givejoshamosin

The Worsening State of Criminal RP

16 hours ago, CalvinKlein said:

Everyone complaining about alliances should realize it’s an IC issue, when you have gangs E F G hitting gangs A B C, eventually with the right escalation and diplomacy RP gangs A B C will fight the common enemy together until threat is neutralized

Ye, everyone noticed how the Lithuanians you had on your side had "right escalation and diplomacy RP"

• Upvote 1

I dunno why I’ve woken up to PD being talked about but that’s not the intention of this post, as a Crim I don’t feel like we can even as for a change in PD, when we aren’t willing to fix parts of our side of the server first. 

I think if we clearly show that we intend to change how crim RP has been for a while now then in the future we have some leverage to talk about PD. But a lot of our problems are caused by us and a lot of crims love the victim card and fail to realise that.

The intention of this post was to not even talk about PD but instead to rally crims up to start making a change.

• Like 2

I'm glad that you've admitted to being part of the problem. As much as I want to say that my side was guilty of that as well, we were not. There's a side in this server that cant survive without having double the numbers of their enemy side, they're so deluded by the win mentality, thinking that 60v30 should be considered a win. Not purposely throwing shade but its quite obvious by the comments and reactions made by this side that they do not want a solution to the current state, they want to have 100 members, kick the rest of the server out, bully the new gangs and call it an "IC issue". This side simply forced the other side to conflict, to joint frequencies and to form an alliance, just to be able to survive and RP. No offense to anyone, but this is facts.

I agree with the rest of your points and as everyone agreed on, we should not be waiting on OOC rules and limitations to start improving the current state of the crim RP. Every gang, especially new ones or gangs that were not mainly in the conflict where it started, should reconsider if their "reasons" for joining the conflict were actually reasonable enough for them to invest in it with its own members and their guns and assets instead of just joining in for the fun of it and wanting to have 8 allies just in case things go south.

Zetas and Triads ruled the city and controlled it cuz they could beat the whole server in a 2v4/5 and still come out victorious, not because they allied with every gang in the server. This is why they were the council, that all gangs feared and obeyed so that they can survive and exist in the city. And then you had to discuss diplomacy with each of the other gangs, and not just create conflict for no reason.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Oli said:

I'm glad that you've admitted to being part of the problem. As much as I want to say that my side was guilty of that as well, we were not. There's a side in this server that cant survive without having double the numbers of their enemy side, they're so deluded by the win mentality, thinking that 60v30 should be considered a win. Not purposely throwing shade but its quite obvious by the comments and reactions made by this side that they do not want a solution to the current state, they want to have 100 members, kick the rest of the server out, bully the new gangs and call it an "IC issue". This side simply forced the other side to conflict, to joint frequencies and to form an alliance, just to be able to survive and RP. No offense to anyone, but this is facts.

I agree with the rest of your points and as everyone agreed on, we should not be waiting on OOC rules and limitations to start improving the current state of the crim RP. Every gang, especially new ones or gangs that were not mainly in the conflict where it started, should reconsider if their "reasons" for joining the conflict were actually reasonable enough for them to invest in it with its own members and their guns and assets instead of just joining in for the fun of it and wanting to have 8 allies just in case things go south.

Zetas and Triads ruled the city and controlled it cuz they could beat the whole server in a 2v4/5 and still come out victorious, not because they allied with every gang in the server. This is why they were the council, that all gangs feared and obeyed so that they can survive and exist in the city. And then you had to discuss diplomacy with each of the other gangs, and not just create conflict for no reason.

I feel as if parts of what you are saying is true, however taking no responsibility and victimising yourself is not it chief. There is countless reasons as to why these fights still happen, a lot of people on both sides love it, me included, hence why you guys still take the fights and set up at labs, I know the mentality I was on your side before. 

However, if we want to sit here and point fingers and each other, quite frankly it’s disheartening and a waste of time. For change to occur, everyone needs to accept responsibility, and think of solutions. 

