Purmineli

Government Owned Super Car Dealership

Super Cars are one of the most unobtainable assets to get for about 95% of the server.
My proposal is to create a "Super Car Dealership".

How the dealership would work

The dealership wouldn't be player owned it would be owned by the Government.
The Cars would be priced from 15-30mil depending on the Look / Performance.
( The Supers from this dealership would be treated like credit cars, Untradeable. This would leave the current Supers on the market still tradeable and highly valued )
With the current state of the economy you are finding more and more people with liquid cash and nothing to spend it on.

Most super car owners don't sell them and most business owners don't sell those as well

I personally feel if this was added it would create more long term goals for the normal day to day players.
( Example of a building that could be used for the Government owned Super Car Dealership )

Vinewood Garage | GTA Wiki | Fandom
( This is only a suggestion everyone is more than welcome to share their ideas! )

Edited by Purmineli
  • Like 6
  • NAY 3
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Qiang said:

the issue is only 2% of all the player play on server have that money and they already have super cars. if it was rental service it was good idea 

It isn't suppose to be something everyone can get, its suppose to be a hard but obtainable goal.
Renting should stay player to player like it currently is.

Edited by Purmineli
  • Like 1

I would +1, although I think this should be down the line after much needed improvement in businesses scripts and other jobs. Having a super car dealership when every player has easy and comprehensive tools to own, operate and mange virtually any business they want (Tow truck, DCC competitor, Security, Bar/Restaurant, Mechanic Shops, 24/7, etc...) would be better in my mind, considering there would be no restrictions besides time/work/effort into obtaining these things. Right now, it feels like the only way a civilian player can make money is grinding unbelievably BORING jobs and then either get a government subsidised job or continue farming and maybe buying/selling assets on the side (which is hard considering there is almost perfect information out there on average prices of vehicles, etc...)

For a server that is trying to champion civ RP, they need to focus on these key aspects before anything else IMO, otherwise the recent changes to crim RP will have been all for nothing.

+1

Doesn't make much sense that the only market for supercars is resale. Exorbitant price as it is, 15-30mil is on par with the current state of the economy imo and makes sense.

It might not have made sense to see everyone rolling around in supers back in the day (at least that's why I heard they were removed from dealerships, since it was way before my time on the server). At this point though, given how much time some players have been given to accumulate wealth, this option would not only be a good money sink but also a realistic option for the server.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyrus Raven said:

I would +1, although I think this should be down the line after much needed improvement in businesses scripts and other jobs. Having a super car dealership when every player has easy and comprehensive tools to own, operate and mange virtually any business they want (Tow truck, DCC competitor, Security, Bar/Restaurant, Mechanic Shops, 24/7, etc...) would be better in my mind, considering there would be no restrictions besides time/work/effort into obtaining these things. Right now, it feels like the only way a civilian player can make money is grinding unbelievably BORING jobs and then either get a government subsidised job or continue farming and maybe buying/selling assets on the side (which is hard considering there is almost perfect information out there on average prices of vehicles, etc...)

For a server that is trying to champion civ RP, they need to focus on these key aspects before anything else IMO, otherwise the recent changes to crim RP will have been all for nothing.

+1
+1 to the other suggestion on the forum regarding scripted businesses

- Using current, scripted or faction jobs it would take 2000 hours IRL of grinding to get a mediocre business (typical end game goal/sink), and many times more that for a top tier business (dealership for example), both of these assuming you are willing to wait the months/years for one to come up for sale

-1 To super dealer idea, however if it was implemented there is no reason for this to be gov. owned, a single player should decide and set prices to be able to make millions per import, and/or fully control the market.

Economy/businesses on this server are busted, the rich (business owners and higher) get richer while everyone else gets economically suppressed.

Edited by Jleoni

Some people own one-of-a-kind cars which have an exceptional value based upon this, introducing more of them into the server will just decrease other people's worth and there is nothing they can do about it, which is unfair. 

