Cops isn't realistic. We're given tools to make this an even playing field, and that includes our vehicles. Also, have you ever driven a retired police car? The shell of the car looks like a regular vehicle, but most police cars have way more power under the hood vs. a regular version of that vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

its just an example i understand that you need fast cars but thats what high speed units are for regular cruisers shouldnt have the speed to catch up to most cars but its a balance its just a weird situation . Still an r33 would gap a pd car any day in real life especially if your maxxing it out 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

This is very true. We have lost warners due to people who can drive really good (not talking from experience but I have seen it). It is 100% the driver and the car is not that much of a factor.

i lost the cops multiple times with a brawler. You just need to know the ways in the city

6 minutes ago, IAmTurtle said:

This is very true. We have lost warners due to people who can drive really good (not talking from experience but I have seen it). It is 100% the driver and the car is not that much of a factor.

I very much agree with this! Joe Riggy is easy to evade from ❤️🤣

In all seriousness though, the PD vehicles have their strengths and weaknesses . The "crown victoria" has a high top speed, but slow acceleration and terrible handling. The interceptor has better handling and accelerations, but a lower top speed. I think the PD vehicles are balanced and work fine in Eclipse's environment. Eclipse isn't supposed to be 1:1 with real life. 

• Like 1
  • yooo 1

2 hours ago, Dirty Mike said:

I lost police on a rental Fagio its the driver not the cars, If your banking on getting a car that can out run police that wouldnt be fun, I think we need to get more creative with the driving 

Will gladly admit I lost a postal van while I was driving the cruiser that technically has the highest speed. This was in my early days of PD, but the reality is, each  one of our vehicles has a very specific way to be driven. The Scout? Very easy to fish tail, etc.

IRL police have cars which are fast enough to pursue the cars they typically pursue, if everyone drove Warreners then we would have cars which topped out slightly above a Warrener. The fact is the average car used to evade from cops on the server is a hell of a lot faster than a Warrener, as such we have faster vehicles to account for this. 

• Like 3

On 3/8/2021 at 5:10 AM, Krish Roshan said:

I have seen pd cruisers go 200-210

Yes, and this is after about 30 seconds of holding W and not taking any turns. You can achieve the same speed in most other cars, and you'll get to that speed in half the time or less with higher performance cars.

Edited by Victor Einhart

On 3/8/2021 at 2:48 PM, Brant said:

The reality is, we lose people in vehicle pursuits every single day. If we're talking about realism, I would say over half of the stuff people do to get away from Cops isn't realistic. We're given tools to make this an even playing field, and that includes our vehicles. Also, have you ever driven a retired police car? The shell of the car looks like a regular vehicle, but most police cars have way more power under the hood vs. a regular version of that vehicle.

Seems to me, it could be just fair if police cars were left as in story mode, but with ability to upgrade transmission and engine. Pretty sure, they can reach near-maximum speeds without any vehicle stats tinkering. Especially if we're talking about FIB buffalos and rangers

Edited by EnemySpotted
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, EnemySpotted said:

Seems to me, it could be just fair if police cars were left as in story mode, but with ability to upgrade transmission and engine. Pretty sure, they can reach near-maximum speeds without any vehicle stats tinkering. Especially if we're talking about FIB buffalos and rangers

FIb buffalo is one of the slowest cars in PD 😉

+1 Tweak PD cruisers,

Im so scared to try to run from cops but I know I won't outrun them in a 500k supercar, while they have a free cruiser from PD.

The tweak would result in more PD chases and my criminal activity, which this server needs.

P.S Also tweak criminal activitys as I spend 6 hours a day just doing bus jobs with NO rp.

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2021 at 8:01 PM, Borrelli said:

IRL police have cars which are fast enough to pursue the cars they typically pursue, if everyone drove Warreners then we would have cars which topped out slightly above a Warrener. The fact is the average car used to evade from cops on the server is a hell of a lot faster than a Warrener, as such we have faster vehicles to account for this. 

The average car dosent go 210 lol