The only problem I see now is that people being toxic to each other and keeps writing petty reports just to try and get someone banned that they don't like,as well a lot of people right now are just ruleplaying instead of doing an actual  RP with their enemies. Players just spams /b SAVE POV instead of trying to solve and teach each other,I hope that one day changes will be made and those who keeps wasting staff members time with petty reports will get punished 🙂

• Like 1

I 100% agree with most of the things on this thread. It's the gang alliances thats the main issue here. Players forget this is a game, and try wayyyyy too hard to win, forming huge alliances in order to do so . They are all happy to settle with a joint 1st place. The most fun I've had on criminal RP is during the mid/late parts of summer when it was just a group of 10-15 of us fighting against EVERY. SINGLE. GANG. on the server. I'm sure @givejoshamosinwill agree with me here as he was in that group. It's fun being the underdog. Even though we'd lose a few fights before winning one, that win every now and then was satisfying as fuck. At this time, the gang alliance was genuinely disgusting. I'm not sure how FM allowed for this to become the case honestly. I don't really blame the gangs for this though. It got to a point where this group of 10-15 people were the only people who weren't afraid of fighting the big group of people, and when conflict was to happen, people were eager in getting involved. GD and LFM got so bored they decided to start fighting each other for fun. They gave some BS reason to why they should have conflict like "they said they could beat us in a war if they were to war with us!!!11!" and got away with it for a while under FM shut it down. Now LFM and ex-members of GD are on a joint frequency 24/7. This is stupid and I'll never comprehend it. The alliance system was the reason I left my old faction. They used to fight Aztecas, LFM, GD, Goblins 24/7. But coming back after a break and finding out they are on the same frequency was dumb. Honestly, compared to before, the current situation is much better, but its still awful. Irish and GD fighting each other for a genuine reason that made RP sense was a huge turn for criminal RP. But, gangs got bored and decided to join in the conflict, and we're at where we are now.

As sad as it is to say, I don't think this will ever change unless FM get involved. No one is going to be willing to make the change unless every gets on board. But like mentioned before, people take this gang conflict way too serious, and I doubt there'll ever be progress unless it's forced by FM. 

Oh and the report to win mentality please. I'm pretty sure "/b save pov" is the most common text used. Normalise reporting when it actually affects your RP experience, not when you're mad after a loss in a fight. It's a game, no need to get people banned over minor infractions.

Edited by retronub
  • Like 4
  • NAY 1

Please don’t come in here, slandering the other side, while one joint freq may be bigger, you still give them reasons to fight you. Gangs should fall back and focus on improving their own RP standards on all sides of the “war”. 

Having a gang that exists to purely go to labs is a big part of the issue, and if your gang doesn’t do anything other than go to labs then what’s the point of being on an RP server. You’re giving a reason for everyone to team up and hit you if you individually are trying to hit everyone individually. Instead focus on building the relationships with each other gang individually it’s okay to have some enemies but when it’s loads then it just doesn’t make sense, as you end up losing more then you gain. 

The issue lays on both sides of the field, there’s going to be IC opportunities to fix this in coming weeks, I hope all the people who read this thread open their minds and accept the possibility of change.

I’m going to refrain from commenting more, however please don’t turn this thread into a PD vs Crim or come on here slandering your IC and OOC enemies with snide remarks, it doesn’t help the situation at all and if you do that you’re adding to the problem.

A lot of PD/SD/DOC have came on this thread and offered genuine solutions to problems and I appreciate that.

Edited by givejoshamosin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CalvinKlein said:

you're talking about the new players in pink that came on Eclipse to fight with you guys from LT server then got banned ?

None of them were irl friends with us, neither were they ever on our freq and neither does any of us know a single one of them. Can you say the same about the ones your guys invited to your alliance, took pictures with, invited to freq with little to no RP and fought with them? Dont think so.

Greetings from Lithuania.

20 minutes ago, Oli said:

None of them were irl friends with us, neither were they ever on our freq and neither does any of us know a single one of them. Can you say the same about the ones your guys invited to your alliance, took pictures with, invited to freq with little to no RP and fought with them? Dont think so.

I was glad to hear that yall don't allow purple dudes on freq because of FM 

30 minutes ago, Oli said:

OOC toxicity was mentioned in this post and clearly you're showing what's its source right now, it's funny that I personally don't even know the lithuanians you are talking about, however I have respect for the person posting this thread and the purpose of it isn't you crying over faction conflicts so i will refrain from replying any further to your pitiful comments , and this thread is not made for us to argue and I hope you respect that, if you want to have a conversation with anybody about it, you can surely go for private messages on discord, as a friendly advice I'd say we both present constructive comments within this topic's purpose.

Edited by CalvinKlein
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, CalvinKlein said:

OOC toxicity was mentioned in this post and clearly you're showing what's its source right now, it's funny that I personally don't even know the lithuanians you are talking about, however I have respect for the person posting this thread and the purpose of it isn't you crying over faction conflicts so i will refrain from replying any further to your pitiful comments , and this thread is not made for us to argue and I hope you respect that, if you want to have a conversation with anybody about it, you can surely go for private messages on discord, as a friendly advice I'd say we both present constructive comments within this topic's purpose.