In addition to this, supercars are considered a rare luxury due to the amount of them that are available for purchase, if you allow an infinite amount to be spawned in then they lose that value.

Also a lot of them have incredible performance such as the Comet Retro Custom or the Banshee 900R, adding more of these will not be a healthy addition in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • NAY 3

1 minute ago, JakeInnit_ said:

Some people own one-of-a-kind cars which have an exceptional value based upon this, introducing more of them into the server will just decrease other people's worth and there is nothing they can do about it, which is unfair. 

In addition to this, supercars are considered a rare luxury due to the amount of them that are available for purchase, if you allow an infinite amount to be spawned in then they lose that value.

Also a lot of them have incredible performance such as the Comet Retro Custom or the Banshee 900R, adding more of these will not be a healthy addition in my opinion.

Comet Retro is a sports car, not a super. Supers for import could also be controlled (no 900R, no 811 for starters)

10 hours ago, Purmineli said:

normal day to day players.

normal day to day players also don't have 15-30m to spend on super cars. This suggestion is for the financial elite, business/former business owners, etc. Dev time should be spent on 'normal day to day players', which contrary to your belief are generally struggling to muster up 2m let alone 20m.

Edited by Jleoni

4 minutes ago, JakeInnit_ said:

This rebuttal doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I don't understand why one-of-one cars should have ever been a thing if I'm being honest, and I don't see why poor decisions relating to the server economy in the past should stop us from making decisions in the present. Placing the price of these stock vehicles at tens of millions of dollars will not depreciate the value of the supers already on the server (especially seeing as how almost nobody sells their supers unless they're planning on leaving the server). In what world does a city have tens of cars that are 1-of-1 in the world and impossible to import? In real life, 1-of-1 cars aren't owned by the general public, the closest thing you can get are limited run cars (only x number made or something) - and even then you have to have an in with the manufacturer to even be given the opportunity to purchase one.

Should everyone own a super car? No. Does this mean that only players who played when they were available to purchase stock should have them? Also no.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JakeInnit_ said:

realistically no one would be owning 1 of 1 cars like another comment on this threat said they would be numbered, the amount of super cars in this server are owned majority by select few people and makes it almost impossible for the people who've gained the ability to afford one but cant because the market is so strictly limited for them. The cars being valued at 15-30mil (just a suggestion number)  still increases the overall value most owners originally paid anymore before inflation. 

22 hours ago, Yputi said:

They got removed for a reason.
About long term goals: you can still have one... It's just a bit harder. Took me a long time too.

I have one as well but it shouldn't be a nearly impossible goal.
they were also what 500-2.5mil back in the day? 

17 hours ago, Jleoni said:

+1
+1 to the other suggestion on the forum regarding scripted businesses

- Using current, scripted or faction jobs it would take 2000 hours IRL of grinding to get a mediocre business (typical end game goal/sink), and many times more that for a top tier business (dealership for example), both of these assuming you are willing to wait the months/years for one to come up for sale

-1 To super dealer idea, however if it was implemented there is no reason for this to be gov. owned, a single player should decide and set prices to be able to make millions per import, and/or fully control the market.

Economy/businesses on this server are busted, the rich (business owners and higher) get richer while everyone else gets economically suppressed.

The reason I believe this should be Governmentally owned is because it would drain the abundance of cash circulating around the server.

Edited by Purmineli

1 hour ago, Purmineli said:

I have one as well but it shouldn't be a nearly impossible goal.
they were also what 500-2.5mil back in the day? 

Correct. But back in the day there was also a leaderboard of richest people. Having like 2 million made you already one of the richest people. Hence prices go up. People get more money these days than back then. Price's adjust to the economy.
Back in the day it was a server set price. Now it's set by players, who adjust to needs of people. IRL they aint easy to get aswell. It's not like GTA where 90% of the people drive around in T20's and Zentorno's. Maybe the price isn't representing IRL price's, but it's representing the rarity and the challange in getting one.
Also, there are still moments to get them from places other than players, but it would be kinda metagaming if I would explain that here.