1 hour ago, Oli said:

Can y’all both save the arguing for outside of this thread and maybe in PMs as we should try to keep the convo on topic with suggestions and ideas rather then back and forth that just bogs the actual conversation down. It’s useless from both sides and isn’t contributing to making the server better at all.

• Upvote 4

On 1/5/2021 at 2:59 PM, givejoshamosin said:

2. OOC Toxicity

Again, I have been apart of this too, however recently I have tried to step away from it. I get the importance of reporting rule breaks, but it seems that people are looking for the most minute thing an enemy can do and are reporting them for it when it could be resolved so easily by just speaking, a lot of people from each side of this so called "war" are actually decent people and make mistakes. I have seen petty reports from both sides and quite frankly it's disappointing that this is still happening 6 months down the line. It's our job to represent the criminal community, working together to bring up our concerns to staff in the correct way, will help improve the server and crim rp as a whole.

I think this is a very important aspect you outlined currently. At the end of the day we are a community which we all interact with we shouldn't focus on getting each other banned. Nowadays I have my friends and even foes that tell me the same thing "I'm scared to even play cause for the slightest mistake I might get reported or even banned." This shouldn't be the case, once we enter the server we should have the mindset that we are gonna have a positive experience not a traumatic one. I wish in the future this is changed and punishments issued aren't harsh, we're here to learn and always improve as a whole.

Edited by PhenomenalX
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, PhenomenalX said:

I think is a very important aspect you outlined currently. At the end of the day we are a community which we all interact with we shouldn't focus on getting each other banned. Nowadays I have my friends and even foes that tell me the same thing "I'm scared to even play cause for the slightest mistake I might get reported or even banned." I wish in the future this is changed and is punishments issued aren't harsh, we're here to learn and always improve as a whole.

I've been in this boat where I joke about my IC opponents reporting everything. But I've also seen some petty reports from my side too. It's no joke that every situation ends in "Save POV". I have said it quite a lot myself, but I usually review the footage and see that the rulebreak was minor, or not a rulebreak in my opinion.

Reports and logs do serve a purpose. You will not get banned for 1 DM punishment, or even 2 logs. You need to be continously breaking rules. Staff made a good change recently in trying to clamp down on petty reports, or even ruleplaying ones.

I have tried to resolve reports OOCly, or even just not reported some minor ones. I solved one last week where someone DM'd me, then come forward to this week and his faction has had a report accepted against a friend of mine, where no attempt was made to resolve. If I resolve OOCly, admins never got notified to be on the lookout for this behaviour and he may continue to repeat it. This will just encourage further reporting, where now a person in my position may think "Why should I resolve, when they just made a friend of mine one step closer to a ban". It fosters this revenge report attitude.

One suggestion may be to have another field on columns to show severity. E.g 1, 2 3. 1 being relatively minor, e.g shooting too soon after demands, or 3 being worse like just straight up DM. Admins can then take that into account before issuing a ban. But like I said earlier, you don't get banned for 1 infraction, you need to show consistent rule breaking.

The ooc toxicity, rule play, and hypocrisy is the worst things about Crim RP right now. And until both sides can sit and think about how to fix it it's not going to fix. 

You can see it immediately at play when someone who has contributed to it most comes in here and posts like he hasn't. (Not you OP)

When I can't play without a constant meme of "what petty thing is my faction going to be reported for today" it's a problem. 

Some of you state that these issues are an IC issue and then when you are beat go crying to staff about it or reporting every little thing. All I can say is make up your mind. Is it an IC issue or isn't it? 

It seemed to be an IC issue whilst 4+ gangs hunted my faction in a 60v20 conflict. It seemed to be an IC issue when 4 different factions were operating as one escalating a conflict that didn't need to exist. All of a sudden tho, now that we have our own allies and are winning it needs to be discussed and fixed oocly. Okay.

Now we just sit somewhere not even interacting with the other side and 60+ people including randoms from lithuania who logged on for just that come just to shoot. So is it IC issue or isn't it?

If it's not an IC issue then maybe stop feeding into it with IC actions. Maybe hold your factions accountable to that. 

I can tell you that FSO took more than a week where they were not allowed to do anything against the other side but we're able to defend themselves when hit. The # of incidents that still happened were ridiculous coming from players that claim they want to "focus on rp" and not shootouts.

Until leadership from both sides can honestly put their foot down and hold their groups accountable it's not gonna happen. Until a leader is willing to kick their member who disobeys and continues the same actions we want to see less of its not gonna happen. 