This also still leaves the fact that there is a reason for their removal from dealerships.

Edited by Yputi

7 minutes ago, Yputi said:

Correct. But back in the day there was also a leaderboard of richest people. Having like 2 million made you already one of the richest people. Hence prices go up. People get more money these days than back then. Price's adjust to the economy.
Back in the day it was a server set price. Now it's set by players, who adjust to needs of people. IRL they aint easy to get aswell. It's not like GTA where 90% of the people drive around in T20's and Zentorno's. Maybe the price isn't representing IRL price's, but it's representing the rarity and the challange in getting one.
Also, there are still moments to get them from places other than players, but it would be kinda metagaming if I would explain that here.

if you have money IRL super cars aren't hard to obtain. my buddy literally drives around a Mclaren p1 as his daily. If you have money here they are nearly impossible to obtain. you also have to understand the amount of time and effort it would take to obtain a 15mil supercar for the average person, it give those who have the capability the opportunity to enjoy their hard earned money.

Edited by Purmineli

19 minutes ago, Purmineli said:

if you have money IRL super cars aren't hard to obtain. my buddy literally drives around a Mclaren p1 as his daily. If you have money here they are nearly impossible to obtain.

I am happy for him he is able to 🙂 Sadly, thats not the case everywhere, but I guess that depends per country/place. This still leaves the fact there is a reason for its removal.... The hardness of obtaining them could also be seen as an IC issue honestly. It's the players who make it hard. Thats 100% up to them and I really can't blame them. I would assume you would also try to get the most out of it. It's not something you need to have to be on ECRP. It's something extra. And the owners apperantly take good avdentage of people really wanting those businesses and cars. I perosnally never had plans in getting a business. THen I suddenly had a chance. I never had plans of buying a super. Then I also had suddenly a chance. I only had less than 10 hours in making those descissions, because I never even aimed for those, as I knew it's  not something mandatory for ECRP to have. Having a Business would make more sense for people to have than supers. Especially when you talk about RP and potential RP.
For some it's not even hard at all to get one. Just as in IRL. But then again, no matter what you change, it used to be in dealerships till around april 2018 and got removed with the increase of players. It's the same with drags.

Edited by Yputi

In my opinion if supers were brought back for IC cash, they should be "untradeable" forcing it to be a money sink and a permanent purchase, especially if this is ran by the Gov.

That way it would be far more beneficial for the servers economy, whilst also rewarding a player with a supercar of their choice if they want to "throw away" that cash.

• Upvote 5

-1 yeah the economy is just too shit to be putting new supers into circulation. 95% of people in the server cant make that kind of money with the way the economy is. I dont think the economy will ever have a reset either. The rich will get richer, and everyone else will just get left in the dust. Prime example is how every gas station rose their prices, and just inflates shit even more. 

8 hours ago, CallumMontie said:

In my opinion if supers were brought back for IC cash, they should be "untradeable" forcing it to be a money sink and a permanent purchase, especially if this is ran by the Gov.

That way it would be far more beneficial for the servers economy, whilst also rewarding a player with a supercar of their choice if they want to "throw away" that cash.

good point, added it to the original topic

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 8:52 AM, _Demon_ said:

-1 yeah the economy is just too shit to be putting new supers into circulation. 95% of people in the server cant make that kind of money with the way the economy is. I dont think the economy will ever have a reset either. The rich will get richer, and everyone else will just get left in the dust. Prime example is how every gas station rose their prices, and just inflates shit even more. 

The point of these cars being priced at 15-30mil is so 95% of people cant afford them but there is still a fair opportunity to obtain one eventually. More than less people that have been here a while find themselves sitting on pile of cash and no way to use it only left with hope that one day they can get something with it.

Edited by Purmineli

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.