You want to see improvement here is what you do (every leader): remove players from your faction who: 1) post petty reports, 2) spam in /b, 3) only want to shoot, 4) are oocly toxic, 5) roleplay situations to their favor. 

The only way for improvement is to stop perpetuating the environment that exists right now by allowing it to exist.

• Like 24
  • NAY 6
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, krooks365 said:

The ooc toxicity, rule play, and hypocrisy is the worst things about Crim RP right now. And until both sides can sit and think about how to fix it it's not going to fix. 

You can see it immediately at play when someone who has contributed to it most comes in here and posts like he hasn't. (Not you OP)

When I can't play without a constant meme of "what petty thing is my faction going to be reported for today" it's a problem. 

Some of you state that these issues are an IC issue and then when you are beat go crying to staff about it or reporting every little thing. All I can say is make up your mind. Is it an IC issue or isn't it? 

It seemed to be an IC issue whilst 4+ gangs hunted my faction in a 60v20 conflict. It seemed to be an IC issue when 4 different factions were operating as one escalating a conflict that didn't need to exist. All of a sudden tho, now that we have our own allies and are winning it needs to be discussed and fixed oocly. Okay.

Now we just sit somewhere not even interacting with the other side and 60+ people including randoms from lithuania who logged on for just that come just to shoot. So is it IC issue or isn't it?

If it's not an IC issue then maybe stop feeding into it with IC actions. Maybe hold your factions accountable to that. 

I can tell you that FSO took more than a week where they were not allowed to do anything against the other side but we're able to defend themselves when hit. The # of incidents that still happened were ridiculous coming from players that claim they want to "focus on rp" and not shootouts.

Until leadership from both sides can honestly put their foot down and hold their groups accountable it's not gonna happen. Until a leader is willing to kick their member who disobeys and continues the same actions we want to see less of its not gonna happen. 

You want to see improvement here is what you do (every leader): remove players from your faction who: 1) post petty reports, 2) spam in /b, 3) only want to shoot, 4) are oocly toxic, 5) roleplay situations to their favor. 

The only way for improvement is to stop perpetuating the environment that exists right now by allowing it to exist.

Rivalry roleplay is valid roleplay though and its still criminal RP, I believe players need to adapt to it but the main issue I agree with you on, is just because there's an IC conflict, OOC conflicts / hate should not exist as we are roleplaying not fighting so I believe that needs to be worked on from both ends for sure; but you always got to keep in mind IC actions have IC consequences, for example FSO disrespected multiple factions by walking out on that meeting and that was the start of it, was not "hunted" even after whatsoever and were only given the same treatment random players get (Both IC and OOC) I personally was still chilling with some FSO members when not doing anything around the city etc. and the only outcome at that point was revoking this "no rob card because we're friends" it was not a declaration of war but it was only a way of saying "bet we are no longer friends" and FSO was only robbed at labs / chops etc , sometimes even left alone but the response was to bring out all enemies, (TRCC - Irish) and actually arise the conflict even further , then eventually bring people like LNF into it who had 0 involvement whatsoever, which I believe is all IC and part of the criminal roleplay on the server, and resulted in response, both arising from time to time coming from both sides, but the part I HEAVILY Agree with you on, is certain people taking it OOC, now personally I don't believe that was mainly coming from FSO's side, but more like the people who already had negative / toxic feelings towards the overall conflict, who FSO chose to bring in onto the thing and I honestly don't believe the right way to solve this issue which i believe is an OOC issue is to force fix relations IC, but to find middle grounds in terms of OOC where hate / toxicity is not promoted, I mean come on, I was on FSO discord making friendly jokes and being nice when a TRCC member blatantly started shit talked me on YOUR discord, and your gang's response was simply kicking me but not him when I told him to stop being toxic and childish and tried to not respond by stepping down to his certain level of toxicity, and that is the same person who Rage quits out of the game because his freq got comped twice, so that tells you a lot about involving too much OOC emotion into roleplay which is a huge major issue https://streamable.com/eerg89

Edited by CalvinKlein
  • Like 1
  • NAY 6

38 minutes ago, krooks365 said:

reports get posted if they break rules dont know what else to say, follow rules then you wont get reported

Dont act like you guys havent gone out and made this problem for yourselves, Allie With trcc former known as tyler rogers clap crew,  dont know what else to say i mean you guys are allied with them so the 20v60 doesnt really count,  "4 different factions were operating as one escalating a conflict that didn't need to exist" again you went and made all these enemy's IC, And the dont act like you dont have ltu guys, what happened to the 4 pink new players who all magically have heavys. dont act innocent.

and who said yall are winning lol you are competing.

Maybe hold your factions accountable to that. 

If you ask for us to hold ourselves accountable, maybe hold yours aswell

if you wanna talk ooc toxic your alies and member's of you faction, have posted videos of hacking to win fights, dox people when they lose in a conflict,  and using peoples photos the belittle them ooc 

stop acting innocent 

Edited by L0C0_Turtle
  • Like 8
  • NAY 3
  • Confused 3

44 minutes ago, krooks365 said:

This just seems arrogant and one sided to me, you guys do the same thing even worse BRING IN HACKERS, but we need to fix things? doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, you involved yourself in an IC incident that ended up with you being ganged up on by everyone who DISAGREED with what you were doing. We won a fight the other day, I got to check the forums because I've been told to save pov 20 times! but were the problem right? doesn't make a lot of sense to me, Thanks for your time

Edited by Nettz
  • Like 2
  • NAY 2

1 minute ago, L0C0_Turtle said:

reports get posted if they break rules dont know what else to say, follow rules then you wont get reported

Yeah that were the famous last words by Teejay, right before 3 LFM, including Teejay, get punished for DM. So please, lets not speak about "dont break rules" cuz rulebreaks happen from both sides, unintentionally.

3 minutes ago, L0C0_Turtle said:

Dont act like you guys havent gone out and made this problem for yourselves, Allie With trcc former known as tyler rogers clap crew,  dont know what else to say i mean you guys are allied with them so the 20v60 doesnt really count

You know I respect you Jay but this is cap. FSO and TRCC only allied AFTER yous started hitting FSO not before. I was in TRCC myself and only joined FSO after the alliance happen.

4 minutes ago, L0C0_Turtle said:

And the dont act like you dont have ltu guys, what happened to the 4 pink new players who all magically have heavys. dont act innocent.

The LTUs did try to have a relations meeting with our alliance and were told they cannot, can be proven by logs or the admin that was attending the meeting whom I wont mention and told them "You need to build an RP reason to join us in the conflict".

• Like 1

Y'all need to get off the conspiracy theory bend like seriously. 

It's as simple as this: the issues perpetuate and continue because we allow them to. If you want to see change then be an active part of making the change happen with you IC behavior and actions. 

I'm not hurt or concerned when you throw random conspiracies my way and play the victim. None of ANYTHING you have pointed out is even close to things anyone in my faction has done or perpetrated. I will worry about my chickies and y'all should worry about yours. 

But on the real tho stop being so toxic with the one word or sentence responses. It's not helpful to the overall conversation. Neither is this particular side ramp we have ended up on. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, L0C0_Turtle said:

unless they are petty reports (revenge reports one side in particular loves)

3 minutes ago, L0C0_Turtle said:

Dont act like you guys havent gone out and made this problem for yourselves, Allie With trcc former known as tyler rogers clap crew,  dont know what else to say i mean you guys are allied with them so the 20v60 doesnt really count,  "4 different factions were operating as one escalating a conflict that didn't need to exist" again you went and made all these enemy's IC, And the dont act like you dont have ltu guys, what happened to the 4 pink new players who all magically have heavys. dont act innocent.

this statement could not be farther from the truth if i shot it out of a cannon. Firstly, TRCC was never IC'ly know as "tyler roger clap crew". Secondly, FSO started nothing and conflict was brought upon them for NO reason other than "Chi told Santa to shut up" (i've been told this by LFM members IC'ly) as a response to lfm's disrespect, FSO allied with TRCC as more numbers were needed. Thirdly, we do not ally ourselves with the Lithuanians in pink unlike the Lithuanians on your freq. (maybe they got heavies by killing you... just a thought)

7 minutes ago, L0C0_Turtle said:

If you ask for us to hold ourselves accountable, maybe hold yours aswell

if you wanna talk ooc toxic your alies and member's of you faction, have posted videos of hacking to win fights, dox people when they lose in a conflict,  and using peoples photos the belittle them ooc 

stop acting innocent 

believe me.. we have actually tried to not make this conflict a huge thing like Krooks said we had a whole almost week where we didnt initiate but was still forced into needless conflict. None of our members hacked, dox'ed, or posted photos of people so dont really know what your on about there...

Have a great day man and I hope this helped you better understand where youre gang is at and where mine is!

Hopefully now this can stop going towards gangs specifically and back to the main topic

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1